Page 67 of 181 FirstFirst ... 17 57 65 66 67 68 69 77 117 167 ... LastLast
Results 1,981 to 2,010 of 5407
    dumb.bell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dumb.bell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dumb.bell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dumb.bell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dumb.bell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dumb.bell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dumb.bell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dumb.bell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dumb.bell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dumb.bell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dumb.bell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by Synthetickiller View Post
    Thanks & repped.

I guess the question would be, is there a better overall bar than the OBX-20kg?
    In my opinion, no. However, I haven't tried one of the Ivanko Stainless bars or an Eleiko, Werksen, Uesaka, etc. But most of those other high end bars are needle bearing bars design for Olympic Lifting. I know Eleiko makes a Power Bar, but I'm not sure the others do. The only bar that I've tried that comes close with the overall fit and finish is the old Berg bar that I purchased last year (Berg no longer makes bars). Considering Bergs place in lifting history, that is not all that surprising that they would build a very high quality bar.
    ▪█─────█▪ Equipment Crew #39 ▪█─────█▪

▪█─────█▪ Ivanko Barbell Crew #2 ▪█─────█▪

▪[[[[────]]]]▪ York Barbell Club #93 (DD) ▪[[[[────]]]]▪

▪[M]====[6]▪ Mech6 Crew #10 ▪[M]====[6]▪

186lbs in Avatar

ubernoob has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ubernoob has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ubernoob has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ubernoob has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ubernoob has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ubernoob has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ubernoob has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ubernoob has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ubernoob has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ubernoob has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ubernoob has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    So the ones I mentioned on the previous page are what I am leaning too. Essentially the stainless steel bar is twice the price of the black oxide. It's just a matter of finish now which I am leaning towards the stainless steel.
    Continually searching for that elusive runners high!

[]---[] Ivanko Barbell Crew #53 []---[]
    ||---|| Rogue Barbell Club #41 ||---||

dumb.bell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dumb.bell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dumb.bell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dumb.bell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dumb.bell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dumb.bell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dumb.bell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dumb.bell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dumb.bell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dumb.bell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dumb.bell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by ubernoob View Post
    So the ones I mentioned on the previous page are what I am leaning too. Essentially the stainless steel bar is twice the price of the black oxide. It's just a matter of finish now which I am leaning towards the stainless steel.
    Yeah, more or less. Stainless Steel isn't actually a finish but a type of steel. Would the type of steel change the feel of the bar? I don't know, but I doubt it would be enough of a difference to affect the Bench, Squat, or Deadlift. I've never even seen one of the Ivanko Stainless bars, so I can't be of much help. However, I do own two stainless bars, and I like the way they look. Having said that, I really like the finish on Ivanko's Black Oxide bars, so I don't think you can make a bad choice.

186lbs in Avatar

I know you said you wanted to eliminate the OBXS since it is 29mm, but it might be worth considering. Generally the knock on thicker bars is that they are thicker to make up for the lower strength steel. However, in this case, I'm assuming we are talking about the same strength steel in a larger diameter which I'm assuming would result in a stiffer bar with less whip (probably a good question for garageiron). If that is the case, this bar might be preferred for benching and squatting. On the other hand, it wouldn't be ideal for deadlifting. For deadlifting you would want a thinner diameter bar with more whip. Anyway, it would be interesting to hear what people who own one of the stainless bars think.

186lbs in Avatar

thejosef is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) thejosef is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) thejosef is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) thejosef is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) thejosef is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) thejosef is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) thejosef is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) thejosef is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) thejosef is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) thejosef is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) thejosef is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by dumb.bell View Post
    I know you said you wanted to eliminate the OBXS since it is 29mm, but it might be worth considering. Generally the knock on thicker bars is that they are thicker to make up for the lower strength steel. However, in this case, I'm assuming we are talking about the same strength steel in a larger diameter which I'm assuming would result in a stiffer bar with less whip (probably a good question for garageiron). If that is the case, this bar might be preferred for benching and squatting. On the other hand, it wouldn't be ideal for deadlifting. For deadlifting you would want a thinner diameter bar with more whip. Anyway, it would be interesting to hear what people who own one of the stainless bars think.
    /\ Sounds exactly right to me.

