Page 1 of 13 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast
    brighamw has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) brighamw has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) brighamw has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) brighamw has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) brighamw has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) brighamw has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) brighamw has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) brighamw has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) brighamw has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) brighamw has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) brighamw has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)

Students crash college meeting, chanting 'no cuts, no fees, education should be free'

http://apnews.myway.com/article/20120404/D9TU0LV00.html

'no cuts, no fees, education should be free'

WTF!

Who raised these little parasites?

Question for those who support this...

In your ideal world after you finished your 'free' education why should you get paid?

I'm sure a lot of these wonderful contributing members of society are studying to be teachers themselves, education should be free, right?

What about the ones who become Doctors? Health care's a basic human right & should be free, right?

You see, the problem with 'dirty hippies' for lack of a better term

Is they lack a basic understanding that NOTHING is really ever free.

Somebody, somewhere pays for it, whether it be tax payers, the gov (who then gains control over your daily life), etc...

Please someone explain to me by what means these 'free' & 'basic human rights' should be paid for & provided by???

GoJu is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) GoJu is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) GoJu is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) GoJu is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) GoJu is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) GoJu is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) GoJu is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) GoJu is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) GoJu is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) GoJu is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) GoJu is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by brighamw View Post

WTF!

In your ideal world after you finished your 'free' education why should you get paid?

I'm sure a lot of these wonderful contributing members of society are studying to be teachers themselves, education should be free, right?

What about the ones who become Doctors? Health care's a basic human right & should be free, right?

Somebody, somewhere pays for it, whether it be tax payers, the gov (who then gains control over your daily life), etc...

Please someone explain to me by what means these 'free' & 'basic human rights' should be paid for & provided by???

In several countries in Europe education is provided for by the government and these people don't seem to have a problem with it; education is 'free' for all intents and purposes in the same way that their healthcare is 'free' ie it's paid for by the taxes.

I had an engineering professor from Belgium who said his education there was free, but he had to place into it and he could not fuk up a single class or he'd be dropped (or something along those lines).

Basic health care should be a human right, as should basic education; saying so doesn't make that person a parasite; why conservatives want a majority voting population made up of sick, ignorant, poor people is beyond me.
    'Prior to the Department of Education, there was no illiteracy'

- Stizzel

Streetbull has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Streetbull has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Streetbull has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Streetbull has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Streetbull has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Streetbull has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Streetbull has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Streetbull has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Streetbull has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Streetbull has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Streetbull has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)

WTF!

It never dawns on them that (1) civilisation ends where the gun begins and (2) once they have their education they will be the ones to be drained.

Of course, long before then, investors throw their hands in the air and say: "Why should I invest in THIS country, where plunder is the watchword and a seedy little college professor named Obama thinks more taxes and regulations is the pathway to the future?"...oh wait, they're doing that already.
    “From this day to the ending of the world,
    But we in it shall be rememberèd—
    We few, we happy few, we band of brothers;
    For he to-day that sheds his blood with me
    Shall be my brother...”

GoJu is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) GoJu is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) GoJu is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) GoJu is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) GoJu is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) GoJu is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) GoJu is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) GoJu is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) GoJu is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) GoJu is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) GoJu is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by Streetbull View Post
    It never dawns on them that (1) civilisation ends where the gun begins and (2) once they have their education they will be the ones to be drained.

Of course, long before then, investors throw their hands in the air and say: "Why should I invest in THIS country, where plunder is the watchword and a seedy little college professor named Obama thinks more taxes and regulations is the pathway to the future?"...oh wait, they're doing that already.
    Most first world countries have universal healthcare and 'free' education.

- Stizzel

DennisR1977 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DennisR1977 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DennisR1977 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DennisR1977 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DennisR1977 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DennisR1977 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DennisR1977 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DennisR1977 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DennisR1977 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DennisR1977 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DennisR1977 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Gimme gimme gimme, mine mine mine! What happened to earning your own? People are so scared to roll up their sleeves and earn their own keep. This entitlement crap is sickening.

WTF!

DennisR1977 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DennisR1977 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DennisR1977 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DennisR1977 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DennisR1977 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DennisR1977 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DennisR1977 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DennisR1977 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DennisR1977 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DennisR1977 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DennisR1977 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    So if you don't get a college education, you're ignorant and poor? The world needs ditch diggers and trades people. I earn a great living working in the trades as a millwright.

