ethaxton has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ethaxton has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ethaxton has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ethaxton has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ethaxton has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ethaxton has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ethaxton has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ethaxton has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ethaxton has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ethaxton has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ethaxton has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Need advice for losing some body fat (no keto, screw cardio)

So I've been working out hard and consistently for going on seven years now. I made a drastic change in my life from being 140lbs with very little muscle mass to 180lbs mostly lean. I've never been able to see my bottom two abs. I'll admit I am a fairly heavy drinker and I probably eat more carbs than I should. I've never been one to measure exactly what I eat, lift or run on a daily basis. So I know, I know why give me advice if I have never taken myself or lifting as serious as I should. The fact is when I did try to make measurements and really zone in on my diet, etc I saw very little difference and it kind of took the fun out of all of it.

All that being said, I was hoping to find some simple tips that will help me lose the fat around my bottom two abs. I cannot do a ketogenic diet because of my work. I absolutely need energy and focus for the 12 hours I am there, the initial phase of that diet would be too dangerous in my work environment I think. My work schedules also make it very hard to be on any type of consistent diet because I am away from home a lot and switch between day shift and night shift. I also can't stand doing more than about 15 minutes of cardio (bike mostly). I would really like to maintain most of my lean mass, or as much as possible anyways.

A typical day for me looks like this:

Breakfast
    2 packets instant Quaker Oatmeal made w/ milk
    3 egg scramble w/ turkey and cheddar cheese that I just mix around in a frying pan
    Coffee w/ cream and sugar
    Orange Triad multivitamins and a green tea extract capsule

Lunch Each would be an example of a day during a typical week
    Chipotle Rice bowl (Brown Rice, black beans, fajita veggies, cheese, salsa, chicken)
    6" Oven Roasted Chicken breast on wheat (double meat, lettuce, banana peppers, hot sauce, american cheese)
    Deli Sandwich (Turkey, Ham, Roast Beef, Light mayo, american cheese, brown mustard on wheat)

Dinner
    Hot Wings and light ranch
    Grilled chicken tenders (usually marinated in a spicy rub), broccoli and sweet potatoe
    Tuna Steak w/ mashed potatoe
    Blackened Chicken salad w/ ranch

Post workout: Egg white fruit smoothie (crystal light pack, 4oz water, couple scoops of low fat yogurt, half container liquid egg whites, frozen strawberries, banana)

Pre workout: Hyper FX, water and take xtend at gym

Snacks: peanuts and cashews, chips and salsa, cottage cheese, pepperoni, baked chips, sugar free redbull

The tips I've been given so far were to cut out all the simple carbs I can, no more than 50g or so. Change beer to Mich ultra or the like, etc. These are from random gym goers that are not in near the shape I am currently so I am hesitant to just hit the ground running with their advice. Any tips would be greatly appreciated. My profile pic is most current body pic.

My pronouns are bro/brah Tommy W.'s Avatar
    Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by ethaxton View Post
    So I've been working out hard and consistently for going on seven years now. I made a drastic change in my life from being 140lbs with very little muscle mass to 180lbs mostly lean. I've never been able to see my bottom two abs. I'll admit I am a fairly heavy drinker and I probably eat more carbs than I should. I've never been one to measure exactly what I eat, lift or run on a daily basis. So I know, I know why give me advice if I have never taken myself or lifting as serious as I should. The fact is when I did try to make measurements and really zone in on my diet, etc I saw very little difference and it kind of took the fun out of all of it.

All that being said, I was hoping to find some simple tips that will help me lose the fat around my bottom two abs. I cannot do a ketogenic diet because of my work. I absolutely need energy and focus for the 12 hours I am there, the initial phase of that diet would be too dangerous in my work environment I think. My work schedules also make it very hard to be on any type of consistent diet because I am away from home a lot and switch between day shift and night shift. I also can't stand doing more than about 15 minutes of cardio (bike mostly). I would really like to maintain most of my lean mass, or as much as possible anyways.

