Page 19 of 30 FirstFirst ... 9 17 18 19 20 21 29 ... LastLast
    vanessa40 is a name known to all. (+5000) vanessa40 is a name known to all. (+5000) vanessa40 is a name known to all. (+5000) vanessa40 is a name known to all. (+5000) vanessa40 is a name known to all. (+5000) vanessa40 is a name known to all. (+5000) vanessa40 is a name known to all. (+5000) vanessa40 is a name known to all. (+5000) vanessa40 is a name known to all. (+5000) vanessa40 is a name known to all. (+5000) vanessa40 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    HA HA that is how i feel about cars with all that extra stuff..the more it does the more it will cost to fix it..can't i have an old Model T ..lol
    Daily Journal
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=172687201
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Food Journal
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/food/diary
    To Err Is Human
    To Forgive is Canine

Redfizz is just really nice. (+1000) Redfizz is just really nice. (+1000) Redfizz is just really nice. (+1000) Redfizz is just really nice. (+1000) Redfizz is just really nice. (+1000) Redfizz is just really nice. (+1000) Redfizz is just really nice. (+1000) Redfizz is just really nice. (+1000) Redfizz is just really nice. (+1000) Redfizz is just really nice. (+1000) Redfizz is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by Luvdogs View Post
    I am really starting to feel leaner and muscles are showing more. Whenever I get hungry, I will have to think of this! So far, it's not that bad. Still eating right at 1600 cals. Will stay here next week too. No need to get too low too quick. Doing cardio 2-3 x a week so far. If I am losing, 2 is sufficient right now.
    When I saw your avatar in one of your posts, I had to run over to your journal! You are looking amazing. It's definitely working.

Hooray for Buddy!

Oh, jjeane posted this in CC's journal, and I thought you would enjoy it!

http://www.phillearney.com/nutrition...es-stage-prep/
    ~TEAM AMAZON~ Sisterhood of Iron

Journal: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=144133491
    MyFitnessPal Food Diary: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/food/diary/perpetua3d

"Whether you think you can or you thing you can't, you're right!" - Henry Ford

Goal: Build More Muscle! Luvdogs's Avatar
    Luvdogs is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Luvdogs is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Luvdogs is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Luvdogs is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Luvdogs is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Luvdogs is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Luvdogs is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Luvdogs is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Luvdogs is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Luvdogs is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Luvdogs is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Hey, thanks for the compliment and the link! I love Erin Stern and all those containers look like me on Monday morning Definitely reading that later after I process orders...darn work!

Watched my Tanji Johnson "The Art of Posing" DVD last night, going to be very helpful. I'll buy a long mirror this week (one of those that usually go on a closet door) and be able to practice while I watch. I can set it on the fireplace hearth.

Hit a new low of 131.0 this morning. I hope it holds for Saturday, that was my goal. Does this breakfast look like I'm dieting??? I don't think so:

Macros for breakfast:
    Cals: 354
    Fat: 13
    Carbs: 30
    Protein: 27

And yes I did tear off some of the crust to make the flax bread exactly 45 grams The dogs liked it... There is almond butter on the toast, hard to tell in the picture.

Week 4, PHAT, Legs, hypertrophy

BB squats
    3 w/u sets
    95# x 12,12,12,12-below parallel

Sled Leg Press
    230# x 14,14,14,14
    180# x 15

Super set with
    Leg Press Calf Raise
    230# x 13,13,11

Glute Isolator
    80# x 10
    70# x 11
    60# x 12

Quad Ext, toes out
    80# x 12
    70# x 12.5
    60# x 13

Seated Ham Curls
    80# x 15,12
    80# x 14-toes out on this set

Hypers
    15# x 15,12,12

Todays Macros:
    Cals: 1611
    Fat: 54
    Carbs: 100
    Protein: 154

Super Bowl Sunday coming up!!! Extra exciting because Kaepernick is from Reno!! Home town boy does good GO 9'ers!!!!
    Julia

vanessa40 is a name known to all. (+5000) vanessa40 is a name known to all. (+5000) vanessa40 is a name known to all. (+5000) vanessa40 is a name known to all. (+5000) vanessa40 is a name known to all. (+5000) vanessa40 is a name known to all. (+5000) vanessa40 is a name known to all. (+5000) vanessa40 is a name known to all. (+5000) vanessa40 is a name known to all. (+5000) vanessa40 is a name known to all. (+5000) vanessa40 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    You know i need to get more creative with my breakfast. I like that you have strawberries with your eggs.
    How do you make you flax bread
    Mine is more of a microwave muffin
    26g of flaxseed,1 egg,spice,1tsp baking powder micro for a minute..yeah i am the Microwave Queen
    Daily Journal
    Food Journal
    To Err Is Human
    To Forgive is Canine

