Page 10 of 30 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 20 ... LastLast
    vanessa40 is a name known to all. (+5000) vanessa40 is a name known to all. (+5000) vanessa40 is a name known to all. (+5000) vanessa40 is a name known to all. (+5000) vanessa40 is a name known to all. (+5000) vanessa40 is a name known to all. (+5000) vanessa40 is a name known to all. (+5000) vanessa40 is a name known to all. (+5000) vanessa40 is a name known to all. (+5000) vanessa40 is a name known to all. (+5000) vanessa40 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    I use to take dance when i was younger..like in my early teens. I took three years of tap and four years of jazz.
    I loved it.

I can remember one of our dance routines was to the songs Car Wash from the movie of the same name and Grease Lighting from the movie Grease...funny i can still remember some of the moves..it would be even funnier to see me do them...

Hope your Achilles tendon feels better soon and give your puppies a hug for me
    Daily Journal
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=172687201
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Food Journal
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/food/diary
    To Err Is Human
    To Forgive is Canine

Wife and Sammich Maker rickiecoombs's Avatar
    rickiecoombs is a jewel in the rough. (+500) rickiecoombs is a jewel in the rough. (+500) rickiecoombs is a jewel in the rough. (+500) rickiecoombs is a jewel in the rough. (+500) rickiecoombs is a jewel in the rough. (+500) rickiecoombs is a jewel in the rough. (+500) rickiecoombs is a jewel in the rough. (+500) rickiecoombs is a jewel in the rough. (+500) rickiecoombs is a jewel in the rough. (+500) rickiecoombs is a jewel in the rough. (+500) rickiecoombs is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by Luvdogs View Post
    I love my "prime time' with the pups. It goes like this: Abby, Genie (under blanket), me, Bruizer on my lap, Beethoven! That's one couch. Buddy gets his own couch and it goes with him when he goes! I love dance. I would love to learn to tap. I've taken lessons a couple of times but don't really have the time or $$ to get serious about it. A fantasy. I loved all the old Gene Kelly movies and all musicals. I still have my tap shoes, someday...

Still hectic at work. Hoping tomorrow wraps it up. Getting one more delivery, have to go to the CPA office, go to banks to get accounts put into our Trust (we offically have a Trust now. I either feel grown up or OLD). But our heirs will not have to go through probate and there are instructions for the pups too. Although I seriously hope this will not be needed for at least 50 more years

We did end the day at our favorite wine shop with my MIL for Rombauer flight night And I did fit it into my 1600 calories and still managed 159gr of protein.
    Ooooh. That sounds just so snuggly. I want another puppers. Hey, I want four more... But hubz says we don't live on a farm, and therefore we cannot have a copious amount of canine friends running around. So I will live vicariously through other people - like you!

Tap dancing amazes me. Actually, dancing in general amazes me. I have no sense of rhythm. It's awesome that you have that bit of experience behind you to draw from if you ever decide on a whim that you'd like to take it up again!

Nice workout! You's a strong lady. People like you motivate me. You're doing a great thing for yourself, but you're also doing great things for people like me who read your journal! (Sorry if that sounded very brown-nosey. Not intended)

Wine shop, eh? Got a favourite? I'm always looking for something good (but not too expensive?). You seem to have lots of knowledge about vino.

Happy Friday!
    My Journal - Large, But Not in Charge: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=128025573

Redfizz is just really nice. (+1000) Redfizz is just really nice. (+1000) Redfizz is just really nice. (+1000) Redfizz is just really nice. (+1000) Redfizz is just really nice. (+1000) Redfizz is just really nice. (+1000) Redfizz is just really nice. (+1000) Redfizz is just really nice. (+1000) Redfizz is just really nice. (+1000) Redfizz is just really nice. (+1000) Redfizz is just really nice. (+1000)
    Skipping calves until Achilles tendon is healed. Not concernerd with calves, mine are good! Need to get my freekin' tendons healed
    Love your body! Take care of it!

