Page 1 of 30 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast
    Goal: Build More Muscle! Luvdogs's Avatar
    Luvdogs is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Luvdogs is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Luvdogs is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Luvdogs is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Luvdogs is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Luvdogs is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Luvdogs is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Luvdogs is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Luvdogs is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Luvdogs is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Luvdogs is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)

FIFTY IS NIFTY...Julia's 2012 Journal For More Muscle

This is my new journal and the goal is MORE MUSCLE! I finished my previous journal by turning 50 years old March 31st! I feel better and stronger than ever. My goal for this journal is to track my growth in strength & muscle mass. I started eating at a surplus my birthday weekend (actually a little too much surplus, but it's a birthday). I sent most of March figuring out my maintenance calories which appears to be 1850. So this week I am eating at right about 2000.

My goal each week for training is either to add more reps from previous week or increase the weight if I can get more than 10-12 reps. For most exercises my aim is 8-10 reps. I am doing a 5 day split:

Monday: Back
    Tuesday: Chest
    Wed: Legs & abs
    Thurs: Shoulders
    Friday: Bicep & Tricep

For right now I am doing 10 minutes on the Step Mill after each workout. That is because April 15th I am participating in the Climb For Air which is a fund raiser for the American Lung Assoc. It's a 36 story stair climb up the Silver Legacy Tower. So I'm keeping it short, but intense to keep my cardio shape up. There will be plenty of firefighters participating as well, so if I run into trouble, help is nearby! (jk, I don't anticipate trouble).

Monday:
    WG Lat pull down:
    70# x 16
    80# x 9,9,7
    70# x 5

DB Rows:
    55# x 9,9,9,8

WG Cable Rows: neutral grip
    70# x 10,10,10,10

Face Pulls (long bar):
    60# x 12
    70# x 10,10

Tuesday: Chest
    Flat DB Press:
    45# x 8,5 (first time with the 45's )
    40# x 9,9

Incline DB Press:
    30# x 12,12
    35# x 9,9

Seated Precor cable press:
    25# ea side x 12,11,11,11

Seated Precor cable fly:
    20# ea side x 10,10,10

both days I did 10 minutes on Step Mill

Macros for today:
    Calories: 1986
    Fat: 83
    Carbs: 122
    Fiber: 26
    Protein: 169

Yesterday was about 2025 calories.

The supplements I use are: Creatine (3gr per day, just started), ON Gold Standard Natural Whey, fish oil, D3, Ubiquinol, and All-One vit & min supplement.

I am going to the Olympia in Sept and I want to gain as much muscle as possible through July. Then starting in August, I will cut back to maintenance and then a deficit to lean up a bit. I'll figure that out as I go.
    Julia

vanessa40 is a name known to all. (+5000) vanessa40 is a name known to all. (+5000) vanessa40 is a name known to all. (+5000) vanessa40 is a name known to all. (+5000) vanessa40 is a name known to all. (+5000) vanessa40 is a name known to all. (+5000) vanessa40 is a name known to all. (+5000) vanessa40 is a name known to all. (+5000) vanessa40 is a name known to all. (+5000) vanessa40 is a name known to all. (+5000) vanessa40 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Hey girl..
    Thanks for putting the link in your old journal. I hope you had a wonderful birthday. I have heard of the Climb For Air. I think it is great that you are going to do that..I believe they do something like that around here but i can't remember what building they use it might be the Bank Of America in Charlotte,NC

You would be so proud of me i am doing the whole Primal Blueprint thing with Mark Sisson and i am feeling great. I am not killing myself running everday. Now i bike 30-40 minutes and lift 3x a week. I am doing more yoga..i wish i had listened to you and done this sooner..

Anyway..good luck and i will be checking in on you
    Daily Journal
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=172687201
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Food Journal
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/food/diary
    To Err Is Human
    To Forgive is Canine

CathyVee is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) CathyVee is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) CathyVee is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) CathyVee is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) CathyVee is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) CathyVee is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) CathyVee is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) CathyVee is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) CathyVee is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) CathyVee is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) CathyVee is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    I wanted to wish you a happy (belated) 50th birthday. I just turned 50 in February and it's not as scary as I thought it would be!

