Page 16 of 181 FirstFirst ... 6 14 15 16 17 18 26 66 116 ... LastLast
    morebarbell is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) morebarbell is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) morebarbell is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) morebarbell is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) morebarbell is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) morebarbell is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) morebarbell is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) morebarbell is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) morebarbell is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) morebarbell is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) morebarbell is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    The curl bar looks great!

I found these at a used sporting goods store. Three of a kind (sort of)...

i1340.photobucket.com/albums/o727/morebarbell/3ofakind.jpg
    []---[] Ivanko Barbell Crew #32 []---[] ()---() York Barbell Club #43 ()---() ▉---▉ Equipment Crew #50 ▉---▉

GRAYPANTHER is on a distinguished road. (+10) GRAYPANTHER is on a distinguished road. (+10) GRAYPANTHER is on a distinguished road. (+10) GRAYPANTHER is on a distinguished road. (+10) GRAYPANTHER is on a distinguished road. (+10) GRAYPANTHER is on a distinguished road. (+10) GRAYPANTHER is on a distinguished road. (+10) GRAYPANTHER is on a distinguished road. (+10) GRAYPANTHER is on a distinguished road. (+10) GRAYPANTHER is on a distinguished road. (+10) GRAYPANTHER is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    IMAG1039.jpg

OHHHHH Shinny...
    350 pounds of Ivanko's...
    70 pounds of cap....

225 for it all I'm happy.

notfamousyet is on a distinguished road. (+10) notfamousyet is on a distinguished road. (+10) notfamousyet is on a distinguished road. (+10) notfamousyet is on a distinguished road. (+10) notfamousyet is on a distinguished road. (+10) notfamousyet is on a distinguished road. (+10) notfamousyet is on a distinguished road. (+10) notfamousyet is on a distinguished road. (+10) notfamousyet is on a distinguished road. (+10) notfamousyet is on a distinguished road. (+10) notfamousyet is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Recent Ivanko convert

Short story - after working out oft and on at the local Y, I decided to start working out at home in the garage.

Went to a "fitness" store, and made bad initial decisions based on price.

I bought a no-name 7 ft olympic bar and some cool looking cast iron grip plates from brand "x". Initial glance all looks OK and it's low price.

I start using the gear and instantly the problems show up:

Bar rattles big time - large clearances (radially & axially).
    Plates - big drips in paint, sharp, uneven and ragged casting lines in and around hand grip through hole. Did I mention that the center hole was round like an egg? Plates have a lot of clearance and angular movement on the sleeve.

Combo of sloppy bar and poor quality plates makes for noisy mess - flashy & trashy.

I decided to do research this time around, found bodybuilding.com and read a lot of posts. Checked out the articles and then around to a variety of local gyms. Over the past 6 months evolution occurred !

I upgraded, sold the brand "x" plates and started with the Ivanko OM 2.5, 5, 10 & 25 lbs classic deep lip plates. I bought mix of new (smaller plates) & used from Craigslist (larger plates).

Big Difference! Right away - machined center hole, tight tolerance, smooth corners - great fit on sleeve, minimal angular movement - quiet by design. All edges and corners smooth, easy on the hands. The paint, thin with even coverage. Ivanko plates may cost more, in my opinion they are worth it and a superior value.

Next step was 45 lbs plates .. went with used OMEZH - revolvers.
    Now 100% Ivanko iron plates!

Bar evolution is another story to tell ...
    notfamousyet
    Iron doesn't lift itself ..
    []---[] Ivanko Barbell Crew #33 []---[]

rlundregan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rlundregan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rlundregan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rlundregan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rlundregan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rlundregan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rlundregan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rlundregan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rlundregan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rlundregan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rlundregan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by notfamousyet View Post
    Short story - after working out oft and on at the local Y, I decided to start working out at home in the garage.

Went to a "fitness" store, and made bad initial decisions based on price.

I bought a no-name 7 ft olympic bar and some cool looking cast iron grip plates from brand "x". Initial glance all looks OK and it's low price.

I start using the gear and instantly the problems show up:

Bar rattles big time - large clearances (radially & axially).
    Plates - big drips in paint, sharp, uneven and ragged casting lines in and around hand grip through hole. Did I mention that the center hole was round like an egg? Plates have a lot of clearance and angular movement on the sleeve.