I had the OBS-20kg and it is an OUTSTANDING all-purpose bar, IF you can deal with the narrow (12 3/4") center smooth area for deadlifts. I, personally, love the Ivanko 3-ring pattern and smaller smooth center section, but I'm a small guy. I find the inner rings are great for press, and the end rings are helpful for placement when re-racking the bar. The stainless is absolutely incredible.. if you can afford it.
    [I sold mine to fund other equipment. Yes, I regret it.]

ubernoob, You can't go wrong with either the 28mm or 29mm stainless bar. If it's your ONLY bar, I'd get the 28mm for more all-purpose use. If you're mainly doing powerlifting or have multiple bars, go for the stainless 29mm model with center knurl and wider center section. If you don't want to spend a grand on a bar, the black oxide versions are just as awesome.. though they don't have the 29mm version with wider center section.

In a perfect world, I'd have an 28mm Eleiko bearing bar for Olympic lifts, a 29mm Ivanko OBXS-20kg for powerlifts, and a Rogue Ohio bar for general purpose use.. but that's just me. =]
    Equipment Crew #68, Ivanko Crew #47, Rogue Barbell Club #7, Mech6 Crew #30
    7'x18' Home Gym: http://goo.gl/CBphUy
    Best Lifts @ 153 bw: Sq 320, BP 245, DL 320, Press 155

prepremed is just really nice. (+1000) prepremed is just really nice. (+1000) prepremed is just really nice. (+1000) prepremed is just really nice. (+1000) prepremed is just really nice. (+1000) prepremed is just really nice. (+1000) prepremed is just really nice. (+1000) prepremed is just really nice. (+1000) prepremed is just really nice. (+1000) prepremed is just really nice. (+1000) prepremed is just really nice. (+1000)
    I wore myself out looking for an all-around bar lol. In the end I have to say, with a low budget get an OB86 or something awesome used of course OR get a bigger budget and get 2-3 bars to fill your needs very well. Just my opinion

top choice - OB86. aggressive but not overly aggressive knurl. No center knurl but a grippy texture that's better than almost all center knurled bars I've used for low bar squats. It doesn't spin extremely well but is passable after you grease it up. This is an economy bar and is certainly not made to the same standards as Ivanko bars. Highly recommended for everyone really. A high level olympic lifter would want something with better resonance and spin

Ohio - the knurl is amazing on this. It's not aggressive but is very grippy at the same time. I personally don't like the bar because the center was ridiculously slippery (I had the black zinc version so ymmv). spins really well and is made very nicely otherwise

TPB - I used an old version. Very very aggressive knurl and a great all around bar, especially for powerlifting. 100% chance of losing blood on a somewhat regular basis with this bar lol. useless for oly lifting and stuff like front squats and btn push presses so not really an all around bar

OBX-20KG - a lot of reviews here so I'll give my 2 cents, but I really do think the knurl is not a true "powerlifting" knurl. It's a pretty good knurl and the black oxide finish is great, but it's not extremely aggressive by any means. The same knurl type is on their olympic lifting bar, so clearly it's not as brutal as the TPB. The only other bar I've used that spun as well was an Eleiko training bar. This thing spins obnoxiously well and seems perfectly straight unlike most bars.
    it's hard to get a true overall bar, so I settled on an OB86 and a Texas dl bar for now. When the OB86 fails me I'll get a TPB, and when I switch from PL to oly lifting I'll get a dedicated oly bar

tjlewis10 will become famous soon enough. (+50) tjlewis10 will become famous soon enough. (+50) tjlewis10 will become famous soon enough. (+50) tjlewis10 will become famous soon enough. (+50) tjlewis10 will become famous soon enough. (+50) tjlewis10 will become famous soon enough. (+50) tjlewis10 will become famous soon enough. (+50) tjlewis10 will become famous soon enough. (+50) tjlewis10 will become famous soon enough. (+50) tjlewis10 will become famous soon enough. (+50) tjlewis10 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Is it weird that I want a set of these?

Attached Images
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    ▪█───█▪ Ivanko Barbell Crew #49 ▪█───█▪ ||| ()---() York Barbell Club #94 ()---()
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

judgecrandall is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) judgecrandall is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) judgecrandall is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) judgecrandall is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) judgecrandall is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) judgecrandall is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) judgecrandall is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) judgecrandall is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) judgecrandall is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) judgecrandall is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) judgecrandall is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by tjlewis10 View Post

No weirder than if you wanted to lift in a pair of these .