Btw, Hello!
    ~TEAM AMAZON~ Sisterhood of Iron

Journal: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=144133491
    MyFitnessPal Food Diary: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/food/diary/perpetua3d

"Whether you think you can or you thing you can't, you're right!" - Henry Ford

Goal: Build More Muscle! Luvdogs's Avatar
    Luvdogs is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Luvdogs is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Luvdogs is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Luvdogs is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Luvdogs is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Luvdogs is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Luvdogs is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Luvdogs is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Luvdogs is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Luvdogs is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Luvdogs is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Hi V! I love Grease, such a great movie! (((hugs))) all around the puppy palace!

Thanks Rickie, very nice of you to say. Sometimes having 5 dogs is not such a good thing. Like when you wash the floors and then it rains or snows and 20 paws come in the door i would never give up my pups, but going forward, two are plenty! And under 20 lbs.... One of our favorite wines is Runquist. He does great reds and a new fav is Mt. Aukum. The Petit Syrah and Zinfandel are out of this world. They all range in the 20-25 per bottle. Runquist has a great blend called 1448 that sells at 14.95. A bargin for the quality. If chardonnay is your thing: Miner, Rombauer, and for less expensive we like Butter (how can that be bad?) I grew up in Sonoma County, big wine area.

It's been a rough week emotionally. Just lots of little friction items with the business. Hubs and I getting irrtatated with each other which rarely happens so I don't like it at all. Here's to starting the weekend and forgettin' about it

Today was Chest & Arms hypertrophy

Cybex chest press
    80# x 13
    85# x 12,12,12

Cybex Incline press
    65# x 13,12,12,12

Pec Dec fly
    40# x 20,18,17,17

HS chest press-one arm at a time, non working arm holding the weight straight out
    15# ea side x 10,10,10- this was hard. I saw a guy doing this and thought, I think I'll give that a try!

**tried doing some bi's and tri's but wrist was not having it

So, since my left shoulder/tricep are not up to par with my right, did some left shoulder work

Cybex OH press, left arm only
    40# x 11,10,10,10

Machine Lateral raise, left arm
    30# x 13,11,11

Next week I'm not going to do any bi or tri work. I'll do an extra (or two) compound exercises for chest & back that will hit those as well. I'm just prolonging the healing by trying to do them. Since I am cutting, not critical and I'd like to be 100% for the next building phase (after Olympia).
    Julia

Luvdogs is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Luvdogs is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Luvdogs is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Luvdogs is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Luvdogs is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Luvdogs is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Luvdogs is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Luvdogs is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Luvdogs is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Luvdogs is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Luvdogs is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Official weigh in: 133.4lbs That's a total of 3.2lbs in 6 weeks (including a week vacation). .53 per week average (didn't come off that way though). So it appears being compliant on the weekends really helps But we knew this...

Hubs and I had a nice BIG "I'm sorry" hug when I got back from Weight Watchers. Doing some chores now, then going to have some fun! I'm going to make us taco salad for dinner tonight. I do my own seasoning for the meat, no packaged spice mix. Need to go to Whole Foods and Wal-Mart today.

We're having another lovely 90 degress! Fall, where are you????? I'm ready!
    Julia

Cardioconvert is just really nice. (+1000) Cardioconvert is just really nice. (+1000) Cardioconvert is just really nice. (+1000) Cardioconvert is just really nice. (+1000) Cardioconvert is just really nice. (+1000) Cardioconvert is just really nice. (+1000) Cardioconvert is just really nice. (+1000) Cardioconvert is just really nice. (+1000) Cardioconvert is just really nice. (+1000) Cardioconvert is just really nice. (+1000) Cardioconvert is just really nice. (+1000)
    Official weigh in: 133.4lbs That's a total of 3.2lbs in 6 weeks (including a week vacation). .53 per week average (didn't come off that way though). So it appears being compliant on the weekends really helps But we knew this...

Hubs and I had a nice BIG "I'm sorry" hug when I got back from Weight Watchers. Doing some chores now, then going to have some fun! I'm going to make us taco salad for dinner tonight. I do my own seasoning for the meat, no packaged spice mix. Need to go to Whole Foods and Wal-Mart today.

We're having another lovely 90 degress! Fall, where are you????? I'm ready!
    Nice progress Taco salad sounds great - do you put tortillas in it?

