Page 62 of 73 FirstFirst ... 12 52 60 61 62 63 64 72 ... LastLast
Results 1,831 to 1,860 of 2174
    Skidmarx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Skidmarx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Skidmarx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Skidmarx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Skidmarx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Skidmarx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Skidmarx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Skidmarx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Skidmarx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Skidmarx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Skidmarx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by jcrous View Post
    I have started drilling the holes for the upright posts. There are 44 holes per side of each post, Giving me 352 holes, each to be drilled. 5mm, 8mm, 11mm, 13mm and 17mm, giving me 1760 drills.
    Drill a pilot hole and then use a step drill. That's how I did my uprights. I also used drilling fluid and the drill press was set on the lowest speed it could go.
    []---[] Equipment Crew Member No 7
    ()---() York Barbell Club #7 ()---()
    []---[] Ivanko Barbell Crew #13 []---[]
    -!!!---!!!- No Excuses Homemade Equipment Crew #9 -!!!---!!!-

Skidmarx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Skidmarx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Skidmarx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Skidmarx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Skidmarx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Skidmarx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Skidmarx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Skidmarx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Skidmarx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Skidmarx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Skidmarx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    anyone have plans for a t-bar row handle/stand ?

Also a dip station

PtReyesGreg is a name known to all. (+5000) PtReyesGreg is a name known to all. (+5000) PtReyesGreg is a name known to all. (+5000) PtReyesGreg is a name known to all. (+5000) PtReyesGreg is a name known to all. (+5000) PtReyesGreg is a name known to all. (+5000) PtReyesGreg is a name known to all. (+5000) PtReyesGreg is a name known to all. (+5000) PtReyesGreg is a name known to all. (+5000) PtReyesGreg is a name known to all. (+5000) PtReyesGreg is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Here are some pics of my homemade fat bar and multi-grip chin setup. I've been wanting to add a monkey bar to my rack for a while and finally realized I could easily use some lumber and eye bolts along with some lat pull handles I had laying around and cobble something together that should work just as well in the short term. For the fat bar I bought two different pieces of fence post galvanized tubing from the home depot. I used bedliner spray paint to give the outside thicker tube a good coating for grip.

Here are pics of the chin setup I made:

Here are pics of the fat bar:

If in doubt, squat and run hills. So you walk into the gym and don't know what to do? Then squat and run hills. Have a miserable day at work and want to break someone's neck but aren't sure who's? Then squat and run hills. - Wendler

ISSA Certified Personal Trainer
    My Blog: https://slavinstrength.wordpress.com/
    IG: @greg_slavin

In it for the gainz RestoringTally's Avatar
    RestoringTally has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RestoringTally has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RestoringTally has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RestoringTally has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RestoringTally has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RestoringTally has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RestoringTally has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RestoringTally has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RestoringTally has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RestoringTally has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RestoringTally has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by PtReyesGreg View Post
    Here are some pics of my homemade fat bar and multi-grip chin setup. I've been wanting to add a monkey bar to my rack for a while and finally realized I could easily use some lumber and eye bolts along with some lat pull handles I had laying around and cobble something together that should work just as well in the short term. For the fat bar I bought two different pieces of fence post galvanized tubing from the home depot. I used bedliner spray paint to give the outside thicker tube a good coating for grip.

Here are pics of the chin setup I made:

I like the chin setup you made.

I would strongly suggest that you get rid of the C-clamps. That wood will compress from the clamp pressure and your body weight. That compression may be enough for the C-clamps to lose grip over time. I can easily envision your body swinging during a pullup and the 2x4s sliding down the top of your rack.

