Page 29 of 181 FirstFirst ... 19 27 28 29 30 31 39 79 129 ... LastLast
    Registered User IvankoBarbellCo's Avatar
    IvankoBarbellCo is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) IvankoBarbellCo is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) IvankoBarbellCo is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) IvankoBarbellCo is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) IvankoBarbellCo is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) IvankoBarbellCo is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) IvankoBarbellCo is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) IvankoBarbellCo is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) IvankoBarbellCo is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) IvankoBarbellCo is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) IvankoBarbellCo is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by ICEcap2 View Post
    The OBSNB is made for Olympic lifting and that is why the bumper plate set is sold with that bar. The knurling pattern meets the Olympic standards. Why the Olympic standard requires center knurling is beyond me.
    Beyond me too But that's what the spec called for when we made it. An interesting article could be written about the historical changes in olympic bar and powerlifting bar knurling what prompted them.
    ()---() York Barbell Club #50 ()---()

Ivanko Barbell Company
    official website: www.ivankobarbell.com

View: //www.instagram.com/ivankobarbell
    Join: //www.********.com/ivankobarbell
    Follow: //www.twitter.com/ivankobarbell
    Watch: //www.youtube.com/ivankobarbell
    Newsletter: http://www.ivankobarbell.com/contact.html

jackbravo is a name known to all. (+5000) jackbravo is a name known to all. (+5000) jackbravo is a name known to all. (+5000) jackbravo is a name known to all. (+5000) jackbravo is a name known to all. (+5000) jackbravo is a name known to all. (+5000) jackbravo is a name known to all. (+5000) jackbravo is a name known to all. (+5000) jackbravo is a name known to all. (+5000) jackbravo is a name known to all. (+5000) jackbravo is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by IvankoBarbellCo View Post
    Beyond me too But that's what the spec called for when we made it. An interesting article could be written about the historical changes in olympic bar and powerlifting bar knurling what prompted them.
    i'm not sure if you already saw this, but.......stainlesssss steeel plates and axle!!
    Last edited by jackbravo; 04-29-2013 at 11:24 PM.

IvankoBarbellCo is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) IvankoBarbellCo is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) IvankoBarbellCo is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) IvankoBarbellCo is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) IvankoBarbellCo is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) IvankoBarbellCo is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) IvankoBarbellCo is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) IvankoBarbellCo is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) IvankoBarbellCo is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) IvankoBarbellCo is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) IvankoBarbellCo is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by morebarbell View Post
    According to their website, Johnson Health Tech Co LTD's first products were barbells for Ivanko. Ivanko is a few years older, so these might not be Ivankos first barbells.

http://www.johnsonfitness.com/content/heritage

Here's a photo of their first product. It appears to be Ivanko.

To my knowledge, the first product made by that entity was a collar. And that was because we made a 14 ga EZ-Curl bar at that time (an improvement over a 14 ga) that we rebranded and no American foundry could (or would) make the collar we wanted. The US collars we did get were so poor we had to sit there and drill them each out by hand. Not an easy task. We've been working on a little "history" of all this, but that's a nice find!

Ivanko Barbell Company

Originally Posted by jackbravo View Post
    i'm not sure if you already saw this, but.......stainlesssss steeel plates!!
    I took some photos of the stainless revolvers. I'll get 'em up soon. You mean the Apollon Wheel we did? I made another set of the Hummer Tire Deadlift bar not too long ago as well.

Ivanko Barbell Company

ICEcap2 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ICEcap2 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ICEcap2 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ICEcap2 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ICEcap2 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ICEcap2 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ICEcap2 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ICEcap2 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ICEcap2 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ICEcap2 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ICEcap2 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    I took some photos of the stainless revolvers. I'll get 'em up soon. You mean the Apollon Wheel we did? I made another set of the Hummer Tire Deadlift bar not too long ago as well.
    Are the stainless revolvers going to be for sale?
    Ivanko Crew #28

jackbravo is a name known to all. (+5000) jackbravo is a name known to all. (+5000) jackbravo is a name known to all. (+5000) jackbravo is a name known to all. (+5000) jackbravo is a name known to all. (+5000) jackbravo is a name known to all. (+5000) jackbravo is a name known to all. (+5000) jackbravo is a name known to all. (+5000) jackbravo is a name known to all. (+5000) jackbravo is a name known to all. (+5000) jackbravo is a name known to all. (+5000)
    awesome!! looking forward to seeing those stainless revolvers.

I mean a stainless steel fat bar with knurling, without rotating sleeves.