▪█───█▪ York Barbell Club #47 ▪█───█▪ Ivanko Barbell Crew #41 ▪█───█▪ ▪[M]====[6]▪ #7 ▪[M]====[6]▪

1RM PRs: Squat (385), Bench (245), Sumo/Conventional Deadlift (417.5/420), OHP (150)

Can't break what's broken Synthetickiller's Avatar
    Synthetickiller has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Synthetickiller has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Synthetickiller has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Synthetickiller has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Synthetickiller has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Synthetickiller has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Synthetickiller has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Synthetickiller has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Synthetickiller has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Synthetickiller has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Synthetickiller has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I wish I could jump in and give more insight, but I've only owned crappy non-branded bars, aside from specialty bars, & the OBX-20kg, so I can't really say anything beyond what others have stated.

I would be interested to see someone start a thread on non-special oly bars (I.E. no SSB, CSB, hex, etc) who has more experience here than I do, otherwise, I'd start it.

It would be nice to see if any of these bars take machined plates snuggly or not. I think that would help a lot of people with higher end plates not get stuck w/ a bar they can't use. Obviously kurling & kurling placement would be discussed.

I'm not trying to derail the thread, but it seems like something we all could expand upon in a dedicated thread.
    Last edited by Synthetickiller; 01-28-2014 at 06:18 PM. Reason: If it wasn't for my horse, I wouldn't have spent that year in college.
    Crews: Ivanko Barbell Crew #52, York Barbell Club #95, Equipment Crew #59
    Lifts no one cares about:
    SQ: 619x1 (suit bottoms, no belt) / 507x1 (raw, no belt)
    BP: 392x1 (pause bench, raw)
    DL: 500x1 (suit bottoms, no belt)

morebarbell is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) morebarbell is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) morebarbell is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) morebarbell is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) morebarbell is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) morebarbell is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) morebarbell is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) morebarbell is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) morebarbell is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) morebarbell is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) morebarbell is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    There is a barbell thread: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showth...hp?t=115122621

Someone earlier asked for a comparison of the CAP and Ivanko bars. I think a comparison of the specs on the CAP and Ivanko websites will show that there are very obvious differences. I mainly use an Ivanko and vintage York but I've never seen the CAP OB-86B. I've seen CAP's other bars at local sporting goods stores and assume based on the reviews that the OB-86B isn't the same junk.
    []---[] Ivanko Barbell Crew #32 []---[] ()---() York Barbell Club #43 ()---() ▉---▉ Equipment Crew #50 ▉---▉

ubernoob has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ubernoob has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ubernoob has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ubernoob has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ubernoob has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ubernoob has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ubernoob has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ubernoob has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ubernoob has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ubernoob has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ubernoob has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by tjlewis10 View Post

Da fuk? I have never seen these! Where can I buy?
    Continually searching for that elusive runners high!

[]---[] Ivanko Barbell Crew #53 []---[]
    ||---|| Rogue Barbell Club #41 ||---||

twodog has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) twodog has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) twodog has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) twodog has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) twodog has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) twodog has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) twodog has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) twodog has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) twodog has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) twodog has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) twodog has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by morebarbell View Post
    There is a barbell thread: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showth...hp?t=115122621

Someone earlier asked for a comparison of the CAP and Ivanko bars. I think a comparison of the specs on the CAP and Ivanko websites will show that there are very obvious differences. I mainly use an Ivanko and vintage York but I've never seen the CAP OB-86B. I've seen CAP's other bars at local sporting goods stores and assume based on the reviews that the OB-86B isn't the same junk.
    The CAP OB-86B is a great bar, especially for the money, and I recommend it, but it is, by no means, anything like a good Ivanko bar, or even a good newer York bar. It's a shame that they even use the moniker of CAP on that bar, but a lot like some older CAP plates ( accurate and lathed) that I used to own, all things CAP are not CR*P ... but most are.
    "Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do, than by the ones you did" Mark Twain

"Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin to slit throats" H. L. Mencken

[]---[] Equipment Crew #42 []---[] ()---() York Barbell Club #18 ()---()

maltralson is a jewel in the rough. (+500) maltralson is a jewel in the rough. (+500) maltralson is a jewel in the rough. (+500) maltralson is a jewel in the rough. (+500) maltralson is a jewel in the rough. (+500) maltralson is a jewel in the rough. (+500) maltralson is a jewel in the rough. (+500) maltralson is a jewel in the rough. (+500) maltralson is a jewel in the rough. (+500) maltralson is a jewel in the rough. (+500) maltralson is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    I wish I could jump in and give more insight, but I've only owned crappy non-branded bars, aside from specialty bars, & the OBX-20kg, so I can't really say anything beyond what others have stated.