We are having cooler weather here today (about 18 degress celsius) - it is a nice break from the heat.

When is your show in the spring? I have followed your journal since you started this one, but can't remember if this is your first? If it is, it will be nice to have a cyber buddy who is also preparing for her first to lean on when we start the show prep cycle .

CC
    “Toughness is in the soul and spirit, not in muscles.” Alex Karras

Follow me on IG: @Cardioconvert

Hi CC, no tortillas. Huby and I pretty much don't eat any flour products. Don't even have bread in the house! I use romaine lettuce (because it stands up to the meat), cheese, taco meat (chili powder, cumin, paprika, cayenne, more cumin ), radish, tomato, jicima. I made a salsa vinagette out of Killer Salsa (local one here that is sooo good), white balsamic, & EVOO.

My show is in June. The same org (INBA) does one here in Aug too, so if I like it, I will do that one as well and YES, it is my first Your first too?

Today was Power Upper:

Precor Wide Grip Over Hand Row
    3 w/u sets @ 60#, 80#, 90#
    160# x 5,5,5,5

WG Lat Pull downs
    90# x 8,8,7,7

Med grip cable rows
    90# x 9
    100# x 8,8,8

Assisted WG pull ups
    90# assist x 6,6

Cybex chest press
    120# x 5,5,5,5

Precor Shoulder Press-was goign to do incl chest but someone took my machine...
    3 w/u sets
    100# x 6,6,6,6 PR!

Cybex Incline chest press
    95# x 6,6,6,6

Machine Lateral raise
    50# x 7,7,7,7

Machine lateral raise, left arm only
    40# x 10,9,9

Machine lateral raise pumpers
    30# x 15,15

Cybex Shoulder press, one holding weight up while pressing with other arm
    60# x 6
    50# x 9,9

Shrugs, used precor flat chest press machine, strattling bench
    35# ea side x 10,10,10

Cybex ab machine
    70# x 12,12,12

Reno had the Hot Air Balloon festival/races this weekend. So cool to see them all up in the air. I DO NOT get up for "dawn patrol" though . Starting mid week we have the Air Races. Last year a plane crashed and killed 11 people and injured (some lost limbs,eye sight) 70. Lets pray for a safe one this year. Investigations did find out the plane was over motified and it was pilot error that caused the crash.

Have to finish prepping my food for the week. Just my salads to do. I pack it all up in an ice chest in teh morning at take it to work. Don't have to think about anything but breakfast & dinner that way.
    Julia

rickiecoombs is a jewel in the rough. (+500) rickiecoombs is a jewel in the rough. (+500) rickiecoombs is a jewel in the rough. (+500) rickiecoombs is a jewel in the rough. (+500) rickiecoombs is a jewel in the rough. (+500) rickiecoombs is a jewel in the rough. (+500) rickiecoombs is a jewel in the rough. (+500) rickiecoombs is a jewel in the rough. (+500) rickiecoombs is a jewel in the rough. (+500) rickiecoombs is a jewel in the rough. (+500) rickiecoombs is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Well, would you believe it - I looked up every one of those wines you listed (I was very excited - thanks for taking the time to rhyme them all off for me!!), and do you think I could find one of them at a store here? Not a one.

I dunno if it's the fact that I live in Canada, or the fact that I live on a deserted rock in the middle of the Atlantic Ocean in Canada... but either way, nada.

How's the wrist?

"I'm sorry" hugs are the best - and most necessary - hugs. They're just such a relief, aren't they? *sigh* Glad everything went back to normal fairly swiftly for you.
    My Journal - Large, But Not in Charge: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=128025573

Hi Rickie-wrist is marginally better. Still wear a brace when lifting and ice it everyday. I think it will be a couple more weeks before fully healed Bummer about the wines but we have the same issue with a Canadian wine we bought while on vacation in BC. It was called Moon Curser Syrah. It's from the Okanagan Valley. Delicious !!!

Today was Lower Power

Sled Leg Press
    3 w/u sets
    310# x 8,8,8,8-I was supposed to start with Super Squat, but someone was there a few exercises were out of my intended order today.