I wish my db bench press was 45 lbs (or even 40) but I'm still working on the 35s. Good job!
    My Journal: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=140511571

ProMera Pump Extreme Log with IrishLassie78: COMPLETED

*TEAM AMAZON* -- Sisterhood of Iron

dreahere is a name known to all. (+5000) dreahere is a name known to all. (+5000) dreahere is a name known to all. (+5000) dreahere is a name known to all. (+5000) dreahere is a name known to all. (+5000) dreahere is a name known to all. (+5000) dreahere is a name known to all. (+5000) dreahere is a name known to all. (+5000) dreahere is a name known to all. (+5000) dreahere is a name known to all. (+5000) dreahere is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by CathyVee View Post

I wish my db bench press was 45 lbs (or even 40) but I'm still working on the 35s. Good job!
    ^^^ Same! I can rep the 40s, but I can't get 'em up without help I get so frustrated. 45 is awesome.

My 50th is upcoming in November. I'm feeling remarkably okay with it, but turning 45 was horrible, LOL.
    "Eat some oatmeal, do some squats, how hard is that seriously."--Prof Ham
    ..............................................................................
    Team Cookies Give You Superpowers
    ...............................................................................
    For the lulz and an occasional intelligent thought, plus pics:

http://musclemilkisnotaeuphemism.blogspot.com/

Luvdogs is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Luvdogs is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Luvdogs is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Luvdogs is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Luvdogs is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Luvdogs is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Luvdogs is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Luvdogs is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Luvdogs is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Luvdogs is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Luvdogs is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Hey Vanessa! Glad you are liking Primal Blueprint. I think it is a nice balanced approach. My husband is doing this Keto diet right now and falling off the wagon each weekend. He really wants to see how it effects his blood work, but because he falls off, he isn't in Keto. I told him do extreme keto diet for 10 days then get your blood work done. Eating that way long term is not sustainable for most. I think he knows this. We just talked about this last night. Mark Sisson explanation of varying grams of carbs is right on. I do believe keeping insulin from spiking is good and WHERE your carbs come from is important.

Hi Cathy and Drea, 50 is good! That was my first venture with the 45's. Next week I'll aim for all four sets with them. Mind over matter! I just tell myself it's a number. I sit with them on my thighs, then keep them tight to my side and lay back on the bench, then bring the arms out and press. Elbows slightly downward to keep as much front delt out of it as possible.

Finally got my new car registered. One hour wait at the DMV. What did we do before we could play on our cell phones during that time???

Today was Leg day:

Sled Leg Press
    2 w/u sets at 180#
    250# x 10,9,9,9

RDL
    145# x 12
    155# x 8,8,7 (wow, that was tough)

Split Squat using Smith
    20# added to smith bar x 10,10,10 each leg

Cable Kick backs
    60# x 13,12 each leg

Glute Isolator
    70# x 8
    60# x 10 each leg

Macros today:
    Cals: 2018
    Fat: 96
    Carbs: 93
    Fiber: 22
    Protein:172

Thinking protein is a little high. I still want to keep carbs at 100-125grams (today is a little lower), so I will increase fats. Need to get Total F a g e Greek yogurt instead of 0% or 2% (depends where I buy it). Whole Foods is the only place that carries all three types.
    Julia

vanessa40 is a name known to all. (+5000) vanessa40 is a name known to all. (+5000) vanessa40 is a name known to all. (+5000) vanessa40 is a name known to all. (+5000) vanessa40 is a name known to all. (+5000) vanessa40 is a name known to all. (+5000) vanessa40 is a name known to all. (+5000) vanessa40 is a name known to all. (+5000) vanessa40 is a name known to all. (+5000) vanessa40 is a name known to all. (+5000) vanessa40 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    LOL..i was waiting for Brittany at the doctor the other day and i was thinking the same thing
    Daily Journal
    Food Journal
    To Err Is Human
    To Forgive is Canine

Guess I should have stated my starting weight. 131.8 last Saturday morning (official weight day). I also took measurements but those are at home.

Shoulders today:

Cybex Shoulder Press machine
    50# x 10,10,10,10 (there was either some huge dude before me or someone used it for something else. Seat was nearly on the floor and weight was at 170lbs!)