Luvdogs is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Luvdogs is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Luvdogs is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Luvdogs is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Luvdogs is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Luvdogs is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Luvdogs is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Luvdogs is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Luvdogs is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Luvdogs is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Luvdogs is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Make flax bread??? Oh, no. Buy Flax bread: Alvarado Street Bakery

http://www.alvaradostreetbakery.com/...tail.php?id=26

Great stuff and only 100 calories per 45 grams (mostly 2 slices, minus a little crust, if you're counting that precisely). Low carb too for bread. I buy it at trader Joe's for about $2.69 per loaf. I usually buy 3-4 at a time and freeze it. If I buy it at Raley's or Whole Foods it's $4.69
    Julia

LOL..Thanks Julia i will have to check that out
    Daily Journal
    Food Journal
    To Err Is Human
    To Forgive is Canine

marathonmom262 will become famous soon enough. (+50) marathonmom262 will become famous soon enough. (+50) marathonmom262 will become famous soon enough. (+50) marathonmom262 will become famous soon enough. (+50) marathonmom262 will become famous soon enough. (+50) marathonmom262 will become famous soon enough. (+50) marathonmom262 will become famous soon enough. (+50) marathonmom262 will become famous soon enough. (+50) marathonmom262 will become famous soon enough. (+50) marathonmom262 will become famous soon enough. (+50) marathonmom262 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Hi Julia! Agreed with others that have commented on your latest avi - you are looking fantastic!

Man I don't know how you ladies can handle high reps of the seated ham curl - I struggled to stay slow and in control on just 2 sets of 9 reps at 65 yesterday I can rock out the leg extension at good weight but that curl, not so much!
    Please join me on my journey to find balance:
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=147375163

Hi MM, I'm the opposite, I can ham curl more than extension, BUT, I think my quads are more developed than my hams????

16 weeks out today!! " Weigh in: 130.6lbs I am happy with that. One pound loss this week. Next week I'll take progress pictures.

Cloudy and cold today. We're going to my MIL's for chicken chili tonight and I'm bringing a salad. Small bowl of chili and a BIG salad.

Went to Weight Watchers and grocery shopping today. Doing laundry and not leaving home until we go for dinner Gave Bruizer and bath and fur-cut He's gorgeous!!
    Julia

swooshie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) swooshie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) swooshie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) swooshie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) swooshie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) swooshie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) swooshie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) swooshie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) swooshie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) swooshie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) swooshie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Hi MM, I'm the opposite, I can ham curl more than extension, BUT, I think my quads are more developed than my hams????

16 weeks out today!! " Weigh in: 130.6lbs I am happy with that. One pound loss this week. Next week I'll take progress pictures.

Cloudy and cold today. We're going to my MIL's for chicken chili tonight and I'm bringing a salad. Small bowl of chili and a BIG salad.

Went to Weight Watchers and grocery shopping today. Doing laundry and not leaving home until we go for dinner Gave Bruizer and bath and fur-cut He's gorgeous!!
    OMG!!! 16 weeks???? Wow, that will be here in no time!

Congrats on your weigh in! What are you shooting for by show time?

"Bruizer" makes me think of the movie Legally Blonde ... I just love that movie. It's one I could watch a million times over
    Caring about what people think of you is useless. Most people don't even know what they think of themselves.

Stop watering dead plants

Hi Swoosh! I know, 16 weeks sounds quick, but 4 months sounds like a long time...

My best guess is 120lbs. Maybe slightly less, not really sure. I want to lose slowly to retain as much muscle as possible, and allow enough time since I'm not really positive where I should come in at. I talked with a trainer at the gym Friday (he's awesome and has competed 8 times himself and trained others, natural) and he asked if I had any help with contest prep. Part of me would like someone here at 12 weeks out to help me. Just need to ask what the cost would be. Mostly for diet prep. Training I have down (at least I think so ). There is also another trainer I've chatted with previously. I think they are both good, but this one has more experience in contest prep. Although the other has competed too.

