inmylife has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) inmylife has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) inmylife has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) inmylife has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

bioscience or truth?

Post work out shakes.... First are they needed since meal timing does not matter? If they are needed do they need a simple sugar like Gatorade to help drive the nutrients into the muscle? If it doesn’t matter then is it bioscience to use whey protein versus any other type since speed of the protein doesn’t matter? Lastly what’s the deal with soy harmful or healthy?

MCrow is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MCrow is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MCrow is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MCrow is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MCrow is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MCrow is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MCrow is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MCrow is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MCrow is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MCrow is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MCrow is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by inmylife View Post
    Post work out shakes.... First are they needed since meal timing does not matter? If they are needed do they need a simple sugar like Gatorade to help drive the nutrients into the muscle? If it doesn’t matter then is it bioscience to use whey protein versus any other type since speed of the protein doesn’t matter? Lastly what’s the deal with soy harmful or healthy?
    It's mostly broscience. There may be a small benefit to taking post workout shake but not really enough that it's worth worrying about. If you do use a post workout shake it's best to have a mix of carbs and protein, choco milk is pretty good for this purpose.

You probably wont notice any difference.
    Vikings--Wolves-Gophers
    ***United----MNUFC***
    *****Celiac Bruh*****

Thagomizer is on a distinguished road. (+10) Thagomizer is on a distinguished road. (+10) Thagomizer is on a distinguished road. (+10) Thagomizer is on a distinguished road. (+10) Thagomizer is on a distinguished road. (+10) Thagomizer is on a distinguished road. (+10) Thagomizer is on a distinguished road. (+10) Thagomizer is on a distinguished road. (+10) Thagomizer is on a distinguished road. (+10) Thagomizer is on a distinguished road. (+10) Thagomizer is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    I used whey for the first time after I had dropped to 13-14% bf from 30+%. I currently dont use whey. I eat a protein bar or down some cottage cheese.

So answer to your questions is: First are they needed since meal timing does not matter? no they are not, any protein will do as long as you are eating your daily protein.

If they are needed do they need a simple sugar like Gatorade to help drive the nutrients into the muscle? Well I had results without so it might help but it definitely isnt necessary.

If it doesn’t matter then is it bioscience to use whey protein versus any other type since speed of the protein doesn’t matter? I guess

Lastly what’s the deal with soy harmful or healthy? Dont like it or use it so wouldnt know. Im sure it hasnt made anyone drop dead though.

Protein whey may help or amplify your results. But they are not necessary dude. Hope that helped.

msm00b is a name known to all. (+5000) msm00b is a name known to all. (+5000) msm00b is a name known to all. (+5000) msm00b is a name known to all. (+5000) msm00b is a name known to all. (+5000) msm00b is a name known to all. (+5000) msm00b is a name known to all. (+5000) msm00b is a name known to all. (+5000) msm00b is a name known to all. (+5000) msm00b is a name known to all. (+5000) msm00b is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Mostly broscience.

PWO shakes can be a convenient go-to source for easy protein, but they certainly aren't required.

mpipes will become famous soon enough. (+50) mpipes will become famous soon enough. (+50) mpipes will become famous soon enough. (+50) mpipes will become famous soon enough. (+50) mpipes will become famous soon enough. (+50) mpipes will become famous soon enough. (+50) mpipes will become famous soon enough. (+50) mpipes will become famous soon enough. (+50) mpipes will become famous soon enough. (+50) mpipes will become famous soon enough. (+50) mpipes will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    There is a benefit to protein after a workout, but you don't have to get it from a shake.

Also, after a workout you're more insulin sensitive, and protein does a good job at spiking insulin on its own, so you don't need carb intake to shuttle nutrients into muscle cells. Now, if you would *like* to have some carbs, say like chocolate milk because it's awesome, after a workout is a good time to have it, especially when dieting *because* the nutrients will be preferentially shuttled to muscle for replenishment.

Spanishdream is a name known to all. (+5000) Spanishdream is a name known to all. (+5000) Spanishdream is a name known to all. (+5000) Spanishdream is a name known to all. (+5000) Spanishdream is a name known to all. (+5000) Spanishdream is a name known to all. (+5000) Spanishdream is a name known to all. (+5000) Spanishdream is a name known to all. (+5000) Spanishdream is a name known to all. (+5000) Spanishdream is a name known to all. (+5000) Spanishdream is a name known to all. (+5000)
    There was a study, which I can't seem to find anymore damn it, which showed a slight benefit to getting a post workout shake but the difference was minuscule that you wouldn't notice it.
    Currently cutting.

snorkelman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) snorkelman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) snorkelman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) snorkelman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) snorkelman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) snorkelman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) snorkelman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) snorkelman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) snorkelman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) snorkelman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) snorkelman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Originally Posted by Spanishdream View Post
    There was a study, which I can't seem to find anymore damn it, which showed a slight benefit to getting a post workout shake but the difference was minuscule that you wouldn't notice it.
    Most of the nutrient timing studies are done on subjects who are in a fasted (12+ hours) state. Not many people train that way, and certainly not many athletes compete in such a manner.

Anyone who trains in a fed state will be in a much different situation regarding the possible benefits of post workout nutrition and nutrient timing.

skelooth is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) skelooth is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) skelooth is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) skelooth is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) skelooth is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) skelooth is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) skelooth is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) skelooth is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) skelooth is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) skelooth is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) skelooth is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    WTF. I leave this board for 2 years, and come back to find out that PWO shakes are old school??? WHHHHHHHAAAA??? Are you guys for real?
    I've gained and lost over 100lbs more times than any man alive should. Do as I say and not as I do.

MCrow is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MCrow is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MCrow is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MCrow is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MCrow is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MCrow is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MCrow is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MCrow is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MCrow is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MCrow is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MCrow is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by skelooth View Post
    WTF. I leave this board for 2 years, and come back to find out that PWO shakes are old school??? WHHHHHHHAAAA??? Are you guys for real?
    Yes, the days of downing a shake as soon as you're done lifting are over.
    Vikings--Wolves-Gophers
    ***United----MNUFC***
    *****Celiac Bruh*****

skelooth is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) skelooth is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) skelooth is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) skelooth is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) skelooth is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) skelooth is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) skelooth is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) skelooth is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) skelooth is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) skelooth is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) skelooth is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo that sucks. I can't handle all this change. I'm still taking a PWO shake anyway, I have 15lbs of whey and some BCAAs, I'm not turning back now.
    I've gained and lost over 100lbs more times than any man alive should. Do as I say and not as I do.

Originally Posted by skelooth View Post
    nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo that sucks. I can't handle all this change. I'm still taking a PWO shake anyway, I have 15lbs of whey and some BCAAs, I'm not turning back now.
    Nothing wrong with taking PWO shake, the reason for doing it has just changed. We used to think it was to maximize the anabolic window, now we just do it because it's habit. lol.
    Vikings--Wolves-Gophers
    ***United----MNUFC***
    *****Celiac Bruh*****

csb5731 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) csb5731 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) csb5731 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) csb5731 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) csb5731 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) csb5731 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) csb5731 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) csb5731 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) csb5731 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) csb5731 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) csb5731 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Between late 2010 and the late 2011 I went through 2-25 lb bags of whey and almost 10 lbs of dextrose. PW was generally 30-50 g whey and (if I wasn't cutting) 50 g dextrose. I tapered off of the dextrose then, when I finally ran out of whey, I stopped pwo shakes altogether. The only thing I noticed was I can eat a significantly larger volume of food and stay within the same calorie range. No change in energy, recover, or rate of discernible gains (slow for me whether or not I had the shake). I eat more chicken and potatoes now.