Foadon is on a distinguished road. (+10) Foadon is on a distinguished road. (+10) Foadon is on a distinguished road. (+10) Foadon is on a distinguished road. (+10) Foadon is on a distinguished road. (+10) Foadon is on a distinguished road. (+10) Foadon is on a distinguished road. (+10) Foadon is on a distinguished road. (+10) Foadon is on a distinguished road. (+10) Foadon is on a distinguished road. (+10) Foadon is on a distinguished road. (+10)

how to convince a girl to lift for fat loss?

For men it's as easy as reading a science based article to get us to do it, with women it's a bit trickier (judging my attempts so far). Does anyone have any tips on how i can convince a girl to lift some weights to help her fat loss? She comes in every day and does cardio, that ofcourse has benefits but I can't figure out a way to make her understand resistance training is just as important if not more important.

Any women here who can share how they were convinced or men who convinced women ? I don't think I can just give her an article to read, i need some kind of explenation that is simple but makes sense :|

Spanishdream is a name known to all. (+5000) Spanishdream is a name known to all. (+5000) Spanishdream is a name known to all. (+5000) Spanishdream is a name known to all. (+5000) Spanishdream is a name known to all. (+5000) Spanishdream is a name known to all. (+5000) Spanishdream is a name known to all. (+5000) Spanishdream is a name known to all. (+5000) Spanishdream is a name known to all. (+5000) Spanishdream is a name known to all. (+5000) Spanishdream is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Show her some of girls in there who lift?

The problem is most girls think as soon as they pick up a dumb bell they're going to explode with muscle mass.
    Currently cutting.

Foadon is on a distinguished road. (+10) Foadon is on a distinguished road. (+10) Foadon is on a distinguished road. (+10) Foadon is on a distinguished road. (+10) Foadon is on a distinguished road. (+10) Foadon is on a distinguished road. (+10) Foadon is on a distinguished road. (+10) Foadon is on a distinguished road. (+10) Foadon is on a distinguished road. (+10) Foadon is on a distinguished road. (+10) Foadon is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by Spanishdream View Post
    The problem is most girls think as soon as they pick up a dumb bell they're going to explode with muscle mass.
    yea it all comes down to that. I guess i'll try my best and just say the "exploders" are the ones lifting for years and with heavy weights, not <11lbs bells

BloodySalad is just really nice. (+1000) BloodySalad is just really nice. (+1000) BloodySalad is just really nice. (+1000) BloodySalad is just really nice. (+1000) BloodySalad is just really nice. (+1000) BloodySalad is just really nice. (+1000) BloodySalad is just really nice. (+1000) BloodySalad is just really nice. (+1000) BloodySalad is just really nice. (+1000) BloodySalad is just really nice. (+1000) BloodySalad is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by Foadon View Post
    I guess i'll try my best and just say the "exploders" are the ones lifting for years and with heavy weights
    Or more specifically, the "exploders" are the ones enjoying dat dere celltech.

Yutes is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Yutes is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Yutes is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Yutes is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Yutes is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Yutes is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Yutes is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Yutes is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Yutes is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Yutes is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Yutes is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Imho all you need to show her is: https://www.********.com/OfficialJamieEason

Progress not perfection PunkyCindy's Avatar
    PunkyCindy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) PunkyCindy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) PunkyCindy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) PunkyCindy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) PunkyCindy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) PunkyCindy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) PunkyCindy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) PunkyCindy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) PunkyCindy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) PunkyCindy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) PunkyCindy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Explain to her that when she lift weights she builds muscle and when you build muscle you can increase your calories. But to prove building muscle doesn't mean being enormous show her some pics.
    Hi, I'm Crystal :)
    Fat Loss Log - https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=180898713&p=1652556253#post1652556253
    11/18/2022 - Starting to fight again. - 275 lbs (highest was 279 lbs)