Originally Posted by GoJu View Post
    In several countries in Europe education is provided for by the government and these people don't seem to have a problem with it; education is 'free' for all intents and purposes in the same way that their healthcare is 'free' ie it's paid for by the taxes.

I had an engineering professor from Belgium who said his education there was free, but he had to place into it and he could not fuk up a single class or he'd be dropped (or something along those lines).

Basic health care should be a human right, as should basic education; saying so doesn't make that person a parasite; why conservatives want a majority voting population made up of sick, ignorant, poor people is beyond me.

Originally Posted by DennisR1977 View Post
    So if you don't get a college education, you're ignorant?.
    Yes,...

- Stizzel

Gimme gimme gimme, mine mine mine! What happened to earning your own? People are so scared to roll up their sleeves and earn their own keep. This entitlement crap is sickening.
    There is no contradiction between universal education/healthcare and earning your own, european countries with universal healthcare and education don't seem to be scared to roll up their sleeves and take care of their own...

- Stizzel

georgiadsm is a jewel in the rough. (+500) georgiadsm is a jewel in the rough. (+500) georgiadsm is a jewel in the rough. (+500) georgiadsm is a jewel in the rough. (+500) georgiadsm is a jewel in the rough. (+500) georgiadsm is a jewel in the rough. (+500) georgiadsm is a jewel in the rough. (+500) georgiadsm is a jewel in the rough. (+500) georgiadsm is a jewel in the rough. (+500) georgiadsm is a jewel in the rough. (+500) georgiadsm is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Education and health care are not human rights. They are both services provided by another person. What kind of "right" imposes obligations on another party?

amtharin is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) amtharin is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) amtharin is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) amtharin is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) amtharin is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) amtharin is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) amtharin is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) amtharin is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) amtharin is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) amtharin is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) amtharin is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Education should pay for itself, so essentially it is free over time.

Originally Posted by georgiadsm View Post
    Education and health care are not human rights. They are both services provided by another person. What kind of "right" imposes obligations on another party?
    The European countries where education and health care are rights seem not to care with this 'obligation' as universal health care and education are seen as things that make the country better and not an 'obligation'.

- Stizzel

Streetbull has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Streetbull has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Streetbull has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Streetbull has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Streetbull has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Streetbull has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Streetbull has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Streetbull has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Streetbull has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Streetbull has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Streetbull has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Most first world countries have universal healthcare and 'free' education.
    So THAT'S why the unemployment rate in the Eurozone is 10.8% and their southern economies are having riots and shortages...thanks...got it.
    Shall be my brother...”

tsbalr120 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) tsbalr120 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) tsbalr120 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) tsbalr120 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) tsbalr120 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) tsbalr120 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) tsbalr120 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) tsbalr120 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) tsbalr120 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) tsbalr120 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) tsbalr120 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    You get free education til 12th grade, everything after that, earn it. Nobody will give you **** in the real world

LOGfan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LOGfan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LOGfan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LOGfan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LOGfan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LOGfan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LOGfan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LOGfan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LOGfan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LOGfan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LOGfan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Yeah, like that'll happen. Americans hate education.
    Google 'Jury Nullification'

The release of atom power has changed everything except our way of thinking. The solution to this problem lies in the heart of mankind. If only I had known, I should have become a watchmaker - Albert Einstein

Only after the last tree is cut, the last river poisoned, and the last fish caught, will you realize money cannot be eaten - Cree Nation Proverb

Originally Posted by LOGfan View Post
    Yes, that must be it, and not that I already pay around 40% of my salary in taxes already. Not to mention all the other taxes on top of my income taxes as well, like property, sales, and gas taxes.

Yes,...
    That's what you're implying when you say you don't understand why conservatives want a voting population made up of ignorant poor people.

Maybe people are sick of being taxed so heavily.

LOGfan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LOGfan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LOGfan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LOGfan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LOGfan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LOGfan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LOGfan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LOGfan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LOGfan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LOGfan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LOGfan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Yes, that must be it, and not that I already pay around 40% of my salary in taxes already. Not to mention all the other taxes on top of my income taxes as well, like property, sales, and gas taxes.
    Stop pretending you care as trillions vanish through your military/banking/drugwar juggernauts. The only time Americans show any concern about how their money is spent is when FOX News cries bloody murder, and the only time that happens is when money is even suggested of being spent towards more productive social policies.
    Google 'Jury Nullification'

The release of atom power has changed everything except our way of thinking. The solution to this problem lies in the heart of mankind. If only I had known, I should have become a watchmaker - Albert Einstein