Bruizer was named after that little Chihuahua from Legally Blonde. I love that movie too. Bruizer was our niece's dog. She was killed in a car accident 1.5 years ago at 20 years old. Whitney used to dress Bruizer in girl dog clothes and rhinestones! The night she died, when her mother asked if I would take Bruizer that night, I said, "sure", not knowing at the time if she meant for a few days or forever! I LOVE him and he is quite happy with our posse of dog friends and his home here now. He's a poodle/Yorkie/mini schnauzer mix (we think). 9 lbs of cuteness. And he has a blue arqyle collar & harness now. All boy stuff!
    Julia

Cardioconvert is just really nice. (+1000) Cardioconvert is just really nice. (+1000) Cardioconvert is just really nice. (+1000) Cardioconvert is just really nice. (+1000) Cardioconvert is just really nice. (+1000) Cardioconvert is just really nice. (+1000) Cardioconvert is just really nice. (+1000) Cardioconvert is just really nice. (+1000) Cardioconvert is just really nice. (+1000) Cardioconvert is just really nice. (+1000) Cardioconvert is just really nice. (+1000)
    Hi Swoosh! I know, 16 weeks sounds quick, but 4 months sounds like a long time...

My best guess is 120lbs. Maybe slightly less, not really sure. I want to lose slowly to retain as much muscle as possible, and allow enough time since I'm not really positive where I should come in at. I talked with a trainer at the gym Friday (he's awesome and has competed 8 times himself and trained others, natural) and he asked if I had any help with contest prep. Part of me would like someone here at 12 weeks out to help me. Just need to ask what the cost would be. Mostly for diet prep. Training I have down (at least I think so ). There is also another trainer I've chatted with previously. I think they are both good, but this one has more experience in contest prep. Although the other has competed too.

Things are looking great in here - nice new avi I have found having someone tell me exactly what to eat and do for workouts has taken a whole whack of the stress of out this. No longer need to think about what to make and eat, no longer questioning what order I should be doing the exercises in.

The only thing I really found from my research of coaches around here is that I was careful to find a coach who was familiar with the federation I will be competing in. Seems that all federations have different focuses / slightly different poses. My coach knows the OPA (Ontario Physique Association) inside out.

Good luck Luvdogs!

CC
    Last edited by Cardioconvert; 02-02-2013 at 06:13 PM.
    “Toughness is in the soul and spirit, not in muscles.” Alex Karras

Follow me on IG: @Cardioconvert

Wife and Sammich Maker rickiecoombs's Avatar
    rickiecoombs is a jewel in the rough. (+500) rickiecoombs is a jewel in the rough. (+500) rickiecoombs is a jewel in the rough. (+500) rickiecoombs is a jewel in the rough. (+500) rickiecoombs is a jewel in the rough. (+500) rickiecoombs is a jewel in the rough. (+500) rickiecoombs is a jewel in the rough. (+500) rickiecoombs is a jewel in the rough. (+500) rickiecoombs is a jewel in the rough. (+500) rickiecoombs is a jewel in the rough. (+500) rickiecoombs is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    I am just so, so, so happy that Buddy is doing well! I'm always checking for updates. Haha. And always secretly hoping (or maybe not-so-secretly) for a picture or two. Which quite often appears. And then I am a happy girlie. Haha. I just love puppers. <3

Congrats on the weigh-in. Can't wait to see what you look like when the time comes. You already look so great - in 16 weeks, it's gonna be crazy!!

Hope you've had a wonderful weekend - and I hope your puppies are all still doing well!
    My Journal - Large, But Not in Charge: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=128025573

Originally Posted by Cardioconvert View Post
    Things are looking great in here - nice new avi I have found having someone tell me exactly what to eat and do for workouts has taken a whole whack of the stress of out this. No longer need to think about what to make and eat, no longer questioning what order I should be doing the exercises in.

The only thing I really found from my research of coaches around here is that I was careful to find a coach who was familiar with the federation I will be competing in. Seems that all federations have different focuses / slightly different poses. My coach knows the OPA (Ontario Physique Association) inside out.

Good luck Luvdogs!

