cybertronik will become famous soon enough. (+50) cybertronik will become famous soon enough. (+50) cybertronik will become famous soon enough. (+50) cybertronik will become famous soon enough. (+50) cybertronik will become famous soon enough. (+50) cybertronik will become famous soon enough. (+50) cybertronik will become famous soon enough. (+50) cybertronik will become famous soon enough. (+50) cybertronik will become famous soon enough. (+50) cybertronik will become famous soon enough. (+50) cybertronik will become famous soon enough. (+50)

anyone tried the leangains recomp? (+20/-20)

Anyone tried the leangains recomp with the +20/-20 eating plan?

I have been doing the leangains cut for a while now and love it, but even tho I'm getting more cut, I'm not liking how small (overall) Im getting. My original aim was for 10% and I don't wanna really slow bulk till I get there.

Just wondering if anyone has tried it and how quick / noticeable the results are.
    LIFT, EAT, SQUAT

AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by cybertronik View Post

Just wondering if anyone has tried it and how quick / noticeable the results are.

A recomp is extremely slow
    Yes... I've started a log - http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=159357321

cybertronik will become famous soon enough. (+50) cybertronik will become famous soon enough. (+50) cybertronik will become famous soon enough. (+50) cybertronik will become famous soon enough. (+50) cybertronik will become famous soon enough. (+50) cybertronik will become famous soon enough. (+50) cybertronik will become famous soon enough. (+50) cybertronik will become famous soon enough. (+50) cybertronik will become famous soon enough. (+50) cybertronik will become famous soon enough. (+50) cybertronik will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by AlwaysTryin View Post
    A recomp is extremely slow
    I know its slower but a usual recomp is maintenance everyday, where as leangains is staggered. Just wondering how slow "extremely slow" is
    LIFT, EAT, SQUAT

BigD208 is not very helpful. (-500) BigD208 is not very helpful. (-500) BigD208 is not very helpful. (-500) BigD208 is not very helpful. (-500) BigD208 is not very helpful. (-500) BigD208 is not very helpful. (-500) BigD208 is not very helpful. (-500) BigD208 is not very helpful. (-500) BigD208 is not very helpful. (-500) BigD208 is not very helpful. (-500) BigD208 is not very helpful. (-500)
    It is very slow and I doubt you will make it close to 10% doing it. I see it recomended generally for those in that high teens/low 20s % body fat range. If you are in that boat then you can probably drop a couple %s while staying the same weight if you eat at maintenance. But as you already know it is slow. In my opinion just cut your self down to 10-12 % and start an ultra controlled bulk.

Originally Posted by BigD208 View Post
    It is very slow and I doubt you will make it close to 10% doing it. I see it recomended generally for those in that high teens/low 20s % body fat range. If you are in that boat then you can probably drop a couple %s while staying the same weight if you eat at maintenance. But as you already know it is slow. In my opinion just cut your self down to 10-12 % and start an ultra controlled bulk.
    Yeah that's the plan. I bulked when I got to 14% last year and went up to 20% (estimate) in 7 months. No way I'm doing that again. Slow 0.3lb a week bulk me thinks.. if I get a six pack (or close to) I wanna damn keep it lol.
    LIFT, EAT, SQUAT

-Michelangelo- is on a distinguished road. (+10) -Michelangelo- is on a distinguished road. (+10) -Michelangelo- is on a distinguished road. (+10) -Michelangelo- is on a distinguished road. (+10) -Michelangelo- is on a distinguished road. (+10) -Michelangelo- is on a distinguished road. (+10) -Michelangelo- is on a distinguished road. (+10) -Michelangelo- is on a distinguished road. (+10) -Michelangelo- is on a distinguished road. (+10) -Michelangelo- is on a distinguished road. (+10) -Michelangelo- is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    I've done lean gains and also prescribed it. I dropped body fat very quickly. You're +\-20% is referring to his general recommendation. That is a recomp. I wanted fat loss in conjunction with weight loss so I simply did a +10%\-40%. Besides UD2, Best and fastest results I've ever seen on me and my client (among lean clients)

YOU set calories. Not lean gains. Lean gains is an eating style and a guide not a diet. Reread through the many articles on Lean gains.com. You pick the calorie sets, not Martin berkhan.

gerryh777 is on a distinguished road. (+10) gerryh777 is on a distinguished road. (+10) gerryh777 is on a distinguished road. (+10) gerryh777 is on a distinguished road. (+10) gerryh777 is on a distinguished road. (+10) gerryh777 is on a distinguished road. (+10) gerryh777 is on a distinguished road. (+10) gerryh777 is on a distinguished road. (+10) gerryh777 is on a distinguished road. (+10) gerryh777 is on a distinguished road. (+10) gerryh777 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Excuse my ignorance but what is the +20/-20 or +10%/-40%?

Also, is there a specific training routine for leangains or can you use your current routine and just do the 14hr fast and 8 hr feed? Do you lose
    fat faster with Leangains as opposed to just eating at the same deficit but several times during the day?

Bushum is on a distinguished road. (+10) Bushum is on a distinguished road. (+10) Bushum is on a distinguished road. (+10) Bushum is on a distinguished road. (+10) Bushum is on a distinguished road. (+10) Bushum is on a distinguished road. (+10) Bushum is on a distinguished road. (+10) Bushum is on a distinguished road. (+10) Bushum is on a distinguished road. (+10) Bushum is on a distinguished road. (+10) Bushum is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by gerryh777 View Post

Also, is there a specific training routine for leangains or can you use your current routine and just do the 14hr fast and 8 hr feed? Do you lose
    fat faster with Leangains as opposed to just eating at the same deficit but several times during the day?
    It is rest and workout days. So 20% below maintenance calories on rest days and 20% above on workout days.

