Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    AIYAH has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Bodylastics vs. Gorilla Strength Resistance Bands

I was looking for some equipment that I could use at home to gain a bit of mass (nothing major) and came across Bodylastics. I was reading around and then came across someone claiming Gorilla Strength bands were better. I took a look at their website and saw that they offered more resistance for a much lower price.

gorillastrengthgear.com
    myworld.ebay.com/gorillastrengthllc
    bodylastics.com/ordercanada/

~ Bodylogics 254lbs ~
    - 78.86 + 12 shipping
    - 1 more door anchor (compared to regular Gorilla kit)
    - 2 more ankle attachments (compared to regular Gorilla kit)
    - includes a book
    - snap-resistant

Gorilla Strength
    218lbs - $50
    318lbs - $70
    - doesn't ship to Canada (at least their eBay store doesn't), but I can pick it up across the border if necessary
    - couldn't find much info or reviews on these

Any opinions on which one I should get?

KBKB has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) KBKB has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) KBKB has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) KBKB has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) KBKB has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) KBKB has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) KBKB has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) KBKB has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) KBKB has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) KBKB has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) KBKB has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    I haven't tried either of these products; I can't tell you which one to get.

I do use resistance cables (from Lifeline USA) for some of my training though and I can tell you that there's a limit to the amount of resistance that you can practically put into use. I'm not talking about limits to your own strength, but limits which are due to your own weight and the frictional properties between your shoes and the floor upon which you stand.

Let me give you an example.

Let's suppose that you wish to use resistance bands/cables to do rows. To set it up for doing rows, you use the door anchor provided and arrange the anchor point to be at chest height or somewhat above. Let's say you start off rowing 30lbs with each arm. That's 60lbs total and you likely weigh a good deal more than this. So, no problem yet. As you get stronger and increase the resistance, you'll find that it'll get harder and harder to walk backwards to a point where you can pull the bands to match your new found strength in your back. (Your feet may slip while trying to move back to a point at which you can begin your rows.) Also, as the resistance goes up, you'll need to lean back more and more in order to not get pulled off balance as you're doing rows. When the combined resistance of the two strands is about your bodyweight, you'll need to have the anchor point very high and you'll be very close to doing suspension training instead of resistance band training.

I'm not saying that resistance band training is worthless, but you should be aware of its limits.
    ▪█─────█▪ Equipment Crew #35
    -!!!---!!!- No Excuses Homemade Equipment Crew #14

miker84 is on a distinguished road. (+10) miker84 is on a distinguished road. (+10) miker84 is on a distinguished road. (+10) miker84 is on a distinguished road. (+10) miker84 is on a distinguished road. (+10) miker84 is on a distinguished road. (+10) miker84 is on a distinguished road. (+10) miker84 is on a distinguished road. (+10) miker84 is on a distinguished road. (+10) miker84 is on a distinguished road. (+10) miker84 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    The "pullback effect" is a huge limitation with resistance band training. I own the bodylastics and love them for what they are. I use them at the end of my workout days for high rep work. I would strongly recommend these bands to anyone who wanted to add this type of training to their workouts. I've never used Gorilla strength so I can't comment.

GoTeamVenture has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) GoTeamVenture has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) GoTeamVenture has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) GoTeamVenture has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) GoTeamVenture has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) GoTeamVenture has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) GoTeamVenture has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) GoTeamVenture has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) GoTeamVenture has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) GoTeamVenture has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) GoTeamVenture has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I have the Bodylastic stongman edition and I can not say enough good things about this product. My wife and added this system to our home gym and it has taken over as my favorite piece. the workouts you can do with the Bodylastics system are endless and the DVD is awesome.
    The bands are tough and claim to be anti-snap which from what I have seen they are.

check out the link in my sig for a few Bodylastics videos, the SPARTAN workout is a day in the gym.

I have never heard of Gorilla Strength bands and can not speak on their preformance.

Home gym 'til I die. ProtienandIron's Avatar
    ProtienandIron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ProtienandIron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ProtienandIron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ProtienandIron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ProtienandIron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ProtienandIron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ProtienandIron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ProtienandIron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ProtienandIron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ProtienandIron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ProtienandIron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I have personally never liked using bands, but they are good for accomodating resistance training with barbells, much the same as chains.