Combo of sloppy bar and poor quality plates makes for noisy mess - flashy & trashy.

I decided to do research this time around, found bodybuilding.com and read a lot of posts. Checked out the articles and then around to a variety of local gyms. Over the past 6 months evolution occurred !

I upgraded, sold the brand "x" plates and started with the Ivanko OM 2.5, 5, 10 & 25 lbs classic deep lip plates. I bought mix of new (smaller plates) & used from Craigslist (larger plates).

Big Difference! Right away - machined center hole, tight tolerance, smooth corners - great fit on sleeve, minimal angular movement - quiet by design. All edges and corners smooth, easy on the hands. The paint, thin with even coverage. Ivanko plates may cost more, in my opinion they are worth it and a superior value.

notfamousyet
    Pics or it didn't happen!
    []---[] Ivanko Barbell Crew #29 []---[]
    []---[] York Barbell Club #59 []---[]
    []---[] Equipment Crew #48 []---[]
    l l---l l Rogue Barbell Club #3 l l---l l
    []---[] Mech6 Crew #9 []---[]

ICEcap2 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ICEcap2 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ICEcap2 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ICEcap2 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ICEcap2 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ICEcap2 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ICEcap2 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ICEcap2 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ICEcap2 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ICEcap2 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ICEcap2 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)

notfamousyet
    I agree. Also if you weight the brand X plates you will be surprised!

As for a bar, I have an Ivanko OBS-20, expensive but a great bar. Never need to worry about the finish going bad, just a little oil to the bushings 3 times a year. It looks like new except for the few dings I got from using some Quicklee collars on the bar and deadlifting Now I only use my Ivanko COX-C collars.

You can get a OBX-20 for less but have to keep it clean and oiled the performance would be the same.

BloodType3R has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BloodType3R has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BloodType3R has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BloodType3R has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BloodType3R has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BloodType3R has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BloodType3R has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BloodType3R has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BloodType3R has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BloodType3R has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BloodType3R has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by rlundregan View Post
    I recently went in with a friend on some O series 1.25's. They are on clearance, and you can only get them as a package of 10. THey come out to $4.50 per plate that way. That does seem expensive, but I bought some Cap 1.25's a couple of years ago from Bigger Faster Stronger. THey were $.99 per plate, but with shipping the cost of 4 plates was about $15. In that context, the O series isn't such a bad deal. Just go in with some friends so that each of you is only paying for what you need.
    Thanks for the suggestion.. You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to rlundregan again

I dunno, I only need 2 plates and I suppose I could use 4 (but really no more than that).. Don't know of anyone else that would want to get in on some of them so I might just go ahead and buy the pair through amazon...
    [̲̅$̲̅(̲̅ ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°̲̅)̲̅$̲̅] Equipment Crew #57 [̲̅$̲̅(̲̅ ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°̲̅)̲̅$̲̅]

[]──[] Ivanko Barbell Crew #26 []──[]

❍--❍ York Barbell Club #34 ❍--❍

☆☆☆ That On3 Cr3w That Has Too Much Pow3r Cr3w ☆☆☆

AttyGuy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AttyGuy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AttyGuy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AttyGuy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AttyGuy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AttyGuy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AttyGuy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AttyGuy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AttyGuy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AttyGuy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AttyGuy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by BloodType3R View Post
    Thanks for the suggestion.. You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to rlundregan again

I dunno, I only need 2 plates and I suppose I could use 4 (but really no more than that).. Don't know of anyone else that would want to get in on some of them so I might just go ahead and buy the pair through amazon...
    Don't do it. But all 10 from Ivanko. Keep what you need. Sell the rest on cl or eBay. Trust me on this one, brother.
    You need a good rack, a bench, and a 300-lb Olympic weight set. Now, what was your question?

My home gym: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=652376&p=1465291461&viewfull=1#post1465291461.