Drill holes and bolt the ends of the 2x4s in place. Much safer.
    O─O York Barbell Crew #53 O─O
    ─█────█─ Ivanko Barbell Crew #63 ─█────█─
    ─────────────────────────────────────────────────────────
    My goal is to have so much equipment that I don't have room to workout. I am almost there. :)
    ──────────────────────────────────-───────────────────────
    1st Meet Nov 2014 Push-Pull: 225 - 325 @ 194 Masters 59

PtReyesGreg is a name known to all. (+5000) PtReyesGreg is a name known to all. (+5000) PtReyesGreg is a name known to all. (+5000) PtReyesGreg is a name known to all. (+5000) PtReyesGreg is a name known to all. (+5000) PtReyesGreg is a name known to all. (+5000) PtReyesGreg is a name known to all. (+5000) PtReyesGreg is a name known to all. (+5000) PtReyesGreg is a name known to all. (+5000) PtReyesGreg is a name known to all. (+5000) PtReyesGreg is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by RestoringTally View Post
    I like the chin setup you made.

I would strongly suggest that you get rid of the C-clamps. That wood will compress from the clamp pressure and your body weight. That compression may be enough for the C-clamps to lose grip over time. I can easily envision your body swinging during a pullup and the 2x4s sliding down the top of your rack.

Drill holes and bolt the ends of the 2x4s in place. Much safer.
    Thanks. Also, thanks for the advice about getting rid of the C-Clamps. I plan to get some bolts to replace them with soon. I'm thinking about using eye bolts so I can have wider attachment points for the handles. That would make the whole setup sturdier and give me more flexibility in using it for wide grip chins.
    If in doubt, squat and run hills. So you walk into the gym and don't know what to do? Then squat and run hills. Have a miserable day at work and want to break someone's neck but aren't sure who's? Then squat and run hills. - Wendler

Originally Posted by PtReyesGreg View Post
    Thanks. Also, thanks for the advice about getting rid of the C-Clamps. I plan to get some bolts to replace them with soon. I'm thinking about using eye bolts so I can have wider attachment points for the handles. That would make the whole setup sturdier and give me more flexibility in using it for wide grip chins.
    Here's a little tip - Turn the i-bolts so they are at 45 degrees. That way it's easier to rotate the handles/carabiner for different grip styles. I did this for my inverted row setup with handles, and it works great.

Also, I would add 2 more bolts in between what you have now, so you have more width options.

Originally Posted by Skidmarx View Post
    Here's a little tip - Turn the i-bolts so they are at 45 degrees. That way it's easier to rotate the handles/carabiner for different grip styles. I did this for my inverted row setup with handles, and it works great.

Also, I would add 2 more bolts in between what you have now, so you have more width options.
    Thanks for the tip! I'll do that. That'll come in handy for being able to put my hands at different angles.

MonkeyT is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MonkeyT is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MonkeyT is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MonkeyT is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MonkeyT is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MonkeyT is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MonkeyT is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MonkeyT is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MonkeyT is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MonkeyT is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MonkeyT is a jewel in the rough. (+500)

Dumbbell Drinks Coaster

Not strictly equipment but I do put my bottle of water on it

One of my kids made this for me. Love it!!

Attached Images
    Last edited by MonkeyT; 10-14-2014 at 08:30 AM.
    ▪██─────██▪ Ivanko Barbell Crew #75 ▪██─────██▪

irongrandpa has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) irongrandpa has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) irongrandpa has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) irongrandpa has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) irongrandpa has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) irongrandpa has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) irongrandpa has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) irongrandpa has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) irongrandpa has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) irongrandpa has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) irongrandpa has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Awhile back I posted pictures of my lat machine that I added a mid row pulley to, well, I finally got around to fabbing a foot plate and a holder for attachments. The lower pulley is still fully functional, adding the mid pulley allows me to do seated rows from a bench rather sitting in the floor.