I have a lifeline power pushup 2 and that is a great piece of equipment, so the rest of there stuff is probably of equal quality.
    My training log:
    ---------------
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=153596291&p=1062453741#post1062453741

[]---[] Equipment Crew #43 []---[]
    -!!!---!!!- No Excuses Homemade Equipment Crew #1 -!!!---!!!-
    ()---() York Barbell Club #4 ()---()

AIYAH has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I asked Gorilla Strength if they shipped to Canada and they said they would have to charge more. I guess I'll play it safe and cough up the extra $30ish for Bodylastics!

lsiberian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) lsiberian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) lsiberian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) lsiberian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) lsiberian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) lsiberian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) lsiberian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) lsiberian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) lsiberian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) lsiberian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) lsiberian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I've use Bodylastics for the majority of my strength training. They are solid and whatever limitation you find with them can normally be worked around. Email Ashanti and he will help you get the most out of them. He and Blake actually do all their training with their own product and film a show using it on liveexercise.com. I am a much stronger person than I was. I realize it's unconventional, but the do work.

GSGear is on a distinguished road. (+10) GSGear is on a distinguished road. (+10) GSGear is on a distinguished road. (+10) GSGear is on a distinguished road. (+10) GSGear is on a distinguished road. (+10) GSGear is on a distinguished road. (+10) GSGear is on a distinguished road. (+10) GSGear is on a distinguished road. (+10) GSGear is on a distinguished road. (+10) GSGear is on a distinguished road. (+10) GSGear is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by AIYAH View Post
    I asked Gorilla Strength if they shipped to Canada and they said they would have to charge more. I guess I'll play it safe and cough up the extra $30ish for Bodylastics!
    The $69.99 Gorilla Strength Silverback Kit has more resistance (358lbs) than the $109.99 Bodylastics Mega Resistance Kit (312lbs). The kits have the same number of handles, same number of ankle straps, and the same number of door anchors.

Bodylastics has to charge more for their bands because they pay for empty endorsements from pro athletes. Gorilla Strengths supports athletes pushing themselfs to compete and try and make it to the top. They dont buy time from pro athletes to make empty endorsements.

GSGear is on a distinguished road. (+10) GSGear is on a distinguished road. (+10) GSGear is on a distinguished road. (+10) GSGear is on a distinguished road. (+10) GSGear is on a distinguished road. (+10) GSGear is on a distinguished road. (+10) GSGear is on a distinguished road. (+10) GSGear is on a distinguished road. (+10) GSGear is on a distinguished road. (+10) GSGear is on a distinguished road. (+10) GSGear is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by SESnut View Post
    thats not the only thing you get with bodylastics

the core of each band is a nylon rope, which means that if you snap a band, its not going to completely fly off and smack you in the face

the nylon core also limits the max you can stretch the band so theres less of a chance that youll snap it

and what the other guys said; unless you weigh close to 300 lbs, its going to be pretty hard to pull the bands at max resistance no matter how strong you are
    The nylon rope in the core of the bodylastics bands digs into the latex band material causing premature failure. The nylon core also stops the bands from stretching on some exercises that should be able to be done.

Just because you have 358lbs of resistance doesnt mean you have to do it all on one station. Gorilla Strength Bands give you way more resistance for your money than bodylastics. That means you have more resistance for each of the stations you set up.

You could pay MORE MONEY FOR LESS RESISTANCE (& a nylon cord) with Bodylastics, or get way more for your money with Gorilla Strength. Its an easy decision. Gorilla Strength are the best value.

biggestdave has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Just got my Gorilla Bands last month and I must say they are very nice and work great. First set of bands I have owned so I only have the gym to compare with but with these and few small items I can do all I want and better!