abendm has a spectacular aura about. (+250) abendm has a spectacular aura about. (+250) abendm has a spectacular aura about. (+250) abendm has a spectacular aura about. (+250) abendm has a spectacular aura about. (+250) abendm has a spectacular aura about. (+250) abendm has a spectacular aura about. (+250) abendm has a spectacular aura about. (+250) abendm has a spectacular aura about. (+250) abendm has a spectacular aura about. (+250) abendm has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by PunkyCindy View Post
    Explain to her that when she lift weights she builds muscle and when you build muscle you can increase your calories. But to prove building muscle doesn't mean being enormous show her some pics.
    Not to purposefully sound like a jerk Cindy, but no, don't do this. It's not actually true, and even if it were, it would deter most women from lifting. Beyond a very small amount of noob LBM gains, it's literally impossible to gain muscle in a caloric deficit (and the assumption is that the woman isn't already satisfied with her physique... if she were she obviously knows what she's doing already and won't be swayed by you... she'll also be eating at maintenance).

OP, why do you want this woman to lift? Lifting doesn't actually help to burn fat, just spare LBM. EPOC won't help with fat loss anymore than cardio will, it's just a different mechanism of creating a (usually smaller total) deficit. If the client/your GF/some random woman(?) doesn't care about LBM, leave her alone.

If it's really that important, explain to her about maintenance, deficits, and surplus. Explain that LBM gain is impossible without a surplus, then show her ads for stuff like waxy maize or any "mass gain" type supplement.
    Former member of the > 300 lb crew
    --- 08/03/11: >310 lb
    --- 04/26/13: 14% 190 lb

--- I always rep back, although measly atm

Electricheadd is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Electricheadd is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Electricheadd is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Electricheadd is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Electricheadd is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Electricheadd is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Electricheadd is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Electricheadd is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Electricheadd is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Electricheadd is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Electricheadd is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Convince her best friend..... the rest will fall in line.
    My Reverse Diet Log
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=153750981&p=1077733831#post1077733831

MCrow is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MCrow is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MCrow is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MCrow is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MCrow is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MCrow is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MCrow is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MCrow is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MCrow is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MCrow is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MCrow is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    I would show her the profiles of some of the ladies here on bb.com that lift.

Get here going with squats. Most women really want a nice ass and legs, you can convice her that she can have a movie star ass and legs if she squats. IMO, if you can get her going on squats you'll be able to get her doing other lifts.
    Vikings--Wolves-Gophers
    ***United----MNUFC***
    *****Celiac Bruh*****

PunkyCindy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) PunkyCindy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) PunkyCindy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) PunkyCindy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) PunkyCindy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) PunkyCindy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) PunkyCindy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) PunkyCindy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) PunkyCindy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) PunkyCindy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) PunkyCindy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by abendm View Post
    Not to purposefully sound like a jerk Cindy, but no, don't do this. It's not actually true, and even if it were, it would deter most women from lifting. Beyond a very small amount of noob LBM gains, it's literally impossible to gain muscle in a caloric deficit (and the assumption is that the woman isn't already satisfied with her physique... if she were she obviously knows what she's doing already and won't be swayed by you... she'll also be eating at maintenance).

OP, why do you want this woman to lift? Lifting doesn't actually help to burn fat, just spare LBM. EPOC won't help with fat loss anymore than cardio will, it's just a different mechanism of creating a (usually smaller total) deficit. If the client/your GF/some random woman(?) doesn't care about LBM, leave her alone.

If it's really that important, explain to her about maintenance, deficits, and surplus. Explain that LBM gain is impossible without a surplus, then show her ads for stuff like waxy maize or any "mass gain" type supplement.
    I agree with you. maybe I should have clarified or elaborated or something or changed the way I answered.
    What I meant and didn't convey very well was. explain to her that lifting while losing weight will slow or prevent muscle loss, but when she reaches her goal weight the maint. calories will be higher than if she'd had lost it with only cardio providing she continues to lift because her LBM will be higher. Adding muscle will allow her to eat more if she chooses to add it. Learning and understanding this was what motivated me to start lifting...also showing pics of women who lift will elleviate her concerns on looking manly and bulky.