CC
    Thanks CC! I'm still on the fence about a coach, mostly because of $$$. I am very good about figuring my food, weighing, etc. I really like doing that. In another 4 weeks, I'll need to make a decision on that.

Originally Posted by rickiecoombs View Post
    I am just so, so, so happy that Buddy is doing well! I'm always checking for updates. Haha. And always secretly hoping (or maybe not-so-secretly) for a picture or two. Which quite often appears. And then I am a happy girlie. Haha. I just love puppers. <3

Congrats on the weigh-in. Can't wait to see what you look like when the time comes. You already look so great - in 16 weeks, it's gonna be crazy!!

Hope you've had a wonderful weekend - and I hope your puppies are all still doing well!
    Thanks Rickie! Buddy is better and I am happy about that. His hips are still old hips, but his foot is healing. All the other pups are good!

Well, I'm disappointed the 49'ers lost the Super Bowl

A very quiet weekend which was very nice. All my food is made for the week. Laundry done. Dogs brushed I could stuff a very large pillow with what I took out of Buddy!

Week 5, PHAT, Upper Power

Precor OH grip row
    3 w/u sets
    120# x 8,8
    140# x 5
    120# x 7

WG Lat Pull Down
    100# x 7
    90# x 9,9,9

CG cable row
    110# x 9,9,8

Flat Precor Bench, plate loaded type
    20# ea side x 8,8,8,8-haven't used this before, I liked it

Cybex Incline press
    100# x 8,6
    95# x 8,8

Precor Shoulder Press
    110# x 7,7,7,7 PR

Machine Lateral Raise
    50# x 8,8,8,8

EZ BB Curl
    45# x 14 -hum, better go up!
    55# x 6,6-should have started here, might have got more

Tricep Press Down
    100# X 8,7,7

I did some practice posing with my DVD. Not too bad. I think practicing every day a little bit will be good. Get those shoes broke in a bit. I walked better in them today than when I first put them on.
    Julia

Week 5, PHAT, Lower Power

Machine Hack Squat
    3 w/u sets
    100# x 9,9,8,8 -deep, below parallel

Sled Leg Press
    270# x 11
    290# x 8,9,9

RDL-so happy that pull I had is healed
    165# x 10
    175# x 8,8,8

Glute Isolator
    90# x 10
    100# x 8,8

Quad Ext
    90# x 12
    120# x 8,8

Seated Ham Curls
    100# x 10,9,9

Donkey Calf
    300# x 11,9,9

Busy day today. Lots of orders over the weekend. Had the warehouse all to myself today.

We had an electrician come by today to give us an estimate for den lighting and two four-plex outlets in the kitchen. Hopefully it comes back in our budget.

Cals right at 1619 today. Tomorrow: cardio. I have a pallet coming with lots of heavy stuff I get to unload tomorrow, so more heavy lifting. Cases of Monin syrups, smoothie powder mixes, cups, Yippy
    Julia

Cardioconvert is just really nice. (+1000) Cardioconvert is just really nice. (+1000) Cardioconvert is just really nice. (+1000) Cardioconvert is just really nice. (+1000) Cardioconvert is just really nice. (+1000) Cardioconvert is just really nice. (+1000) Cardioconvert is just really nice. (+1000) Cardioconvert is just really nice. (+1000) Cardioconvert is just really nice. (+1000) Cardioconvert is just really nice. (+1000) Cardioconvert is just really nice. (+1000)
    I have a pallet coming with lots of heavy stuff I get to unload tomorrow, so more heavy lifting. Cases of Monin syrups, smoothie powder mixes, cups, Yippy
    Sometimes I wish I did something (workwise) that worked out more than my typing muscles

Have a great day Luvdogs!

CC
    “Toughness is in the soul and spirit, not in muscles.” Alex Karras

Follow me on IG: @Cardioconvert

Redfizz is just really nice. (+1000) Redfizz is just really nice. (+1000) Redfizz is just really nice. (+1000) Redfizz is just really nice. (+1000) Redfizz is just really nice. (+1000) Redfizz is just really nice. (+1000) Redfizz is just really nice. (+1000) Redfizz is just really nice. (+1000) Redfizz is just really nice. (+1000) Redfizz is just really nice. (+1000) Redfizz is just really nice. (+1000)
    I am with Ricki on the pup pics.

