sethboss is on a distinguished road. (+10) sethboss is on a distinguished road. (+10) sethboss is on a distinguished road. (+10) sethboss is on a distinguished road. (+10) sethboss is on a distinguished road. (+10) sethboss is on a distinguished road. (+10) sethboss is on a distinguished road. (+10) sethboss is on a distinguished road. (+10) sethboss is on a distinguished road. (+10) sethboss is on a distinguished road. (+10) sethboss is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Clean form check

What do I do wrong? My weaker smaller friend can out clean me D:

I mean full clean. I would like to get under it and ride it down so I can do heavy weight, but I just can't! It is disappointing and makes me want to stop power cleaning altogether

body weight 150
    weight of powerclean 165

I need to get better at getting low and under the bar but I cant.

....I was told to post this here instead so I did please don't get mad for a post that has been posted already

feces99 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) feces99 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) feces99 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) feces99 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) feces99 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) feces99 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) feces99 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) feces99 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) feces99 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) feces99 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) feces99 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by sethboss View Post

What do I do wrong? My weaker smaller friend can out clean me D:

I mean full clean. I would like to get under it and ride it down so I can do heavy weight, but I just can't! It is disappointing and makes me want to stop power cleaning altogether

body weight 150
    weight of powerclean 165

I need to get better at getting low and under the bar but I cant.

....I was told to post this here instead so I did please don't get mad for a post that has been posted already
    learn how to pull a bar from the floor first. your back was like jelly
    Gym lifts (PB): C&J: 132.5k, Snatch: 107.5k (p)Jerk: 138k, Clean: 137k Front Squat: 153
    Deadlift: 455, Squat: 380(oly) 360 (pl), Bench: 245, CPUs: 9001
    Comp Total: 237k

sethboss is on a distinguished road. (+10) sethboss is on a distinguished road. (+10) sethboss is on a distinguished road. (+10) sethboss is on a distinguished road. (+10) sethboss is on a distinguished road. (+10) sethboss is on a distinguished road. (+10) sethboss is on a distinguished road. (+10) sethboss is on a distinguished road. (+10) sethboss is on a distinguished road. (+10) sethboss is on a distinguished road. (+10) sethboss is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Do you mean deadlift?

feces99 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) feces99 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) feces99 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) feces99 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) feces99 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) feces99 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) feces99 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) feces99 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) feces99 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) feces99 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) feces99 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Do you mean deadlift?
    No. I mean pull. In oly lifting Pull =/= deadlift.

Here is a snatch pull. Note that the arms only bend after the body has reached its final extension. That is the first step of turning over. The object of a pull is not to get the bar as high as possible, but rather to reinforce good technique and bar path.
    Gym lifts (PB): C&J: 132.5k, Snatch: 107.5k (p)Jerk: 138k, Clean: 137k Front Squat: 153

Originally Posted by feces99 View Post
    No. I mean pull. In oly lifting Pull =/= deadlift.

Here is a snatch pull. Note that the arms only bend after the body has reached its final extension. That is the first step of turning over. The object of a pull is not to get the bar as high as possible, but rather to reinforce good technique and bar path.

Thanks a lot feces that actually makes a lot of sense to me ( even though I am a newbie). f

I tried extending my full body like hips and all, and I am generating less lift than ever. Question-Do you physically hit your hips/thighs on the bar?

chigiskov will become famous soon enough. (+50) chigiskov will become famous soon enough. (+50) chigiskov will become famous soon enough. (+50) chigiskov will become famous soon enough. (+50) chigiskov will become famous soon enough. (+50) chigiskov will become famous soon enough. (+50) chigiskov will become famous soon enough. (+50) chigiskov will become famous soon enough. (+50) chigiskov will become famous soon enough. (+50) chigiskov will become famous soon enough. (+50) chigiskov will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I tried extending my full body like hips and all, and I am generating less lift than ever. Question-Do you physically hit your hips/thighs on the bar?
    It's more like a well-timed "scoop". The bar is super close to your shins/thighs on the pull and the bar must continue to move straight up while you get under. The bar makes contact but you aren't just extending your hips and hitting it (like a...humping motion). If you do that, the bar will loop out. Honestly getting this part right in weightlifting is probably the part that requires close watching from someone who knows what they are doing the most. Intuitively, the concept is a bit confusing to learn on your own. I remember bruising the piss out of my pubic bone.

