Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread: GRILLN thread.

joecam18 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) joecam18 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) joecam18 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) joecam18 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) joecam18 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) joecam18 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) joecam18 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) joecam18 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) joecam18 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) joecam18 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) joecam18 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by psychowolverine View Post
    I like garlic powder and italian seasoning with EVOO.
    So noted! will try next time

psychowolverine has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) psychowolverine has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) psychowolverine has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) psychowolverine has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) psychowolverine has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) psychowolverine has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) psychowolverine has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) psychowolverine has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) psychowolverine has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) psychowolverine has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) psychowolverine has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Marinated the steaks in a little VSQ brandy, splash of White Zifandel, garlic powder, basil leaves, and some spicy season salt. It was pretty kick-ass!.

The dogs are cheddar filled and the lil smokies were added because I got tired of seeing them in the freezer. They turned out well on the veggie grilling tray.

BRB, going hunting...

Zombie Defense Expert El Gilbro's Avatar
    El Gilbro is a name known to all. (+5000) El Gilbro is a name known to all. (+5000) El Gilbro is a name known to all. (+5000) El Gilbro is a name known to all. (+5000) El Gilbro is a name known to all. (+5000) El Gilbro is a name known to all. (+5000) El Gilbro is a name known to all. (+5000) El Gilbro is a name known to all. (+5000) El Gilbro is a name known to all. (+5000) El Gilbro is a name known to all. (+5000) El Gilbro is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Grill is acting screwy right now. Burners light but flames are low and die out. Switched tanks thinking gas was low, same thing happened. On one hand I am disappoint...on the other hand this might = excuse to buy a new grill.

Steak_n_Taters has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Steak_n_Taters has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Steak_n_Taters has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Steak_n_Taters has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Steak_n_Taters has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Steak_n_Taters has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Steak_n_Taters has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Steak_n_Taters has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Steak_n_Taters has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Steak_n_Taters has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Steak_n_Taters has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Didn't see this thread, should have just posted this here instead of making a thread.

Just got this pit

Made some great flank steak and burgers the last couple of nights on the firebox.

Also, a little help on cuts of meat that tend to be a little on the tough side - these tenderizers by jaccard work well

Turbomunkey has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Turbomunkey has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Turbomunkey has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Turbomunkey has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Turbomunkey has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Turbomunkey has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Turbomunkey has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Turbomunkey has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Turbomunkey has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Turbomunkey has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Turbomunkey has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by El Gilbro View Post
    Grill is acting screwy right now. Burners light but flames are low and die out. Switched tanks thinking gas was low, same thing happened. On one hand I am disappoint...on the other hand this might = excuse to buy a new grill.
    Could be got youself two empties.

Registered User HairyScandinavian's Avatar
    HairyScandinavian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HairyScandinavian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HairyScandinavian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HairyScandinavian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HairyScandinavian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HairyScandinavian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HairyScandinavian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HairyScandinavian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HairyScandinavian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HairyScandinavian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HairyScandinavian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    So sorry for no pics, but grilled up "Redfish on the halfshell" while camping on the beach over the weekend. Brought my little grill, and YES a bag of Charcoal (ahhhhh) and it was of course freaking fantastic. Fish so fresh it was damn near still kicking when it hit the grill.

Redfish on the Halfshell is just a fillet with skin left on, hit the grill skin side down and rub with EVOO then dust with a good powder (I like Fiesta Chicken Rub on freaking everything) and grill until it flakes, eat with a fork off the skin.

DubfromGA has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DubfromGA has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DubfromGA has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DubfromGA has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DubfromGA has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DubfromGA has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DubfromGA has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DubfromGA has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DubfromGA has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DubfromGA has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DubfromGA has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by HairyScandinavian View Post
    So sorry for no pics, but grilled up "Redfish on the halfshell" while camping on the beach over the weekend. Brought my little grill, and YES a bag of Charcoal (ahhhhh) and it was of course freaking fantastic. Fish so fresh it was damn near still kicking when it hit the grill.

Redfish on the Halfshell is just a fillet with skin left on, hit the grill skin side down and rub with EVOO then dust with a good powder (I like Fiesta Chicken Rub on freaking everything) and grill until it flakes, eat with a fork off the skin.
    Sounds great, right there!!!!!

Originally Posted by Steak_n_Taters View Post
    Didn't see this thread, should have just posted this here instead of making a thread.

Just got this pit

Made some great flank steak and burgers the last couple of nights on the firebox.

Also, a little help on cuts of meat that tend to be a little on the tough side - these tenderizers by jaccard work well

That's one bad azz looking pit, dude. A man could do much with that.
    I may look like Santa Claus.....but I'm feeling like Elvis...........

Steak_n_Taters has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Steak_n_Taters has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Steak_n_Taters has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Steak_n_Taters has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Steak_n_Taters has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Steak_n_Taters has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Steak_n_Taters has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Steak_n_Taters has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Steak_n_Taters has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Steak_n_Taters has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Steak_n_Taters has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by DubfromGA View Post
    Sounds great, right there!!!!!