I would be interested to see someone start a thread on non-special oly bars (I.E. no SSB, CSB, hex, etc) who has more experience here than I do, otherwise, I'd start it.

It would be nice to see if any of these bars take machined plates snuggly or not. I think that would help a lot of people with higher end plates not get stuck w/ a bar they can't use. Obviously kurling & kurling placement would be discussed.

I'm not trying to derail the thread, but it seems like something we all could expand upon in a dedicated thread.
    I can answer part of this, so my revolvers fit very snugly on tpb, and quite a bit looser on my ob86b.

Synthetickiller has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Synthetickiller has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Synthetickiller has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Synthetickiller has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Synthetickiller has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Synthetickiller has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Synthetickiller has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Synthetickiller has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Synthetickiller has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Synthetickiller has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Synthetickiller has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)

Thanks, repped.

Originally Posted by ubernoob View Post
    Da fuk? I have never seen these! Where can I buy?
    Those are probably acrylic. I think they were brought up earlier in the thread.

It's too bad it's not aluminium oxide. If you could deal w/ plates twice the size, you could see through them!

Originally Posted by maltralson View Post
    I can answer part of this, so my revolvers fit very snugly on tpb, and quite a bit looser on my ob86b.
    Thanks buddy, repped!

There's so many bars out there, even specific bench, squat & deadlift bars that owning just one can be difficult when there's so much choice. I'm still happy w/ my OBX-20kg & won't sell it, ever. I guess it's more of a matter of, would I buy a 2nd bar (or stainless variant) or get a non-ivanko bar? Choices, choices...

Registered User IvankoBarbellCo's Avatar
    IvankoBarbellCo is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) IvankoBarbellCo is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) IvankoBarbellCo is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) IvankoBarbellCo is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) IvankoBarbellCo is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) IvankoBarbellCo is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) IvankoBarbellCo is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) IvankoBarbellCo is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) IvankoBarbellCo is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) IvankoBarbellCo is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) IvankoBarbellCo is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    I know you said you wanted to eliminate the OBXS since it is 29mm, but it might be worth considering. Generally the knock on thicker bars is that they are thicker to make up for the lower strength steel.
    Yep, that’s one reason some do it. Another reason is that you don’t have to spend money to machine the bar down to 28mm (if you say, you’re buying steel round in an off-the-shelf diameter like 1-1/8"). Or you spend less and just do a superficial clean up on a 1-1/8 bar and take it down to 28.5mm. 1-1/8 is 28.57. I’d be curious to see how many bars that are advertised as 28.5 are really 28.57.

Re: other posts in this thread: another huge factor in cost is the construction of the sleeve. So many ways to play around with that. Make it really cheap (and maybe that’s OK because may it does the job) or really go the other way. Just doing the pair of sleeves along can cost us more than the sum total of production costs on another bar.
    ()---() York Barbell Club #50 ()---()

Ivanko Barbell Company
    official website: www.ivankobarbell.com

View: //www.instagram.com/ivankobarbell
    Join: //www.********.com/ivankobarbell
    Follow: //www.twitter.com/ivankobarbell
    Watch: //www.youtube.com/ivankobarbell
    Newsletter: http://www.ivankobarbell.com/contact.html

