Bodybuilding.com Information Motivation Supplementation
in:

The World’s #1 Bodybuilding And Fitness Forum - Save Up To 50% Off Retail Prices In Our Bodybuilding.com Store!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Stats: 5'9", 183 lbs
    GSGear is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) GSGear is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) GSGear is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) GSGear is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) GSGear is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) GSGear is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) GSGear is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) GSGear is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) GSGear is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) GSGear is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) GSGear is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank)
    Visit GSGear's BodySpace
    Originally Posted by joegabo View Post
    Hehe I do not think that they were really fighting (or at least not in the way that I see fights, although I am not an overly sensitive type) and neither was truly belligerent about the other companies product, I see it more as a testament that both companies believe in their products and the commitment they have made to manufacture an quality product as I strongly doubt either company would release a product without significant testing. Lets face it tensile testing and quality control is really not hard/expensive to do. (they both took the middle road if you ask me)

Competition is healthy and drives industry forward. I think it is great that both felt like stating their opinions on their respective products as really that is what a forum is for, and due to the fact that the original post was a question of which is superior, obviously both believe to hold that distinction.
    Sure they would both love your business and to be honest I would be surprised if the majority of people were disappointed with either product.

Take care,
    Joe
    I agree with Joe. I dont believe there was a high road to take here. Both Gorilla Strength & Bodylastics have been respectful. I acknowledged that Bodylastics makes top tier bands too. We are competitors and competitors compete. That is what we are doing. We are competing for your orders.

I don't believe that a company can say they are the best because their equipment costs the most. We work hard to be the most efficient we can be and maintain a low overhead so we can deliver a great value to our customers. Most of our advertising is word of mouth, the rest is a few YouTube videos. We believe if you get our bands you will tell your friends about them and they will want them as well.

In the end, the best way for people on the fence to evaluate what we are saying is to buy kits of the same value or resistance from both companies. Keep the ones you want and return the others.

GSGear is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) GSGear is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) GSGear is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) GSGear is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) GSGear is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) GSGear is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) GSGear is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) GSGear is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) GSGear is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) GSGear is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) GSGear is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank)
    Visit GSGear's BodySpace
    Originally Posted by usg9652 View Post
    There will always be copycats who try to achieve success by these methods. As is the case with so many other things, the original is still the best. And Bodylastics is the original and the best.
    How many brands of tires are there? How many brands of computers? How about shirts? Eyeglasses? Protein? Vitamins? To call one company a copycat because they make the same type of product as another is not logical. Its called competition. I am glad you like your Bodylastics Bands, but when you call them the best are you making an informed decision? I have customers that have both brands, and they like ours. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion. Have a great day.

Visit GSGear's BodySpace
    Originally Posted by bodylastics View Post
    Once again, Bodylastics International does not believe in bad mouthing and fabricating information about other companies to try and drive business. We would love to be drawn into this nonsense but not going to happen. Bodylastics has built a reputation on offering first class products and customer service. That is our mission and what we will continue to pursue. Buy both products, Judge for yourself and return the one you don't want. We wish you success with your workouts either way.
    If you think my posts are badmouthing you must be from a different part of the country than I am from. I responded you your statements and mentioned that we are both top tier companies. That's not badmouthing. I am not drawing you into anything and the only thing I am fabricating is a top quality product at a working mans price.

I think we can leave it to the consumers to decide. We both issued the same statement. Buy kits from both companies that are either the same price or the same resistance. Keep the one you want, return the one you dont.

EmperorNorton is a name known to all. (+5000) EmperorNorton is a name known to all. (+5000) EmperorNorton is a name known to all. (+5000) EmperorNorton is a name known to all. (+5000) EmperorNorton is a name known to all. (+5000) EmperorNorton is a name known to all. (+5000) EmperorNorton is a name known to all. (+5000) EmperorNorton is a name known to all. (+5000) EmperorNorton is a name known to all. (+5000) EmperorNorton is a name known to all. (+5000) EmperorNorton is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Bump.
    Trying to decide which bands to get.

I've noticed in some reviews, Gorilla Stength customers get different handles. Sometimes they'll be regular black handles and other times they'll be green plastic handles with black padding on them.

Visit GSGear's BodySpace
    Originally Posted by EmperorNorton View Post
    Bump.
    Trying to decide which bands to get.

I've noticed in some reviews, Gorilla Stength customers get different handles. Sometimes they'll be regular black handles and other times they'll be green plastic handles with black padding on them.
    The black handles are our original handles. The green handles are our new handles. All kits now come with our green handles.

