muscleman353 is on a distinguished road. (+10) muscleman353 is on a distinguished road. (+10) muscleman353 is on a distinguished road. (+10) muscleman353 is on a distinguished road. (+10) muscleman353 is on a distinguished road. (+10) muscleman353 is on a distinguished road. (+10) muscleman353 is on a distinguished road. (+10) muscleman353 is on a distinguished road. (+10) muscleman353 is on a distinguished road. (+10) muscleman353 is on a distinguished road. (+10) muscleman353 is on a distinguished road. (+10)

thinking of going keto help

i have 30% bodyfat (obese ) and a lean body mass of 163lbs.
    my bodyweight is 233lbs.
    so i want to use this diet in order to get to a healthy bodyfat so i have some space to bulk.
    i definetely dont care about abs or whatever so 10% bodyfat or sth like 12% is what i am shooting for.
    so i have a few questions for u guys:
    i read many threads and im confused.
    -when going keto do i need a reffed day or meal in carbs?some people say it would ruin my fat loss (takes time to use the carbs in form of glycogen so as to go to ketosis again).others say it is important to have 1 every week (after a 2 week adaption phase).how many carbs are enough? (163 lbs lean mass).
    -do u believe it is good to do everyday cardio (jogging-not anything intense on keto>?or will my squatting suck?
    -where do u get ur fiber?u have to eat a s***load of veggies to get this with no carbs i believe.
    -how much time will it take to lose the fat that i have(47 lbs of fat)?

muscleman353 is on a distinguished road. (+10) muscleman353 is on a distinguished road. (+10) muscleman353 is on a distinguished road. (+10) muscleman353 is on a distinguished road. (+10) muscleman353 is on a distinguished road. (+10) muscleman353 is on a distinguished road. (+10) muscleman353 is on a distinguished road. (+10) muscleman353 is on a distinguished road. (+10) muscleman353 is on a distinguished road. (+10) muscleman353 is on a distinguished road. (+10) muscleman353 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    also because of the glyconeogenesis should i consume more protein and calories than a traditional diet?are 10 eggs daily gonna kill me (srs)?

You never go full Ketard cbeastwood's Avatar
    cbeastwood is on a distinguished road. (+10) cbeastwood is on a distinguished road. (+10) cbeastwood is on a distinguished road. (+10) cbeastwood is on a distinguished road. (+10) cbeastwood is on a distinguished road. (+10) cbeastwood is on a distinguished road. (+10) cbeastwood is on a distinguished road. (+10) cbeastwood is on a distinguished road. (+10) cbeastwood is on a distinguished road. (+10) cbeastwood is on a distinguished road. (+10) cbeastwood is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by muscleman353 View Post
    my bodyweight is 233lbs.
    so i want to use this diet in order to get to a healthy bodyfat so i have some space to bulk.
    i definetely dont care about abs or whatever so 10% bodyfat or sth like 12% is what i am shooting for.
    -when going keto do i need a reffed day or meal in carbs?some people say it would ruin my fat loss (takes time to use the carbs in form of glycogen so as to go to ketosis again).others say it is important to have 1 every week (after a 2 week adaption phase).how many carbs are enough? (163 lbs lean mass).
    -do u believe it is good to do everyday cardio (jogging-not anything intense on keto>?or will my squatting suck?
    -where do u get ur fiber?u have to eat a s***load of veggies to get this with no carbs i believe.
    -how much time will it take to lose the fat that i have(47 lbs of fat)?
    Cardio everyday will help. Get your fiber from leafy greens. If you are lifting during your keto then yes a refeed will be beneficial. If you are wanting to lose weight you do not want to consume more calories than a traditional diet. You want your calories to come from 65% fat 30% protein and 5% carbs.

No 10 eggs a day will not kill you. Eggs are probably the perfect keto food.

Originally Posted by cbeastwood View Post
    Cardio everyday will help. Get your fiber from leafy greens. If you are lifting during your keto then yes a refeed will be beneficial. If you are wanting to lose weight you do not want to consume more calories than a traditional diet. You want your calories to come from 65% fat 30% protein and 5% carbs.

No 10 eggs a day will not kill you. Eggs are probably the perfect keto food.
    thanks brah .repped
    Last edited by muscleman353; 04-03-2012 at 08:54 AM.