Attached Images
    Now OK for Sig line to be a novel

Nice mod, gramps !

jcrous will become famous soon enough. (+50) jcrous will become famous soon enough. (+50) jcrous will become famous soon enough. (+50) jcrous will become famous soon enough. (+50) jcrous will become famous soon enough. (+50) jcrous will become famous soon enough. (+50) jcrous will become famous soon enough. (+50) jcrous will become famous soon enough. (+50) jcrous will become famous soon enough. (+50) jcrous will become famous soon enough. (+50) jcrous will become famous soon enough. (+50)

At last the basic structure

Today I finished my basic squat rack structure:

You can see I have added a safety clip to the two cross bars. Maybe an overkill, but safety first. There are 16 weights of 15 Lb each, roughly 109 kg.
    More than enough for this feature. The end stops of the cables are working very well. There is no wiggling or creaking. The movements are smooth.

Now I will start with some more accessories.

The tubing is 3mm thick in wall and 76 x 76 mm (1/8 Inch x 3 inch). The corners have stabalizing corners fitted. It is welded and bolted.

The upload window utility do not allow me to browse further. All the functions are there, except the browse. So I will upload the rest in a second post.
    Attached Images
    Regards

Johan

jcrous will become famous soon enough. (+50) jcrous will become famous soon enough. (+50) jcrous will become famous soon enough. (+50) jcrous will become famous soon enough. (+50) jcrous will become famous soon enough. (+50) jcrous will become famous soon enough. (+50) jcrous will become famous soon enough. (+50) jcrous will become famous soon enough. (+50) jcrous will become famous soon enough. (+50) jcrous will become famous soon enough. (+50) jcrous will become famous soon enough. (+50)

At last the basic structure (part 2)

I am also planning for an attachment to allow to add weight plates, for a step between the weights as the jump from one weight to the next is too big for some excercises.
    Attached Images
    Regards

Johan

RestoringTally has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RestoringTally has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RestoringTally has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RestoringTally has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RestoringTally has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RestoringTally has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RestoringTally has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RestoringTally has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RestoringTally has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RestoringTally has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RestoringTally has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Today I finished my basic squat rack structure:

You can see I have added a safety clip to the two cross bars. Maybe an overkill, but safety first. There are 16 weights of 15 Lb each, roughly 109 kg.
    More than enough for this feature. The end stops of the cables are working very well. There is no wiggling or creaking. The movements are smooth.

Now I will start with some more accessories.

The tubing is 3mm thick in wall and 76 x 76 mm (1/8 Inch x 3 inch). The corners have stabalizing corners fitted. It is welded and bolted.

The upload window utility do not allow me to browse further. All the functions are there, except the browse. So I will upload the rest in a second post.

Embedded pics for you.

It looks nice solid.
    My goal is to have so much equipment that I don't have room to workout. I am almost there. :)

I am also planning for an attachment to allow to add weight plates, for a step between the weights as the jump from one weight to the next is too big for some excercises.

Embedded more pics for you.

Thanks for the embedding.
    I forgot to mention one thing that you may have noticed.
    The upper beam that housed the upper pulleys ar designed to sit on tp, but due to the low timber beams of my garage, the space is about two inches too little. So I installed it below by welding on some brackets. Should I moeve to a bigger venue, I can mount it on top, but then I will have to add longer weight guides and replace one of the cables.

And yes, this is solid and above. I have tried to shake it, but no success. I have drilled som extra holes to add more features.

The list I would like:
    Weight plate hooks,
    Pull-up station
    Dip station
    foot rests for seated rows
    leg support for bottom pulley (by the way, the bottom pulley can swivel)
    Various bars/handles
    A better bench (am thinking in terms of the pendlay model, but more heavy duty. The font will have a socket where a leg extension/leg curl attachment can slot in, and also a leg press, and the back bench part will also have a socket, where I am planning to make an attachment that is similar than a pec or fly machine.)