Crack3rJack3r will become famous soon enough. (+50) Crack3rJack3r will become famous soon enough. (+50) Crack3rJack3r will become famous soon enough. (+50) Crack3rJack3r will become famous soon enough. (+50) Crack3rJack3r will become famous soon enough. (+50) Crack3rJack3r will become famous soon enough. (+50) Crack3rJack3r will become famous soon enough. (+50) Crack3rJack3r will become famous soon enough. (+50) Crack3rJack3r will become famous soon enough. (+50) Crack3rJack3r will become famous soon enough. (+50) Crack3rJack3r will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    mirin so hard.
    "I do not fear failure... I fear mediocrity."
    .:Spring Cutters Crew:.
    USAPL junior 83kg class
    Squat: 392lbs Bench: 270lbs Deadlift: 424lbs

morebarbell is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) morebarbell is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) morebarbell is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) morebarbell is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) morebarbell is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) morebarbell is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) morebarbell is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) morebarbell is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) morebarbell is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) morebarbell is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) morebarbell is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Are the stainless revolvers going to be for sale?
    I'll fight ye fer it.

Attached Images
    []---[] Ivanko Barbell Crew #32 []---[] ()---() York Barbell Club #43 ()---() ▉---▉ Equipment Crew #50 ▉---▉

ICEcap2 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ICEcap2 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ICEcap2 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ICEcap2 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ICEcap2 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ICEcap2 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ICEcap2 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ICEcap2 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ICEcap2 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ICEcap2 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ICEcap2 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    I'll fight ye fer it.
    Maybe we can get a group buy together to convince Ivanko to make a limited number of these. I'm sure the prices won't be for everyone, but who knows, in 50 years from now they might resell for more than the Zuver plates. Think of it as an inflation hedge
    Ivanko Crew #28

morebarbell is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) morebarbell is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) morebarbell is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) morebarbell is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) morebarbell is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) morebarbell is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) morebarbell is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) morebarbell is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) morebarbell is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) morebarbell is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) morebarbell is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Maybe we can get a group buy together to convince Ivanko to make a limited number of these. I'm sure the prices won't be for everyone, but who knows, in 50 years from now they might resell for more than the Zuver plates. Think of it as an inflation hedge
    A run of the stainless revolvers would be super cool.
    []---[] Ivanko Barbell Crew #32 []---[] ()---() York Barbell Club #43 ()---() ▉---▉ Equipment Crew #50 ▉---▉

ninjaneer has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ninjaneer has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ninjaneer has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ninjaneer has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ninjaneer has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ninjaneer has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ninjaneer has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ninjaneer has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ninjaneer has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ninjaneer has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ninjaneer has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by ninjaneer View Post
    posted this in another thread, but they're ivankos, so they're getting posted here, too. picked up an inzer lever belt and a pair of slotted ivankos, today. anyone know if the slotted ivankos have a different paint job from the revolvers? maybe that's just age?

turns out that one of these plates doesn't want to fit on my tpb. suggestions?

If you have dial calipers measure the sleeve diameter it should be 52mm or less. It if is the plate's hole is too small or not the bar is too big.

http://www.usapowerlifting.com/newsl...technical.html

Powerlifting Bar Specifications - 2008
    As a kind and gentle reminder to all of our National and International Competition promoters that effective January 01, 2008 the "knurling" distances on IPF approved bars will become universal/standard based for ALL IPF approved bars. As such, all National Championship directors for USA Powerlifting will be required to use an IPF approved bar, which meets the following measurements and specifications below. Please plan in advance - Thank you!

(a) The bar shall be straight and well knurled and grooved and shall conform to the following
    Dimensions:
    1. Total overall length not to exceed 2.2 m.
    2. Distance between the collar faces is not to exceed 1.32 m or be less than 1.31 m.
    3. Diameter of the bar is not to exceed 29 mm or be less than 28 mm.
    4. Weight of the bar and collars are to be 25 kg.
    5. Diameter of the sleeve not to exceed 52 mm or be less than 50 mm.
    6. There shall be a diameter machined marking or the bar taped so as to measure 81 cm between marking or tape.
    Ivanko Crew #28

Send them to me. I'll take 'em.

...Or if you want to keep them and use them with that bar, you could widen the hole a bit. Maybe use wet/dry sandpaper glued to a piece of PVC that is just under 50mm in size... and work your way up the grits.

Occasionally, people will call us to say "Your plates will not fit on our bars!" We always wonder why they never say "Our bars do not fit into your plates." So what is the problem? The bar not fitting into the plates or plates not fitting on to the bars? Whichever way it is, it is still a problem if it does not fit.