()---() York Barbell Club #1 (DD, RH, Kg) ()---() []---[] Equipment Crew #36 []---[] []---[] Ivanko Barbell Crew #51 []---[] [M]===[6] Mech6 Crew #29 [M]===[6] ~~ 4 Horsemen ~~

BloodType3R has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BloodType3R has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BloodType3R has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BloodType3R has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BloodType3R has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BloodType3R has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BloodType3R has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BloodType3R has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BloodType3R has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BloodType3R has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BloodType3R has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by AttyGuy View Post
    Don't do it. But all 10 from Ivanko. Keep what you need. Sell the rest on cl or eBay. Trust me on this one, brother.
    Not sure why that thought eluded me...

AttyGuy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AttyGuy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AttyGuy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AttyGuy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AttyGuy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AttyGuy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AttyGuy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AttyGuy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AttyGuy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AttyGuy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AttyGuy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Not sure why that thought eluded me...
    LOL. And remember me in your will, or if you decide to sell any of your York stuff.
    You need a good rack, a bench, and a 300-lb Olympic weight set. Now, what was your question?

My home gym: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=652376&p=1465291461&viewfull=1#post1465291461.

()---() York Barbell Club #1 (DD, RH, Kg) ()---() []---[] Equipment Crew #36 []---[] []---[] Ivanko Barbell Crew #51 []---[] [M]===[6] Mech6 Crew #29 [M]===[6] ~~ 4 Horsemen ~~

LOL. And remember me in your will, or if you decide to sell any of your York stuff.
    Indubitably.

Stasher1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Stasher1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Stasher1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Stasher1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Stasher1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Stasher1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Stasher1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Stasher1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Stasher1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Stasher1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Stasher1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)

You can fit several of them in a medium USPS flat-rate box and ship them anywhere in the country for about $13, so don't be afraid to buy what you need and sell off the rest. You can fit four 10lb plates in a medium box, so you ought to be able to cram six or eight 1.25's in there.
    "What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us." - Ralph Waldo Emerson

"An adult male weighs at least 200 pounds." - Mark Rippetoe

▪█──█▪ Equipment Crew #44 ▪█──█▪

||---|| Rogue Barbell Club #11 ||---||

The little ones will go in the $5 or $6 flat rate box. . . .

notfamousyet is on a distinguished road. (+10) notfamousyet is on a distinguished road. (+10) notfamousyet is on a distinguished road. (+10) notfamousyet is on a distinguished road. (+10) notfamousyet is on a distinguished road. (+10) notfamousyet is on a distinguished road. (+10) notfamousyet is on a distinguished road. (+10) notfamousyet is on a distinguished road. (+10) notfamousyet is on a distinguished road. (+10) notfamousyet is on a distinguished road. (+10) notfamousyet is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Wink

Originally Posted by rlundregan View Post
    Pics or it didn't happen!
    You'll have to imagine it for 48 more of my posts (!), as this is just my second! >:-0

[ I tried to post an image .. received the "not allowed to post images until 50 posts" msg ]

notfamousyet ..

dumb.bell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dumb.bell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dumb.bell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dumb.bell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dumb.bell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dumb.bell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dumb.bell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dumb.bell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dumb.bell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dumb.bell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dumb.bell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Congratulations!!
    ▪█─────█▪ Equipment Crew #39 ▪█─────█▪

▪█─────█▪ Ivanko Barbell Crew #2 ▪█─────█▪

▪[[[[────]]]]▪ York Barbell Club #93 (DD) ▪[[[[────]]]]▪

▪[M]====[6]▪ Mech6 Crew #10 ▪[M]====[6]▪

186lbs in Avatar

You'll have to imagine it for 48 more of my posts (!), as this is just my second! >:-0

[ I tried to post an image .. received the "not allowed to post images until 50 posts" msg ]

notfamousyet ..
    You can upload your pics as attatchments or feel free to send me an img link (in a pm) and I'll post it for you, if you'd like.
    Don't hold out on the iron pron.

morebarbell is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) morebarbell is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) morebarbell is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) morebarbell is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) morebarbell is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) morebarbell is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) morebarbell is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) morebarbell is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) morebarbell is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) morebarbell is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) morebarbell is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Just ordered Revolvers. Can't wait!
    []---[] Ivanko Barbell Crew #32 []---[] ()---() York Barbell Club #43 ()---() ▉---▉ Equipment Crew #50 ▉---▉

Originally Posted by morebarbell View Post

Jeebus, that's freakish. Worse than the black unitard wearing students from the unicycle competition school. . . .