JTA762 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) JTA762 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) JTA762 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    My responses in bold:

Originally Posted by muscleman353 View Post
    my bodyweight is 233lbs.
    -when going keto do i need a reffed day or meal in carbs? Depends on your goals. If you want to drop bodyfat quickly, then generally, no. However, if you're doing some high intensity exercises (martial arts, excessive cardio - I mean a lot of cardio, etc) you'll need a once-a-week carb up. some people say it would ruin my fat loss (takes time to use the carbs in form of glycogen so as to go to ketosis again).others say it is important to have 1 every week (after a 2 week adaption phase).how many carbs are enough? (163 lbs lean mass). Start with 300 grams. Experiment
    -do u believe it is good to do everyday cardio (jogging-not anything intense on keto>?or will my squatting suck? I don't like cardio and believe it to be unnecessary. If it's something you like to do, then by all means, please do
    -where do u get ur fiber?u have to eat a s***load of veggies to get this with no carbs i believe. Broccoli, brussel sprouts, spinach, bok choy. See: http://josepharcita.blogspot.com/201...bleslowsugar00
    -how much time will it take to lose the fat that i have(47 lbs of fat)? [b]However long it needs to take. If you're super strict, you can lose the weight as soon as 24 weeks while using tactics to minimize muscle loss.
    Strong people are harder to kill than weak people, and more useful in general - Mark Rippetoe

GOAL:

For my job working with the USFS in Montana I must: be able to carry felled trees, lift boulders, ruck 70# puncheon planks, haul tools over 10 miles along with personal gear, and beat down the camp-invading brown bear. Kidding!

But I do want to be able to run full speed while chasing a bear with a can of pepper spray, screaming obscenities with a hand-rolled cigarette in my mouth.

AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    you realise it's a calorie deficit that determines weight loss right? regardless of how you eat to get there
    Yes... I've started a log - http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=159357321

cbeastwood is on a distinguished road. (+10) cbeastwood is on a distinguished road. (+10) cbeastwood is on a distinguished road. (+10) cbeastwood is on a distinguished road. (+10) cbeastwood is on a distinguished road. (+10) cbeastwood is on a distinguished road. (+10) cbeastwood is on a distinguished road. (+10) cbeastwood is on a distinguished road. (+10) cbeastwood is on a distinguished road. (+10) cbeastwood is on a distinguished road. (+10) cbeastwood is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by AlwaysTryin View Post
    you realise it's a calorie deficit that determines weight loss right? regardless of how you eat to get there
    Why do you come to a keto forum to say this?

AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Why do you come to a keto forum to say this?
    To ensure people don't have incorrect beliefs

I'm not for nor against keto. Obviously you have some issues
    Yes... I've started a log - http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=159357321

To ensure people don't have incorrect beliefs

I'm not for nor against keto. Obviously you have some issues
    I don't have an "issue" I just see people say it all the time.

Besides it being inherently wrong, I also think its kind of a dick move to come in and basically say that all you have to do to lose weight is eat less calories. There's more to it than that for a lot of people.

Comboking is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Comboking is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Comboking is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Comboking is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Comboking is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Comboking is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Comboking is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Comboking is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Comboking is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Comboking is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Comboking is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    ^^ no there isn't....

for the first 3months of my weight lose, with no cardio/lifting lost 30lbs.
    since then(14months) i lost another 72lbs with lifting. so no you don't have to workout to get smaller, its help but your completely wrong and watch dr.OZ to much

currently on keto and have dropped 3lbs in 5days(water weight most likely..)

and for most people... they choose to speed up their weight lose progress with cardio but its not necessary...

therefore
    YOUR INVALID
    ***Misc Lean Bulk Crew***
    ***Misc Cologne Crew***

Originally Posted by Comboking View Post
    ^^ no there isn't....

for the first 3months of my weight lose, with no cardio/lifting lost 30lbs.
    since then(14months) i lost another 72lbs with lifting. so no you don't have to workout to get smaller, its help but your completely wrong and watch dr.OZ to much

currently on keto and have dropped 3lbs in 5days(water weight most likely..)

and for most people... they choose to speed up their weight lose progress with cardio but its not necessary...

therefore
    YOUR INVALID
    It's "you're" your is a pronoun that shows possession. For example, had you said "your argument is invalid" that would have been correct. "You're" is a contract for the two words "you and are" so instead of saying "you are invalid", you can say "you're invalid".

I wasn't even talking about working out either, not sure where you got that from. I was saying that there is more to weight loss than just "eating less calories". If you want to be strictly scientific about it, sure that's all there is. But for most people who have gotten that overweight, theres a whole other mental side to it.
    Last edited by cbeastwood; 04-04-2012 at 01:13 PM.