JeepNasty will become famous soon enough. (+50) JeepNasty will become famous soon enough. (+50) JeepNasty will become famous soon enough. (+50) JeepNasty will become famous soon enough. (+50) JeepNasty will become famous soon enough. (+50) JeepNasty will become famous soon enough. (+50) JeepNasty will become famous soon enough. (+50) JeepNasty will become famous soon enough. (+50) JeepNasty will become famous soon enough. (+50) JeepNasty will become famous soon enough. (+50) JeepNasty will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Gorilla bands.
    ***Wrangler JK Crew***
    ***Skoal Dippers Crew*** CEO

bodylastics is on a distinguished road. (+10) bodylastics is on a distinguished road. (+10) bodylastics is on a distinguished road. (+10) bodylastics is on a distinguished road. (+10) bodylastics is on a distinguished road. (+10) bodylastics is on a distinguished road. (+10) bodylastics is on a distinguished road. (+10) bodylastics is on a distinguished road. (+10) bodylastics is on a distinguished road. (+10) bodylastics is on a distinguished road. (+10) bodylastics is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by GSGear View Post
    The nylon rope in the core of the bodylastics bands digs into the latex band material causing premature failure. The nylon core also stops the bands from stretching on some exercises that should be able to be done.

Just because you have 358lbs of resistance doesnt mean you have to do it all on one station. Gorilla Strength Bands give you way more resistance for your money than bodylastics. That means you have more resistance for each of the stations you set up.

You could pay MORE MONEY FOR LESS RESISTANCE (& a nylon cord) with Bodylastics, or get way more for your money with Gorilla Strength. Its an easy decision. Gorilla Strength are the best value.

Bodylastics International does not believe in bad mouthing and fabricating information about other companies to try and drive business. Here are the facts:

1. Bodylastics bands usually have more latex and therefore create more resistance than other manufacturers. While other companies claim to create a certain amount of resistance, Bodylastics actually tests the elastics for the correct resistance level per bands

2. Bodylastics components are all top quality. We create the components that we would want for our workouts because we really use the product. For example, our handles are wider and stronger than the industry standard with solid Nylon inner cores, extra wide nylon webbing and welded heavy gauge O-rings. When you hold our handles they will feel like the handles that you would use with free motion machine or lifefitness machine from the gym.

3. The inner D.G.S. cord governor is there for a reason. It prevents the band from being overstretched and ABSOLUTELY does not harm the band in any way. We have had 90% less snaps since we created this component and offer over 1000 full length workouts with DGS at liveexercise.com. D.G.S. will NOT limit your workouts in any way.. Ultimately the product is better and safer for our customers, which is our number one concern.

Resistance bands are like any other product - you get what you pay for. Bodylastics bands are more expensive because they are the best quality and they cost us more to make. You will be shocked at the quality of this product when you take it out of the box, and that is our goal.

The bottom line: Gorilla strength looks like a quality product as well. If you are on the fence, we recommend that you order both systems and return the one that you do not want

Originally Posted by bodylastics View Post
    Bodylastics International does not believe in bad mouthing and fabricating information about other companies to try and drive business. Here are the facts:

1. Bodylastics bands usually have more latex and therefore create more resistance than other manufacturers. While other companies claim to create a certain amount of resistance, Bodylastics actually tests the elastics for the correct resistance level per bands

2. Bodylastics components are all top quality. We create the components that we would want for our workouts because we really use the product. For example, our handles are wider and stronger than the industry standard with solid Nylon inner cores, extra wide nylon webbing and welded heavy gauge O-rings. When you hold our handles they will feel like the handles that you would use with free motion machine or lifefitness machine from the gym.

3. The inner D.G.S. cord governor is there for a reason. It prevents the band from being overstretched and ABSOLUTELY does not harm the band in any way. We have had 90% less snaps since we created this component and offer over 1000 full length workouts with DGS at liveexercise.com. D.G.S. will NOT limit your workouts in any way.. Ultimately the product is better and safer for our customers, which is our number one concern.

Resistance bands are like any other product - you get what you pay for. Bodylastics bands are more expensive because they are the best quality and they cost us more to make. You will be shocked at the quality of this product when you take it out of the box, and that is our goal.

The bottom line: Gorilla strength looks like a quality product as well. If you are on the fence, we recommend that you order both systems and return the one that you do not want
    1) Gorilla Strength Bands offer more resistance per band than the bodylastics bands. Our orange offers more resistance than their orange, our black offers more resistance than their black, ect.... Thats not bad mouthing, thats just stating the facts.