Originally Posted by chigiskov View Post
    It's more like a well-timed "scoop". The bar is super close to your shins/thighs on the pull and the bar must continue to move straight up while you get under. The bar makes contact but you aren't just extending your hips and hitting it (like a...humping motion). If you do that, the bar will loop out. Honestly getting this part right in weightlifting is probably the part that requires close watching from someone who knows what they are doing the most. Intuitively, the concept is a bit confusing to learn on your own. I remember bruising the piss out of my pubic bone.
    When I try it that way I barely get any more momentum than I do on a fricken dead lift-ugh!

olyw8lifter is a name known to all. (+5000) olyw8lifter is a name known to all. (+5000) olyw8lifter is a name known to all. (+5000) olyw8lifter is a name known to all. (+5000) olyw8lifter is a name known to all. (+5000) olyw8lifter is a name known to all. (+5000) olyw8lifter is a name known to all. (+5000) olyw8lifter is a name known to all. (+5000) olyw8lifter is a name known to all. (+5000) olyw8lifter is a name known to all. (+5000) olyw8lifter is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Yes, you should hit/bump the bar on your thighs!! I've been working with a guy who was trained by a European National Champ and that's what he's got me working on!!
    Training log: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=168969133

Originally Posted by olyw8lifter View Post
    Yes, you should hit/bump the bar on your thighs!! I've been working with a guy who was trained by a European National Champ and that's what he's got me working on!!
    Wouldn't that just kick the bar away? When i watch high level lifters lift in slow motion i do not see the bar vibrate at all (which occurs if you bang the thighs on the bar.) There was a khazak lifter who did that ( a 48 woman at the world championships) on a world record attempt and missed it forward (all of her snatches were forward, she had to walk a bit to stand up.)

chigiskov will become famous soon enough. (+50) chigiskov will become famous soon enough. (+50) chigiskov will become famous soon enough. (+50) chigiskov will become famous soon enough. (+50) chigiskov will become famous soon enough. (+50) chigiskov will become famous soon enough. (+50) chigiskov will become famous soon enough. (+50) chigiskov will become famous soon enough. (+50) chigiskov will become famous soon enough. (+50) chigiskov will become famous soon enough. (+50) chigiskov will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Wouldn't that just kick the bar away? When i watch high level lifters lift in slow motion i do not see the bar vibrate at all (which occurs if you bang the thighs on the bar.) There was a khazak lifter who did that ( a 48 woman at the world championships) on a world record attempt and missed it forward (all of her snatches were forward, she had to walk a bit to stand up.)
    They are all making contact with the bar no matter how subtle.

olyw8lifter is a name known to all. (+5000) olyw8lifter is a name known to all. (+5000) olyw8lifter is a name known to all. (+5000) olyw8lifter is a name known to all. (+5000) olyw8lifter is a name known to all. (+5000) olyw8lifter is a name known to all. (+5000) olyw8lifter is a name known to all. (+5000) olyw8lifter is a name known to all. (+5000) olyw8lifter is a name known to all. (+5000) olyw8lifter is a name known to all. (+5000) olyw8lifter is a name known to all. (+5000)
    If you're keeping your upper back tight, then no, the bar won't get away from you. If your back is tight and chest out/proud, you should be engaging your lats and this will keep the bar from bumping away from you as you will still be pulling on the bar after you bump it.
    Training log: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=168969133

ugjennomtrengelig mørke fraverdenstreet's Avatar
    fraverdenstreet is just really nice. (+1000) fraverdenstreet is just really nice. (+1000) fraverdenstreet is just really nice. (+1000) fraverdenstreet is just really nice. (+1000) fraverdenstreet is just really nice. (+1000) fraverdenstreet is just really nice. (+1000) fraverdenstreet is just really nice. (+1000) fraverdenstreet is just really nice. (+1000) fraverdenstreet is just really nice. (+1000) fraverdenstreet is just really nice. (+1000) fraverdenstreet is just really nice. (+1000)
    why would you want to ride a clean down ?

To do more weight of course.

Still working on the bump, it just feels so unnatural to me

ugjennomtrengelig mørke fraverdenstreet's Avatar
    fraverdenstreet is just really nice. (+1000) fraverdenstreet is just really nice. (+1000) fraverdenstreet is just really nice. (+1000) fraverdenstreet is just really nice. (+1000) fraverdenstreet is just really nice. (+1000) fraverdenstreet is just really nice. (+1000) fraverdenstreet is just really nice. (+1000) fraverdenstreet is just really nice. (+1000) fraverdenstreet is just really nice. (+1000) fraverdenstreet is just really nice. (+1000) fraverdenstreet is just really nice. (+1000)
    To do more weight of course.

Still working on the bump, it just feels so unnatural to me
    i was pointing out a flaw in your wording
    you never want to aim to ride a clean down, you want to meet the bar already in a full squat