Only after the last tree is cut, the last river poisoned, and the last fish caught, will you realize money cannot be eaten - Cree Nation Proverb

amtharin is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) amtharin is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) amtharin is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) amtharin is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) amtharin is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) amtharin is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) amtharin is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) amtharin is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) amtharin is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) amtharin is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) amtharin is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Not me, I wanted to go to college until I was 60, and wanted it to be free.

tsbalr120 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) tsbalr120 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) tsbalr120 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) tsbalr120 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) tsbalr120 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) tsbalr120 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) tsbalr120 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) tsbalr120 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) tsbalr120 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) tsbalr120 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) tsbalr120 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    more productive social policies.
    lolllll

really smart kids go to college for free to big schools

pretty smart kids go to state college for free

semi smart colleges go to local colleges for free

A local college near my home town gave kids full rides for making a 18 on the ACT, which is pretty ****ing low, I made a 27 my first time

College is not for everyone, there are some people who with a lack of better terms is too dumb to go to college, taxing even more for them to go is a waste.

Most of this protesting is because they get a bull**** liberal arts degree, and can't find a job then complain because they racked up student loans to get a degree in poetry. derp

frasersteen is a name known to all. (+5000) frasersteen is a name known to all. (+5000) frasersteen is a name known to all. (+5000) frasersteen is a name known to all. (+5000) frasersteen is a name known to all. (+5000) frasersteen is a name known to all. (+5000) frasersteen is a name known to all. (+5000) frasersteen is a name known to all. (+5000) frasersteen is a name known to all. (+5000) frasersteen is a name known to all. (+5000) frasersteen is a name known to all. (+5000)

This, I can understand the arguments regarding healthcare but kids haven't had the opportunities yet to get the chance to pay for their own education.

IMO free (gov funded) education up to and including university education is something that every country should have.

It's not a cost, it's an investment risk.

CoolDehLa will become famous soon enough. (+50) CoolDehLa will become famous soon enough. (+50) CoolDehLa will become famous soon enough. (+50) CoolDehLa will become famous soon enough. (+50) CoolDehLa will become famous soon enough. (+50) CoolDehLa will become famous soon enough. (+50) CoolDehLa will become famous soon enough. (+50) CoolDehLa will become famous soon enough. (+50) CoolDehLa will become famous soon enough. (+50) CoolDehLa will become famous soon enough. (+50) CoolDehLa will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    agree with the part that education should be free. Since when do people have to pay for knowledge ? Madness. Knowledge is a right, not a privilege
    I ALWAYS rep back(srs)
    ModNegged 06-12-2012

<;,>< Official Evolutionist Federation <;,><

SYRIANKID: So to reiterate, I'm presenting evidence, it's not peer-reviewed in any scientific journal.
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=109235951&p=192635491#post192635491

Stizzel has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Stizzel has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Stizzel has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Stizzel has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Stizzel has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Stizzel has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Stizzel has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Stizzel has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Stizzel has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Stizzel has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Stizzel has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Well the government has been teaching them how to be functionally retarded for 12 years so no reason to be surprised.
    Official misc attaché to the Kremlin
    Наше дело правое.
    Враг будет разбит.
    Победа будет за нами!

Originally Posted by CoolDehLa View Post
    agree with the part that education should be free. Since when do people have to pay for knowledge ? Madness. Knowledge is a right, not a privilege
    Your 'free' is someone else's tax bill.

How does someone have the right to hire a thug-government that takes from one citizen and gives the plunder to another?

People who hire thugs to rob for them, even though the thugs are legalised criminals, have no right to call themselves 'civilised'.
    Shall be my brother...”

SpyderTT is a name known to all. (+5000) SpyderTT is a name known to all. (+5000) SpyderTT is a name known to all. (+5000) SpyderTT is a name known to all. (+5000) SpyderTT is a name known to all. (+5000) SpyderTT is a name known to all. (+5000) SpyderTT is a name known to all. (+5000) SpyderTT is a name known to all. (+5000) SpyderTT is a name known to all. (+5000) SpyderTT is a name known to all. (+5000) SpyderTT is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Didn't Ron Paul speak about Gov. Subsidized loans driving up the cost of College?