2) Our handles also exceed the industry standard in both width and strength and use a solid nylon inner core. We have to make them that way in order for them to withstand the loads you can put on them with our bands. Our metal clips, welded metal o-rings, and nylon are duty rated for far above what any human could possibly load them with. The gym in town came and bought handles from us for their cable and lifefitness machines at the gym. Their metal handles had wore out from their metal to metal contact. Our handles are going strong.

3) We do not claim to have first hand knowledge of the DGS system that is offered by Bodylastics. I simply stated what our customers that retired their Bodylastics Systems and bought Gorilla Strength Systems have reported. They tell us the DGS system prevents some movements that would be able to be done using other bands from being done. Also they report that it digs into the inside of the band. Now Bodylastics does have workouts loaded on youtube that work with the DGS System. That is true, however how many people bring their laptop out on a run to the park for a workout? Resistance bands are made to be portable and used wherever you are at. You shouldnt have to tote around a laptop and wireless broadband system as well to find movements you can do with your bands. Resistance bands should be resistance bands with no other limitations or special "DGS" exercises that you have to do.

4) I object to the statement that "Bodylastics cost more because they are the best". Our customers would disagree with you on that. INCLUDING THE ONES THAT CAME TO US FROM BODYLASTICS. Our customers are "SHOCKED" at the quality of the bands with they take them out of the box.

5) We back our product up with a warranty that is better than the Bodylastics Warranty.

6) Bodylastics says that their "DGS" product is safer and that customer safety is their #1 concern. Well they have many thousands of kits out there without the "DGS" system, and I haven't heard about a product recall. If the "DGS" System is so much safer and customer safety is their #1 concern then they should be recalling all the kits they sold without "DGS" and issuing new kits with the "DGS" system.

7) The bottom line here is this. Gorilla Strength uses top quality materials & Bodylastics also uses top quality materials. There is no disputing that both companies are at the top tier of quality in resistance band systems. Gorilla Strength doesn't feel like its customers need a string in their band to tell them when they are overstretching their band. 4X the starting length is the rule of thumb and its easy to figure.

I agree 100% with bodylastics statement. If you are on the fence, buy kits of similar cost or resistance from both companies. Keep the one you like and send the other back. Works for us. It will be an easy one when you see what you get for your money with Gorilla Strength.
    Last edited by GSGear; 11-26-2012 at 03:05 PM.

bodylastics is on a distinguished road. (+10) bodylastics is on a distinguished road. (+10) bodylastics is on a distinguished road. (+10) bodylastics is on a distinguished road. (+10) bodylastics is on a distinguished road. (+10) bodylastics is on a distinguished road. (+10) bodylastics is on a distinguished road. (+10) bodylastics is on a distinguished road. (+10) bodylastics is on a distinguished road. (+10) bodylastics is on a distinguished road. (+10) bodylastics is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    1) Gorilla Strength Bands offer more resistance per band than the bodylastics bands. Our orange offers more resistance than their orange, our black offers more resistance than their black, ect.... Thats not bad mouthing, thats just stating the facts.

2) Our handles also exceed the industry standard in both width and strength and use a solid nylon inner core. We have to make them that way in order for them to withstand the loads you can put on them with our bands. Our metal clips, welded metal o-rings, and nylon are duty rated for far above what any human could possibly load them with. The gym in town came and bought handles from us for their cable and lifefitness machines at the gym. Their metal handles had wore out from their metal to metal contact. Our handles are going strong.

3) We do not claim to have first hand knowledge of the DGS system that is offered by Bodylastics. I simply stated what our customers that retired their Bodylastics Systems and bought Gorilla Strength Systems have reported. They tell us the DGS system prevents some movements that would be able to be done using other bands from being done. Also they report that it digs into the inside of the band. Now Bodylastics does have workouts loaded on youtube that work with the DGS System. That is true, however how many people bring their laptop out on a run to the park for a workout? Resistance bands are made to be portable and used wherever you are at. You shouldnt have to tote around a laptop and wireless broadband system as well to find movements you can do with your bands. Resistance bands should be resistance bands with no other limitations or special "DGS" exercises that you have to do.

4) I object to the statement that "Bodylastics cost more because they are the best". Our customers would disagree with you on that. INCLUDING THE ONES THAT CAME TO US FROM BODYLASTICS. Our customers are "SHOCKED" at the quality of the bands with they take them out of the box.

