Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 LastLast

Thread: GRILLN thread.

DubfromGA has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DubfromGA has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DubfromGA has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DubfromGA has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DubfromGA has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DubfromGA has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DubfromGA has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DubfromGA has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DubfromGA has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DubfromGA has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DubfromGA has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by HairyScandinavian View Post
    I'm always grilling the staple foods, chicken breast and green onions with large whole portobello mushrooms but I never think to take any pics.

One thing for sure, if I'm ever running through GA again I'm finding out with Dub lives and stopping by.
    We'll cook up something !!!!

Grilling accounts for a majority of my grub....that and the crockpot, George Foreman and cold cuts. Always seems like there's idle time and I'm goofing around with the cellphone usually....cellphone camera is decent and seamlessly loads into file server....thus the tons of pics.
    I may look like Santa Claus.....but I'm feeling like Elvis...........

16.75" of Clive wannabe natypes's Avatar
    natypes has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) natypes has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) natypes has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) natypes has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) natypes has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) natypes has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) natypes has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) natypes has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) natypes has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) natypes has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) natypes has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    mmm smoked fish is best fish

I did some smoked sausage the other night for a little taste of summer in the winter. Just like in the pics. Boy was it good.

So, I'm thinking about smoking with some cherry next year. I hear good things about it, but it's hard to find.
    You are the only problem you will ever have and YOU are the only solution.

Car Crew
    Only misc 8-5 crew M-F
    Android Crew
    Indie Music Crew
    Black girl magic crew
    Home chef crew
    Warzone 2 crew
    FJB

DubfromGA has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DubfromGA has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DubfromGA has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DubfromGA has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DubfromGA has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DubfromGA has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DubfromGA has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DubfromGA has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DubfromGA has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DubfromGA has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DubfromGA has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Yeah....I never really get that hung up on wood type. I simply buy the large bags of mesquite or other at Lowe's, Home Depot or grocery store. A little seems to go a long way.

natypes has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) natypes has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) natypes has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) natypes has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) natypes has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) natypes has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) natypes has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) natypes has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) natypes has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) natypes has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) natypes has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by DubfromGA View Post
    Yeah....I never really get that hung up on wood type. I simply buy the large bags of mesquite or other at Lowe's, Home Depot or grocery store. A little seems to go a long way.
    Grilled some tilapia tonight bc of your pics lol. Threw some hickory wood chips on there mmmm. Fish just sucks in that smoky goodness so quickly.

And I bought some cedar planks for another time.

Dub, I've heard that cherry gives meat the smokiest flavor of all woods and has to be used carefully. I'll try some next year for sure.

Car Crew
    Only misc 8-5 crew M-F
    Android Crew
    Indie Music Crew
    Black girl magic crew
    Home chef crew
    Warzone 2 crew
    FJB

Will be smoking fish next week!

I'm trying something new this evening.

The Big Easy has worked like a charm on chicken & turkey....maybe it'll do ribs, too. I ordered some of the rib hooks from their site.

Cooking times sounded ridiculously fast. I'll post up results when done.

UPDATE:

Last edited by DubfromGA; 12-05-2012 at 04:24 PM.

I've gotta locate some of this hot sauce!

NRAFL has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NRAFL has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NRAFL has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NRAFL has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NRAFL has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NRAFL has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NRAFL has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NRAFL has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NRAFL has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NRAFL has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NRAFL has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Not grill related, but for those with a sweet tooth:

Pistachio Cheesecake Brownies
    Red Velvet Cheesecake Brownies
    Reese Brownies

Last edited by NRAFL; 12-08-2012 at 02:49 PM.
    Si vis pacem, para bellum

^^^^^^^ Great looking holiday sweets there.

Grilled out this afternoon for the Bama-Notre Dame debacle.....

I was having a hankering for BBQ and decided to cook up a mess of it before he game this evening.

Cooked a 6 lb butt in the Big easy & used some for hash

And some pulled.

Big Easy does great on butts. I trim off the fat layer first....rub with Bad Byron's and cook.

After the rub set....the slabs looked good enough to eat raw!

And a good hot rub it was!

The pulled pork and hash really turned out well.......the ribs were too tender....falling off the bone as I plated them. Next time I'll adjust.

The glaze was tasty and tamed the heat.

Poor cellphone pics.