Comboking is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Comboking is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Comboking is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Comboking is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Comboking is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Comboking is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Comboking is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Comboking is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Comboking is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Comboking is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Comboking is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    is that the only thing you could come up with.... grammar

gtfo fat phuck

i try and help you don't take it
    I'm pretty sure how to lose weight and keep it off(lost 103lbs so far), and you obviously don't
    just go on thinking about how "you're" going to lose weight yet you won't take advice and continue be a stuck up fatty

your hopeless bro stay fat and gtfo the forums
    ***Misc Lean Bulk Crew***
    ***Misc Cologne Crew***

Originally Posted by Comboking View Post
    is that the only thing you could come up with.... grammar

gtfo fat phuck

i try and help you don't take it
    I'm pretty sure how to lose weight and keep it off(lost 103lbs so far), and you obviously don't
    just go on thinking about how "you're" going to lose weight yet you won't take advice and continue be a stuck up fatty

your hopeless bro stay fat and gtfo the forums
    What in the hell are you even talking about? At first you went on some rant about not having to work out, when I never even mentioned working out, and now you're babbling again.

Are you reading another post then replying here? Where in the world did you ever try to help me?

Not sure what your issue is, but chill out. Calling people names over the internet is pretty pointless.

I don't have an "issue" I just see people say it all the time.

Besides it being inherently wrong, I also think its kind of a dick move to come in and basically say that all you have to do to lose weight is eat less calories. There's more to it than that for a lot of people.
    Please explain how it's wrong and you might want to cite references to back to your strong claims

ShtUp&Sqt has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ShtUp&Sqt has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ShtUp&Sqt has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ShtUp&Sqt has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ShtUp&Sqt has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ShtUp&Sqt has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ShtUp&Sqt has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ShtUp&Sqt has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ShtUp&Sqt has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ShtUp&Sqt has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ShtUp&Sqt has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Please explain how it's wrong and you might want to cite references to back to your strong claims
    Take it for what it's worth. Take out the spaces

http:// http://www.awlr.org/1/post/2012/04/a...e-they-derive- from-an-atkins-diet. html

"If a calorie is a calorie, regardless of what macronutrient it comes from, then how is it possible that the Atkins diet allows the most calories, yet they boast the best short term and long term weight loss results? Consumer reports took an average of meal plans for two weeks on each diet (taken from the published books) and found that on average, an Atkins diet suggests eating over 1900 calories per day, while the Zone and Ornish suggest eating 1260 and 1525 respectively.

According to traditional logic, if you want to lose weight, there must be a calorie deficit. In other words, you should find out how many calories your body uses each day, then eat 500 calories less each day and you will lose 1 pound per week. According to PhotoCalorie.com (which employs the widely used mifflin-St Jeor basal metabolic rate equations), for a 5'3" 160 pound woman to lose one pound per week she should eat about 1,480 calories a day. If this person went on the Atkins diet summarized in Consumer Reports, they would be predicted to GAIN a pound each week! And those consuming the Zone diet would be predicted to lose the most weight since they allow the least calories per day.

Yet this doesn't seem to be the case. In this review of diets and the scientific literature supporting them, calories don't predict weight loss."

"Boy, stop lying and don't say you've forgotten, The trouble with you is you ain't been SQUATTIN'." — DALE CLARK, 1983

I am unwilling to trade freedom for security!

Originally Posted by ShtUp&Sqt View Post

"If a calorie is a calorie, regardless of what macronutrient it comes from, then how is it possible that the Atkins diet allows the most calories, yet they boast the best short term and long term weight loss results?
    Water weight... Yay....

This is why I post here, because people like you believe 500 calories surplus without carbs doesn't gain weight like 500 calories surplus with carbs

ShtUp&Sqt has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ShtUp&Sqt has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ShtUp&Sqt has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ShtUp&Sqt has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ShtUp&Sqt has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ShtUp&Sqt has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ShtUp&Sqt has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ShtUp&Sqt has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ShtUp&Sqt has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ShtUp&Sqt has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ShtUp&Sqt has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Water weight... Yay....

This is why I post here, because people like you believe 500 calories surplus doesn't gain weight like 500 calories surplus with carbs
    "If a calorie is a calorie, regardless of what macronutrient it comes from, then how is it possible that the Atkins diet allows the most calories, yet they boast the best short term and long term weight loss results?

1. I run a 500 Calorie Deficit

2. I wasn't presenting as Gospel. Just an interesting article.

3. Wondering if you just missed the words I put in bold or did you just read what you wanted to see? Short term is water weight. That's over the 1st 3 days.
    "Boy, stop lying and don't say you've forgotten, The trouble with you is you ain't been SQUATTIN'." — DALE CLARK, 1983

I am unwilling to trade freedom for security!

Originally Posted by ShtUp&Sqt View Post

1. I run a 500 Calorie Deficit

2. I wasn't presenting as Gospel. Just an interesting article.

3. Wondering if you just missed the words I put in bold or did you just read what you wanted to see? Short term is water weight. That's over the 1st 3 days.
    Find what they classify as "long term". Pretty sure they don't follow these people 5 years down the track once they start consuming carbs again.

Pretty sure "short term" doesn't mean 3 days in that article