Here are the facts:

The best Olympic bars made in the world, IVANKO, Eleiko, York and Uddeholm all measure between 49.5mm (1.949 in.) and 50mm (1.969 in.) diameter. The hole size of an IVANKO Olympic plate is 50.2mm (1.976 in.) minimum to 50.8mm (2.00 in.) maximum. These dimensions will fit on any of the top bars in the world.

So where problems usually occur is when people try to use our plates on cheap bars. In this case, the plates that are to the extreme maximum, 50.8mm (2.00 in.) may fit. The plates that at the minus side of the hole tolerance, 50.2mm (1.976 in.), will not.

Usually at this point, a customer will ask us why we do not just make the holes in our plates larger so that they can fit every bar? This is not what IVANKO is all about.

IVANKO is about accuracy: consistent measurement, close tolerance, and a proper fit. This is the intricate part of the IVANKO philosophy. We are not about to change it, just to fit a lot of the junk, cheap bars that are out in the stores. That is not a concern of ours.
    http://ivankobarbell.com/press/my_pl..._your_bar.html
    Last edited by morebarbell; 04-30-2013 at 04:16 PM.

ninjaneer has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ninjaneer has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ninjaneer has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ninjaneer has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ninjaneer has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ninjaneer has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ninjaneer has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ninjaneer has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ninjaneer has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ninjaneer has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ninjaneer has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Send them to me. I'll take 'em.

...Or if you want to keep them and use them with that bar, you could widen the hole a bit. Maybe use wet/dry sandpaper glued to a piece of PVC that is just under 50mm in size... and work your way up the grits.

http://ivankobarbell.com/press/my_pl..._your_bar.html
    i don't have any calipers, but i'll see if i can find another way to measure it. it's funny, one plate fits just fine on both sides of the tpb. the other plate won't go on any more than about a 1/3 of the way.

i don't have any calipers, but i'll see if i can find another way to measure it. it's funny, one plate fits just fine on both sides of the tpb. the other plate won't go on any more than about a 1/3 of the way.
    If it goes on 1/3 of the length of the sleeve, the sleeve is not uniform. It either is ovalized or bent or both! The bar is at fault.
    Ivanko Crew #28

BloodType3R has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BloodType3R has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BloodType3R has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BloodType3R has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BloodType3R has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BloodType3R has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BloodType3R has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BloodType3R has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BloodType3R has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BloodType3R has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BloodType3R has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Use one of your other dozens of Ivanko 45lb plates?

[̲̅$̲̅(̲̅ ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°̲̅)̲̅$̲̅] Equipment Crew #57 [̲̅$̲̅(̲̅ ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°̲̅)̲̅$̲̅]

[]──[] Ivanko Barbell Crew #26 []──[]

❍--❍ York Barbell Club #34 ❍--❍

☆☆☆ That On3 Cr3w That Has Too Much Pow3r Cr3w ☆☆☆

rthawker is a name known to all. (+5000) rthawker is a name known to all. (+5000) rthawker is a name known to all. (+5000) rthawker is a name known to all. (+5000) rthawker is a name known to all. (+5000) rthawker is a name known to all. (+5000) rthawker is a name known to all. (+5000) rthawker is a name known to all. (+5000) rthawker is a name known to all. (+5000) rthawker is a name known to all. (+5000) rthawker is a name known to all. (+5000)
    This should fix it. http://www.grainger.com/Grainger/FLE...YX5?Pid=search
    ▪█─────█▪ Equipment Crew #52 ▪█─────█▪
    []---[] Ivanko Barbell Crew #5 []---[]

If it goes on 1/3 of the length of the sleeve, the sleeve is not uniform. It either is ovalized or bent or both! The bar is at fault.
    i dunno. i've had zero issues with several thousand pounds of other ivanko plates. this is the first ivanko plate to not fit, but it does look like nearly new condition. i'll try the plate on my pendlay bar, too.

Originally Posted by BloodType3R View Post
    Use one of your other dozens of Ivanko 45lb plates?

...but i want it all...
    Originally Posted by rthawker View Post
    sweet. i'll whoop the dremel out.

rthawker is a name known to all. (+5000) rthawker is a name known to all. (+5000) rthawker is a name known to all. (+5000) rthawker is a name known to all. (+5000) rthawker is a name known to all. (+5000) rthawker is a name known to all. (+5000) rthawker is a name known to all. (+5000) rthawker is a name known to all. (+5000) rthawker is a name known to all. (+5000) rthawker is a name known to all. (+5000) rthawker is a name known to all. (+5000)
    sweet. i'll whoop the dremel out.
    I don't think a dremel would have the power to operate it. It's a hone made for honing engine cylinders. The one I linked is a 2" diameter and made to fit in a drill chuck.
    ▪█─────█▪ Equipment Crew #52 ▪█─────█▪
    []---[] Ivanko Barbell Crew #5 []---[]

turns out it is the tpb. the plate fits fine on my pendlay. the tpb has these fasteners towards the end of the sleeve and they protrude slightly. not sure if i can just hammer them in or not, but that's exactly where the plate is getting stuck. it can't get over them.

