Closed Thread
Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast
    LedZep has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) LedZep has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) LedZep has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) LedZep has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) LedZep has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) LedZep has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) LedZep has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) LedZep has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) LedZep has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) LedZep has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) LedZep has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    200$ for unlimited classes is good you have a coach to ask as many questions as you want and to help you with nutrition and technique. People pay 50+ per hour at globos
    eat big, lift big, sleep big, think big, be big.

flatiron will become famous soon enough. (+50) flatiron will become famous soon enough. (+50) flatiron will become famous soon enough. (+50) flatiron will become famous soon enough. (+50) flatiron will become famous soon enough. (+50) flatiron will become famous soon enough. (+50) flatiron will become famous soon enough. (+50) flatiron will become famous soon enough. (+50) flatiron will become famous soon enough. (+50) flatiron will become famous soon enough. (+50) flatiron will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by LedZep View Post
    The attitude is similar to the attitude expressed from body builders in the previous 7 pages of this thread
    Well, this forum is hosted by bodybuilding.com. What do you expect?
    I am not female.
    My journal - http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=146334033

Registered User HairyScandinavian's Avatar
    HairyScandinavian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HairyScandinavian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HairyScandinavian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HairyScandinavian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HairyScandinavian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HairyScandinavian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HairyScandinavian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HairyScandinavian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HairyScandinavian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HairyScandinavian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HairyScandinavian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    200$ for unlimited classes is good you have a coach to ask as many questions as you want and to help you with nutrition and technique. People pay 50+ per hour at globos
    How many questions could a person possibly ask? LOL
    /looks at main forums
    Nevermind don't answer that.

LedZep has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) LedZep has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) LedZep has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) LedZep has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) LedZep has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) LedZep has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) LedZep has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) LedZep has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) LedZep has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) LedZep has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) LedZep has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by HairyScandinavian View Post
    How many questions could a person possibly ask? LOL
    /looks at main forums
    Nevermind don't answer that.
    Form is something that can always be improved on along with nutrition, rehabilitation. Were not sitting on a machine that is on a single track isolating one muscle mindlessly going through the motions.

HairyScandinavian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HairyScandinavian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HairyScandinavian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HairyScandinavian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HairyScandinavian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HairyScandinavian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HairyScandinavian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HairyScandinavian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HairyScandinavian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HairyScandinavian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HairyScandinavian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Form is something that can always be improved on along with nutrition, rehabilitation. Were not sitting on a machine that is on a single track isolating one muscle mindlessly going through the motions.
    Nobody in the ov35 uses machines either.

ajsat23 is just really nice. (+1000) ajsat23 is just really nice. (+1000) ajsat23 is just really nice. (+1000) ajsat23 is just really nice. (+1000) ajsat23 is just really nice. (+1000) ajsat23 is just really nice. (+1000) ajsat23 is just really nice. (+1000) ajsat23 is just really nice. (+1000) ajsat23 is just really nice. (+1000) ajsat23 is just really nice. (+1000) ajsat23 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Yeah, that would be $50/class. I dunno what people are thinking paying that much.
    Yeah I looked up the prices here in San Antonio and figured that at those prices I would be better off buying a rack, 300lb weight set, and a bench!

Originally Posted by ajsat23 View Post
    Yeah I looked up the prices here in San Antonio and figured that at those prices I would be better off buying a rack, 300lb weight set, and a bench!
    I thought Gold's was expensive at $32/mo. Hell if I have questions I've got bb.com and I'll go fishing with the $168 per month savings.

Is golds the one were if people over exert themselves and let out a small grunt alarms and lights go off? Or were kids are standing looking in the mirror seeing how nice and swole theyre abs are getting?

Is golds the one were if people over exert themselves and let out a small grunt alarms and lights go off? Or were kids are standing looking in the mirror seeing how nice and swole theyre abs are getting?
    Yeah it's the 2nd one. But I can use the equipment for $32/mo instead of $200. You want to waste your money to have some overexcited ripped manlet yell at you because you need the motivation then go for it.

Globo gyms dont have the eqipment most crossfitgyms have. Most globo gyms around here dont let people deadlift

Globo gyms dont have the eqipment most crossfitgyms have. Most globo gyms around here dont let people deadlift
    false

In my experience the globo gyms ive been to dont have rings, bumper plates, dont allow oly liftimg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W0DAb...-JFMZeFJQA7cMA

Crossfitter 77kg bw 310# snatch. Would have put him in 10th at this year olympics. Hopefully see him some time in the future !

I'll give you the rings, most don't have those but there is a big Gold's here that even has the rings. I've never been to a gym that didn't let me DL or power clean.