That's one bad azz looking pit, dude. A man could do much with that.
    Thanks man. It's all 1/4" steel, heavy as ****, but holds temps well. Once you get it where you want it, it's pretty easy to keep it there.

psychowolverine has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) psychowolverine has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) psychowolverine has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) psychowolverine has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) psychowolverine has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) psychowolverine has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) psychowolverine has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) psychowolverine has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) psychowolverine has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) psychowolverine has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) psychowolverine has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I had same issue... You may need a new regulator hose.

You can also try this:
    Disconnect hose from tank and turn on all the burners. Let it sit for a few minutes and then turn off burners. Reconnect the hose to the tank and slowly turn on the tank all the way. Open up the burners and ignite them.

I found turning on tank all the way before opening up burners helped solve my problem.
    BRB, going hunting...

Nice pit S&T!

Now where arae the food pics?
    BRB, going hunting...

Nice pit S&T!

Now where arae the food pics?
    Will have some today - just started the fire at 5:30 this morning, about to throw the 10lb brisket on.

BRB not eating for 12 hours.

El Gilbro is a name known to all. (+5000) El Gilbro is a name known to all. (+5000) El Gilbro is a name known to all. (+5000) El Gilbro is a name known to all. (+5000) El Gilbro is a name known to all. (+5000) El Gilbro is a name known to all. (+5000) El Gilbro is a name known to all. (+5000) El Gilbro is a name known to all. (+5000) El Gilbro is a name known to all. (+5000) El Gilbro is a name known to all. (+5000) El Gilbro is a name known to all. (+5000)
    I had same issue... You may need a new regulator hose.

You can also try this:
    Disconnect hose from tank and turn on all the burners. Let it sit for a few minutes and then turn off burners. Reconnect the hose to the tank and slowly turn on the tank all the way. Open up the burners and ignite them.

I found turning on tank all the way before opening up burners helped solve my problem.
    I think it is a hose issue. I cleaned the grill through and through. When I finished, it fired right up. The next day at lunch time, it had low flames again. Disconnected the hose and reconnected it at a different angle and it fired up again. We'll see how it behaves tomorrow. I'll probably end up with a new grill by the end of the year.

Has anybody done grilled watermelon? I saw it in a magazine (reader's digest?) and it piqued my interest. I'm going to try it tomorrow. I was curious if anybody had experience with it.

DubfromGA has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DubfromGA has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DubfromGA has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DubfromGA has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DubfromGA has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DubfromGA has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DubfromGA has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DubfromGA has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DubfromGA has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DubfromGA has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DubfromGA has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)

Grub for lunch...

Chicken breasts with EVOO brushed on & coated with Dizzy Dust rub.

Rub does take on a char appearance but it's tasty. I want to try their salt free version, too.

TeamManlet1 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) TeamManlet1 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) TeamManlet1 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) TeamManlet1 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) TeamManlet1 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) TeamManlet1 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) TeamManlet1 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) TeamManlet1 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) TeamManlet1 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) TeamManlet1 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) TeamManlet1 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    never got to run gaslines to my good weber since moving, got a classic charcoal webber the other day, forgot to buy lighter fluid...attempted to light the coals w goo gone+starter fluid...with no hair on my right hand i finally had enough charcoals turning white to cook a single burger at a time....nothing pic worthy

HairyScandinavian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HairyScandinavian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HairyScandinavian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HairyScandinavian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HairyScandinavian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HairyScandinavian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HairyScandinavian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HairyScandinavian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HairyScandinavian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HairyScandinavian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HairyScandinavian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by TeamManlet1 View Post
    never got to run gaslines to my good weber since moving, got a classic charcoal webber the other day, forgot to buy lighter fluid...attempted to light the coals w goo gone+starter fluid...with no hair on my right hand i finally had enough charcoals turning white to cook a single burger at a time....nothing pic worthy
    lol wtf, how'd the food taste? I can taste lighter fluid in the food when I use it so don't do that very often. Dry Mesquite wood can be started easily with just a propane torch or a little bit of paper and some barked chipped off the wood.

Has anybody done grilled watermelon? I saw it in a magazine (reader's digest?) and it piqued my interest. I'm going to try it tomorrow. I was curious if anybody had experience with it.
    Please report back. Has me interested. I have a watermelon in the fridge now.

Sundays grillings. Nothing special but it sure was good. I really like soaking the corn in water for 10+ minutes and grilling in the husk. Beats having to shuck it and then wrap in foil.
    BRB, going hunting...