Registered User IvankoBarbellCo's Avatar
    IvankoBarbellCo is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) IvankoBarbellCo is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) IvankoBarbellCo is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) IvankoBarbellCo is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) IvankoBarbellCo is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) IvankoBarbellCo is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) IvankoBarbellCo is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) IvankoBarbellCo is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) IvankoBarbellCo is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) IvankoBarbellCo is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) IvankoBarbellCo is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    I probably worded what I was trying to say poorly. I wasn't trying to point out differences in an OB and an OBX but the differences in and older and newer version of the OB/OBXs. His bar is older and doesn't have what we refer to as the Ivanko ring pattern (three rings per side). I think that is true of both the OB and OBX in that time frame.
    I’m working on transcribing a bunch of notes Tom Ivanko did for some new articles. And he now refers to the “3 ring knurl” (which is probably inept phrasing on our part because it doesn’t accurately describe it) or the 4-3/4" knurl as the “silly knurl”.
    ()---() York Barbell Club #50 ()---()

Ivanko Barbell Company
    official website: www.ivankobarbell.com

View: //www.instagram.com/ivankobarbell
    Join: //www.********.com/ivankobarbell
    Follow: //www.twitter.com/ivankobarbell
    Watch: //www.youtube.com/ivankobarbell
    Newsletter: http://www.ivankobarbell.com/contact.html

dhartnet is a jewel in the rough. (+500) dhartnet is a jewel in the rough. (+500) dhartnet is a jewel in the rough. (+500) dhartnet is a jewel in the rough. (+500) dhartnet is a jewel in the rough. (+500) dhartnet is a jewel in the rough. (+500) dhartnet is a jewel in the rough. (+500) dhartnet is a jewel in the rough. (+500) dhartnet is a jewel in the rough. (+500) dhartnet is a jewel in the rough. (+500) dhartnet is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Someone hook me up with an Ivanko club number :>)

I recently picked up 8 of these 45's, for $175.00. I had to paint them as I'm not a fan of the gray. (Sorry Vinko).
    I'll repaint them since they are banged up a bit, of course I'll use primer this time around.

Am I one of the rare ones here who actually spent time with Tom Lincir? (AOBS dinner a few years back).
    Great guy, and learned a lot about Ivanko Barbell and Tom's collection...

SAM_1265.JPG
    ~Dave
    ()---() York Barbell Club #41 ()---()
    []---[] Ivanko Barbell Crew #55 []---[]

Originally Posted by dhartnet View Post

I recently picked up 8 of these 45's, for $175.00. I had to paint them as I'm not a fan of the gray. (Sorry Vinko).
    I'll repaint them since they are banged up a bit, of course I'll use primer this time around.

Am I one of the rare ones here who actually spent time with Tom Lincir? (AOBS dinner a few years back).

Attachment 6588611
    Embedded

What bar is that? Looks like a perfect fit.

BIgOrange865 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BIgOrange865 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BIgOrange865 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BIgOrange865 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BIgOrange865 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BIgOrange865 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BIgOrange865 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BIgOrange865 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BIgOrange865 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BIgOrange865 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BIgOrange865 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Embedded

What bar is that? Looks like a perfect fit.
    That would be a York bar...I can't believe Dave would put revolvers and milled Yorks on the same bar

[II]---[II] Equipment Crew #49 [II]---[II]

[[[---]]] York Barbell Crew #35 [[[---]]] (DD, RH)

"The iron is with you for a while, and you will use it to get stronger, while preserving it and protecting it for the men and women who will come after you. You aren't a consumer. You're a brother of the iron. It's your duty. It's your calling." -AttyGuy