5) We back our product up with a warranty that is better than the Bodylastics Warranty.

6) Bodylastics says that their "DGS" product is safer and that customer safety is their #1 concern. Well they have many thousands of kits out there without the "DGS" system, and I haven't heard about a product recall. If the "DGS" System is so much safer and customer safety is their #1 concern then they should be recalling all the kits they sold without "DGS" and issuing new kits with the "DGS" system.

7) The bottom line here is this. Gorilla Strength uses top quality materials & Bodylastics also uses top quality materials. There is no disputing that both companies are at the top tier of quality in resistance band systems. Gorilla Strength doesn't feel like its customers need a string in their band to tell them when they are overstretching their band. 4X the starting length is the rule of thumb and its easy to figure.

I agree 100% with bodylastics statement. If you are on the fence, buy kits of similar cost or resistance from both companies. Keep the one you like and send the other back. Works for us. It will be an easy one when you see what you get for your money with Gorilla Strength.

Once again, Bodylastics International does not believe in bad mouthing and fabricating information about other companies to try and drive business. We would love to be drawn into this nonsense but not going to happen. Bodylastics has built a reputation on offering first class products and customer service. That is our mission and what we will continue to pursue. Buy both products, Judge for yourself and return the one you don't want. We wish you success with your workouts either way.

KBKB has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) KBKB has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) KBKB has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) KBKB has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) KBKB has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) KBKB has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) KBKB has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) KBKB has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) KBKB has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) KBKB has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) KBKB has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Once again, Bodylastics International does not believe in bad mouthing and fabricating information about other companies to try and drive business. We would love to be drawn into this nonsense but not going to happen. Bodylastics has built a reputation on offering first class products and customer service. That is our mission and what we will continue to pursue. Buy both products, Judge for yourself and return the one you don't want. We wish you success with your workouts either way.
    I'm impressed that you're taking the high road. Repped.
    ▪█─────█▪ Equipment Crew #35
    -!!!---!!!- No Excuses Homemade Equipment Crew #14

Registered you, sir. trimble006's Avatar
    trimble006 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) trimble006 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) trimble006 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) trimble006 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) trimble006 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) trimble006 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) trimble006 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) trimble006 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) trimble006 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) trimble006 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) trimble006 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)

PM me if you'd like to send me a sample of your product for me to test and write a review for this forum. If you'd both like to send me your product I will compare them fairly and in depth with pictures.
    ▪█─────█▪ Equipment Crew #54 ▪█─────█▪

-✘- Edmonton Oilers -✘-
    -✘- Toronto Blue Jays -✘-

usg9652 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

There will always be copycats who try to achieve success by these methods. As is the case with so many other things, the original is still the best. And Bodylastics is the original and the best.

morebarbell is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) morebarbell is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) morebarbell is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) morebarbell is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) morebarbell is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) morebarbell is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) morebarbell is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) morebarbell is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) morebarbell is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) morebarbell is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) morebarbell is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    It's been about 8 months since the OP but in case he's still looking for recommendations... I bought the Lifeline USA TNT and a few extra bands since a lot of the guys here recommended it. I bought it to use when I travel but I've started finishing my regular workouts with it. I've been happy with it. The included door attachment is great.
    []---[] Ivanko Barbell Crew #32 []---[] ()---() York Barbell Club #43 ()---() ▉---▉ Equipment Crew #50 ▉---▉

tdog12345 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    I am a gorilla strength customer and have been using gorilla strength gear bands since 2008 and they are still in great condition after 4000 uses, I bought the silver back kit and use it 4 times a week to bodybuild and never go to the gym. I am a very happy customer, these bands are top notch bands on the market, they offer a life time warranty and there cheaper then bodylastics and gorilla strength gear bands offer 716lbs of resistance for 119.99 that's 10x more then bodylastic system for there 119.99......beside these two company's fighting one another on here I have to say my experiences with gorilla strength over the years has been fantastic and still after 4000 uses i have not needed to replace my bands after 6 years of use and abuse there still like new bands.