DB Arnold Press:
    20#ea x 10,10,8,8

WG Bent over BB rows for rear delts
    65# 12,10,10

Shrugs
    45# ea x 10,10

Rear delt machine
    50# x 10,8,8

DB Laterals
    15#ea x 9,9,7
    12.5#ea x 4

Then I loaded into the van, unloaded onto loading dock, and stacked on a pallet 24 cases of paper cups! Sheesh, shoulders are pooped!

Macros today:
    Cals: 1954
    Fat: 74
    Carbs: 124
    Fiber: 26
    Protein: 183

I hate the 20-30 degree temperature swings. Burrrrr, only getting to 44 today. Tuesday it was 70!!!
    Julia

TGIF! Tomorrow the family and I are meeting for a wine tasting birthday celebration. Will be fun.

In order to test our climbing stair skills, husband and I are going to the Wolf Pack stadium at UNR Sunday and run bleachers Have never done that before but couldn't think of another place to train like that. Maybe we can make it a weekly thing???

Today was Bicep & Tricep:

EZ BB curls:
    55# x 9,7,7

Cable curls:
    65# x 10,11,11

High pulley cable curls:
    25# x 12
    30# x 8,8

Tricep:
    Lying BB extension:
    55# x 8,8,7 (almost had 8, but had to drop to my chest)

Cable press down:
    75# x 11,10,8

UH grip press down:
    40# x 13
    45# x 10,11
    Julia

Sounds like you are going to have a fun weekend..
    Lord tell me about the temp change. It is going to be 35* here in the morning..Yikes..at least it will warm up to the 80's by the afternoon ..but please....
    Daily Journal
    Food Journal
    To Err Is Human
    To Forgive is Canine

aspenleigh has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) aspenleigh has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) aspenleigh has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) aspenleigh has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) aspenleigh has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) aspenleigh has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) aspenleigh has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) aspenleigh has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) aspenleigh has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) aspenleigh has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) aspenleigh has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Hey lady,

Thought I would pop in on ya and say "hey". Happy 50th, btw!
    Your numbers are coming up amazingly! I'm super impressed!
    I'm in cut mode and have been since Feb. and my numbers have totally stagnated... It's discouraging when that happens.

I've also changed up my workouts and I have to say I love it! Basically it's 30 min or so of heavy compound lifting and then an HIT circuit for 15-20 min. Those circuits kill me but they are good and I think they fit in with my fat-burning mode right now. I also have stopped the IF, but am REALLY thinking of going back to that way of eating. I truly loved it.

So glad to see you're doing good and your knee is all better..?
    Have a great Easter weekend!

Hi AL, nice to see you! I will be in cut mode come August. I have thought about IF (a lot of people do that on the "Marks Daily Apple" forum, but I get too hungry and I think I would become cranky!

I was suprised at my weight this morning. 131.6! Down .2. I had a birthday weekend and kept my cals at 1950-2020 all week. Tonight with going to Whispering Vine with family and having a 1" piece of lemon bundt cake I figure my day was 2200 cals. Tomorrow I will keep it about there (although no cake. We left it with the girls at the wine shop). I can't believe I'm saying this, but I really wanted a slight gain this week.

I might even go to 2400 cals tomorrow since we are doing bleachers to get ready for the climb next Sunday. I'll base it on my output. I should wear my HR monitor. We are dropping Beethoven off at PetsMart for grooming (his spring fur-cut), then heading up to UNR.
    Julia

Ok, we did 18 sets of up and down 60 steps at UNR football stadium! It wasn't that bad except my calves were shaking and still feel fatigued.

Beethoven got a fur-cut today. He looks great except I had to redo his tail when we got home. They always give him a pom pom tail and I hate that. I forgot to say "no pom pom tail"! So I put him on the outside table when we got home and trimmed his tail up Poor pup, he was quite worked up. He was so worked up that as soon as he saw the leash when I was getting him ready to go, he peed all the way into the den and under my desk I had no time to clean it up and hubby got home before I did, so he cleaned it up! Lucky me. Also lucky that our floors in teh den are rubber garage coin top floors (our den is porsche themed).
    Julia

Hello calves!!! That is what is most sore after those bleachers yesterday. I think that is odd. I would think it would be glutes, hams or quads. I was really trying to keep flat footed as they were getting tired. Trying not to go to my toes.