Attachment 6588611
    You are in at #55

Official List

fishingeek []---[] Ivanko Barbell Crew #1 []---[]
    dumb.bell []---[] Ivanko Barbell Crew #2 []---[]
    Northernmoris []---[] Ivanko Barbell Crew #3 []---[]
    rpark []---[] Ivanko Barbell Crew #4 []---[]
    rthawker []---[] Ivanko Barbell Crew #5 []---[]
    dnb.. []---[] Ivanko Barbell Crew #6 []---[]
    darkfact.. []---[] Ivanko Barbell Crew #7 []---[]
    ndmike99.. []---[] Ivanko Barbell Crew #8 []---[]
    Keetman.. []---[] Ivanko Barbell Crew #9 []---[]
    jfidon []---[] Ivanko Barbell Crew #10 []---[]
    nflan133.. []---[] Ivanko Barbell Crew #11 []---[]
    HealthNutMD.. []---[] Ivanko Barbell Crew #12 []---[]
    skidmarx.. []---[] Ivanko Barbell Crew #13 []---[]
    davidoff1974.. []---[] Ivanko Barbell Crew #14 []---[]
    grunpytude []---[] Ivanko Barbell Crew #15 []---[]
    slimverdies []---[] Ivanko Barbell Crew #16 []---[]
    mroc17.. []---[] Ivanko Barbell Crew #17 []---[]
    PassinThrough []---[] Ivanko Barbell Crew #18 []---[]
    keyboardworkout -- []---[] Ivanko Barbell Crew #19 []---[]
    ReeveConstruct []---[] Ivanko Barbell Crew #20 []---[]
    Matrix []---[] Ivanko Barbell Crew #21 []---[]
    TinyB []---[] Ivanko Barbell Crew #22 []---[]
    Extremistpullup []---[] Ivanko Crew #23 []---[]
    TheDude8734 []---[] Ivanko Barbell Crew #24 []---[]
    Southpawbk []---[] Ivanko Barbell Crew #25 []---[]
    BloodType3R []---[] Ivanko Barbell Crew #26 []---[]
    Buccaneer82 []---[] Ivanko Barbell Crew #27 []---[]
    ICEcap2 []---[] Ivanko Crew #28 []---[]
    rlundregan []---[] Ivanko Crew #29 []---[]
    psukydd []---[]Ivanko Crew #30 []---[]
    GRAYPANTHER []---[] Ivanko Barbell Crew #31 []---[]
    morebarbell []---[] Ivanko Barbell Crew #32 []---[]
    notfamousyet []---[] Ivanko Barbell Crew #33 []---[]
    tazman7 []---[] Ivanko Barbell Crew #34 []---[]
    StephanBB []---[] Ivanko Barbell Crew #35 []---[]
    SpinLock []---[] Ivanko Barbell Crew #36 []---[]
    DamonB82 []---[] Ivanko Barbell Crew #37 []---[]
    jlockeOSU []---[] Ivanko Barbell Crew #38 []---[]
    SkinnySquats []---[] Ivanko Barbell Crew #39 []---[]
    aclockworkoi []---[] Ivanko Barbell Crew #40 []---[]
    judgecrandall []---[] Ivanko Barbell Crew #41 []---[]
    Cartr1dgeBased []---[] Ivanko Barbell Crew #42[]---[]
    Darren.dugan []---[] Ivanko Barbell Crew #43[]---[]
    jdforsy []---[] Ivanko Barbell Crew #44 []---[]
    Dinerobill []---[] Ivanko Barbell Crew #45 []---[]
    swoonfitness[]---[] Ivanko Barbell Crew #46 []---[]
    thejosef[]---[] Ivanko Barbell Crew #47 []---[]
    djslik916[]---[] Ivanko Barbell Crew #48 []---[]
    tjlewis10[]---[] Ivanko Barbell Crew #49 []---[]
    IvankoBarbellCo []---[] Ivanko Barbell Crew #50 []---[]
    AttyGuy []---[] Ivanko Barbell Crew #51 []---[]
    Synthetickiller []---[] Ivanko Barbell Crew #52 []---[]
    ubernoob []---[] Ivanko Barbell Crew #53 []---[]
    alexthaman []---[] Ivanko Barbell Crew #54 []---[]
    dhartnet []---[] Ivanko Barbell Crew #55 []---[]
    irongrandpa []---[] Ivanko Barbell Crew #56 []---[]
    CYMlift []---[] Ivanko Barbell Crew #57 []---[]
    STR8OUT []---[] Ivanko Barbell Crew #58 []---[]
    []---[] Ivanko Barbell Crew #59 []---[]
    []---[] Ivanko Barbell Crew #60 []---[]
    Last edited by dumb.bell; 01-30-2014 at 03:29 PM.

186lbs in Avatar

Bench905 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bench905 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bench905 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bench905 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bench905 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bench905 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bench905 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bench905 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bench905 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bench905 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bench905 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Just started a new job last month and finally visited the gym today. All plates are Ivanko rubber revolvers. All dumbbells are Ivanko pro-style urethane.

The kicker? No power rack (only a smith machine) and the dumbbells go up to 65lbs. Doh. Those revolvers sure were pretty.

So why are CBPP not much more than Revolvers/OMEZS plates? I figured that type of calibration would cost a lot more. Maybe the machining?

