jtuck16 is on a distinguished road. (+10) jtuck16 is on a distinguished road. (+10) jtuck16 is on a distinguished road. (+10) jtuck16 is on a distinguished road. (+10) jtuck16 is on a distinguished road. (+10) jtuck16 is on a distinguished road. (+10) jtuck16 is on a distinguished road. (+10) jtuck16 is on a distinguished road. (+10) jtuck16 is on a distinguished road. (+10) jtuck16 is on a distinguished road. (+10) jtuck16 is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Unhappy significant decrease in amount able to lift

OK so I have lost about 30lbs in the last few months thru diet, and never noticed much of a decrease in the weight room. But for the last 2-3 weeks I have not been able to lift what I used to be able to lift! it is worrying me..

For instance, dumbbell shoulder press used to be: 12x60lbs, 10x65lbs 8x70lbs

Now its: 10x55, 10x55, 10x55 - If i am lucky!

Is this normal? am i doing something wrong? is it all in my head? what can i do to fix this?

I want to lose about 10 more pounds during my cut.

Any advice is greatly appreciated!

stingray72 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) stingray72 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) stingray72 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) stingray72 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) stingray72 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) stingray72 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) stingray72 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) stingray72 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) stingray72 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) stingray72 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) stingray72 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by jtuck16 View Post
    OK so I have lost about 30lbs in the last few months thru diet, and never noticed much of a decrease in the weight room. But for the last 2-3 weeks I have not been able to lift what I used to be able to lift! it is worrying me..

Is this normal? am i doing something wrong? is it all in my head? what can i do to fix this?

I went through the same thing deeper into my cut. Try eating at maintenance for a couple weeks then resume cutting. You should regain strength.
    Why do I do this weightlifting thing for the last 34 years with all its ups and downs life has handed me? Because each time I came back stronger. NEVER GIVE UP. Gym life is about more than muscles getting bigger and weights going up. Its wisdom discipline dedication humility you name it.

inthemarket has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by stingray72 View Post
    I went through the same thing deeper into my cut. Try eating at maintenance for a couple weeks then resume cutting. You should regain strength.
    Agreed. I'd also take a week off for a deload.

paradux has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) paradux has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) paradux has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) paradux has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) paradux has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) paradux has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) paradux has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) paradux has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) paradux has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) paradux has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) paradux has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Are you on low carb diet by any chance? How much calories are you consuming?

CrownMe will become famous soon enough. (+50) CrownMe will become famous soon enough. (+50) CrownMe will become famous soon enough. (+50) CrownMe will become famous soon enough. (+50) CrownMe will become famous soon enough. (+50) CrownMe will become famous soon enough. (+50) CrownMe will become famous soon enough. (+50) CrownMe will become famous soon enough. (+50) CrownMe will become famous soon enough. (+50) CrownMe will become famous soon enough. (+50) CrownMe will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by inthemarket View Post
    Agreed. I'd also take a week off for a deload.
    I experience the same thing with my DB press every now and then and I have to take a week of from shoulder day. I think we work our shoulders more than we feel and this just happens. After a week off I am usually good though.
    I'm like the opposite of a bulimic chick....everytime I look in the mirror I think I'm too skinny and I start shoving food down my throat.

Serpentarius has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Serpentarius has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Serpentarius has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Serpentarius has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Serpentarius has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Serpentarius has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Serpentarius has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Serpentarius has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Serpentarius has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Serpentarius has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Serpentarius has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I do not know what causes it, but it feels like when you are all carbed up, the glycogen gives you artificial strength. i went through this on my last cut and as soon as i carbed up everything came right back. The same thing happened ONLY with my bench as soon as i started cutting two weeks ago. Even with lots of carbs this happened to me, but again it came back the week i started bulking and the week after. Dont get down on yourself, just do what you can for now and try not to lower the weight unless reps are rapidly falling off where you can only do a couple.
    You may be overdue for a rest week from the gym depending on intensity level/fatigue, or at the very least a deload.
    There is always someone less fortunate, with real hunger, with real adversity, who made something of themselves. What is your excuse?

Brandtw has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Brandtw has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Brandtw has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Brandtw has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Brandtw has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Brandtw has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Brandtw has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Brandtw has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Brandtw has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Brandtw has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Brandtw has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    You most likely cut your weight too fast. You should aim for a deficit of 500-1000 calories at the end of the day. 3500 calories make up a pound so you dont want to lose anymore than 1-2 pounds per week. The slower you lose the weight, the more muscle you can retain and visa versa. Its also important to keep your protein intake high during a cut. Especially if you are cutting down on your carbs.

Wrestling isnt just a sport. Its a way of life.

jtuck16 is on a distinguished road. (+10) jtuck16 is on a distinguished road. (+10) jtuck16 is on a distinguished road. (+10) jtuck16 is on a distinguished road. (+10) jtuck16 is on a distinguished road. (+10) jtuck16 is on a distinguished road. (+10) jtuck16 is on a distinguished road. (+10) jtuck16 is on a distinguished road. (+10) jtuck16 is on a distinguished road. (+10) jtuck16 is on a distinguished road. (+10) jtuck16 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by paradux View Post
    Are you on low carb diet by any chance? How much calories are you consuming?
    Im not on any kind of low carb diet, but i dont specifically try to hit carbs, I just hit fats (100g) and protein (190g) roughly. And i eat about 2300 cals a day, and sometimes on weekends I let myself go lol

thanks for all the feedback guys

Electricheadd is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Electricheadd is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Electricheadd is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Electricheadd is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Electricheadd is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Electricheadd is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Electricheadd is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Electricheadd is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Electricheadd is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Electricheadd is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Electricheadd is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Im not on any kind of low carb diet, but i dont specifically try to hit carbs, I just hit fats (100g) and protein (190g) roughly. And i eat about 2300 cals a day, and sometimes on weekends I let myself go lol

thanks for all the feedback guys
    Depending on your volume of lifting and if you do any cardio that may be enough to carb deplete you over time. (According to your macros your around 150g/day) Try taking a refeed day where you eat at or slightly above maintenance and include 300-400g of carbs in those calories. Your fat/protein macros won't matter as much that day since you will be above maintenance.
    My Reverse Diet Log
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=153750981&p=1077733831#post1077733831

I don't skip leg day. YouMadDawg's Avatar
    YouMadDawg will become famous soon enough. (+50) YouMadDawg will become famous soon enough. (+50) YouMadDawg will become famous soon enough. (+50) YouMadDawg will become famous soon enough. (+50) YouMadDawg will become famous soon enough. (+50) YouMadDawg will become famous soon enough. (+50) YouMadDawg will become famous soon enough. (+50) YouMadDawg will become famous soon enough. (+50) YouMadDawg will become famous soon enough. (+50) YouMadDawg will become famous soon enough. (+50) YouMadDawg will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    My lifts have gone up during my cut. When I did a PSMF (Dukan Diet) I lost ALL my lifts...because I was starving my muscles. My chest presses and bicep curls have gone through the roof and I'm running sub-14 minute 2 milers for the first time in my life....80-something pounds into a cut.

Electricheadd makes a good point. Refeeds are not neccessary, but for me its a mental thing and I like the way I lean out after a high carb day. I refeed once a week now.
    brb, transformin'

November 2016: 203 pounds, 12.1% bodyfat (BodPod, October 2016).