Thundorn has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Thundorn has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Thundorn has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Thundorn has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Thundorn has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Question The fried food wall urgh

Hey guys. Just thought i'd make a post. Until 3 days ago i was happily on a lean diet of carbs, protein and low fat and maintaining 12% quite happily.
    I decided to go keto for a few weeks just to kick my metabolism up the arse and lose a few more lb of fat to get my bfp below 10%.

So its the end of day 3 and rather unfortunately i timed my journey into ketosis at the same time as i was coming down with a nasty cold. Its defeinitely a cold and not "Keto flu" because the symptoms were satrting before i changed diet.

I currently weight in at about 205 and so to shed the 3-5 % i want to shift, i need to lose between 6-10lb of fat, so not a huge problem on keto if peoples claims here are anything to go by.

The only veg im eating are mushrooms and brocolli, and im cooking everything in butter with cheese and mayo all over it.

My workouts have been about as productive as normal (i know that going into ketosis might effect it a bit at first but so far so good, apart from almost passing out doing deadlifts today)

loving the protein shakes made with double cream rather than skim milk, in fact ill miss them when i go back to my carb meal plan.

The only negative thing i have to say so far is that I've hit what i'm going to call the fried food wall.

Ive had no real negative effects from the keto change so far, no headaches or nausea. The only crumby feeling i've had, i've put down to the cold.

anyway back to the fried food wall.

this evening i literally had to force my dinner down. I had fried gammon steak, fried hotdogs, fried eggs and steamed brocolli. all covered with cheese and mayo. I didn't feel sick per-se but definitely sick of the taste of cheese and butter on everything.

Anyone else suffered from this or am i just a freak?

Brakh is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Brakh is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Brakh is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Brakh is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Brakh is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Brakh is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Brakh is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Brakh is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Brakh is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Brakh is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Brakh is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    I've had the feeling of not being hungry at all. Which is why, now, I just eat 2-3 large meals a day to meet my macros. You can always check out the keto recipes, great way to change things up and add some flavor!
    My sponsored MuscleTech Supplement Log for Amino Build & Hydroxycut Hardcore Elite: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=154669443

Thundorn has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Thundorn has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Thundorn has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Thundorn has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Thundorn has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    good idea. Its entirely possible that i'm actually just not hungry and because i know i have to keep my fat intake up to stay in ketosis im force feeding myself which is why i'm sick of the taste. I know it CAN take people much longer to go into ketosis, but working out speeds up the process, since i havent eaten anything with carbs in it since wednesday afternoon, im guessing im in ketosis by now. Cant tell of my breath or pee smell, or there is a metallic taste in my mouth as the cold is pretty servere and my sense of taste and smell are impaired. typical haha

cheers for the advice, i'll take a look

Atavis is a name known to all. (+5000) Atavis is a name known to all. (+5000) Atavis is a name known to all. (+5000) Atavis is a name known to all. (+5000) Atavis is a name known to all. (+5000) Atavis is a name known to all. (+5000) Atavis is a name known to all. (+5000) Atavis is a name known to all. (+5000) Atavis is a name known to all. (+5000) Atavis is a name known to all. (+5000) Atavis is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Try not frying...
    "Arterial plaque is primarily composed of unsaturated fats particularly polyunsaturated ones." (Felton, C V, et al, Lancet, 1994, 344:1195)

How to bulk: http://70sbig.com/food/

Diet = http://i52.tinypic.com/21bhop.png
    ...or something like this daily. Problem? ;)

FFMI = 24

Blackjack68 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Blackjack68 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Blackjack68 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Blackjack68 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Blackjack68 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Blackjack68 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Blackjack68 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Blackjack68 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Blackjack68 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Blackjack68 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Blackjack68 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    You shouldn't need to "force the fats" to maintain keto. As long as you don't try to go "low fat", you'll be fine. There's plenty to eat without frying anything too.