I also want to make a trolley type of dumbbell stand.
    Regards

Johan

spikeo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) spikeo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) spikeo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) spikeo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) spikeo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) spikeo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) spikeo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) spikeo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) spikeo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) spikeo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) spikeo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by Skidmarx View Post
    anyone have plans for a t-bar row handle/stand ?
    Ive made one for a barbell to slot into so you just load up one end of the bar. Ill get some new shots of it for ya. It bolts to the bottom of my rack with a bearing pivot.
    -!!!---!!!- No Excuses Homemade Equipment Crew #26 -!!!---!!!-

I have made the following two props (bars) for the rack's weight stack:

This prop is for pull downs for Triceps. The nuts I used from available scrap, rebar for concrete. It is working very well:

This low pulley seated row handle I made because of pain I am experiencing in my wrists if I use a straight bar. I immediately could raise the weigt by 15 pounds (6.8 kg). The two handles ar directing away from me at a slight uphill angle, similat than in an easy bar. No pain on my wrists any more and the grip is comfortable:
    Last edited by jcrous; 11-02-2014 at 03:52 AM.
    Regards

Johan

cool handles !

Stasher1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Stasher1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Stasher1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Stasher1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Stasher1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Stasher1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Stasher1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Stasher1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Stasher1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Stasher1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Stasher1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    For anyone needing upholstery for benches or whatnot, Joann Fabrics stores carry marine vinyl in numerous colors for $17.99/yd, and right now there's a 50% off coupon on Retailmenot that'll bring that down below $9/yd.

I bought 5 yds of red so I can do some of my own work and to ensure that I won't have to pay the ridiculous mark-up at the local upholstery shop if I decide to have it done. The last FI benches I had recovered cost me $120 a set, and a large part of that was material cost.

I used about a yard to redo this BFS leg ext/curl...

"What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us." - Ralph Waldo Emerson

"An adult male weighs at least 200 pounds." - Mark Rippetoe

▪█──█▪ Equipment Crew #44 ▪█──█▪

||---|| Rogue Barbell Club #11 ||---||

dumb.bell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dumb.bell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dumb.bell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dumb.bell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dumb.bell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dumb.bell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dumb.bell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dumb.bell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dumb.bell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dumb.bell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dumb.bell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Nice work!!
    ▪█─────█▪ Equipment Crew #39 ▪█─────█▪

▪█─────█▪ Ivanko Barbell Crew #2 ▪█─────█▪

▪[[[[────]]]]▪ York Barbell Club #93 (DD) ▪[[[[────]]]]▪

▪[M]====[6]▪ Mech6 Crew #10 ▪[M]====[6]▪

186lbs in Avatar

Stasher1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Stasher1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Stasher1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Stasher1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Stasher1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Stasher1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Stasher1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Stasher1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Stasher1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Stasher1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Stasher1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by dumb.bell View Post
    Nice work!!

Thanks, d.b. I've got an older VKR that I picked up a couple weeks ago that I'm going to redo in red sometime in the next day or so. The teal vinyl that's on it has got to go.
    "What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us." - Ralph Waldo Emerson

"An adult male weighs at least 200 pounds." - Mark Rippetoe

▪█──█▪ Equipment Crew #44 ▪█──█▪

||---|| Rogue Barbell Club #11 ||---||

awholelota is just really nice. (+1000) awholelota is just really nice. (+1000) awholelota is just really nice. (+1000) awholelota is just really nice. (+1000) awholelota is just really nice. (+1000) awholelota is just really nice. (+1000) awholelota is just really nice. (+1000) awholelota is just really nice. (+1000) awholelota is just really nice. (+1000) awholelota is just really nice. (+1000) awholelota is just really nice. (+1000)
    Someone asked for specs on the bench I made so I thought I'd share it with everyone in case anyone else was interested.