Super Squat Machine
    280# x 5,5,5,5- going up in weight next week on both of these exercises!

Quad ext
    140# x 7,7,6

Seated Ham Curls
    100# x 10
    120# x 6,6-wish there was 110#...

Standing Cable Kickbacks
    70# x 12,12,10 each leg, duh!

Glute Isolator
    90# x 9
    100# x 7,7 Whole stack!

Can't believe this is week 5 of PHAT. Also can't believe hubs and I had two weeks without eating out (on our dime anyway). We did go to dinner last night with hub's gramma (94) and mom. I did good on my choice though so not a problem.
    Julia

Redfizz is just really nice. (+1000) Redfizz is just really nice. (+1000) Redfizz is just really nice. (+1000) Redfizz is just really nice. (+1000) Redfizz is just really nice. (+1000) Redfizz is just really nice. (+1000) Redfizz is just really nice. (+1000) Redfizz is just really nice. (+1000) Redfizz is just really nice. (+1000) Redfizz is just really nice. (+1000) Redfizz is just really nice. (+1000)
    Haha! As soon as I saw that you had a list of recommended wines, I had to search fervently for said list. LOL

Does PHAT recommend not going out to dinner? Is there a link, a book, anything that has information on it?

Hi Red, No, PHAT doesn't recommend not eating out. Our budget recommends it! And since I am trying to lean up a bit, it helps with the diet. So hard to gauge calories with restaurant meals.

Here's a link to the PHAT article:

http://www.simplyshredded.com/mega-f...ated-2011.html

Today was cardio. I did 30 minutes on the Step Mill. Burned 300 cals according to my HRM.

Todays macros:
    Cals: 1575
    Fat: 45
    Carbs: 117 (Quest bar)
    Fib: 36 (Quest bar)
    Protein: 161

I called the Orleans Hotel just to confirm they had my reservation for the Olympia! They do! Making reservations online makes me nervous sometimes. I like to speak with a human just to make sure I want to be a total bodybuilding groupie Pictures with anyone I can find! Not sure what people wear to the night shows. I was just going with skinny jeans & black skinny jeans and a nice top. Some wear dresses I guess??
    Julia

Cardioconvert is just really nice. (+1000) Cardioconvert is just really nice. (+1000) Cardioconvert is just really nice. (+1000) Cardioconvert is just really nice. (+1000) Cardioconvert is just really nice. (+1000) Cardioconvert is just really nice. (+1000) Cardioconvert is just really nice. (+1000) Cardioconvert is just really nice. (+1000) Cardioconvert is just really nice. (+1000) Cardioconvert is just really nice. (+1000) Cardioconvert is just really nice. (+1000)
    I called the Orleans Hotel just to confirm they had my reservation for the Olympia! They do! Making reservations online makes me nervous sometimes. I like to speak with a human just to make sure I want to be a total bodybuilding groupie Pictures with anyone I can find! Not sure what people wear to the night shows. I was just going with skinny jeans & black skinny jeans and a nice top. Some wear dresses I guess??
    Killing myself laughing - you sound like me before a 'destination' race - I must phone the hotel at least 1/2dozen times to make sure I have somewhere to sleep before a race. That Seinfeld episode (where the marathoner stays w/ either Jerry or Kramer) haunts me - bad enough that I have nightmares about races for about the last two weeks leading up to the event!

Body building groupie - nice Look forward to seeing the pics!

CC

I'm having my lunch right now: chicken in a big salad with my home grown cherry tomatoes, YUM They are so sweet!

Back & Shoulders: hypertrophy

Precor OH Grip Row
    3 w/u sets
    120# x 10,10,10,10

WG Lat p/d
    90# x 8
    80# x 12,11,9- felt really weak with these today??