TeamManlet1 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) TeamManlet1 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) TeamManlet1 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) TeamManlet1 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) TeamManlet1 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) TeamManlet1 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) TeamManlet1 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) TeamManlet1 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) TeamManlet1 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) TeamManlet1 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) TeamManlet1 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by HairyScandinavian View Post
    lol wtf, how'd the food taste? I can taste lighter fluid in the food when I use it so don't do that very often. Dry Mesquite wood can be started easily with just a propane torch or a little bit of paper and some barked chipped off the wood.
    idk, the goof off or whatever got it started. all the lighter fluid did was make huge flames and didnt light a single coal after i sprayed it on for a good 30 seconds. im used to using a gas grill so i didnt have a torch or anything on hand, my bro said next time i can just use newspaper under the charcoals...thoughts? probably gonna save myself the frustration and get lighter fluid either way but was intradesting thought. the burger tasted fine however

idk, the goof off or whatever got it started. all the lighter fluid did was make huge flames and didnt light a single coal after i sprayed it on for a good 30 seconds. im used to using a gas grill so i didnt have a torch or anything on hand, my bro said next time i can just use newspaper under the charcoals...thoughts? probably gonna save myself the frustration and get lighter fluid either way but was intradesting thought. the burger tasted fine however
    When using charcoal ive always used lighter fluid to get them going. I dont taste it in my food though. If I use paper id rather use something that is clean. No ink and what not even if it likely burns off before food touches the grate.
    BRB, going hunting...

When using charcoal ive always used lighter fluid to get them going. I dont taste it in my food though. If I use paper id rather use something that is clean. No ink and what not even if it likely burns off before food touches the grate.
    noted. ive eaten off worse before tho so im not all that worried cause if i do use newspapers etc itd only be a few times before i get around to getting some lighter fluid

If I don't have a torch handy and I'm using charcoal as opposed to real wood I'll rip down the paper bag of the charcoal and use that to get it going. If you have a charcoal chimney it's super easy, fill with CC and then put some paper underneath it, light and come back in 20 minutes. If you're just piling it up you need to be sure to create some air space for the paper to burn properly and maybe crumble it up a bit or stack it before stacking the CC over it. Same thing with real wood, chip some bark off of your grilling wood and then you can use a small piece of paper underneath the bark chips with the wood teepee'd over that to burn upwards.

noted. ive eaten off worse before tho so im not all that worried cause if i do use newspapers etc itd only be a few times before i get around to getting some lighter fluid
    He just used Goof Off to start his last fire, I don't think he's worried about ink on the paper. LOL

ive survived alot worse, if some chemicals are gonna kill me so be it.

i doesnt afraid of anything

Grilled Watermelon: It's....different. Granted, the watermelon that ended up on the grill wasn't the best quality so that may have affected it a little but nobody was a big fan of it. I ate a bunch of slices myself but I much prefer eating it regularly. It's definitely not like grilled corn on the cob or baked potatoes that are so awesome I can never eat regular corn on the cob/baked potatoes again. It's something that I might try again when I have a better quality watermelon, but it would only be one slice to see if there's any difference.

Grilled mango is something I want to try, though. Seems to me that mango would come out better than watermelon just based on the texture.

Grilled Watermelon: It's....different. Granted, the watermelon that ended up on the grill wasn't the best quality so that may have affected it a little but nobody was a big fan of it. I ate a bunch of slices myself but I much prefer eating it regularly. It's definitely not like grilled corn on the cob or baked potatoes that are so awesome I can never eat regular corn on the cob/baked potatoes again. It's something that I might try again when I have a better quality watermelon, but it would only be one slice to see if there's any difference.

Grilled mango is something I want to try, though. Seems to me that mango would come out better than watermelon just based on the texture.
    When you saw the grilled watermelon online or where ever you saw it, did it say anything about what it is suppose to do to the taste or anything?

The only grilled fruit ive had is pineapple.
    BRB, going hunting...

When you saw the grilled watermelon online or where ever you saw it, did it say anything about what it is suppose to do to the taste or anything?

Grilled pineapple is awesome. Try putting some Pineapple Head rub on it before grilling. Flavor is beyond description. Guests will eat it all before you can hardly get it off the grill.

Grilled watermelon? I just can't see it.

It said that since watermelon is mostly water that grilling it would evaporate some of it thus intensifying the flavor while giving it a hint of smoky flavor. I'd describe it as a slightly singed taste with an altered texture.

I definitely have to try pineapple. That sounds awesome.

grass got lit on fire the other day, normally doesnt look that bad

Guys talking about starting your coals, get one of these:

They are like 10 bucks, and you no longer need lighter fluid. You start it with balled up newspaper or paper towels or whatever you have laying around, gets your coals ready and evenly going in 15-20 minutes.

Wife is suppose to be picking up some stuff to grill out tomorrow.. No idea what she has in mind though...

I need to do some chops real soon. Havent had any on the grill yt this year. Kabobs are a must at some point too.

Im thinking of grilling some cornish hens... Anyone tried it?
    BRB, going hunting...

Gotta eat hearty...taking my son to his first WWE event tonight. Have no idea what to expect but want to be well fed at least.

Haven't tried this rub before but if it's anything like their other rubs it will be great.

Sweet potatoes 'n chops cooking now. Gonna throw on some steaks, too. Bought a whole ribeye last week & had it sliced. Great deal. Marinade seems to be taking well.

Chops turned out great. Nice flavor & heat on that rub, too.

Last edited by DubfromGA; 06-04-2012 at 09:59 AM.