I thought about getting OMEZS (idk, the look it nice & everyone has revolvers), but the price for new makes me want more CBPP/CBPs.

Originally Posted by Bench905 View Post
    Just started a new job last month and finally visited the gym today. All plates are Ivanko rubber revolvers. All dumbbells are Ivanko pro-style urethane.

The kicker? No power rack (only a smith machine) and the dumbbells go up to 65lbs. Doh. Those revolvers sure were pretty.
    Get some pics!

morebarbell is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) morebarbell is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) morebarbell is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) morebarbell is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) morebarbell is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) morebarbell is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) morebarbell is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) morebarbell is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) morebarbell is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) morebarbell is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) morebarbell is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)

I also repaint in black but not when the original paint is in good condition. The rattle can hammertone paints aren't as durable but I might use hammertone silver if I were to have them powder coated.

The exact color of Ivanko's paint has changed a bit over the years but the current German polyester paint is really nice imho... by far the best that I have seen on plates.

This is what a machined OM plate looks like completely stripped of the original paint and primed with Rustoleum Rust Converter. The plates weren't rusty but that was what I had available and I think it turned out well. I usually paint over the primer with Rustoleum professional flat black or satin black. I prefer flat black for Ivanko and satin black for vintage York.

And this is what it looked like stripped of the original paint...

Last edited by morebarbell; 01-29-2014 at 01:00 PM.
    []---[] Ivanko Barbell Crew #32 []---[] ()---() York Barbell Club #43 ()---() ▉---▉ Equipment Crew #50 ▉---▉

twodog has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) twodog has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) twodog has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) twodog has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) twodog has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) twodog has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) twodog has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) twodog has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) twodog has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) twodog has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) twodog has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I like the finish of the rust converter by itself. I finish all of my Yorks with HD flat black (Rustoleum I believe), which was recommended in this thread by Vinko. I'd try to keep the original finish of the Ivanko's, as long as they are in decent shape, but in general, I too, like the flat or satin black finishes.
    "Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do, than by the ones you did" Mark Twain

"Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin to slit throats" H. L. Mencken

[]---[] Equipment Crew #42 []---[] ()---() York Barbell Club #18 ()---()

CYMlift has a spectacular aura about. (+250) CYMlift has a spectacular aura about. (+250) CYMlift has a spectacular aura about. (+250) CYMlift has a spectacular aura about. (+250) CYMlift has a spectacular aura about. (+250) CYMlift has a spectacular aura about. (+250) CYMlift has a spectacular aura about. (+250) CYMlift has a spectacular aura about. (+250) CYMlift has a spectacular aura about. (+250) CYMlift has a spectacular aura about. (+250) CYMlift has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by prepremed View Post
    I wore myself out looking for an all-around bar lol. In the end I have to say, with a low budget get an OB86 or something awesome used of course OR get a bigger budget and get 2-3 bars to fill your needs very well. Just my opinion

top choice - OB86. aggressive but not overly aggressive knurl. No center knurl but a grippy texture that's better than almost all center knurled bars I've used for low bar squats. It doesn't spin extremely well but is passable after you grease it up. This is an economy bar and is certainly not made to the same standards as Ivanko bars. Highly recommended for everyone really. A high level olympic lifter would want something with better resonance and spin

Ohio - the knurl is amazing on this. It's not aggressive but is very grippy at the same time. I personally don't like the bar because the center was ridiculously slippery (I had the black zinc version so ymmv). spins really well and is made very nicely otherwise

TPB - I used an old version. Very very aggressive knurl and a great all around bar, especially for powerlifting. 100% chance of losing blood on a somewhat regular basis with this bar lol. useless for oly lifting and stuff like front squats and btn push presses so not really an all around bar

OBX-20KG - a lot of reviews here so I'll give my 2 cents, but I really do think the knurl is not a true "powerlifting" knurl. It's a pretty good knurl and the black oxide finish is great, but it's not extremely aggressive by any means. The same knurl type is on their olympic lifting bar, so clearly it's not as brutal as the TPB. The only other bar I've used that spun as well was an Eleiko training bar. This thing spins obnoxiously well and seems perfectly straight unlike most bars.
    it's hard to get a true overall bar, so I settled on an OB86 and a Texas dl bar for now. When the OB86 fails me I'll get a TPB, and when I switch from PL to oly lifting I'll get a dedicated oly bar
    I would agree with the above. From the many reviews on this forum regarding different bars with their pro's and con's, I think the consensus ended up being that there are no bars that are great at everything. Either they are meant more for power lifting vs. Olympic lifting etc. I think it boils down to 2 things:

1. what you plan to use the bar primarily for
    2. what you really want, on matter what anyone says. if your heart/mind is deadset on getting the stainless steel Ivanko bar, then if you have the means, I would say get it. that way, you will probably have less regret later on.

