jamesmetal24 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) jamesmetal24 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) jamesmetal24 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) jamesmetal24 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) jamesmetal24 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) jamesmetal24 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) jamesmetal24 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) jamesmetal24 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) jamesmetal24 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) jamesmetal24 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) jamesmetal24 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank)

BWTG Swiss/Football Bar Review

Hey everyone,
    My football bar came today, just after I worked out :-(. I'm lifting tomorrow and doing some standing shoulder presses, so I can give everyone a sold review on how it actually works, but here ya go....

Arrived WELL packed.

Opened, welded very well, nice finish

7' So its rackable!

So far so good, it could be a pretty good answer to the Powertec Pull-up handles, throw the bar on top of the cage and there ya go, monkey bar. It looks very high quality, can't wait to get down tomorrow to start using it in my routines as a complement to the straight bar.
    ------Gear-----------------
    Powertec Rack and Bench
    Ironmaster Dumbbells
    7' Swiss/Football Bar, 7' Hex Bar
    -----Supplements-----------
    NOW Whey Isolate Unflavored
    Sportpharma Joint-V and Multi-V
    NO CREATINE. NO PRE-WORKOUT SUPPLEMENTS.
    NO TEST BOOSTERS.

jamesmetal24 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) jamesmetal24 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) jamesmetal24 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) jamesmetal24 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) jamesmetal24 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) jamesmetal24 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) jamesmetal24 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) jamesmetal24 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) jamesmetal24 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) jamesmetal24 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) jamesmetal24 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank)
    Update-
    Bar was very balanced, felt great. Sleeves weren't the exact size as my straight bar, so my spring collars didn't work and I had to use the screw kind. Its definitely unique trying to balance the weight but I loved it. Definitely a different kind of workout. Throwing something like this in for a few sets would definitely mix it up and would be an easy way help build strength and gains. Glad I purchased it!
    Powertec Rack and Bench
    Ironmaster Dumbbells
    NO TEST BOOSTERS.

Cleveland33 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Cleveland33 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Cleveland33 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Cleveland33 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Cleveland33 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Cleveland33 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Cleveland33 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Cleveland33 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Cleveland33 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Cleveland33 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Cleveland33 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    they are a great specialty bar to have.

If you really want to mix it up try using a staggered grip, ie one hand on the outer most handle and the other hand on an inner handle to give and unbalanced effect. I heard a lot football strength coaches do this with their linemen because they face an unbalanced load when blocking/rushing.
    Boomer Rep Crew #1
    []---[] Equipment Crew #37 []---[]
    ()---() York Barbell Club #3 ()---()

"You want science and studies? **** you. I've got scars and blood and vomit."
    -Wendler

Originally Posted by Cleveland33 View Post
    they are a great specialty bar to have.

If you really want to mix it up try using a staggered grip, ie one hand on the outer most handle and the other hand on an inner handle to give and unbalanced effect. I heard a lot football strength coaches do this with their linemen because they face an unbalanced load when blocking/rushing.
    That's a great idea, I definitely ordered the right bar. I figure use a straight bar to bench and since I do drop sets, maybe towards the end use this for a couple sets instead, then maybe next time bench heavy with this swiss bar and use a straight bar for some of my final sets. I think that could help avoid plateauing very easily.
    Powertec Rack and Bench
    Ironmaster Dumbbells
    NO TEST BOOSTERS.

DBsAndBarbells has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by jamesmetal24 View Post
    Update-
    Bar was very balanced, felt great. Sleeves weren't the exact size as my straight bar, so my spring collars didn't work and I had to use the screw kind. Its definitely unique trying to balance the weight but I loved it. Definitely a different kind of workout. Throwing something like this in for a few sets would definitely mix it up and would be an easy way help build strength and gains. Glad I purchased it!
    Thank you for the review. I have been looking at getting one of these bars due to my shoulder issues. Where is the best place to buy this bar? Thanks.

Originally Posted by DBsAndBarbells View Post
    Thank you for the review. I have been looking at getting one of these bars due to my shoulder issues. Where is the best place to buy this bar? Thanks.
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/BWTG-Swiss-B...item27c30343ad
    Powertec Rack and Bench
    Ironmaster Dumbbells
    NO TEST BOOSTERS.

Northernmoris has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Northernmoris has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Northernmoris has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Northernmoris has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Northernmoris has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Northernmoris has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Northernmoris has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Northernmoris has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Northernmoris has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Northernmoris has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Northernmoris has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by DBsAndBarbells View Post
    http://www.blackwidowtg.com/product_p/swiss-bar-rd.htm
    ▪██─────██▪ Ivanko Barbell Crew #3 ▪██─────██▪

○---○ [[[[-----]]]] York Barbell Crew #52 [[[[-----]]]] ○---○
    ( DD Crew, Globes, Kg's, + )

▪█─────█▪ Equipment Crew #45 ▪█─────█▪

~~ 4 Horsemen ~~

jgood602 is on a distinguished road. (+10) jgood602 is on a distinguished road. (+10) jgood602 is on a distinguished road. (+10) jgood602 is on a distinguished road. (+10) jgood602 is on a distinguished road. (+10) jgood602 is on a distinguished road. (+10) jgood602 is on a distinguished road. (+10) jgood602 is on a distinguished road. (+10) jgood602 is on a distinguished road. (+10) jgood602 is on a distinguished road. (+10) jgood602 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Cheaper off their website. Can you take a close up pic of the knurling. any idea on max weight cap? thinking about getting one thanks for the review.

GarageIron is a name known to all. (+5000) GarageIron is a name known to all. (+5000) GarageIron is a name known to all. (+5000) GarageIron is a name known to all. (+5000) GarageIron is a name known to all. (+5000) GarageIron is a name known to all. (+5000) GarageIron is a name known to all. (+5000) GarageIron is a name known to all. (+5000) GarageIron is a name known to all. (+5000) GarageIron is a name known to all. (+5000) GarageIron is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by jgood602 View Post
    Cheaper off their website. Can you take a close up pic of the knurling.
    The bar is not knurled.

any idea on max weight cap?
    No, but you should be good...

()---() York Barbell Club #30 ()---()

817boy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) 817boy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) 817boy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) 817boy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) 817boy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) 817boy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) 817boy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) 817boy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) 817boy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) 817boy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) 817boy is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Cheaper off their website. Can you take a close up pic of the knurling. any idea on max weight cap? thinking about getting one thanks for the review.
    The powder coating might add for a better grip, depending on what type of coating.

You could always get some athletic grip tape (usually sold at any sports store). And wrap it around the handles.
    It surprises me how many people refuse to buy equipment from Elitefts because its too expensive but they will buy equipment from their competitors, then continue to go on EFS website to educate themselves for FREE