Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    GSGear is on a distinguished road. (+10) GSGear is on a distinguished road. (+10) GSGear is on a distinguished road. (+10) GSGear is on a distinguished road. (+10) GSGear is on a distinguished road. (+10) GSGear is on a distinguished road. (+10) GSGear is on a distinguished road. (+10) GSGear is on a distinguished road. (+10) GSGear is on a distinguished road. (+10) GSGear is on a distinguished road. (+10) GSGear is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by usg9652 View Post
    There will always be copycats who try to achieve success by these methods. As is the case with so many other things, the original is still the best. And Bodylastics is the original and the best.
    How many brands of tires are there? How many brands of computers? How about shirts? Eyeglasses? Protein? Vitamins? To call one company a copycat because they make the same type of product as another is not logical. Its called competition. I am glad you like your Bodylastics Bands, but when you call them the best are you making an informed decision? I have customers that have both brands, and they like ours. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion. Have a great day.

GSGear is on a distinguished road. (+10) GSGear is on a distinguished road. (+10) GSGear is on a distinguished road. (+10) GSGear is on a distinguished road. (+10) GSGear is on a distinguished road. (+10) GSGear is on a distinguished road. (+10) GSGear is on a distinguished road. (+10) GSGear is on a distinguished road. (+10) GSGear is on a distinguished road. (+10) GSGear is on a distinguished road. (+10) GSGear is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by bodylastics View Post
    Once again, Bodylastics International does not believe in bad mouthing and fabricating information about other companies to try and drive business. We would love to be drawn into this nonsense but not going to happen. Bodylastics has built a reputation on offering first class products and customer service. That is our mission and what we will continue to pursue. Buy both products, Judge for yourself and return the one you don't want. We wish you success with your workouts either way.
    If you think my posts are badmouthing you must be from a different part of the country than I am from. I responded you your statements and mentioned that we are both top tier companies. That's not badmouthing. I am not drawing you into anything and the only thing I am fabricating is a top quality product at a working mans price.

I think we can leave it to the consumers to decide. We both issued the same statement. Buy kits from both companies that are either the same price or the same resistance. Keep the one you want, return the one you dont.

EmperorNorton has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) EmperorNorton has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) EmperorNorton has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) EmperorNorton has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) EmperorNorton has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) EmperorNorton has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) EmperorNorton has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) EmperorNorton has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) EmperorNorton has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) EmperorNorton has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) EmperorNorton has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Bump.
    Trying to decide which bands to get.

I've noticed in some reviews, Gorilla Stength customers get different handles. Sometimes they'll be regular black handles and other times they'll be green plastic handles with black padding on them.

Originally Posted by EmperorNorton View Post
    Bump.
    Trying to decide which bands to get.

I've noticed in some reviews, Gorilla Stength customers get different handles. Sometimes they'll be regular black handles and other times they'll be green plastic handles with black padding on them.
    The black handles are our original handles. The green handles are our new handles. All kits now come with our green handles.

T4UFIT has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Gorilla Strength/Bodylastics

I'm a fitness pro (Personal Trainer/Fitness Boot Camp Instructor) and have not gotten to try the Gorilla Strength bands but do have both Lifeline and Bodylastics sets. I also have Slastix covered bands as well which I use w/ the boot camps I teach. For Boot Camps or Personal Training, the Slastix are the main bands I use because they are the safest bands on the market. This is especially important in the context that I use them because on the rare occasions that they might snap the elastic stays inside the sheathing. However for my at home workouts I use both the Bodylastics and Lifeline. If I had to choose between those the Bodylastics would win hands-down due to their versatility, user friendliness, and I feel they are safer than the Lifeline due to the DGS system.

I'm mentioning all of the above to illustrate that I have a lot of different products in the elastics realm.

Anyway, I'd be curious to try the Gorilla Strength bands to compare them to the Bodylastics in particular since they are similar setups.

