AndrewFFC has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Creatine and Testosterone

I have seen a few studies finding a testosterone following 'creatine loading' phase.

However a cursory flick through the net showed a lot of ages suggesting no link between creatine and testosterone at all.

With this is mind can anyone evaluate the scientific consensus on this matter?

MakeABanana has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MakeABanana has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MakeABanana has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MakeABanana has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MakeABanana has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MakeABanana has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MakeABanana has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MakeABanana has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MakeABanana has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MakeABanana has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MakeABanana has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Which studies have you looked at?

From what I have gathered, creatine indirectly affects testosterone levels when it improves training volume. In other words, it's the increased training volume that increases testosterone. However, it is worthwhile to note that these are transient changes in testosterone levels and not long-term.

If you have a few interesting studies you are willing to share, I can take a look at when I have the time.
    أشهد أن لا إله إلاَّ الله و أشهد أن محمد رسول الله

rhizome has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rhizome has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rhizome has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rhizome has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rhizome has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rhizome has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rhizome has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rhizome has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rhizome has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rhizome has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rhizome has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by AndrewFFC View Post
    I have seen a few studies finding a testosterone following 'creatine loading' phase.

However a cursory flick through the net showed a lot of ages suggesting no link between creatine and testosterone at all.

With this is mind can anyone evaluate the scientific consensus on this matter?
    Creatine has little effect (likely no clinical relevance) on resting T but may alter T levels acutely during and after exercise (again clinical relevance is debatable). Loading also increases DHT but not so much T but that may just be transient (longer during studies are needed).

Creatine supplementation alters the hormonal response to resistance exercise

Short-term creatine supplementation does not alter the hormonal response to resistance training

Effect of creatine and ß-Alanine supplementation on performance and endocrine responses in strength/power athletes

See references therein also
    Last edited by rhizome; 04-06-2012 at 04:18 PM.

AndrewFFC has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I thought I relied but it mustnt have sent!
    I was thinking along the same lines as factors such as increased workload might come into play

This is a placebo controlled double blind study in creatine and rugby players

Edit: I cant post links with my post count. Google 'creatine testosterone rugby'. Its the first link.