I have seen companies requiring Bachelor's degree for employments, and then only paying $13 per hour. How is $50000 in tuition over 4 years make sense if you are only going to make that much money?
    IM Tri Crew - Misc Photog Crew - ♞ Misc Dominant Crew ♞ - Bicycle Brah Crew - Misc Running Crew - Alpine Ski Crew

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - http://www.velominati.com/the-rules/ - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

UThinkImCute is on a distinguished road. (+10) UThinkImCute is on a distinguished road. (+10) UThinkImCute is on a distinguished road. (+10) UThinkImCute is on a distinguished road. (+10) UThinkImCute is on a distinguished road. (+10) UThinkImCute is on a distinguished road. (+10) UThinkImCute is on a distinguished road. (+10) UThinkImCute is on a distinguished road. (+10) UThinkImCute is on a distinguished road. (+10) UThinkImCute is on a distinguished road. (+10) UThinkImCute is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by Stizzel View Post
    Well the government has been teaching them how to be functionally retarded for 12 years so no reason to be surprised.
    Lol, this.
    If you rep or neg me you're a ******* (srs)

-Surf porn and download torrents at work crew
    -Guilty until proven innocent crew
    -Socially conservative and fiscally liberal crew
    -Santorum 2016 crew

kusok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kusok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kusok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kusok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kusok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kusok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kusok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kusok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kusok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kusok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kusok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Why don't they call it what it really is thou?

How about some honesty? It's not free, but also when socialists/communists/nazi (all same thing aka intervention/force and central control) say it's paid by taxes, they are also engaging in a cover-up lie to make it sound better. You see, they should be honest and not hide behind the impersonal word "taxes". they should call it what it really is: those in power taking my money by force, and giving it to someone else (usually a billionaire Wall Street banker to pay interest on their debt-money system, bureaucrat, or a Pentagon contractor)

So, this is what "free" medical care or eduction is really: taking a person's money by force, and giving it to someone else.

Basically extortion.

kusok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kusok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kusok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kusok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kusok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kusok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kusok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kusok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kusok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kusok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kusok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by CoolDehLa View Post
    If knowledge is self-provided, then you're right! It's then your right to educate yourself, and is 100% free.

But if you have someone (like teachers) teach you the knowledge, who pays the teachers? It's not free, unless they wish to teach you for free.

Vito-C has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Vito-C has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Vito-C has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Vito-C has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Vito-C has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Vito-C has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Vito-C has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Vito-C has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Vito-C has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Vito-C has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Vito-C has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Dr. Paul & Peter Schiff made the best point in my opinion regarding this, my mind was blown.

College/University would be nowhere near as expensive if the government did not provide student loans. These loans forever haunt you, can't declare bankruptcy, even if you die they are passed onto family, etc. If these loans didn't exist, very few people would be able to afford post-secondary. Colleges/Universities would then be forced to greatly lower tuition to accommodate the market.

Never thought of it that way, most people just think "geewiz it sure is nice of the government to hand me all this debt!"

And no, you couldn't simply substitute them for bank loans, good luck getting a loan that size at 18. Good luck trying to get a loan from the bank through your parents who can only collateral it with their house, which already isn't worth anywhere near the original mortgage or a 2nd mortgage
    Last edited by Vito-C; 04-04-2012 at 12:04 PM.
    Trump/DeSantis 2024

rotarnomore will become famous soon enough. (+50) rotarnomore will become famous soon enough. (+50) rotarnomore will become famous soon enough. (+50) rotarnomore will become famous soon enough. (+50) rotarnomore will become famous soon enough. (+50) rotarnomore will become famous soon enough. (+50) rotarnomore will become famous soon enough. (+50) rotarnomore will become famous soon enough. (+50) rotarnomore will become famous soon enough. (+50) rotarnomore will become famous soon enough. (+50) rotarnomore will become famous soon enough. (+50)

This is actually a good argument but I have some counter arguments.
    1. If the education is "free", who determines the pay of the professors?
    2. Should any college education be free? You use in your example the profession of Engineering. That is a bit of a strawman because that is a very technical field in high demand. What about somebody who really loves gymnastics. Should that be a free college education?
    3. Along the lines of #2, shouldn't the degree have to pay for itself in order to make it worthwhile? I have always looked at college as an investment. You put time and money in with the incentive of a higher payback over time. The free market determines the price of the payback. Free education would be manipulating the market.

Calhexas is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Calhexas is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Calhexas is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Calhexas is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Calhexas is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Calhexas is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Calhexas is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Calhexas is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Calhexas is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Calhexas is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Calhexas is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)

WTF!

There is a free education. It's called wikipedia. You want access to specialized and structured education? Spend the money that pays for the time and services of the people teaching and the people that run the institution.

Common sense.