I'll give you the rings, most don't have those but there is a big Gold's here that even has the rings. I've never been to a gym that didn't let me DL or power clean.
    Nice. I think the statistics and retention rate of crossfitters speaks for itself, even at the cost of affiliate membeships. If people thought they could do the same at a 24hr they would go there to save 150$ monthly.

Vagoda is a name known to all. (+5000) Vagoda is a name known to all. (+5000) Vagoda is a name known to all. (+5000) Vagoda is a name known to all. (+5000) Vagoda is a name known to all. (+5000) Vagoda is a name known to all. (+5000) Vagoda is a name known to all. (+5000) Vagoda is a name known to all. (+5000) Vagoda is a name known to all. (+5000) Vagoda is a name known to all. (+5000) Vagoda is a name known to all. (+5000)
    I did 2 a days for a week at my crossfit gym. Went to the morning class, and the afternoon doing the wod. 2 of the other days I just did some free weights and jump roping. My trainer doesn't mind if I Just come in there to lift in the evenings. Only $85 a month at my gym.

Anything over $100 is expensive IMO.
    * OKC THUNDER * ARKANSAS RAZORBACKS * DENVER BRONCOS * DEFTONES * DUBSTEP *

RIP ZYZZ... veni vidi vici

Registered User shimmeringpearl's Avatar
    shimmeringpearl will become famous soon enough. (+50) shimmeringpearl will become famous soon enough. (+50) shimmeringpearl will become famous soon enough. (+50) shimmeringpearl will become famous soon enough. (+50) shimmeringpearl will become famous soon enough. (+50) shimmeringpearl will become famous soon enough. (+50) shimmeringpearl will become famous soon enough. (+50) shimmeringpearl will become famous soon enough. (+50) shimmeringpearl will become famous soon enough. (+50) shimmeringpearl will become famous soon enough. (+50) shimmeringpearl will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Here is my opinion...At crossfit one gets to feel like a bada$$. It doesn't matter (to the client) if it is dangerous or unconventional as long as the client leaves feeling good about him/herself. However, I will never advise anyone to consider crossfit. Metabolic workouts: yes-Lifting: yes-cardio bunny: no. For real, it doesn't have to be complicated.

pharmamarketer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) pharmamarketer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) pharmamarketer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) pharmamarketer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) pharmamarketer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) pharmamarketer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) pharmamarketer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) pharmamarketer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) pharmamarketer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) pharmamarketer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) pharmamarketer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I pay $9.97 a month at a Gold's. Not much douchery goes on. As for the kids looking at their abs, I never noticed anything like that at all. I would not care if they did. My gym also allows chalk and is geared towards weightlifting, so it suits my needs perfectly.
    I'm a great believer in luck and I find the harder I work, the more I have of it. ~ Thomas Jefferson

CookAndrewB is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) CookAndrewB is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) CookAndrewB is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) CookAndrewB is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) CookAndrewB is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) CookAndrewB is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) CookAndrewB is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) CookAndrewB is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) CookAndrewB is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) CookAndrewB is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) CookAndrewB is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by shimmeringpearl View Post
    Here is my opinion...At crossfit one gets to feel like a bada$$. It doesn't matter (to the client) if it is dangerous or unconventional as long as the client leaves feeling good about him/herself. However, I will never advise anyone to consider crossfit. Metabolic workouts: yes-Lifting: yes-cardio bunny: no. For real, it doesn't have to be complicated.
    So metcon and weight lifting gets the green light but crossfit does not? Curious why you feel that way.
    GoRuck Challenge Journal: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=150446113

"No one could make a greater mistake than he who did nothing because he could do only a little." -Edmund Burke

"Because your own strength is unequal to the task, do not assume that it is beyond the powers of man; but if anything is within the powers and province of man, believe that it is within your own compass also." -Marcus Aurelius

DocHoss is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DocHoss is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DocHoss is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DocHoss is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DocHoss is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DocHoss is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DocHoss is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DocHoss is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DocHoss is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DocHoss is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DocHoss is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by pharmamarketer View Post
    I pay $9.97 a month at a Gold's. Not much douchery goes on. As for the kids looking at their abs, I never noticed anything like that at all. I would not care if they did. My gym also allows chalk and is geared towards weightlifting, so it suits my needs perfectly.
    Holy Crap! That's even cheaper than Planet Pizza. How did you manage that? Gold's San Juan was way more than that, as are the places by me. All that and chalk too - I'm envious!
    Peace: Lift Long and Prosper!

Alamagan Dgan - and proud of it!