How's it going with the comp heels? Have you mastered walking in them yet?
    ~TEAM AMAZON~ Sisterhood of Iron

Journal: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=144133491
    MyFitnessPal Food Diary: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/food/diary/perpetua3d

"Whether you think you can or you thing you can't, you're right!" - Henry Ford

Originally Posted by Cardioconvert View Post
    Sometimes I wish I did something (workwise) that worked out more than my typing muscles

Have a great day Luvdogs!

CC
    At least putting all that away warms me up! After running a warehouse the last 18 months, a nice warm office sounds good!

Originally Posted by Redfizz View Post
    I am with Ricki on the pup pics.

How's it going with the comp heels? Have you mastered walking in them yet?
    How about this pup pic?

Beethoven sleeping away last night. Guess he wasn't too interested in The Biggest Loser...and that is Genie's foot!

The heels were not too bad. They are not tight, just high! I'm a sneaker wearer 90% of the time. I'm ok doing the poses, just need to walk down the hallway a lot to get my "presentation walk" down...

I did 30 minutes on the Octane Ellip-type thingy. I've only used this machine once before. I liked it today. Also did Cybex Ab crunch, Cable wood chops, and the Ab Coaster.

Muscles are all sore in a good way. Really looking forward to my massage Saturday.
    Julia

I have to tell you one of the main reasons i come here besides you being such a good friend is the puppy pics. I love seeing them here and on FB..they always make me smile

Lucky you a massage..i wish i could do that i just have this weird hang up about people i don't know touching me..yeah i'm insane..lol
    Daily Journal
    Food Journal
    To Err Is Human
    To Forgive is Canine

Originally Posted by vanessa40 View Post
    I have to tell you one of the main reasons i come here besides you being such a good friend is the puppy pics. I love seeing them here and on FB..they always make me smile

Lucky you a massage..i wish i could do that i just have this weird hang up about people i don't know touching me..yeah i'm insane..lol
    Of the 200+ pictures on my phone, I'd say 90% are my dogs! Do I need another cute picture of Genie? Sure I do!

OK, didn't get yesterday's workout posted, but it was good (Back & Shoulders) and I got a PR on BW dips= 10 I like to throw those in at the end of this workout because they are not tired. I need to start throwing in chins on Friday!

Today was Week 5, PHAT, Lower hypertrophy day:

Super Squat Machine
    3 w/u sets
    180# x 13,12,12,12

Sled Leg Press
    230# x 15,15,14,14

Quad Ext
    70# x 17,16,14-toes out

Seated Ham Curls
    70# x 20-toes straight
    70# x 15-toes out
    70# x 14-toes in

Seated Calf Raise
    50# x 15,12,12-pause at the top

Walking Lunges
    40# x 15,15,15,15- dang those are tough! Hope my knee fares well. Haven't done these in a while.

Going to take progress pics this weekend.

Finally decided to take off Buddy's sock! I think it's as good as it's going to get. He still has a poop problem, but I think that is age. He is getting slower every week. And he seems to be getting thinner too. He's still happy and wagging his tail though. Still wants his Kashi nibble in the morning. I use 13 grams of Kashi Go Lean on top of my oats and the dogs LOVE their chunk of Kashi. I find the big pieces and save them for them. As soon as I open the box, they all come running for their piece, except Genie, who stays in her bed with the warmed blanket because she knows I will come give it to her in bed I am well trained
    Julia

You want to hear something funny..a friend of mine ask to see a picture of Brittany. I two of her on my phone the other like you probably 100's of pictures are of Muffin. But in my defense Brittany hates to have her picture taken so i usually have to beg...

I love the Kashi story..heck i'd beg for that too.. i adore that cereal
    Daily Journal
    Food Journal
    To Err Is Human
    To Forgive is Canine

Originally Posted by vanessa40 View Post
    You want to hear something funny..a friend of mine ask to see a picture of Brittany. I two of her on my phone the other like you probably 100's of pictures are of Muffin. But in my defense Brittany hates to have her picture taken so i usually have to beg...

I love the Kashi story..heck i'd beg for that too.. i adore that cereal
    Too funny!

Ok, Buddy, stop the roller coaster ride! Gosh, he had a bad hip night last night. He could barely go outside and when I helped him down the ramp, he just went down to the ground. Had to help him up so he could go pee. Gave him two pain pills and he was better this morning.