Too bad there isn't much excitement in the game thus far.....

Well.....had to cook up the three racks I had leftover from last weekend's rib sale.

It was 75 degrees here at the peak. Perfect grilling weather!

Fired up the lump at 9:00am. I'm sold on the Wicked Good brand. Huge chunks that burn evenly and yield consistent temps throughout.

After the fire took, I closed it and rough adjusted the dampers.

Thirty mins later the dome temp was holding at 250. The rub was glazing nicely, too.

I dropped in some chunks of hickory and apple wood.

I set the smoking stone and water tray in place along with the gratings. I foiled the smaller top rack where the smallest slab went.

Two larger slabs fit on the bottom with my Temp probe between them.

Rubbed them down while the coals got ready.

Pulled them after three hours smoking.

Wraps were ready

Ready

Ribs and collards destroyed.

Time to cleanup and get back to the game....Seahawks are dangerously close to a scrambling win from behind......

ABT's and Wangs.....

Requested by wife.

I aim to please.

I'd planned on doing some grillwork yesterday but I tweaked my knee and am hobbling 'round with a crutch. Made it fun at the grocery store....had to get out, though.

Thankfully I didn't fling these in my eyes while slicing & stuffing. That'd prolly finish me off.

Got them stuffed with cream cheese & little smokies and wrapped with glorious bacon.

Wangs hit with a bit of EVOO & dusted up.

Simply used the old coals left snuffed from the last time.

I'm letting the coals do their thing for a bit before I load it up.

Loaded up now.

I put some dry apple wood chunks over the coals, too. Smoke is rolling nicely. Bacon dripping over the wangs is like cheating.

Pretty much done, but I like the skins more crispy.

Easily done with a couple of squirts of apple juice.

Rolled 'em back to the center to sauce 'em up.

Very tasty!

Chicken and collards tonight

Didn't get started until halftime and have been severely delayed by the game!

Go Falcons!

Brushed and rubbed.

Coals ready.

Done!

Stuffed.

Kitchen cleaned up.

Dessert done.

Falcons kilt.....arghhhhh.

Pie made yesterday. Cheated and melted some butter 'n brown sugar on top this evening just before slicing it up.

Chicken and collards tonight

Didn't get started until halftime and have been severely delayed by the game!

Go Falcons!

Brushed and rubbed.

Coals ready.

Done!

Stuffed.

Kitchen cleaned up.

Falcons kilt.....arghhhhh.

Bellas, onions and tomatoes were great sides.

jafomofo has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jafomofo has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jafomofo has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jafomofo has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jafomofo has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jafomofo has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jafomofo has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jafomofo has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jafomofo has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jafomofo has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jafomofo has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    whats up with the discoloration of that last steak? If I wanted to BBQ short ribs can I just use a rub, then wrap them in foil and put them on the grill for.... how long? Doing them in the oven says 300 for 2 hours. That seems long to me.

What about making roasts in the same fashion? We crockpot them all day now and that works out ok but the meat is fatty. If I'm going to have the grill on for 2 hours I want to throw one of those in also and see what happens with it.
    "I'm not like most girls." -most girls

Originally Posted by jafomofo View Post
    whats up with the discoloration of that last steak? If I wanted to BBQ short ribs can I just use a rub, then wrap them in foil and put them on the grill for.... how long? Doing them in the oven says 300 for 2 hours. That seems long to me.

What about making roasts in the same fashion? We crockpot them all day now and that works out ok but the meat is fatty. If I'm going to have the grill on for 2 hours I want to throw one of those in also and see what happens with it.

My pics are all jumbled up between posts. Not sure why?

Steak was aged and then rub applied. Was outstanding.

My experience is mainly with pork spare fibs trimmed St. Lois style.

I've been using the "3-2-1" method lately and really liking it.

Grill at 225 entire time.

"3" hours bone side down and taking smoke heavily....no foil.

"2" hours meat side down wrapped in foil with butter, honey, turb sugar and 1/4 cup apple juice.

"1" hour opened up, meat side up and sauce if desired.

Ymmv so adjust times according to meat amounts

jafomofo has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jafomofo has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jafomofo has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jafomofo has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jafomofo has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jafomofo has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jafomofo has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jafomofo has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jafomofo has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jafomofo has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jafomofo has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    grilling a couple of chicken breasts at 12:30 am on a dark night with a warm winter rain == good time.