Lean, mean, geek machine

DougHolland is just really nice. (+1000) DougHolland is just really nice. (+1000) DougHolland is just really nice. (+1000) DougHolland is just really nice. (+1000) DougHolland is just really nice. (+1000) DougHolland is just really nice. (+1000) DougHolland is just really nice. (+1000) DougHolland is just really nice. (+1000) DougHolland is just really nice. (+1000) DougHolland is just really nice. (+1000) DougHolland is just really nice. (+1000)
    I like crossfit for helping me think outside the box. And because of crossfit we decided to make my own home gym. The idea of squatting barefoot intrigued me. Once I did it, i could never go back to shoes again.

It was really great when Ripptoe was leading the way with deads and squats, back in the day.

Anyway, some of my friends joined Judgemental Fitness because it was cheap. To me that gym is the opposite of CF.

What is a great day and workout for me now? Just let me go barefoot with a gallon of water, while I chuck giant dumbbells around my back yard until I cant pick it up with either arm anymore.

No membership needed. No fees. Just good neighbors that won't call the police because they think I went nutty

D

znbf12 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I have been doing Crossfit for a little over two years now. I powerlifted exclusively before I joined the military, and still continue to, but I think Crossfit adds a great dimension to overall fitness. I definetly wouldn't consider myself part of the "Crossfit Cult" but it does supplement my coordination, speed and cardio well especially with regards to the Army Physical Fitness Test. Strength is certainly an important aspect of fitness but many powerlifters lack a solid cardio program. Coversely, a lot of Crossfitters I know lack physical strength like that of powerlifters. That's why I believe both Crossfit and powerlifting could be used to supplement on another depending on that certain person's fitness goals.

My views on Crossfit as a whole are good. It provides a way for out of shape people to meet with physically fit people so that their fitness can actually motivate them to stay on track with their goals. Also, it is relatively cheap, unless you go to a Crossfit-affiliated gym, since very little equipment is required. Crossfit has been getting much too commercialized with the Crossfit games and contracts with Reebok but it does successfully market the brand. The more unfit people who decide to make a change, the better. Ultimately, it's about getting unfit people in shape since your body and mind are your two most powerful assets.

mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    I do crossfit, well kind of, ok not at all, but I do enjoy watching the ladies do it.
    Air Force Veteran 1976 - 1999 - Cannabis Enthusiast since the 1960's

Retired at 40 Crew - Social distancing expert - Living the Dream

I use the gender neutral pronouns "Fukker/Fukkers" a lot.

****** I don't always agree with the memes I post ******

I tell it like it is, if you want smoke blown up your ass or something sugar coated. I suggest you get a Hooker and a powdered donut.

JRT6 is a name known to all. (+5000) JRT6 is a name known to all. (+5000) JRT6 is a name known to all. (+5000) JRT6 is a name known to all. (+5000) JRT6 is a name known to all. (+5000) JRT6 is a name known to all. (+5000) JRT6 is a name known to all. (+5000) JRT6 is a name known to all. (+5000) JRT6 is a name known to all. (+5000) JRT6 is a name known to all. (+5000) JRT6 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    I take my rings to the gym at work and once in awhile to the Y.

redcaesar will become famous soon enough. (+50) redcaesar will become famous soon enough. (+50) redcaesar will become famous soon enough. (+50) redcaesar will become famous soon enough. (+50) redcaesar will become famous soon enough. (+50) redcaesar will become famous soon enough. (+50) redcaesar will become famous soon enough. (+50) redcaesar will become famous soon enough. (+50) redcaesar will become famous soon enough. (+50) redcaesar will become famous soon enough. (+50) redcaesar will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I've been wanting to give it a try for a while. Maybe soon

JohnSpinazzola will become famous soon enough. (+50) JohnSpinazzola will become famous soon enough. (+50) JohnSpinazzola will become famous soon enough. (+50) JohnSpinazzola will become famous soon enough. (+50) JohnSpinazzola will become famous soon enough. (+50) JohnSpinazzola will become famous soon enough. (+50) JohnSpinazzola will become famous soon enough. (+50) JohnSpinazzola will become famous soon enough. (+50) JohnSpinazzola will become famous soon enough. (+50) JohnSpinazzola will become famous soon enough. (+50) JohnSpinazzola will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I do crossfit workouts once in awhile for cardio. I thought about going to a crossfit gym for the competition aspect, but the prices are ridicules. Mixing in crossfit, kettle bells or Trx routine instead of the treadmill is a nice change of pace.