Med Grip cable rows
    80# x 12,13,13,13

HS ISo Lateral Row, neutral grip
    45ea x 20
    55ea x 16,16

Precor OH Press
    2 w/u sets
    90# x 12,12,11,11

Machine Lateral Raise
    30# x 15,13,13,13

Left arm only lateral raise ^^
    30# x 11,13,13

Straight Bar face pulls
    110# x 17
    120# x 14,14,14

Cybex OH Press, alternating arms, hold at top with non working arm
    50# x 13,13,10,10

Today's macros:
    Cals: 1573
    Fat: 47
    Carbs: 97
    Fib: 13
    Protein: 171

Diet is going well. I do get a tad hungry here & there, have to keep busy at those times. I am liking getting a bit leaner so have to keep the big picture in mind. I have Erin Sterns comp picture from her win in Florida this past week as my wallpaper at home. Now that's motivation
    Julia

Leg-Hypertrophy

Super Squat Machine
    3 w/u sets at 90#
    200# x 11,11,11,11

Sled Leg Press
    270# x 12,12,12,12

Sled Leg Pess-Sumo style-wide and outward foot placement
    180# x 10,10-didn't like the way those felt

Sled Leg Press-feet close, touching each other
    180# x 15-nice quad burn there

RDL's
    145# x 13,11,11

Quad Ext-toes out
    60# x 15,13,14-had to get one more rep than last week

Hypers
    25# x 10->drop weight for 6 more x 3 sets

Bench Glute Bridges-two legs-plate on lap
    25# x 14,15,15-my shoulders slipped off the bench on the first set (don't put towel on bench)

Walking Lunges
    50# (25# plate in each hand) x 14,14

It's sunny and 90 in Reno Our forecast will never change...We have a mushroom farm growing in our back yard. I swear there are hundreds of them. They look like big white button mushrooms. I use the pooper scooper to pick them out, but I can't keep up with them As soon as it gets cold again, they will go away, but they bug me. The dogs don't eat them, but it still makes me nervous. I'll be a huntin' shrooms when I get home today
    Julia

TGIF

Chest, Arms, Abs - hypertrophy

Cybex Chest Press
    3 w/u sets
    90# x 12,11,11,11

Cybex Incline Chest press
    70# x 12,12,12,12-up next week

Pec Dec
    45# x 16,16,16,16-up next week

HS Iso Lateral Chest Press-one arm static hold while reps done with other arm
    20# ea side x 11,10,10

DB OH tricep ext
    **this felt ok on my wrist, but not going heavier
    20# x 22,20,20

DB Hammer curls
    20# x 12,12,7
    15# x 5
    10# x 6

Precor Ab crunch machine
    60# x 15,15

Planks-2 until I couldn't hold it

10 minutes on step mill-high intensity

Another weekend with no big plans. Wrist is getting a bit better but I still will use machines and baby it until the end of the month. Hoping for recovery by October for another building phase.

Our Golden Retriever, Buddy was making a lot of noise last night so my husband got up to check on him. He had to go potty and let one nugget out. This is highly unusual for him. He is cast iron. I think his age is creeping up on him. We will make sure he goes out at 10:00pm with the rest of them from now on. We always ask, "Buddy, gotta go?" and if he does he gets up. Now we will insist, for his comfort as well. Poor old guy. He's walking worse lately too and his eyes are getting cloudier. He's 14 and it's really showing this year.

Julia

I hope your wrist gets better soon!

Aw, he's adorable!!! I just want to hug him. Can you give him a belly run from me?

Well, this says a lot about my character - or lack thereof. I giggled out loud at the "nugget" term. I have never heard it referred to that way. LOL

We call them nuggets because Beethoven walks when he poops and he leaves little "nuggets" every 12" or so instead of a pile He wants to get back in the house so bad he doesn't even stop to go potty! Such a strange little dog.
    Julia

OMIGOODNESS THE PUPPERS! I want to hug him, and squeeze him, and pet him, and scratch his earsies!! 14 is a really great age for a pure bred Golden, isn't it? I don't know how people deal when their doggies get old. I can't even think about it. Anyway. Buddy is so very, very handsome. But I'm sure that has already occurred to you, once or twice.

Glad your wrist is feeling a bit better! Hope it continues until it's alllll better!

Hey - wishing you a great weekend (sometimes the ones with no big plans turn out to be thes best ones ).

Buddy is very nice looking - I kinda wish I grew up with dogs - I am not super comfortable around them but when I see people with them, I understand how they are man's best friend. I love how they 'smile' - he looks like he would have a nice smile

CC

Just swinging by to say hello!