Keetman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keetman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keetman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keetman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keetman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keetman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keetman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keetman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keetman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keetman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keetman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Jeebus, that's freakish. Worse than the black unitard wearing students from the unicycle competition school. . . .

Uh...no.

It isn't.
    ▪█─────█▪ Equipment Crew #4 ▪█─────█▪

Ivanko Crew #9
    York Barbell Crew #13

ajsat23 is just really nice. (+1000) ajsat23 is just really nice. (+1000) ajsat23 is just really nice. (+1000) ajsat23 is just really nice. (+1000) ajsat23 is just really nice. (+1000) ajsat23 is just really nice. (+1000) ajsat23 is just really nice. (+1000) ajsat23 is just really nice. (+1000) ajsat23 is just really nice. (+1000) ajsat23 is just really nice. (+1000) ajsat23 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by Keetman View Post
    Uh...no.

It isn't.
    agreed!

Stasher1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Stasher1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Stasher1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Stasher1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Stasher1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Stasher1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Stasher1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Stasher1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Stasher1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Stasher1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Stasher1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    That's they way I picture Sherm looking when he sees Home Depot.

Originally Posted by morebarbell View Post
    Sweet.
    "What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us." - Ralph Waldo Emerson

"An adult male weighs at least 200 pounds." - Mark Rippetoe

▪█──█▪ Equipment Crew #44 ▪█──█▪

||---|| Rogue Barbell Club #11 ||---||

That's funny... I didn't see that I was being recorded. Thank you guys!

Also,Tom is very kindly hooking me up with some of the Best plates to match the one that I found.

You can upload your pics as attatchments or feel free to send me an img link (in a pm) and I'll post it for you, if you'd like.
    Don't hold out on the iron pron.
    Ok - my Ivankos sitting on the weight tree .. mass at rest ..

Behind is ancient cd player + speakers to get the workout motivation music going.

notfamousyet
    Attached Images

Originally Posted by Keetman View Post
    Uh...no.

It isn't.
    Really?

Maybe you're right. But they're both disturbing.

rlundregan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rlundregan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rlundregan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rlundregan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rlundregan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rlundregan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rlundregan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rlundregan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rlundregan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rlundregan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rlundregan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Ok - my Ivankos sitting on the weight tree .. mass at rest ..

Behind is ancient cd player + speakers to get the workout motivation music going.

notfamousyet
    Looks great--repped!
    []---[] Ivanko Barbell Crew #29 []---[]
    []---[] York Barbell Club #59 []---[]
    []---[] Equipment Crew #48 []---[]
    l l---l l Rogue Barbell Club #3 l l---l l
    []---[] Mech6 Crew #9 []---[]

pumping4life is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) pumping4life is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) pumping4life is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) pumping4life is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) pumping4life is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) pumping4life is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) pumping4life is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) pumping4life is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) pumping4life is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) pumping4life is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) pumping4life is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Really?

Maybe you're right. But they're both disturbing.
    Man, I'll look at a happy toddler any day before old man booty.
    Last edited by pumping4life; 12-04-2012 at 06:06 PM.
    If God had wanted us to be weak, He wouldn't have given us iron.

[]---[] Equipment Crew #28 []---[]
    ()---() York Barbell Club #28 ()---()

ajsat23 is just really nice. (+1000) ajsat23 is just really nice. (+1000) ajsat23 is just really nice. (+1000) ajsat23 is just really nice. (+1000) ajsat23 is just really nice. (+1000) ajsat23 is just really nice. (+1000) ajsat23 is just really nice. (+1000) ajsat23 is just really nice. (+1000) ajsat23 is just really nice. (+1000) ajsat23 is just really nice. (+1000) ajsat23 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by pumping4life View Post

old or young, dont want to look at any man booty! lol

Keetman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keetman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keetman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keetman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keetman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keetman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keetman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keetman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keetman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keetman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keetman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by pumping4life View Post

....and yet you oddly quote Atty without removing the image, hmmmmmmmm.
    ▪█─────█▪ Equipment Crew #4 ▪█─────█▪

Ivanko Crew #9
    York Barbell Crew #13

I'm hoping this post will start a new page.

One more try.