cissastar has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Smile Journey to my first Figure Comp!

Hey everybody!
    I started lifting about 3.5 years ago with a handsome man I was dating, who is now my husband. I started seeing muscle in the first month and I was absolutely hooked. For the past 3 years I've changed my goals from cutting, gaining muscle, and liftin heavy ass weight so many times that I never gave myself a chance to really meat any of those goals. My husband is active duty which led us to move from Washington state all the way to Texas in February. For a good couple months I was just spinning my wheels, skipping gym sessions, eating whatever...etc. Then I decided to start back up with the goal of simply meeting my deadlifting and squat goals. The gym once again became my sanctuary and I FINALLY met a goal! About a month and a half ago I deadlifted 225lbs 2 times with flawless form and squatted 205 4 times without a belt. I was pretty impressed with myself.

Then I started working at the gym where I met a few competitors and all over awesome people. It finally gave me the right push commit to a competition. I committed at 16 weeks out and I am now at 14. I'm working on building as much muscle as I can until 12 weeks then it's cutting time! This has been my first official week eating a true "bodybuilder diet" and I tell you, I've never felt so great! Obviously, I still have the carbs so when I say it feels great, that's probably why. Moreover, i've never taken in this much protein or water, and I feel like because of that, i've never felt this good. Every meal I finish I'm proud of myself. I know this is going to be a huge challenge for me because in 3 weeks, I won't have those Saturday cheat meals anymore but I'm preparing myself mentally now. I also know that I'm going to give up some of my strength when I start my cutting but I KNOW I'll bounce back!

The only people I know who compete are my trainer and a few other women at the gym. I only have so much time with my trainer and the gals at the gym are busy doing their own thing too. Most of the people dear to me are into fitness but not like this. The point i'm trying to get at here is simply that I need an outlet to share my struggles, progress, and tiny feats with! I hope to impress myself but also to inspire others. And with that, a little support from the bb community would be awesssommme

Anyway, I'll keep posting. I've got to go to work but hopefully I can share with some of you ladies as well as help eachother out on our journeys.
    Weight-140
    Height 5'7

cissastar has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I just wanted to share my progress photos of the past month.
    Originally Posted by cissastar View Post
    Hey everybody!
    I started lifting about 3.5 years ago with a handsome man I was dating, who is now my husband. I started seeing muscle in the first month and I was absolutely hooked. For the past 3 years I've changed my goals from cutting, gaining muscle, and liftin heavy ass weight so many times that I never gave myself a chance to really meat any of those goals. My husband is active duty which led us to move from Washington state all the way to Texas in February. For a good couple months I was just spinning my wheels, skipping gym sessions, eating whatever...etc. Then I decided to start back up with the goal of simply meeting my deadlifting and squat goals. The gym once again became my sanctuary and I FINALLY met a goal! About a month and a half ago I deadlifted 225lbs 2 times with flawless form and squatted 205 4 times without a belt. I was pretty impressed with myself.

Then I started working at the gym where I met a few competitors and all over awesome people. It finally gave me the right push commit to a competition. I committed at 16 weeks out and I am now at 14. I'm working on building as much muscle as I can until 12 weeks then it's cutting time! This has been my first official week eating a true "bodybuilder diet" and I tell you, I've never felt so great! Obviously, I still have the carbs so when I say it feels great, that's probably why. Moreover, i've never taken in this much protein or water, and I feel like because of that, i've never felt this good. Every meal I finish I'm proud of myself. I know this is going to be a huge challenge for me because in 3 weeks, I won't have those Saturday cheat meals anymore but I'm preparing myself mentally now. I also know that I'm going to give up some of my strength when I start my cutting but I KNOW I'll bounce back!

The only people I know who compete are my trainer and a few other women at the gym. I only have so much time with my trainer and the gals at the gym are busy doing their own thing too. Most of the people dear to me are into fitness but not like this. The point i'm trying to get at here is simply that I need an outlet to share my struggles, progress, and tiny feats with! I hope to impress myself but also to inspire others. And with that, a little support from the bb community would be awesssommme

Anyway, I'll keep posting. I've got to go to work but hopefully I can share with some of you ladies as well as help eachother out on our journeys.
    Weight-140
    Height 5'7
    Attached Images