Buddy has a great old soul! Sweetest dog and I always though if he were human he would look like Walter Matthau. He's got the saggy jowls.

Weigh in for Saturday was 133.4lb, the same Sooo, I decided to have a mini refeed Had a 10oz frozen yogurt Saturday and used a little extra butter in my dinner that night (filet w/ mushrooms cooked in butter and bacon and green beans). This week I'll sit in the low 1500's, not going over 1525 cals and see what happens. Also did some reading on training while in a deficit and decided to take away one set per exercise. The objective for training at this time is to preserve muscle and over training on low cals can sometimes catabalize muscle.

Had a good upper power workout Sunday:
    Precor WG Row
    3 w/u sets
    160# x 5,5,5

WG Lat Pull down
    90# x 9,8,8

CG Cable Rows
    100# x 10
    110# x 7,7

Assisted pull ups
    90# assist x 8,7 hold at top

Cybex Chest press
    125# x 5,5,5

Cybex incline press
    95# x 8,7,7

Precor Shoulder Press
    100# x 7,7,7

Machine Lateral Raise
    50# x 7,6,7

^^left side only
    40# x 11,10,10

Cybex Should Press, alt. arms, hold at extension non working arm
    60# x 9,8,8

Shrugs
    45# plate each hand x 18,18,18

Today was Lower Power:

Super Squat Machine
    3 w/u sets
    290# x 5,5,5

Sled Leg Press
    320# x 7,7,7

Smith Bulgarian Squats
    50# added to bar x 8,8,8 each leg

Quad Ext
    140# x 8,7,7- I did get one more rep per set, but feeling stuck here...

Lying Ham Curls, Plate loaded machine
    25# x 8,8,8,8

Cable Kick backs
    70# x 12
    80# x 7
    75# x 8-this appears to be "the spot"

Ab crunch machine
    70# x 15
    80# x 12,12,12

Ab Coaster for obliques
    10# x 15,15 each side

We planned the next wine event with the family: Bring a Pair! A wine & food pairing. Each person brings a bottle of their choice with one or two food items they feel best compliments the wine. No dress up (unless we all want to wear fake bewbs (bring a pair)! Um, I vote, no!
    Julia

That sounds like a great party theme! Though the fake bewbs pair is pretty darn funny.

Ooooh - that sounds like a super fun party! Although, knowing me, I'd skip all the food, and just taste-test the vino.

That kind of makes me sound like an alchie. I promise it's not like that. Haha. I really do enjoy a nice glass of wine. Although, I've cut it out almost completely while losing this weight...

I'm looking forward to see what kind of pairings everyone comes up with!

Originally Posted by rickiecoombs View Post
    Ooooh - that sounds like a super fun party! Although, knowing me, I'd skip all the food, and just taste-test the vino.

That kind of makes me sound like an alchie. I promise it's not like that. Haha. I really do enjoy a nice glass of wine. Although, I've cut it out almost completely while losing this weight...

I'm looking forward to see what kind of pairings everyone comes up with!
    Haha! I am so afraid that I sound like an alchie when talking about wine. But it's amazing how it can take a dish from wow to BOOM! I was wondering if getting some degree or certification in vino would be like a get out of jail free pass.

By the way, Lindt's chocolate + 2005 Bordeaux = pupils dilating back and forth.

Does cutting wine out really make that big of a difference in cutting? That makes me a sad panda.

Oh, I have 4-6 oz of wine every night, even while cutting. Now, when comp times comes, that may be different. That's a whole nuther ball game Chocolate & red wine = deliciousness!

Today hubs & I took the pups for a 3 mile walk instead of going to the gym for cardio Ok, the first mile was not so pleasant: neighbors dog came running out their front door as we walked by (haven't taken the pups out in a while and this happens the morning we decide to go) so had to pick up Bruizer and contain Genie while hubby delt with Abby. We just have dogs that do not behave well on leash when other dogs are present. Three other peeps were walking their dogs this morning too. And they ALL pooped big time! Full fanny pack for the walk home and when the breeze shifts peee eeewwww. At the half way point they were all on good behavior. I was nervous because I did not want my wrist torqued. I also decided from now on, we leave Bruizer at home with the other boys and just take two at a time. Much more manageable.