I am a gorilla strength customer and have been using gorilla strength gear bands since 2008 and they are still in great condition after 4000 uses, I bought the silver back kit and use it 4 times a week to bodybuild and never go to the gym. I am a very happy customer, these bands are top notch bands on the market, they offer a life time warranty and there cheaper then bodylastics and gorilla strength gear bands offer 716lbs of resistance for 119.99 that's 10x more then bodylastic system for there 119.99......beside these two company's fighting one another on here I have to say my experiences with gorilla strength over the years has been fantastic and still after 4000 uses i have not needed to replace my bands after 6 years of use and abuse there still like new bands.

joegabo will become famous soon enough. (+50) joegabo will become famous soon enough. (+50) joegabo will become famous soon enough. (+50) joegabo will become famous soon enough. (+50) joegabo will become famous soon enough. (+50) joegabo will become famous soon enough. (+50) joegabo will become famous soon enough. (+50) joegabo will become famous soon enough. (+50) joegabo will become famous soon enough. (+50) joegabo will become famous soon enough. (+50) joegabo will become famous soon enough. (+50)

Thumbs up Good stuff!

Hehe I do not think that they were really fighting (or at least not in the way that I see fights, although I am not an overly sensitive type) and neither was truly belligerent about the other companies product, I see it more as a testament that both companies believe in their products and the commitment they have made to manufacture an quality product as I strongly doubt either company would release a product without significant testing. Lets face it tensile testing and quality control is really not hard/expensive to do. (they both took the middle road if you ask me)

Competition is healthy and drives industry forward. I think it is great that both felt like stating their opinions on their respective products as really that is what a forum is for, and due to the fact that the original post was a question of which is superior, obviously both believe to hold that distinction.
    Sure they would both love your business and to be honest I would be surprised if the majority of people were disappointed with either product.

Take care,
    Joe

daniel327 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) daniel327 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) daniel327 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) daniel327 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) daniel327 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) daniel327 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) daniel327 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) daniel327 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) daniel327 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) daniel327 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) daniel327 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by tdog12345 View Post
    I am a gorilla strength customer and have been using gorilla strength gear bands since 2008 ............................i have not needed to replace my bands after 6 years of use and abuse there still like new bands.
    Given that you posted this in 2012, I believe everything you have written. There is no hint of exaggeration whatsoever.

ndmike99 is a name known to all. (+5000) ndmike99 is a name known to all. (+5000) ndmike99 is a name known to all. (+5000) ndmike99 is a name known to all. (+5000) ndmike99 is a name known to all. (+5000) ndmike99 is a name known to all. (+5000) ndmike99 is a name known to all. (+5000) ndmike99 is a name known to all. (+5000) ndmike99 is a name known to all. (+5000) ndmike99 is a name known to all. (+5000) ndmike99 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by daniel327 View Post
    Given that you posted this in 2012, I believe everything you have written. There is no hint of exaggeration whatsoever.
    I was told there would be no math.

jtaliani is just really nice. (+1000) jtaliani is just really nice. (+1000) jtaliani is just really nice. (+1000) jtaliani is just really nice. (+1000) jtaliani is just really nice. (+1000) jtaliani is just really nice. (+1000) jtaliani is just really nice. (+1000) jtaliani is just really nice. (+1000) jtaliani is just really nice. (+1000) jtaliani is just really nice. (+1000) jtaliani is just really nice. (+1000)
    I have to give reps for that. That's just plain hilarious!

there is no exaggeration, I've had these bands for years and other 4000 uses there no BS here. I stand by gorilla strength, my bands are in like new condition I have never needed to replace them or file a warranty claim.

KalleA is just really nice. (+1000) KalleA is just really nice. (+1000) KalleA is just really nice. (+1000) KalleA is just really nice. (+1000) KalleA is just really nice. (+1000) KalleA is just really nice. (+1000) KalleA is just really nice. (+1000) KalleA is just really nice. (+1000) KalleA is just really nice. (+1000) KalleA is just really nice. (+1000) KalleA is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by tdog12345 View Post
    there is no exaggeration.
    So, please tell us: what's 2014 like?

Cheers

rlundregan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rlundregan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rlundregan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rlundregan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rlundregan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rlundregan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rlundregan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rlundregan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rlundregan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rlundregan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rlundregan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Perhaps his workouts are so challenging that it FEELS like he has had them for 6 years rather than 4!