BloodType3R has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BloodType3R has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BloodType3R has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BloodType3R has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BloodType3R has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BloodType3R has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BloodType3R has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BloodType3R has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BloodType3R has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BloodType3R has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BloodType3R has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    turns out it is the tpb. the plate fits fine on my pendlay. the tpb has these fasteners towards the end of the sleeve and they protrude slightly. not sure if i can just hammer them in or not, but that's exactly where the plate is getting stuck. it can't get over them.
    I recall another poster mentioning the same issue with the pins of a TPB. I'm pretty sure they were able to center them with a few whacks to get them from protruding on either side.
    [̲̅$̲̅(̲̅ ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°̲̅)̲̅$̲̅] Equipment Crew #57 [̲̅$̲̅(̲̅ ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°̲̅)̲̅$̲̅]

[]──[] Ivanko Barbell Crew #26 []──[]

❍--❍ York Barbell Club #34 ❍--❍

☆☆☆ That On3 Cr3w That Has Too Much Pow3r Cr3w ☆☆☆

Or a Merit flap wheel, 60 grit. It takes a light touch. You don't want to make the plate hole non-cocentric.

As to sleeve at fault (other post): I haven't seen enough TPB to know if that's the cause (I only have 2 here from different time period). But I have seen other bar sleeves where that is a problem. Also, another one is plate horns - those aren't always consistent.

Ivanko Barbell Company

I don't think a dremel would have the power to operate it. It's a hone made for honing engine cylinders. The one I linked is a 2" diameter and made to fit in a drill chuck.
    Drill is good. Or die grinder (electric or pneumatic).
    Attached Images

Ivanko Barbell Company

Originally Posted by BloodType3R View Post
    I recall another poster mentioning the same issue with the pins of a TPB. I'm pretty sure they were able to center them with a few whacks to get them from protruding on either side.
    I gotta look at that again. There are a few bars with pinned sleeves where this can be a problem. Also another design I recently noticed where the end appears capped. And the cap is little larger diameter than the sleeve. The cap doesn't have the same dims all way around as the sleeve (so it protrudes maybe 1mm more on one side). I'm not specifically referencing the TPB nor do I wish to denigrate it. I like that bar. And am far from expert on it.

Ivanko Barbell Company

35 pounder:

10 pounder:

Ivanko Barbell Company

Talking

35 pounder:

10 pounder:

I like them! When are these going to be available for sale, I would love to get a full set. IMO if you can't do the 7 hole design, skip the holes all together.
    Last edited by ICEcap2; 04-30-2013 at 11:20 PM.
    Ivanko Crew #28

judgecrandall is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) judgecrandall is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) judgecrandall is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) judgecrandall is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) judgecrandall is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) judgecrandall is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) judgecrandall is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) judgecrandall is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) judgecrandall is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) judgecrandall is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) judgecrandall is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Wow, they look amazing. I know there's no way I can afford them, but I'd love to get some of those if they're ever available.

amgben is on a distinguished road. (+10) amgben is on a distinguished road. (+10) amgben is on a distinguished road. (+10) amgben is on a distinguished road. (+10) amgben is on a distinguished road. (+10) amgben is on a distinguished road. (+10) amgben is on a distinguished road. (+10) amgben is on a distinguished road. (+10) amgben is on a distinguished road. (+10) amgben is on a distinguished road. (+10) amgben is on a distinguished road. (+10)

scored these at .50/c per lb today. however, the condition is not great. the owner was stupid enough to leave them outside so they are all kinda weathered. not too sure if i'll be keeping these yet.

Love 'em! It's great to see an EZ grip 10 pounder too. I like the two holes on the 10. If these ever go up for sale, please let me know!

35 pounder:

10 pounder:

those sure do look purty. 2ish comments

1. i'm not sure if it's the pictures or not, but it'd be nice if they had more visible machining marks
    2. they;re pretty shiny. any prelim tests on how they hold up after being banged together, etc? I seem to remember your 0.25kg plates had more of a flat finish
    3. also, they don't say USA on the hub like the change plate, are they US made?

Last edited by jackbravo; 05-01-2013 at 01:17 AM.

Page 29 of 181 FirstFirst ... 19 27 28 29 30 31 39 79 129 ... LastLast