The walk felt good on my sore glutes though. Those Bulgarians really did the job
    Julia

vanessa40 is a name known to all. (+5000) vanessa40 is a name known to all. (+5000) vanessa40 is a name known to all. (+5000) vanessa40 is a name known to all. (+5000) vanessa40 is a name known to all. (+5000) vanessa40 is a name known to all. (+5000) vanessa40 is a name known to all. (+5000) vanessa40 is a name known to all. (+5000) vanessa40 is a name known to all. (+5000) vanessa40 is a name known to all. (+5000) vanessa40 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    I always love to read about your dog walks. It is never dull
    The party sounds like fun too.. I need friends like you near me..
    Daily Journal
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=172687201
    Food Journal
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/food/diary
    To Err Is Human
    To Forgive is Canine

Originally Posted by vanessa40 View Post
    I always love to read about your dog walks. It is never dull
    The party sounds like fun too.. I need friends like you near me..
    I love my family. They are a ton of fun, but other than them (not to make it sound like that isn't good enough) I don't have any girlfriends here I don't socialize with anyone from the gym and all I know there are men. I work by myself mostly (just husband and our maintenance "kid"). I wish you were closer too! We could have Chihuahua play dates
    Julia

Got very busy this week with promotional stuff. I'm making pricing brochures for our products. We don't really have anything like that and customers are asking for it when my husband goes out on calls. I got one done for the Illy, so now I'll make them for each products line and one for cups, lids, etc. Tedious work.

I did do Back & Shoulders yesterday

Today was Legs-Hypertrophy:

Super Squat
    3 w/u sets
    220# x 9,9,9

Sled Leg Press
    280# x 10,10,10

Machine Hack Squat, feet close
    90# x 12,12,12

Glute Isolator
    60# x 12,12,12 each leg

Bench Glute Bridges
    30# x 20
    40# x 15,15

Walking Lunges
    50# x 12,12
    20# x 12,12

Getting very excited about the Olympia, one week from tomorrow I leave for Vegas! Given I've been doing PHAT for 6 weeks now, I think next week will be a deload week and I'll do the three hypertrophy days (making them lighter though) on M-T-W and take the rest of the week off. Come Sunday I'll be back in a building phase again and can really attack PHAT (still really like the program). I go back up to 1800 cals the first week, then add 100 until I get to 2150 again for full building phase.

My husband is having lunch with his sister today and she is not doing well I'm going to go by her office after my shipment comes in too. She's very sad and hubby said almost suicidal. She has had a very hard time since her daughter died last year and now has also broken up with her BF (which needed to happen, believe me). I think some therapy is in order. She one of those "I'm tough" on the outside people, but she is crumbling on the inside. She was so close with Whitney and she was her only child.
    Julia

My husband is having lunch with his sister today and she is not doing well I'm going to go by her office after my shipment comes in too. She's very sad and hubby said almost suicidal. She has had a very hard time since her daughter died last year and now has also broken up with her BF (which needed to happen, believe me). I think some therapy is in order. She one of those "I'm tough" on the outside people, but she is crumbling on the inside. She was so close with Whitney and she was her only child.
    This is devastating to me. Is his sister open to therapy? I'm a huge advocate for psychiatry/psychology. I don't talk about it in my journal, but I am living proof (emphasis on the living) that it can work. I can't imagine having to cope with a burden like that. She must feel absolutely desolate. I hope she gets some help, and I hope things start looking up for her, soon.

Promotional stuff will keep you busy... but it's a good sign that people are actively seeking it out, right?! Yay! Good for business!

Thanks Rickie, my SIL is just the best person. I want her to love life again. She just brightens a room by walking in, I wish she could see that. I HAVE told her that too!

More bad news: our part-time fix it guy (18 years old) just came in and said he needed a couple weeks off to get his life together. Not sleeping, not eating (super rail thin), and says he's been lying to us about the work he was doing. More to that as well. What's going on people????
    Julia