A typical day for me looks like this:

Breakfast
    2 packets instant Quaker Oatmeal made w/ milk
    3 egg scramble w/ turkey and cheddar cheese that I just mix around in a frying pan
    Coffee w/ cream and sugar
    Orange Triad multivitamins and a green tea extract capsule

Lunch Each would be an example of a day during a typical week
    Chipotle Rice bowl (Brown Rice, black beans, fajita veggies, cheese, salsa, chicken)
    6" Oven Roasted Chicken breast on wheat (double meat, lettuce, banana peppers, hot sauce, american cheese)
    Deli Sandwich (Turkey, Ham, Roast Beef, Light mayo, american cheese, brown mustard on wheat)

Dinner
    Hot Wings and light ranch
    Grilled chicken tenders (usually marinated in a spicy rub), broccoli and sweet potatoe
    Tuna Steak w/ mashed potatoe
    Blackened Chicken salad w/ ranch

Post workout: Egg white fruit smoothie (crystal light pack, 4oz water, couple scoops of low fat yogurt, half container liquid egg whites, frozen strawberries, banana)

Pre workout: Hyper FX, water and take xtend at gym

Snacks: peanuts and cashews, chips and salsa, cottage cheese, pepperoni, baked chips, sugar free redbull

The tips I've been given so far were to cut out all the simple carbs I can, no more than 50g or so. Change beer to Mich ultra or the like, etc. These are from random gym goers that are not in near the shape I am currently so I am hesitant to just hit the ground running with their advice. Any tips would be greatly appreciated. My profile pic is most current body pic.
    If you've been maintaining your weight for a month or more count the cals you're eating to stay there. Drop your cals as much as you can while keeping your protien up to a minimum of 1 gram per lb. of body weight. You won't need cardio for awhile
    If you don't get what you want you didn't want it bad enough

Pro Choice
    Non Christian
    MAGA
    2A Advocate
    FJB

ethaxton has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ethaxton has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ethaxton has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ethaxton has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ethaxton has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ethaxton has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ethaxton has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ethaxton has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ethaxton has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ethaxton has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ethaxton has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Should I be avoiding certain types of food? I eat Pepperonis as a snack...should I switch to Turkey pepperoni for example? I also eat a fair amount of Lean Cuisines.

My weight has been steady for about a year. Fluctuates from 178-185 at most.

MattLAX0473 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MattLAX0473 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MattLAX0473 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MattLAX0473 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MattLAX0473 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MattLAX0473 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MattLAX0473 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MattLAX0473 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MattLAX0473 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MattLAX0473 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MattLAX0473 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Easiet way would be to do as said above and do an estimate of your calories. Or you can look up what your maintenance calories are (google it or search the main site for a calorie calculator). Whenever you find that number either subtract 500 calories or I've heard subtract anywhere from 10-20% of your total maintenance calories. I simply use 13 calories per pound of a weight about 5lbs below my current weight. Anyway, find your total number and divide that by how many meals you plan on eating through out the day (don't forget pre/post workout). Then whatever way you can, try to stick to stay under that calories amount for each meal. If you have a smart phone download The Eat this Not that App or something like that. When I eat out I try to look up the nutritional menu beforehand. Down about 10-11 lbs since I started tracking my weight a monthish ago. Tried going keto approach but it just sucks. No energy, didn't have normal bowell movements, and it gave me head aches, not to mention it was hurting my strength. Now I shoot for moderate carbs (prob 50-100 g) per day, all good carbs (brown rice, whole wheat bread, blah blah blah). All the problems I was having have went away, and I stil am losing weight.

My workout has been a full body with an "A" routine and "B" routine that I switch everytime I lift (MWF). However I do some HIIT cardio and abs tues/thurs/sat which has definitly helped. I find interval running to go by alot faster (15-20 mins max) and not be so boring. You could try that and do 10 minutes or so. I also hear doing supersets of push/pull or upper/lower to be a good program for cutting/gaining muscle at the same time.

Just curious, what is your job? Sounds very similiar to mine with the hours and eating out alot, day/night shifts.

davidli2012 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) davidli2012 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) davidli2012 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) davidli2012 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) davidli2012 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) davidli2012 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Should I be avoiding certain types of food? I eat Pepperonis as a snack...should I switch to Turkey pepperoni for example? I also eat a fair amount of Lean Cuisines.
    Don't agonize too much about what you are eating. As long as your macros/total calories are at a level where it gets your weight dropping, you should be fine. You should be able to eat whatever you want as long as it meets caloric goals. But eating nutritionally valuable foods makes those goals easier.
    Currently using Gaspari MyoFusion Probiotic Series

Training areas of emphasis: symmetry (strength and size), biceps

Message me if you have any suggestions

My pronouns are bro/brah Tommy W.'s Avatar
    Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)

My weight has been steady for about a year. Fluctuates from 178-185 at most.
    It doesn't matter as I stated, just get your protien in and hit your cal budget for the day or the week, which I find is easier to maintain.
    If you don't get what you want you didn't want it bad enough

Pro Choice
    Non Christian
    MAGA
    2A Advocate
    FJB