Without actually trying them (meaning the Gorilla Strength bands) the two things that I think Bodylastics has in their favor are these:

1. Now this first one is a minor advantage, but just makes the Bodylastics a bit more user friendly. Having the Clips on the bands (rather than the handles which is how Gorilla strength has them) makes the Bodylastics much easier to use for things like "drop sets". If you're using the Gorilla bands you'd have to make sure you put the bands on in a specific order and remove them in that order where you don't need to do this w/ the Bodylastics bands since you can easily unclip the bands form the handles regardless of there they are placed. A minor item but still an advantage.

2. I think the DGS system is a HUGE advantage. I have used my Bodylastics bands for many years, several times per week, and they have shown zero sign of failure due to the DGS system (and I bought my bands pretty soon after the DGS system was introduced). If any elastic bands snap they can be extremely hazardous (which is why I use Slastix covered bands in my boot camps, for that extra layer of safety when we do things like partner squats-rows and the like). So to me the DGS system is a huge advantage over the Gorilla bands.

However, if one takes good care of their bands, doesn't over-stretch them, and does safety checks to inspect for tears or other damage, then certainly most good quality bands like Bodylastics, Gorilla Strength, or Lifeline, should be pretty safe.

Still, I did buy my College age son a set of Bodylastics recently to use to supplement his gym workouts and all things being equal, having the DGS as an extra safety feature was important to me!

Lastly, as mentioned in the beginning of this post, I would still be curious to try out the Gorilla Strength bands because my curiousity is aroused but I don't need them so I can't justify buying them just for the sake of curiousity. I'm sure they are a great product in spite of those advantages I mentioned that I feel are in favor of the Bodylastics bands.
    Last edited by T4UFIT; 05-08-2013 at 08:48 AM.

ksand87 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) ksand87 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) ksand87 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) ksand87 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) ksand87 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) ksand87 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) ksand87 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) ksand87 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) ksand87 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) ksand87 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) ksand87 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)

bodylastics better

This is an old thread so i will keep it short. I have had access both. Bodylastics is better quality and better customer service. Bodylastics is the original and the are alot more professional when they ship you your bands they come packaged nicely with a book. You even get background letter on the company, and info on the warranties and money back guaruntees. Gorilla bands just came tossed in a box no books, no info on company or warranties. The gorilla bands are cheaper for a reason. they are good quality bands and will work just as good as bodylastics but i like the professionalism of bodylastics as a company.
    Last edited by ksand87; 07-22-2013 at 12:56 PM.

daniel327 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) daniel327 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) daniel327 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) daniel327 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) daniel327 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) daniel327 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) daniel327 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) daniel327 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) daniel327 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) daniel327 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) daniel327 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by ksand87 View Post
    This is an old thread so i will keep it short. I have had access both. Bodylastics is better quality and better customer service. Bodylastics is the original and the are alot more professional when they ship you your bands they come packaged nicely with a book. You even get background letter on the company, and info on the warranties and money back guaruntees. Gorilla bands just came tossed in a box no books, no info on company or warranties. The gorilla bands are cheaper for a reason. they are good quality bands and will work just as good as bodylastics but i like the professionalism of bodylastics as a company.
    Strong first post. Where do you fit in the Bodylastics corporate structure?

vandons has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Are these pretty much the same length? Could you mix and match between brands?

Any thoughts on which company has the better handles? I've got fairly big hands.
    Last edited by vandons; 03-12-2014 at 07:31 PM.

Ru00045 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Ru00045 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Ru00045 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Ru00045 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Ru00045 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Ru00045 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Ru00045 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Ru00045 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Ru00045 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Ru00045 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Ru00045 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)

I have both

To answer your question; yes they are about the same length and you could get away with using them interchangeably. But bodylastics is a better company and their products are a little better. I wouldn't even have purchased the bodylastics and would have just used Gorilla Stregnth Band's warranty replacement but reaching them is extremely difficult.