The bench pad is 48" long

11.5" wide

and 18" tall. The frame is 15" and the pad is 3" thick for a total of 18" from the floor

each leg is 13" long on top of 2" tubes

the long tube is 38" long

and the long foot is 17" long. I might make this longer since mine sorta wobbles
    sig!!!

redviking is a jewel in the rough. (+500) redviking is a jewel in the rough. (+500) redviking is a jewel in the rough. (+500) redviking is a jewel in the rough. (+500) redviking is a jewel in the rough. (+500) redviking is a jewel in the rough. (+500) redviking is a jewel in the rough. (+500) redviking is a jewel in the rough. (+500) redviking is a jewel in the rough. (+500) redviking is a jewel in the rough. (+500) redviking is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    I just saw these Homemade powerblock on Kijiji (craiglist):

well... cannot post pictures yet... (<50 posts) Can someone do it for me? Here are the "links":

h t t p://i.ebayimg.com/00/s/NDQ5WDgwMA==/z/t7cAAOSwuMFUg2kj/$_20.JPG

h t t p://i.ebayimg.com/00/s/NDQ5WDgwMA==/z/XaMAAOSwg3FUg2kf/$_20.JPG

inside the box thinker CliveWarren's Avatar
    CliveWarren is a name known to all. (+5000) CliveWarren is a name known to all. (+5000) CliveWarren is a name known to all. (+5000) CliveWarren is a name known to all. (+5000) CliveWarren is a name known to all. (+5000) CliveWarren is a name known to all. (+5000) CliveWarren is a name known to all. (+5000) CliveWarren is a name known to all. (+5000) CliveWarren is a name known to all. (+5000) CliveWarren is a name known to all. (+5000) CliveWarren is a name known to all. (+5000)

Clive, you're a good guy. - AttyGuy

()---() York Barbell Club #62 (DD) ()---()
    ▪█─────█▪ Equipment Crew #67 ▪█─────█▪

mck1212 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) mck1212 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) mck1212 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) mck1212 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) mck1212 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) mck1212 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) mck1212 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) mck1212 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) mck1212 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) mck1212 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) mck1212 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by irongrandpa View Post
    Awhile back I posted pictures of my lat machine that I added a mid row pulley to, well, I finally got around to fabbing a foot plate and a holder for attachments. The lower pulley is still fully functional, adding the mid pulley allows me to do seated rows from a bench rather sitting in the floor.

Can you link me to the posts where you made that mid-row? I'd like to do something similar with my setup. Thanks.

deiphid is a jewel in the rough. (+500) deiphid is a jewel in the rough. (+500) deiphid is a jewel in the rough. (+500) deiphid is a jewel in the rough. (+500) deiphid is a jewel in the rough. (+500) deiphid is a jewel in the rough. (+500) deiphid is a jewel in the rough. (+500) deiphid is a jewel in the rough. (+500) deiphid is a jewel in the rough. (+500) deiphid is a jewel in the rough. (+500) deiphid is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by mck1212 View Post
    Can you link me to the posts where you made that mid-row? I'd like to do something similar with my setup. Thanks.
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showth...hp?t=159859771

mck1212 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) mck1212 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) mck1212 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) mck1212 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) mck1212 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) mck1212 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) mck1212 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) mck1212 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) mck1212 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) mck1212 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) mck1212 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Thanks Deiphid, I was searching in this thread!

darren.dugan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) darren.dugan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) darren.dugan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) darren.dugan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) darren.dugan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) darren.dugan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) darren.dugan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) darren.dugan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) darren.dugan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) darren.dugan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) darren.dugan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Had a friend at my old job knurl up the handles for the farmer's walk handles I am making (1.125" diameter)

Celer, Silens, Mortalis - - - - - Meet Lifts: 584/385/600 @ 229 - - - - - Gym Lifts: 600/405/605

[]---[] Ivanko Barbell Crew #43 []---[]

darren.dugan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) darren.dugan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) darren.dugan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) darren.dugan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) darren.dugan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) darren.dugan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) darren.dugan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) darren.dugan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) darren.dugan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) darren.dugan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) darren.dugan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Celer, Silens, Mortalis - - - - - Meet Lifts: 584/385/600 @ 229 - - - - - Gym Lifts: 600/405/605

[]---[] Ivanko Barbell Crew #43 []---[]