presscheck40 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Meeting with a trainer

Ok so I'm new to all of this but I am very serious about bodybuilding and really want to make a go with it. My question is I am meeting with a trainer tomorrow what are some things I should make sure to ask? I am 33 years old and I am about right at 6'0 and weight 237 lbs. Being a police officer I would like to have a good handle on upper body strength to hold my own in a physical altercation and be sound in the cardio department for the occasional foot chase that in the past have been a very weak participant. Any and all recommendations are appreciated in advance.
    Last edited by presscheck40; 04-03-2012 at 01:03 PM.

Team MuscleTech Rep MuscleTechMarc's Avatar
    MuscleTechMarc will become famous soon enough. (+50) MuscleTechMarc will become famous soon enough. (+50) MuscleTechMarc will become famous soon enough. (+50) MuscleTechMarc will become famous soon enough. (+50) MuscleTechMarc will become famous soon enough. (+50) MuscleTechMarc will become famous soon enough. (+50) MuscleTechMarc will become famous soon enough. (+50) MuscleTechMarc will become famous soon enough. (+50) MuscleTechMarc will become famous soon enough. (+50) MuscleTechMarc will become famous soon enough. (+50) MuscleTechMarc will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Just be very specific in communicating your goals and describe your day-to-day activities in detail to ensure their program design meets your specific needs.

presscheck40 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    A little delayed but I met with my trainer and got my routine started. He started me on a super clean diet and lots of instruction on weights and equal amount of cardio.

netopia is just really nice. (+1000) netopia is just really nice. (+1000) netopia is just really nice. (+1000) netopia is just really nice. (+1000) netopia is just really nice. (+1000) netopia is just really nice. (+1000) netopia is just really nice. (+1000) netopia is just really nice. (+1000) netopia is just really nice. (+1000) netopia is just really nice. (+1000) netopia is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by presscheck40 View Post
    A little delayed but I met with my trainer and got my routine started. He started me on a super clean diet and lots of instruction on weights and equal amount of cardio.
    Whats the "super clean diet" consist of?
    Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover

Keltron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keltron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keltron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keltron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keltron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keltron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keltron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keltron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keltron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keltron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keltron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    If you want to perform better as a cop, you should do strength and conditioning, not bodybuilding.
    Sept of Baelor was an inside job. Wildfire can't melt stone masonry.

Home gym 'til I die. ProtienandIron's Avatar
    ProtienandIron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ProtienandIron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ProtienandIron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ProtienandIron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ProtienandIron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ProtienandIron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ProtienandIron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ProtienandIron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ProtienandIron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ProtienandIron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ProtienandIron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by Keltron View Post
    If you want to perform better as a cop, you should do strength and conditioning, not bodybuilding.
    Also, throw in some martial arts training such as MMA. When it comes to altercations you can double your strength through good tecnique.
    My training log:
    ---------------
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=153596291&p=1062453741#post1062453741

[]---[] Equipment Crew #43 []---[]
    -!!!---!!!- No Excuses Homemade Equipment Crew #1 -!!!---!!!-
    ()---() York Barbell Club #4 ()---()

Quistfitness has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Quistfitness has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Quistfitness has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Quistfitness has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Quistfitness has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Quistfitness has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Quistfitness has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Quistfitness has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Quistfitness has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Quistfitness has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Quistfitness has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I would bring up the idea of high intensity interval training. This is because whil eon patrole the odds of you getting in a rapid (under 30 second) confrontation is much greater than a prolonged bout (over 30 seconds).
    You better enjoy the ride, because its a long road.

Starting the Slow Cut CertifiedMuscle's Avatar
    CertifiedMuscle will become famous soon enough. (+50) CertifiedMuscle will become famous soon enough. (+50) CertifiedMuscle will become famous soon enough. (+50) CertifiedMuscle will become famous soon enough. (+50) CertifiedMuscle will become famous soon enough. (+50) CertifiedMuscle will become famous soon enough. (+50) CertifiedMuscle will become famous soon enough. (+50) CertifiedMuscle will become famous soon enough. (+50) CertifiedMuscle will become famous soon enough. (+50) CertifiedMuscle will become famous soon enough. (+50) CertifiedMuscle will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by ProtienandIron View Post
    Also, throw in some martial arts training such as MMA. When it comes to altercations you can double your strength through good tecnique.
    I find it amusing that you used "MMA" and "good technique" in the same post.

tylerpritchard_7 is on a distinguished road. (+10) tylerpritchard_7 is on a distinguished road. (+10) tylerpritchard_7 is on a distinguished road. (+10) tylerpritchard_7 is on a distinguished road. (+10) tylerpritchard_7 is on a distinguished road. (+10) tylerpritchard_7 is on a distinguished road. (+10) tylerpritchard_7 is on a distinguished road. (+10) tylerpritchard_7 is on a distinguished road. (+10) tylerpritchard_7 is on a distinguished road. (+10) tylerpritchard_7 is on a distinguished road. (+10) tylerpritchard_7 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    The average police chase is around 2.5 minutes orso I thought I read, so train your body for that. Also, S and C would be better than training for bodybuilding. Doesn't your police organization offer some sort of training or at least information on training?
    I love lifting plates and bars.
    YouTube - TheTylerPritchard

1st meet - 630kg @ 103 raw (June 8th, 2013)
    2nd meet goals 675 @ 105 (Sept 2013)

Starting the Slow Cut CertifiedMuscle's Avatar
    CertifiedMuscle will become famous soon enough. (+50) CertifiedMuscle will become famous soon enough. (+50) CertifiedMuscle will become famous soon enough. (+50) CertifiedMuscle will become famous soon enough. (+50) CertifiedMuscle will become famous soon enough. (+50) CertifiedMuscle will become famous soon enough. (+50) CertifiedMuscle will become famous soon enough. (+50) CertifiedMuscle will become famous soon enough. (+50) CertifiedMuscle will become famous soon enough. (+50) CertifiedMuscle will become famous soon enough. (+50) CertifiedMuscle will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Am I the only one who realizes that OP is currently a police officer who wishes to become a bodybuilder?
    It doesn't sound like he's trying to train for bodybuilding in order to enhance his law-enforcement career. Obviously he needs strength and (mostly) conditioning for the physical demands of law enforcement, but it sounds like he wants to get into bodybuilding for his own enjoyment.

bbrock293 will become famous soon enough. (+50) bbrock293 will become famous soon enough. (+50) bbrock293 will become famous soon enough. (+50) bbrock293 will become famous soon enough. (+50) bbrock293 will become famous soon enough. (+50) bbrock293 will become famous soon enough. (+50) bbrock293 will become famous soon enough. (+50) bbrock293 will become famous soon enough. (+50) bbrock293 will become famous soon enough. (+50) bbrock293 will become famous soon enough. (+50) bbrock293 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by netopia View Post
    Whats the "super clean diet" consist of?
    You know exactly what he means.

Quistfitness has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Quistfitness has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Quistfitness has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Quistfitness has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Quistfitness has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Quistfitness has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Quistfitness has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Quistfitness has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Quistfitness has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Quistfitness has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Quistfitness has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by bbrock293 View Post
    You know exactly what he means.
    It means wash your food really really well. Think racoon style.
    You better enjoy the ride, because its a long road.