dumb.bell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dumb.bell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dumb.bell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dumb.bell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dumb.bell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dumb.bell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dumb.bell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dumb.bell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dumb.bell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dumb.bell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dumb.bell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)

Ivanko Olympic Compression Collars?

The following picture comes from Ivanko's web page and shows various versions of their compression collars. I'm particularly interested in the copper looking pair. Has anyone seen these for sale anywhere? Ivanko doesn't have a separate picture or a price for them.

Last edited by dumb.bell; 09-10-2011 at 06:27 PM.

TKDC1970 is on a distinguished road. (+10) TKDC1970 is on a distinguished road. (+10) TKDC1970 is on a distinguished road. (+10) TKDC1970 is on a distinguished road. (+10) TKDC1970 is on a distinguished road. (+10) TKDC1970 is on a distinguished road. (+10) TKDC1970 is on a distinguished road. (+10) TKDC1970 is on a distinguished road. (+10) TKDC1970 is on a distinguished road. (+10) TKDC1970 is on a distinguished road. (+10) TKDC1970 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    I have the three pairs to the left and below the copper pair (which I'm interested in getting now as well). Maybe they're a future release, prototypes that were never distributed, produced but not available in the U.S. or only available for a time before they were discontinued. This would be a good question to ask Vinko.

Originally Posted by dumb.bell View Post
    The following picture comes from Ivanko's web page and shows various versions of their compression collars. I'm particularly interested in the copper looking pair. Has anyone seen these for sale anywhere? Ivanko doesn't have a separate picture or a price for them.

dumb.bell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dumb.bell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dumb.bell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dumb.bell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dumb.bell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dumb.bell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dumb.bell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dumb.bell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dumb.bell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dumb.bell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dumb.bell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by TKDC1970 View Post
    I have the three pairs to the left and below the copper pair (which I'm interested in getting now as well). Maybe they're a future release, prototypes that were never distributed, produced but not available in the U.S. or only available for a time before they were discontinued. This would be a good question to ask Vinko.
    Maybe he will see this thread and chime in. I also have a feeling that they may not be available anymore (if they ever were). I have several sets of the ones bottom left (black oxide and chrome). I suppose I'll purchase one of the other two sets that you have if the copper ones aren't available. I want a set for deadlifts and olympic lifts and figure the screwing mechanism against the plate will hold them tighter. I think the copper ones would look a lot better on my Black Ivanko bar.

Registered User IvankoBarbellCo's Avatar
    IvankoBarbellCo is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) IvankoBarbellCo is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) IvankoBarbellCo is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) IvankoBarbellCo is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) IvankoBarbellCo is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) IvankoBarbellCo is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) IvankoBarbellCo is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) IvankoBarbellCo is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) IvankoBarbellCo is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) IvankoBarbellCo is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) IvankoBarbellCo is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    These are the COX and COX-C, respectively. They're competition collars. Made in Los Angeles. The foundry we used was shut down due to environmental regulations (though perversely, the air coming out of it was cleaner than the air in the neighborhood). There are 5 parts to it, each individually weighed. It's a "calibrated" collar. And has a wedge mechanism for securing it to the bar. I'd like to see it come back. Maybe it will. It's on Tom's project list, but the compression ring collars are such a good design (functionally, that is -- I like the aesthetics of the COX and COX-C better than the CO and COC-2.5KG).

I'm not 100% certain but I think you can trace part of this design (in function) back to earlier designs. There's a Polish collar that made that also uses a wedge. Maybe others will know more. AFAIK, we were the first to use a "hex" shape for our collar. We've got an improved design for this collar that we might use.

I think I've got a few left (not for sale), but I should do some sort of promotion one of these days and give one away in a contest or something. It's a cool little piece of our history.

Thanks.