-Michelangelo- is on a distinguished road. (+10) -Michelangelo- is on a distinguished road. (+10) -Michelangelo- is on a distinguished road. (+10) -Michelangelo- is on a distinguished road. (+10) -Michelangelo- is on a distinguished road. (+10) -Michelangelo- is on a distinguished road. (+10) -Michelangelo- is on a distinguished road. (+10) -Michelangelo- is on a distinguished road. (+10) -Michelangelo- is on a distinguished road. (+10) -Michelangelo- is on a distinguished road. (+10) -Michelangelo- is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Yes. There is no specific training routine with leangains just a recommendation to lift heavy on your surplus days in his guide for recomp.

14/8 windows are generally prescribed to females. So if youre male shoot for 16, not a huge difference tho.

Leangains versus multiple meals? Well the benefits are much deeper and more profound than simply an increased fat loss advantage, which would be minimal if it even exists. Research has shown that increased fasting periods increase the ability of the body to utilize and begin lipolysis of stubborn body fat however. But if you are not lean there probably would not be a difference in fat loss persay, that will be dictated by your caloric deficit.

The main benefit for me is that once you get used to fasting you 'forget' that you usually eat in the day and look forward to your eating window, and because your eating more calories over a shorter period you can have bigger meals instead of trying to fit smaller meals in all day.

Its really strange but I don't even think about eating or about food anymore in the day. I now take a nice selection of liquids to work lol. Caffeine free tea, sugar free squash and water.
    LIFT, EAT, SQUAT

gerryh777 is on a distinguished road. (+10) gerryh777 is on a distinguished road. (+10) gerryh777 is on a distinguished road. (+10) gerryh777 is on a distinguished road. (+10) gerryh777 is on a distinguished road. (+10) gerryh777 is on a distinguished road. (+10) gerryh777 is on a distinguished road. (+10) gerryh777 is on a distinguished road. (+10) gerryh777 is on a distinguished road. (+10) gerryh777 is on a distinguished road. (+10) gerryh777 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by -Michelangelo- View Post
    Yes. There is no specific training routine with leangains just a recommendation to lift heavy on your surplus days in his guide for recomp.

14/8 windows are generally prescribed to females. So if youre male shoot for 16, not a huge difference tho.

Leangains versus multiple meals? Well the benefits are much deeper and more profound than simply an increased fat loss advantage, which would be minimal if it even exists. Research has shown that increased fasting periods increase the ability of the body to utilize and begin lipolysis of stubborn body fat however. But if you are not lean there probably would not be a difference in fat loss persay, that will be dictated by your caloric deficit.
    Good info, thanks. I am a male (my name is not Gerry as my handle may suggest). My current bodyfat is around 15% and I am cutting. Would you recommend Leangains or should I continue with my cut as it is? My legs and arms are pretty lean....most of the fat I carry is around the midsection and a little on my uppder body, but not much. I am trying to cut down to 10-12%.

Good info, thanks. I am a male (my name is not Gerry as my handle may suggest). My current bodyfat is around 15% and I am cutting. Would you recommend Leangains or should I continue with my cut as it is? My legs and arms are pretty lean....most of the fat I carry is around the midsection and a little on my uppder body, but not much. I am trying to cut down to 10-12%.
    Personally I'd recommend it. Its no magic diet (still cals in vs cals out) but once you get used to the fasting (took me about a week) you forget about the 'hassle' of eating every daytime and end up looking forward to your massive meals on the night. I have a cake every workout day as part of my plan and the weight is still dropping off me. Imagine trying to fit a cake into your macros with the '6 meal a day' rule?
    LIFT, EAT, SQUAT

This depends on the plan you are currently on. We cannot recommend leangains over a plan we know nothing about .

Leangains is an eating style. A set of ideals that can be applied to most any diet. If you would like us to critique your current plan simply tell us about it, and if it's a good plan, I'll show you how you can incorporate leangains into your plan.

If your plan sucks and you like the idea of fasting then yes I would recommend it. Except you will have to modify the guide to fit your goals. For recomp you basically leave it as is. For accelerated weight loss/fat loss you need to decrease the guide's calorie sets. Simple as that

nellyg619 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) nellyg619 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) nellyg619 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) nellyg619 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) nellyg619 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) nellyg619 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) nellyg619 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) nellyg619 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) nellyg619 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) nellyg619 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) nellyg619 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    maybe its just all in my head but training fasted is what seems to have shown great results in my opnion, but maybe that just me??

Originally Posted by nellyg619 View Post
    maybe its just all in my head but training fasted is what seems to have shown great results in my opnion, but maybe that just me??
    Possibly. Training fasted may have calorie partitioning benefits as well as possible benefits to protein synthesis if done properly.

AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by -Michelangelo- View Post
    14/8?? Typo lol
    Yes... I've started a log - http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=159357321

Originally Posted by AlwaysTryin View Post
    14/8?? Typo lol
    lol. I tend to do 16/8 on rest days and weekends but on weekday workout days I do 20/4. The ratio doesn't really matter.. Do what suits your lifestyle.
    LIFT, EAT, SQUAT

wolflikeme has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) wolflikeme has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) wolflikeme has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) wolflikeme has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) wolflikeme has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) wolflikeme has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) wolflikeme has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) wolflikeme has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) wolflikeme has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) wolflikeme has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) wolflikeme has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    yeah I used to think that training fasted would leave me with no energy, but it works so well for me.

Originally Posted by nellyg619 View Post