I could have slept another hour this morning.

Back day:

WG lat pull down:
    80# x 12,10,9,9

DB Rows:
    55#ea x 10,9,9,9 (a guy next to me was doing 70# rows and he said he couldn't believe I was lifting just behind him. Made me feel good. I'm sure there is a huge diff between how 55# & 70# feels).

WG Cable rows:
    80# x 9,8,8,8

Face pulls w/ rope attachment:
    70# x 12
    80# x 12
    90# x 11,11 (I really had to lean back & use my weight so I didn't fling forward )

CG Cable rows:
    80# x 9,8 (wasn't planning this, just felt like it)

Macros today:
    Cals: 2030
    Fat: 88
    Carbs: 113
    Fiber: 25
    Protein: 164

Going to keep my cals between 2025-2050 this week and see what happens on Saturday. My goal is to be 132-132.4.
    Julia

I know what you mean about your calves. Anytime i do my step bench i hobble for a day after...lol
    Your numbers are looking good
    Daily Journal
    Food Journal
    To Err Is Human
    To Forgive is Canine

Calves are still sore! Massaged, stretched, and rolled them last night.

Chest day:

DB flat bench press:
    45#ea x 8,7,8,8

Incline DB press:
    35#ea x 11,9,9,8

Seated Precor cable press:
    30#ea x 9,7
    25#ea x 10,9

Human Sport cable fly:
    #8 ea x 8,8,7
    #6 ea x 12 (not sure what that equates to in #'s)

Yesterday was so nice, 72 degrees! Today is cooler and we're getting rain tomorrow. Thursday is supposed to be 43 Then going back to upper 50's/low 60's. We took the dogs for an after dinner walk last night. Going to do that tonight too.
    Julia

I know the weather is crazy here too. It's going to be in the 30's the next two morning but at least it will be in the 70's by the afternoon. It's a windstorm today..yikes
    Daily Journal
    Food Journal
    To Err Is Human
    To Forgive is Canine

Originally Posted by vanessa40 View Post
    I know the weather is crazy here too. It's going to be in the 30's the next two morning but at least it will be in the 70's by the afternoon. It's a windstorm today..yikes
    I hate wind the most. Stirs up dust, makes me sneeze. Even little Bruizer was sneezing on our walk last night. His sneezes are so cute though He is a scruffy, cute little bugger.
    Julia

Originally Posted by Luvdogs View Post
    I hate wind the most. Stirs up dust, makes me sneeze. Even little Bruizer was sneezing on our walk last night. His sneezes are so cute though He is a scruffy, cute little bugger.
    I know Muffin is the same way. Still windy here today. Hope your weather is better
    Daily Journal
    Food Journal
    To Err Is Human
    To Forgive is Canine

Storms are coming in! Rain should be starting soon, then snow coming tomorrow. My new car is finally going to HAVE to get dirty..

Leg Day:

RDL's
    w/u with bar and add 20#
    145# x 13
    155# x 9,9,9

Sled Leg Press
    250# x 12,11,10,9

Precor Super Squat Machine face-in
    90# x 12
    110# x 10,10 (haven't used this before. I liked it! A little more like free squatting)

Smith Split Squat
    30# added x10,8,8 each leg

Glute Isolator
    50# x 10 -that's it, legs pooped

Calves are still sore, getting better but I can't believe how long it is taking to feel better. By the time they are good, it will be time to do the Climb on Sunday! On the up side, I think the calves got sore from going down the stairs (that is when I feel it) and the Climb is 36 stories up and the elevator down!
    Julia

swooshie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) swooshie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) swooshie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) swooshie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) swooshie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) swooshie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) swooshie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) swooshie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) swooshie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) swooshie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) swooshie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by CathyVee View Post
    I wanted to wish you a happy (belated) 50th birthday. I just turned 50 in February and it's not as scary as I thought it would be!
    Originally Posted by dreahere View Post
    My 50th is upcoming in November. I'm feeling remarkably okay with it, but turning 45 was horrible, LOL.

When I turned 50 I thought it f***in SUCKED!!! I was not amused one bit But I'll be 55 October and now I'm just like.....whatever

Yea for old hot chicks (take that any way you want to!!)

Nice workouts ya got there!!
    Caring about what people think of you is useless. Most people don't even know what they think of themselves.