T4UFIT is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Gorilla Strength/Bodylastics

I'm a fitness pro (Personal Trainer/Fitness Boot Camp Instructor) and have not gotten to try the Gorilla Strength bands but do have both Lifeline and Bodylastics sets. I also have Slastix covered bands as well which I use w/ the boot camps I teach. For Boot Camps or Personal Training, the Slastix are the main bands I use because they are the safest bands on the market. This is especially important in the context that I use them because on the rare occasions that they might snap the elastic stays inside the sheathing. However for my at home workouts I use both the Bodylastics and Lifeline. If I had to choose between those the Bodylastics would win hands-down due to their versatility, user friendliness, and I feel they are safer than the Lifeline due to the DGS system.

I'm mentioning all of the above to illustrate that I have a lot of different products in the elastics realm.

Anyway, I'd be curious to try the Gorilla Strength bands to compare them to the Bodylastics in particular since they are similar setups.

Without actually trying them (meaning the Gorilla Strength bands) the two things that I think Bodylastics has in their favor are these:

1. Now this first one is a minor advantage, but just makes the Bodylastics a bit more user friendly. Having the Clips on the bands (rather than the handles which is how Gorilla strength has them) makes the Bodylastics much easier to use for things like "drop sets". If you're using the Gorilla bands you'd have to make sure you put the bands on in a specific order and remove them in that order where you don't need to do this w/ the Bodylastics bands since you can easily unclip the bands form the handles regardless of there they are placed. A minor item but still an advantage.

2. I think the DGS system is a HUGE advantage. I have used my Bodylastics bands for many years, several times per week, and they have shown zero sign of failure due to the DGS system (and I bought my bands pretty soon after the DGS system was introduced). If any elastic bands snap they can be extremely hazardous (which is why I use Slastix covered bands in my boot camps, for that extra layer of safety when we do things like partner squats-rows and the like). So to me the DGS system is a huge advantage over the Gorilla bands.

However, if one takes good care of their bands, doesn't over-stretch them, and does safety checks to inspect for tears or other damage, then certainly most good quality bands like Bodylastics, Gorilla Strength, or Lifeline, should be pretty safe.

Still, I did buy my College age son a set of Bodylastics recently to use to supplement his gym workouts and all things being equal, having the DGS as an extra safety feature was important to me!

Lastly, as mentioned in the beginning of this post, I would still be curious to try out the Gorilla Strength bands because my curiousity is aroused but I don't need them so I can't justify buying them just for the sake of curiousity. I'm sure they are a great product in spite of those advantages I mentioned that I feel are in favor of the Bodylastics bands.
    Last edited by T4UFIT; 05-08-2013 at 08:48 AM.

Stats: 6'0", 192 lbs
    ksand87 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) ksand87 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) ksand87 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) ksand87 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) ksand87 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) ksand87 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) ksand87 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) ksand87 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) ksand87 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) ksand87 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) ksand87 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank)
    Visit ksand87's BodySpace

bodylastics better

This is an old thread so i will keep it short. I have had access both. Bodylastics is better quality and better customer service. Bodylastics is the original and the are alot more professional when they ship you your bands they come packaged nicely with a book. You even get background letter on the company, and info on the warranties and money back guaruntees. Gorilla bands just came tossed in a box no books, no info on company or warranties. The gorilla bands are cheaper for a reason. they are good quality bands and will work just as good as bodylastics but i like the professionalism of bodylastics as a company.
    Last edited by ksand87; 07-22-2013 at 12:56 PM.

Stats: 5'11"
    daniel327 has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) daniel327 has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) daniel327 has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) daniel327 has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) daniel327 has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) daniel327 has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) daniel327 has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) daniel327 has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) daniel327 has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) daniel327 has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) daniel327 has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000)
    Visit daniel327's BodySpace
    Originally Posted by ksand87 View Post
    This is an old thread so i will keep it short. I have had access both. Bodylastics is better quality and better customer service. Bodylastics is the original and the are alot more professional when they ship you your bands they come packaged nicely with a book. You even get background letter on the company, and info on the warranties and money back guaruntees. Gorilla bands just came tossed in a box no books, no info on company or warranties. The gorilla bands are cheaper for a reason. they are good quality bands and will work just as good as bodylastics but i like the professionalism of bodylastics as a company.
    Strong first post. Where do you fit in the Bodylastics corporate structure?
    ()---() York Barbell Club #6 ()---()
    []---[]Equipment Crew Member No.41[]---[]

I'm trying to see things from your point of view, but I just can't get my head that far up your a$$.

A recent survey found that 1 in 3 women are just a stupid as the other 2.

vandons is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Visit vandons's BodySpace
    Are these pretty much the same length? Could you mix and match between brands?

Any thoughts on which company has the better handles? I've got fairly big hands.
    Last edited by vandons; 03-12-2014 at 07:31 PM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2