Vinko
    ()---() York Barbell Club #50 ()---()

Ivanko Barbell Company
    official website: www.ivankobarbell.com

View: //www.instagram.com/ivankobarbell
    Join: //www.********.com/ivankobarbell
    Follow: //www.twitter.com/ivankobarbell
    Watch: //www.youtube.com/ivankobarbell
    Newsletter: http://www.ivankobarbell.com/contact.html

Originally Posted by IvankoBarbellCo View Post
    These are the COX and COX-C, respectively. They're competition collars. Made in Los Angeles. The foundry we used was shut down due to environmental regulations (though perversely, the air coming out of it was cleaner than the air in the neighborhood). There are 5 parts to it, each individually weighed. It's a "calibrated" collar. And has a wedge mechanism for securing it to the bar. I'd like to see it come back. Maybe it will. It's on Tom's project list, but the compression ring collars are such a good design (functionally, that is -- I like the aesthetics of the COX and COX-C better than the CO and COC-2.5KG).

I'm not 100% certain but I think you can trace part of this design (in function) back to earlier designs. There's a Polish collar that made that also uses a wedge. Maybe others will know more. AFAIK, we were the first to use a "hex" shape for our collar. We've got an improved design for this collar that we might use.

I think I've got a few left (not for sale), but I should do some sort of promotion one of these days and give one away in a contest or something. It's a cool little piece of our history.

Thanks.

Vinko
    Thanks for the response. Those collars look really nice. Maybe they will come back or the improved version will make it to market. I really like the dark copper/bronze finish.

I like the current compression design and may end up buying some, but am not crazy about either the chrome or grey/green finishes. I've always preferred the black oxide finish.

nflan113 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nflan113 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nflan113 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nflan113 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nflan113 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nflan113 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nflan113 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nflan113 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nflan113 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nflan113 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nflan113 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Funny thing is that I purchased an ivanko lot from a craigslist seller today which had a TON of ivanko stuff, and I got the chrome upper right ones with it. They look incredibly nice, but I like the bottom grey ones (also came with the lot) as far as design much better.
    []---[] Ivanko Barbell Crew #11 []---[]

+ 92B +

Registered User IvankoBarbellCo's Avatar
    IvankoBarbellCo is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) IvankoBarbellCo is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) IvankoBarbellCo is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) IvankoBarbellCo is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) IvankoBarbellCo is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) IvankoBarbellCo is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) IvankoBarbellCo is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) IvankoBarbellCo is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) IvankoBarbellCo is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) IvankoBarbellCo is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) IvankoBarbellCo is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by dumb.bell View Post
    Thanks for the response. Those collars look really nice. Maybe they will come back or the improved version will make it to market. I really like the dark copper/bronze finish.

I like the current compression design and may end up buying some, but am not crazy about either the chrome or grey/green finishes. I've always preferred the black oxide finish.
    Thanks for the feedback. On this particular thing, I really like the copper/bronze finish too. But the chrome is pretty damn nice too. As I recall it was done by one of the oldest of plating co's in LA. Still in business despite severe regulations to that field.
    ()---() York Barbell Club #50 ()---()

Ivanko Barbell Company
    official website: www.ivankobarbell.com

View: //www.instagram.com/ivankobarbell
    Join: //www.********.com/ivankobarbell
    Follow: //www.twitter.com/ivankobarbell
    Watch: //www.youtube.com/ivankobarbell
    Newsletter: http://www.ivankobarbell.com/contact.html

Originally Posted by IvankoBarbellCo View Post
    Thanks for the feedback. On this particular thing, I really like the copper/bronze finish too. But the chrome is pretty damn nice too. As I recall it was done by one of the oldest of plating co's in LA. Still in business despite severe regulations to that field.
    Is there any chance that the current compression collars will be offered in the bronze or even a black oxide in the near future?

lilred23 is not very well liked. (-100) lilred23 is not very well liked. (-100) lilred23 is not very well liked. (-100) lilred23 is not very well liked. (-100) lilred23 is not very well liked. (-100) lilred23 is not very well liked. (-100) lilred23 is not very well liked. (-100) lilred23 is not very well liked. (-100) lilred23 is not very well liked. (-100) lilred23 is not very well liked. (-100) lilred23 is not very well liked. (-100)

Chrome cox collars

Would you sell the chrome cox collars? Email me at @roberto5612@yahoo.com if you are interested!

Originally Posted by nflan113 View Post
    Funny thing is that I purchased an ivanko lot from a craigslist seller today which had a TON of ivanko stuff, and I got the chrome upper right ones with it. They look incredibly nice, but I like the bottom grey ones (also came with the lot) as far as design much better.