Stop watering dead plants

Hi Swooshie, I agree, hot old chicks are where it's at (at least my hubby thinks so!) I had more of a problem with aging when I was younger, now, I'll take every year I can get! Being healthy and strong is the goal (I'd like another 50 years too).

A cold is coming on, I can feel it. I thought all the sneezing was allergies, but had a mild sore through this morning and head is feeling foggy.

Legs are sore today I need to be nice to them the rest of the week so they can get me up 36 floors of stair climbing Sunday. I'll pick up our race bibs, t-shirts, and goodie bags tomorrow.

Shoulders:
    Cybex OH Press
    55# x 11,11,11,11

DB Arnold Press
    20#ea x 11,9,10,9

WG bent over rows
    65# x 11,11,10

Seated Lateral Machine
    30# x 12,12,12 (decided to try this, didn't really like the feel of it, will go back to DB's next week)

DB front raise
    17.5# x 10,10

DB Shrugs
    55# x 12,12,12

Also need to take my Versa Grips with me every workout. Could have done heavier on shrugs if my grip would hold out. I mostly just use them on leg day for RDL's, but I know I could pull more on back day as well.

Macros for today:
    Cals: 2015
    Fat: 88
    Carbs: 117
    Fiber: 25
    Protein: 164

Most of the week has been right about here. Tuesday I had a "professional" luncheon that served extra salty quiche. I didn't eat the crust, just the filling. Tasted like a salt lick
    Julia

I'm sick Started coming on yesterday, had a fever last night and this morning. Seems to be going down now (took aspirin). Just stayed home this morning, no gym. Just going in to work for a bit to process one order but my hubby will deliver it. I am going to pick up my Climb For Air packet. Unless I have a fever Sunday, I'm still doing it!

Plan on hanging out at home rest of the day. It's snowing out right now I went back to bed adfter breakfast to read and had four dogs on there with me! They are such good company! They were loving it too!

If I feel good tomorrow, I will go do my bi/tri workout, otherwise, I'll just skip it.
    Julia

Oh no Julia..I hope you feel better soon. I am sending healing vibes your way.
    Nothing like a warm bed and loving puppies to make you feel better
    You take care
    Daily Journal
    Food Journal
    To Err Is Human
    To Forgive is Canine

I hate being sick! Had a very quiet weekend which was nice. We didn't eat out at all. On Saturday I played "Beauty Parlor" with Bruizer He had a nice shampoo and haircut. He was quite tolerant of me. It's what I do when I'm bored. Today, I had to shave around his "man part" (the peeing device). His fur grows around it and his "thing" gets stuck out! The vet did it last time but I just had my husband hold him on his lap, put a towel over his head, hold on tight, and I went to work with the clippers! Pulling it back and getting all the fur out. It had to be done (that's what we told Bruizer). He went and sat on the couch for a bit and wouldn't come to me at first...I got him to come on my lap and lick my face finally. He's better now. His "peeing device" gets stuck in the out position if we don't do this.

We did do the Fight For Air Climb this morning. I did it in 8:58 which was about the middle of the pack for my age group. Could have done better if i still wasn't getting over my cold. I could feel my lungs about Floor 18. The Floor 18 person was an EMT with an AED, made me feel better...my husband did it in 9:11, which I thought was appropriate for him (The Porsche number).

I've decided to change up my training to an upper/lower split. Mon & Tues will be lower/upper power (6 reps) and Thurs & Fri will be lower/upper hypertrophy (12 reps). See, other things I do when I'm sick, research training programs....

It was a beautiful day today so I washed my car. No bad weather in site for a while. We also took the pups for a walk.
    Julia

Feeling much better, just a little cough now.

Today I started my new split:

Leg power day (goal is 6 reps per set):

w/u: 5 min. on ellip, 2 sets of 10 light reps on extension machine, & 2 x 180# on sled

Sled Leg Press:
    270# x 7
    290# x 6,6

RDL:
    165# x 6,7,6

Hack Squat Machine: feet hip width
    140# x 7
    160# x 6,6

Donkey calf raise:
    260# x 10
    300# x 10,10 (I think I can actually do the whole stack, but calves have never been an issue for me)

Quad Extensions:
    90# x 8
    100# x 8

Ham curls:
    100# x 7
    120# x 7

I am upping my cals to 2100 this week. My weight was 131.6 again this Saturday. So I'm still holding steady even with more calories, but my workouts are harder so I must be burning it. Hopefully, I'm building muscles too!