However, if you are not completely decided on getting that stainless steel Ivanko bar, I would agree with prepremed that you could buy 2 good bars, possibly even 3.
    I my rogue bar for deadlifts and some Olympic lifts occasionally. I use my rogue westside power bar for squats and bench press. My westside power bar is 29 mm and has a center knurl. the knurl is rough, but not TPB rough since it does not make my hands bleed (not yet at least). I have to say, the 29 mm bar feels much nicer on my back with squats and also even with gripping for benching. The rogue bar is 28.5 mm and it does not seem that much of a difference in size, but I just like the westside bar much better and purposely got it due to its 29 mm diameter (hard to find bars that are 29mm). as for DL, the 28.5 mm is nicer than gripping the 29 mm bar.
    just my 2 cents.
    again, if you are really wanting the ivanko stainless steel, I would got with that. you will be the envy of a lot us of here. =)

CYMlift has a spectacular aura about. (+250) CYMlift has a spectacular aura about. (+250) CYMlift has a spectacular aura about. (+250) CYMlift has a spectacular aura about. (+250) CYMlift has a spectacular aura about. (+250) CYMlift has a spectacular aura about. (+250) CYMlift has a spectacular aura about. (+250) CYMlift has a spectacular aura about. (+250) CYMlift has a spectacular aura about. (+250) CYMlift has a spectacular aura about. (+250) CYMlift has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    ivanko1.PNGivanko2.jpgivanko3.jpgI am happy to finally say, after 3 long weeks of waiting and numerous emails, that Iron company and Ivanko finally came thru and replaced my damaged 10 Rubio rubber plates (that seemed to due to poor packaging/shipping) and now my new set of ROEZH is finally complete. (Most of the waiting was more from Iron company since I ordered thru them, so it was not really due to Ivanko's fault, although I think they should have packaged the plates alittle better.)

ivanko45lb.jpgivanko5lb.jpg

Now that it is all settled, can I also get a number as well and join this cool group.

Originally Posted by CYMlift View Post
    Attachment 6590961Attachment 6590971Attachment 6590981I am happy to finally say, after 3 long weeks of waiting and numerous emails, that Iron company and Ivanko finally came thru and replaced my damaged 10 Rubio rubber plates (that seemed to due to poor packaging/shipping) and now my new set of ROEZH is finally complete. (Most of the waiting was more from Iron company since I ordered thru them, so it was not really due to Ivanko's fault, although I think they should have packaged the plates alittle better.)

Attachment 6590941Attachment 6590951

Now that it is all settled, can I also get a number as well and join this cool group.
    Embedded:

Nice looking plates.

Two more new members

irongrandpa []---[] Ivanko Barbell Crew #56 []---[]
    CYMlift []---[] Ivanko Barbell Crew #57 []---[]

186lbs in Avatar

Embedded:

Nice looking plates.
    Thanks and thanks for embedding the pics for me.

STR8OUT is a name known to all. (+5000) STR8OUT is a name known to all. (+5000) STR8OUT is a name known to all. (+5000) STR8OUT is a name known to all. (+5000) STR8OUT is a name known to all. (+5000) STR8OUT is a name known to all. (+5000) STR8OUT is a name known to all. (+5000) STR8OUT is a name known to all. (+5000) STR8OUT is a name known to all. (+5000) STR8OUT is a name known to all. (+5000) STR8OUT is a name known to all. (+5000)
    dumb.bell, I'm stupid for not checking this thread out earlier. Let me in! OB-84 rollin' on dubs

Attached Images
    []---[] Ivanko Barbell Crew #58 []---[]

Page 67 of 181 FirstFirst ... 17 57 65 66 67 68 69 77 117 167 ... LastLast