Do you do anything to clean or disinfect your grill? I clean the grates 1-2 times per year and scrape them obviously but I dunno. Is there a foodsafe cleaner that i should be using in between cooking?

joecam18 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) joecam18 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) joecam18 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) joecam18 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) joecam18 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) joecam18 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) joecam18 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) joecam18 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) joecam18 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) joecam18 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) joecam18 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Today's haul

yay its back! Heard on the radio this morning that 60% of all turkey brugers contain 'easily traceable amounts of fecal matter'.

Appetizing no?

Also

Ataglance1234 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Ataglance1234 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Ataglance1234 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Ataglance1234 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Ataglance1234 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Ataglance1234 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Ataglance1234 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Ataglance1234 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Ataglance1234 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Ataglance1234 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Ataglance1234 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    this thread officially belongs to DubfromGA

Registered User HairyScandinavian's Avatar
    HairyScandinavian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HairyScandinavian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HairyScandinavian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HairyScandinavian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HairyScandinavian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HairyScandinavian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HairyScandinavian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HairyScandinavian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HairyScandinavian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HairyScandinavian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HairyScandinavian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by Ataglance1234 View Post
    this thread officially belongs to DubfromGA
    He grills so much and so good it makes me sick, and I used to be a grilling mofo. If you're shopping for a grill (your other thread) you may be interested in that Egg grill he's got... very popular.

Did my first ribs of the year today.

6 hours at about 250-275 using 3-2-1 method
    Used apple wood
    coated with yellow mustard then rub and let it sit overnight
    basted with apple juice/jack daniels mix the first 3 hours

On the bottom after taking the membrane off

+

On the top my wife wanted this I've never put it on ribs before

Beginning

END! Yes there is a gap b/c they broke went I took them out of aluminum foil THAT tender

Might be some of my best yet.

Car Crew
    Only misc 8-5 crew M-F
    Android Crew
    Indie Music Crew
    Black girl magic crew
    Home chef crew
    Warzone 2 crew
    FJB

Originally Posted by HairyScandinavian View Post
    He grills so much and so good it makes me sick, and I used to be a grilling mofo. If you're shopping for a grill (your other thread) you may be interested in that Egg grill he's got... very popular.

Thank, bro.

Yes I grill often. Best way to ensure tasty protein is to DIY.

For $299 the CharGriller Akorn has been sweet. Perfect low cost way to see if Kamado grilling is for you.

After a year with this one, I'm sold on kamado grills. I'm saving up for a Kamado Joe Big Joe right now. It offers all the features I'm looking for.

Glad to see this thread is still alive.

I can do this all day Farley1324's Avatar
    Farley1324 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Farley1324 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Farley1324 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Farley1324 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Farley1324 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Farley1324 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Farley1324 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Farley1324 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Farley1324 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Farley1324 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Farley1324 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    These are surprisingly good. Grill right out of the box, frozen. Throw on some good seasoning while it's cooking, cheese...mmm mmmm good. Makes Omaha Steaks burgers (I made them side by side) taste like cardboard.

And only 35g of fat (15 saturated) per patty!

joecam18 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) joecam18 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) joecam18 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) joecam18 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) joecam18 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) joecam18 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) joecam18 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) joecam18 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) joecam18 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) joecam18 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) joecam18 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by Farley1324 View Post
    These are surprisingly good. Grill right out of the box, frozen. Throw on some good seasoning while it's cooking, cheese...mmm mmmm good. Makes Omaha Steaks burgers (I made them side by side) taste like cardboard.

And only 35g of fat (15 saturated) per patty!

literally just had these.... farley, are you my uncle? he was cooking these...

I can do this all day Farley1324's Avatar
    Farley1324 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Farley1324 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Farley1324 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Farley1324 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Farley1324 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Farley1324 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Farley1324 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Farley1324 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Farley1324 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Farley1324 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Farley1324 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by joecam18 View Post
    literally just had these.... farley, are you my uncle? he was cooking these...
    Wizard, I am.

Were you impress?

These will be my go-to for quick and easy burgers/grill food from now on. Just keep a box or two in the fridge (will try reduced fat for my wife next time, per her request) and throw them on the grill at a moment's notice.

I used Omaha Steak's seasoning on them and it was absolutely perfect.