Now, Miss Genie was 21.2lbs this week...she has not lost anything! Bruizer was 10.2lbs! How come I can be so disciplined with myself and my dogs are always chubby???? Oh, it must be those big round eyes looking at me like they have never eaten a day in their life...please momma, one more treat....yeah. I need to learn to say "no" to them. When I say no, they turned their cute little heads with their ears perked like, "what is that word, I do not understand"...
    Julia

I am the same way. Poor Muffin weighs 11 pounds and she is a chihuahua. It is all my fault. I have cut back on her treats but it is so hard. I tend to love everyone inclding myself with food.

Good luck with your new program..
    Daily Journal
    Food Journal
    To Err Is Human
    To Forgive is Canine

At least Bruizer isn't eating any of my lunches...but he's checking it out!

Julia

LOL..
    Love the picture.
    Daily Journal
    Food Journal
    To Err Is Human
    To Forgive is Canine

He is so cute. He has such attitude for a little guy. Wish I didn't have to get him in such an awful way, but I'm happy to have him! Hubby, not so much Not his favorite dog. He does have a few odd habits (Bruizer, not my husband )

OK, Upper Power Day:
    *loved Versa Grips on my pull exercises, NOT on my push however. Have never used them on push so far and I won't again. Didn't like the feel in my hand. Had to switch back to my normal gloves.

WG Lat pull down
    90# x7,6,6

DB Rows
    60# x 7,7,7 Vera Grips really helped here. I would loose grip esp. with left hand before.

Flat DB Chest Press
    50# x 000000 BIG EGG, couldn't do it, really wanted to
    45# x 7,6,7 Just squeaked those out. I think after two attempts with the 50's, my mind over muscle was gone!

HS Chest Press
    25# ea side x 6,6,6

DB Shoulder Press
    25# x 6,6,6

Cable UR Rows
    60# x7
    65# x 7
    70# x 7- should have started here

Straight Bar BB curls
    45# x 8,7

Lying Tri ext
    45# x 10
    55# x 7- seems my triceps are stronger than my biceps

Tomorrow will be a cardio day. Will do some Step Mill. Esp. since hubby and I went to lunch today at Grimaldi's. SOOOOO good. Best Calzone on the planet! We haven't been in a long time since we haven't been eating bread like that (or pizza dough). But hubby had his blood test yesterday so he is allowing himself a few options now. Really, we do pizza/calzone maybe every couple months. They are customers of ours too, so it's fun to see them socially and give them some business!
    Julia

Yesterday I woke up and didn't feel like going to the gym to do cardio, so I didn't The good news is going to Grimaldi's for lunch didn't effect my weight!

Going to be 75 here today!!! And 80 degrees Fri-Sun!!! I have a "date" with my SIL Saturday night. Girls' night out! I'm going shopping for a spring time dress after lunch...

Today was my Lower Body Hypertrophy day: goal 12 reps per set:

Sled Leg Press:
    1 w/u set ay 90#
    2 w/u sets at 180#
    230# x 12,12,12

RDL's:
    135# x 13,12,12

Super Squat Machine:
    90# x 13
    110# x 12,12

Ham Curls:
    80# x 13
    90# x 12,10

Quad Ext:
    60# x 13
    70# x 12,12

Standing Calf:
    90# x 12,9
    75# x 4
    Really wanted the seat calf, but it was busy!

So far I'm liking this split. I like the really heavy vs the higher rep range. Either way, I lift as heavy as I can for the rep range.

Our old Golden Retriever is getting worse (regarding hips). While we were eating dinner last night I kept hearing this sound of him trying to get up. I went to where he was and his rear legs were so far out in front of his hips, he couldn't get them underneath himself enough to get up. Had to give him a hoist! We have some runners in the key areas he goes in the house for traction, but I think I need to get a few more. I also gave him a pedicure last night. Trimmed his nails more and cut the long fur between his toes. Hopefully that helps a little too with slippage. He is such a sweet old guy.
    Julia