No worries tdog, a lot of us are math challenged, including myself!

Reps to Daniel for catching the flaw in the logic!
    []---[] Ivanko Barbell Crew #29 []---[]
    []---[] York Barbell Club #59 []---[]
    []---[] Equipment Crew #48 []---[]
    l l---l l Rogue Barbell Club #3 l l---l l
    []---[] Mech6 Crew #9 []---[]

fried2112 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

resistance bands

Resistance bands are kind of awkward in ways.when you have to or need to use whole length you need to make sure you have enough room.I have one room in my house that i can barely use them at full length.There is no way you can do a bicep curl at full length unless you stand on a chair and have an anchor attached to the floor.You can double them up and it will work for you but the resistance might be more than you bargained for.Four feet is the average length,probably would be better at 2 feet.I bought these and thought they would be great,not to impressed.personally might put them on ebay
    Originally Posted by AIYAH View Post
    I was looking for some equipment that I could use at home to gain a bit of mass (nothing major) and came across Bodylastics. I was reading around and then came across someone claiming Gorilla Strength bands were better. I took a look at their website and saw that they offered more resistance for a much lower price.

gorillastrengthgear.com
    myworld.ebay.com/gorillastrengthllc
    bodylastics.com/ordercanada/

~ Bodylogics 254lbs ~
    - 78.86 + 12 shipping
    - 1 more door anchor (compared to regular Gorilla kit)
    - 2 more ankle attachments (compared to regular Gorilla kit)
    - includes a book
    - snap-resistant

Gorilla Strength
    218lbs - $50
    318lbs - $70
    - doesn't ship to Canada (at least their eBay store doesn't), but I can pick it up across the border if necessary
    - couldn't find much info or reviews on these

Any opinions on which one I should get?

Originally Posted by fried2112 View Post
    Resistance bands are kind of awkward in ways.when you have to or need to use whole length you need to make sure you have enough room.I have one room in my house that i can barely use them at full length.There is no way you can do a bicep curl at full length unless you stand on a chair and have an anchor attached to the floor.You can double them up and it will work for you but the resistance might be more than you bargained for.Four feet is the average length,probably would be better at 2 feet.I bought these and thought they would be great,not to impressed.personally might put them on ebay
    The issue you are having is not the bands themselves, but rather your methods. You should check out YouTube and get some workout ideas so you can get the feel of using the bands. For bicep curls you stand on the bands with with both feed. Any thing that is above the head you stand on the band with 1 foot or use the door anchor. The key to remember is dont stretch the band over 4 time the length you start with with you begin the movement. If you start with 1ft of band it can be stretched to 4ft in length. I am not sure of whose bands you bought, but I will be glad to point you in the right direction for using them.

Originally Posted by joegabo View Post
    Hehe I do not think that they were really fighting (or at least not in the way that I see fights, although I am not an overly sensitive type) and neither was truly belligerent about the other companies product, I see it more as a testament that both companies believe in their products and the commitment they have made to manufacture an quality product as I strongly doubt either company would release a product without significant testing. Lets face it tensile testing and quality control is really not hard/expensive to do. (they both took the middle road if you ask me)

Competition is healthy and drives industry forward. I think it is great that both felt like stating their opinions on their respective products as really that is what a forum is for, and due to the fact that the original post was a question of which is superior, obviously both believe to hold that distinction.
    Sure they would both love your business and to be honest I would be surprised if the majority of people were disappointed with either product.

Take care,
    Joe
    I agree with Joe. I dont believe there was a high road to take here. Both Gorilla Strength & Bodylastics have been respectful. I acknowledged that Bodylastics makes top tier bands too. We are competitors and competitors compete. That is what we are doing. We are competing for your orders.

I don't believe that a company can say they are the best because their equipment costs the most. We work hard to be the most efficient we can be and maintain a low overhead so we can deliver a great value to our customers. Most of our advertising is word of mouth, the rest is a few YouTube videos. We believe if you get our bands you will tell your friends about them and they will want them as well.

In the end, the best way for people on the fence to evaluate what we are saying is to buy kits of the same value or resistance from both companies. Keep the ones you want and return the others.