euronewbie is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) euronewbie is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) euronewbie is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) euronewbie is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) euronewbie is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) euronewbie is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) euronewbie is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) euronewbie is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) euronewbie is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) euronewbie is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) euronewbie is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    I have mixed opinions on the crossfit cult. I have never officially been to a crossfit gym, and I dont know all the official "crossfit" moves, but I've seen some people with some pretty amazing results. My sister-in-law for one, at almost 40 she is in beast mode, so hot, if only I picked the other twin, anyway back on track. I did my first crossfit workout a couple of weeks ago (only because the sister-in-law had been doing a year long challenge, so we did the last day with her) and it kicked my ass the heaviest weight being a 15 pound kettle bell I was sore for days. I pay a very small gym membership and will never leave I've, fallen in love with pushing my strength limits and seeing where they will go, however I may now mix in a few more crossfit style workouts for a change of pace. The local crossfit gym here is almost $300 a month and that only gets you 3 sessions a week.... so I will not be going there!

This is the workout we did, and thats as much crossfit as I've done.

25 burpees
    25 ball crunches
    25 burpees
    25 jump squats
    25 burpees
    1/4 mile sprint
    25 burpees
    25 kettlebell swings
    25 burpees
    25 russian twist

3 times through it all.... 56 minutes and I was dead, would have much prefered sticking with my planned heavy squat day.

I see it having its place though as more of an all around strength, speed, performance rather than a more focused bodybuilding, powerlifting workout. I also do a lot of bicycling and its a similar mentality between cyclists and triathlets, being focused and specialized or just doing a bit of everything.
    ***kneedraggers crew***

Will rep back 98% of the time

JRT6 is a name known to all. (+5000) JRT6 is a name known to all. (+5000) JRT6 is a name known to all. (+5000) JRT6 is a name known to all. (+5000) JRT6 is a name known to all. (+5000) JRT6 is a name known to all. (+5000) JRT6 is a name known to all. (+5000) JRT6 is a name known to all. (+5000) JRT6 is a name known to all. (+5000) JRT6 is a name known to all. (+5000) JRT6 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    I just don't have the energy for CF. Even in BJJ I rarely push myself to the point of exhaustion.

PopeGregorius is a name known to all. (+5000) PopeGregorius is a name known to all. (+5000) PopeGregorius is a name known to all. (+5000) PopeGregorius is a name known to all. (+5000) PopeGregorius is a name known to all. (+5000) PopeGregorius is a name known to all. (+5000) PopeGregorius is a name known to all. (+5000) PopeGregorius is a name known to all. (+5000) PopeGregorius is a name known to all. (+5000) PopeGregorius is a name known to all. (+5000) PopeGregorius is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Meh its no different from the bodybuilding cult or oly lifting, boxing gyms, powerlifting gyms, aquatic centres etc.

People get bored & want some different different to do.
    * ʍǝɹɔ ǝıssnɐ *

NorwichGrad has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NorwichGrad has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NorwichGrad has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NorwichGrad has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NorwichGrad has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NorwichGrad has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NorwichGrad has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NorwichGrad has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NorwichGrad has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NorwichGrad has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NorwichGrad has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by PopeGregorius View Post
    Meh its no different from the bodybuilding cult or oly lifting, boxing gyms, powerlifting gyms, aquatic centres etc.

People get bored & want some different different to do.
    Yup. You're pretty much dead-on. And even within the already-small Oly community, there are "camps" and cliques. I'm not gonna mention any names, but some of you may know a certain "Oly coach" in the US who never produced any national lifter yet loves to spout "American weightlifters suck cuz they're not strong enough and they must do lowbar back squats to win medals internationally."
    This above all..
    To thine ownself be true..
    And it must follow, as the night the day..
    Thou can'st not then be false to any man..
    -----------------------------------------------
    Bros, my Weightlifters and Powerlifters are my credentials.

KeystoneRunner is on a distinguished road. (+10) KeystoneRunner is on a distinguished road. (+10) KeystoneRunner is on a distinguished road. (+10) KeystoneRunner is on a distinguished road. (+10) KeystoneRunner is on a distinguished road. (+10) KeystoneRunner is on a distinguished road. (+10) KeystoneRunner is on a distinguished road. (+10) KeystoneRunner is on a distinguished road. (+10) KeystoneRunner is on a distinguished road. (+10) KeystoneRunner is on a distinguished road. (+10) KeystoneRunner is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    When I was in Afghanistan, a lot of Green Berets, SEALS, and Marines were doing Crossfit.

CF is more practical for real world situations. Its better for athletes, military, cops, etc.

Lets be honest, body building is just a personal preference. Its to look good only and serves no practical purpose.

CF can benefit you in sports, everyday movements, self defense etc.

All that being said, I've yet to try CF. I still keep going to the gym and pumping iron.