I understand the concept...maybe just didn't explain it very well. For the record you didn't sound like a jerk.
    Fat Loss Log - https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=180898713&p=1652556253#post1652556253

Originally Posted by MCrow View Post
    I would show her the profiles of some of the ladies here on bb.com that lift.

Get here going with squats. Most women really want a nice ass and legs, you can convice her that she can have a movie star ass and legs if she squats. IMO, if you can get her going on squats you'll be able to get her doing other lifts.
    haha...brilliant! Also weighted glute bridges...just tried those yesterday and they made my butt more sore than squats!

abendm has a spectacular aura about. (+250) abendm has a spectacular aura about. (+250) abendm has a spectacular aura about. (+250) abendm has a spectacular aura about. (+250) abendm has a spectacular aura about. (+250) abendm has a spectacular aura about. (+250) abendm has a spectacular aura about. (+250) abendm has a spectacular aura about. (+250) abendm has a spectacular aura about. (+250) abendm has a spectacular aura about. (+250) abendm has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    haha...brilliant! Also weighted glute bridges...just tried those yesterday and they made my butt more sore than squats!
    ^This.

Glute bridges and kickbacks for girly butts definitely. Squats hit piriformis and gluteus medius too much... make for a square ass.
    Former member of the > 300 lb crew
    --- 08/03/11: >310 lb
    --- 04/26/13: 14% 190 lb

--- I always rep back, although measly atm

skelooth is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) skelooth is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) skelooth is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) skelooth is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) skelooth is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) skelooth is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) skelooth is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) skelooth is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) skelooth is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) skelooth is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) skelooth is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    It's pretty simple: Women don't have testosterone, so they don't even have the hormones necessary to be "muscle bound." That's always been my key selling point when trying to get women to lift weights, and it usually works.
    I've gained and lost over 100lbs more times than any man alive should. Do as I say and not as I do.

wings_unhinged has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) wings_unhinged has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) wings_unhinged has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) wings_unhinged has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) wings_unhinged has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) wings_unhinged has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) wings_unhinged has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) wings_unhinged has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) wings_unhinged has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) wings_unhinged has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) wings_unhinged has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    this!

My wife was convinced she'd look like a manly female bodybuilder until I showed her some pics.

caprica6 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) caprica6 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) caprica6 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) caprica6 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) caprica6 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) caprica6 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) caprica6 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) caprica6 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) caprica6 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) caprica6 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) caprica6 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by skelooth View Post
    It's pretty simple: Women don't have testosterone, so they don't even have the hormones necessary to be "muscle bound." That's always been my key selling point when trying to get women to lift weights, and it usually works.
    http://women.webmd.com/normal-testos...evels-in-women
    start where you are

lee__d has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) lee__d has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) lee__d has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) lee__d has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) lee__d has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) lee__d has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) lee__d has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) lee__d has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) lee__d has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) lee__d has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) lee__d has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    He should have said "nearly enough" to get "bulky" from lifting heavy.

skelooth is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) skelooth is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) skelooth is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) skelooth is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) skelooth is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) skelooth is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) skelooth is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) skelooth is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) skelooth is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) skelooth is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) skelooth is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by lee__d View Post
    Yup. For the purpose of building muscle, it's a reasonable argument that women do not have [the] testosterone [necessary] to build large muscles.
    I've gained and lost over 100lbs more times than any man alive should. Do as I say and not as I do.

veightkiller has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    make her insecure on what she looks like jk.

caprica6 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) caprica6 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) caprica6 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) caprica6 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) caprica6 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) caprica6 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) caprica6 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) caprica6 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) caprica6 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) caprica6 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) caprica6 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by lee__d View Post
    Originally Posted by skelooth View Post
    Yup. For the purpose of building muscle, it's a reasonable argument that women do not have [the] testosterone [necessary] to build large muscles.
    Nice save, skelooth. I'll play along.