Week 5, PHAT, Chest & Arms, Hypertroophy

Flat Smith Bench Press
    3 w/u sets
    weight is including bar
    85# x 11,9
    75# x 10,10
    65# x 8

HS Incline Press
    40# ea side x 10,8
    35# ea side x 11,11

Seated Cable Fly
    25#ea side x 15,15,15,14

Machine Preacher Curl
    45# x 10,10
    40# x 10
    35# x 8

Behind the back single cable curls
    25# x 10
    20# x 13,13

DB Incline Curl
    12.5# x 15,15,15

Straight bar OH tri ext, cable
    75# x 15,12,12

UH grip single cable ext
    20# x 10
    15# x 12,12

Cable Kick Back
    15# x 10
    10# x 12,12

BW chins, neutral grip

Going to wine with hubby, SIL, & MIL tonight, well, at 4:30pm. The wine shop gets really crowded on Friday night unless you go early. MIL's long time boss/co-worker passed away yesterday at 94 years old. He was a really cool guy. Very independent right until the end. MY SIL worked for him as well, so they were kind of sad. Plus MIL is closing up the office that she and John shared and is semi-retiring. I don't think she will ever quit doing water she does, very passionate about water rights, etc. We are helping her move the final stuff tomorrow with our lovely delivery van

Got very cold today and we might get some snow again The mountains are getting it now. I want to go see Silver Linings on Sunday.

I'll do week 6 of PHAT next week, then take a 3 week break doing one three week phase of Y3T, take an off/deload week, then back to PHAT.
    Julia

Poor Buddy..you know hearing about his bad night just breaks my heart. I hope he is doing better today. Give him a big hug for me.

I am also sorry to hear of your MIL boss/co-worker passing away. I think it is wonderful when i hear about older people who are still active up until the end. I plan on being that way too. I don't want to be that old lady sitting in the corner..i want to be out like the lady who is in her 80's that i see at all my races..you know she always wins her age group

Hope you have a great weekend..
    Daily Journal
    Food Journal
    To Err Is Human
    To Forgive is Canine

Thanks Vanessa, I plan on being in the gym lifting in my 80's! Yeah US!!

Poor Buddy. When we got back from wine, he had a very hard time getting off his couch (yes, he has his own couch. It used to be mine...), then when he went outside to potty, I checked on him and he was on the ground and I helped him inside and his foot was bleeding. His bad toe nail had fallen or got pulled/knocked out! It was a dead nail that was pointed outward. I was going to take him to the emergency vet but hubby said to just to bandage it and he would be ok. So, I wrapped it in gauze and put a sock back on his foot, gave him two pain pills and he is resting quietly. I think it did stop bleeding because it is not coming through the sock. In the morning I'll soak his foot to make sure it looks ok.

Julia

Poor Buddy..my heart breaks for him and for you and your husband because i know how much it hurts to see your baby in pain. I'm a sending healing thoughts his way.

I hope you had a nice time at your wine event. Brittnay and her boyfriend go to two a month. She is always telling me about some new wine she has tried..
    Daily Journal
    Food Journal
    To Err Is Human
    To Forgive is Canine

Hi Vanessa, we did have a nice time having wine. That place is SO busy on Friday night. From now on Saturday night only. That's when hubs and I usually go.

Buddy is just breaking my heart these days. I soaked his foot earlier today and put the antibiotic ointment on it. Hubs and I went out for our nice dinner. Got to dress up and I had the most delicious pistachio crusted halibut ever! After getting home and letting the dogs out I decided to check on Buddy's foot, took his sock off, and it's all swollen I don't think it's the nail, I think it's the stitches that were supposed to dissolve but haven't. We soaked it again and reapplied the ointment and put a fresh sock on. I will get him to the vet on Monday.

If it looks worse tomorrow, I'll take him to the emergency vet or call that one that does house calls.

My weight was 130.2lbs this morning so down .4. Taking progress pics in the morning.
    Julia

Good Morning..
    I do hope Buddy is better this morning. Poor guy. It reminds me of Muffin. I was her nurse but i loved every minute of it. Steve said it was good training for me as i will be taking care of him in his old age...lol..