Bodylastics accessories and handles are better quality and the customer service at Gorilla Stregth Bands isn't good. Bodylastic's bands also have the resistance amount on the end of the band. Gorilla Band's website either doesn't always allow your message to be just sent and must have just refreshed without ever sending a single message or they just completely ignored my messages. If you haven't gotten a hold of them you can email them directly at gorillastrength@gmail.com I know it took several attempts for me to finally get a reply. I originally messaged them through there site August 1st of this year then a week later but no message was ever sent or they ignored the messages I sent. I switched devices tried again and even went as far as sending a message through eBay where I originally bought the bands back in 2010 but still nothing back. They no longer sell through eBay as none of their products were there but they still use the site based on the feedback other sellers have left them. I then re-messaged them through their site and finally got a response. They claimed they never got any other messages I sent. They requested pictures which I was happy to send and asked how I used my bands. I didn't hear back from them after four days so I followed up with another email. I then heard back from them two days after my follow up. In my reply I showed multiple pics of the broken bands and included the setup I used with my bodylastics. They basically asked me for more pics because they said they knew I had multiple bands and said they didn't find any order accossiated with my email but admitted to only looking as far back as 01/2013. I wouldn't have bothered ordering those other bands had I been able to contact them sooner and spent over a month trying to reach them. Plus the competitor's bands literally have the resistance weight on the band so I don't know how they got them confused.

The company (or some guy selling bands out of his basement) will tell you you're using the bands the wrong way and the reason for the failure is alway your fault but it has nothing to do with a product failing after 5 years of constant use. They will only replace completely broken bands and won't replace bands with obvious signs that suggest breaking is eminent. Yeah that's right you'll have to risk a band snapping in your eye before they'll replace your bands but if they do break remember it's your fault. Btw bodylastics specifically designs their bands in a manor so in the unlikely event a band does break it won't shot across the room or at you. Gorilla Bands also charge $4.99 PER band being replaced for "shipping and handling" which they should be charged only one time every time the lifetime warranty is used not once per band being replaced. They're really not paying that much more if anything in shipping as they'll send my bands together in one package.

They did offer to replace the bands I have where breakage is eminent for $12.50 each and wouldn't charge me shipping if I ordered them at the same time as the warranty replacements. A little patronizing I think considering I'm already paying $10 for shipping and handling for single package carrying two bands which weigh almost nothing. Now throwing on $25 on top of that brings up the total to $35. Now the kit I ordered was the silverback kit which includes a bag, two door anchors, four handles, four leg attachments, and seven bands and sells for $79.99 with free shipping. That's nowhere near a fair deal considering two bands are completely broken and are part of the warranty replacements but yet I'm paying near half the cost of the kit and getting near half the cost of the kit. I understand they have to run a business but I'm using your warranty this is not an opportunity for you to charge me the same as you would had I ordered part of the kit.

I'm just going to pay the $9.98 for the two completely broken bands and wait till the other bands completely fail before reusing the warranty. I am very dissatisfied and trying to use this lifetime warranty is more of a headache then what it's worth. I am still waiting for them to get back to me regarding the second set of photos I had to send them. Right now I have more pics of broken gorilla bands on my phone then anyone should have.

KBKB has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) KBKB has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) KBKB has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) KBKB has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) KBKB has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) KBKB has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) KBKB has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) KBKB has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) KBKB has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) KBKB has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) KBKB has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Originally Posted by Ru00045 View Post
    Btw bodylastics specifically designs their bands in a manor so in the unlikely event a band does break it won't shot across the room or at you.
    I would not have guessed that Bodylastics designed their bands in a large country house of a landed estate, i.e, a manor. But, even supposing that they did, why would such bands be safer?

▪█─────█▪ Equipment Crew #35
    -!!!---!!!- No Excuses Homemade Equipment Crew #14

openmike48 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) openmike48 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) openmike48 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) openmike48 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) openmike48 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) openmike48 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) openmike48 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) openmike48 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) openmike48 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) openmike48 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) openmike48 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by bodylastics View Post
    Once again, Bodylastics International does not believe in bad mouthing and fabricating information about other companies to try and drive business. We would love to be drawn into this nonsense but not going to happen. Bodylastics has built a reputation on offering first class products and customer service. That is our mission and what we will continue to pursue. Buy both products, Judge for yourself and return the one you don't want. We wish you success with your workouts either way.
    I was looking for a product and I am going Bodyelastics simply from the way in which you responded to the queries.. Repped.