I look forward to seeing the pics and give Buddy a big hug for me.
    Daily Journal
    Food Journal
    To Err Is Human
    To Forgive is Canine

Hi Vanessa, progress pics are in my BodySpace. Took Buddy to the vet and we came to the conclusion that we are just maintaining him. It doesn't appear he's going to heal all the way back to normal BUT it is not getting worse. So, keep the ointment going, sock his foot as needed, the toe nail is gone but not infected. Give him pain pills as needed and just cruise until we feel his quality of life is not good. He still eats, drinks, poops, and seems happy, just hurts more on some days than others.

I'm hungry! Oh, never mind....

Sunday's training:
    Week 6, PHAT, Upper Power

Precor OH grip Rows
    3 w/u sets
    120# x 8,8,8,8

WG Lat Pull Down
    90# x 8,7
    80# x 9,9

MG Cable Rows
    110# x 9,8,8

Flat Precor Bench
    20#ea side x 9,9,9,8

Cybex Incline Press
    95# x 7,8,8,8

Precor OH Press
    110# x 7,7,7,7

BB UR Rows
    45# x 12,11,11,11

EZ BB Curls
    55# x 8,6,8 *happy with that. Had a longer break while chatting, got me 8 reps

Tricep Push Down
    100# x 9,9
    110# x 7

Todays training:

Lower Power
    Sled Leg Press
    4 w/u sets
    300# x 8,8,8,8

RDL
    175# x 10,10,8,8 most reps with this weight! Movin on up!

Machine Hack Squat
    100# x 10
    110# x 10,9,9

Glute Isolator3
    100# x 9,9,9

Quad Ext
    120# x 9
    140# x 7-um, no
    120# x 9

Seated Ham Curls
    120# x 8,8,8

Donkey Calf
    320# x 10,9,9

BW Dips

Super busy day today. My goal for this week is to break into the 129.something (lbs) zone

Calories are right at 1600. Cardio tomorrow and one more day this week after work. I never have it in me to do cardio after training. Did I say I'm hungry???? Dinner is ready soon. Roast beef and roasted cauliflower tonight.
    Julia

I understand about Buddy. Muffin was sick off and on the last year of her life. I did all i could to keep her happy and feeling good . That's all we can do as good mommies..i will go take a look at your pics. I know they look great.
    You have a great day
    Daily Journal
    Food Journal
    To Err Is Human
    To Forgive is Canine

Wife and Sammich Maker rickiecoombs's Avatar
    rickiecoombs is a jewel in the rough. (+500) rickiecoombs is a jewel in the rough. (+500) rickiecoombs is a jewel in the rough. (+500) rickiecoombs is a jewel in the rough. (+500) rickiecoombs is a jewel in the rough. (+500) rickiecoombs is a jewel in the rough. (+500) rickiecoombs is a jewel in the rough. (+500) rickiecoombs is a jewel in the rough. (+500) rickiecoombs is a jewel in the rough. (+500) rickiecoombs is a jewel in the rough. (+500) rickiecoombs is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Hi Julia!

Oh my, poor Buddy. He's lucky to have such a great mommy! LOVE the pic of Beethoven passed out on the couch.

Strong workouts (so jealous of your RDLs!), and your progress pics - WOW! You've made amazing progress in such a short time! How do you feel about the changes so far?

Hope you're having a great day!
    My Journal - Large, But Not in Charge: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=128025573

Hi Rickie, Thank you! I feel my posing is better than the first pics! I'm mostly happy with progress, but I will be dropping cals the rest of this week. Down to 1550-1575 and getting in another cardio session. All of the sudden, time feels like it's going to fly by.

My little Genie is starting to become "Daddy's little Genie" The last two mornings, hubby is on his side facing away from me and Genie is tucked up right next to him facing the same way (both their heads on the pillow)! While it is adorable, she's MY baby

Went to the gym for 30 minutes on the Octane Fitness machine. Five min of warm up, 20 min of intervals, and five min of cool down.

Abs:
    Cybex ab crunch:
    90# x 12
    80# x 11
    70# x 12

Ab Coaster:
    20# added x 15, 15- straight and 15,15 obliques

Cable Crunch:
    60# x 12,12- single pulley

I want my abs looking like a tortoise shell when I'm lean enough

I'm on the waiting list for Gold VIP tickets for the Olympia this year! Next Friday, they release the hold on those tickets.
    Julia