Lucanskinner has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Lucanskinner has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Lucanskinner has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Lucanskinner has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Lucanskinner has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Lucanskinner has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Lucanskinner has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Pasta before bed?

Okay i want to know once and for all, is pasta/any carbs, bad before bed?
    I've seen people say no it doesn't matter, as long as it fits your macros.
    or
    Yes it'l sit in your stomach and turn to fat.

I'm cooking up some Pesto Pasta now for dinner.
    I won't be going to bed for another 4-5 solid hours.
    i also had a gym workout today, 3 hours ago.

Just wondering if it'd be okay to eat the pasta?

I'm not worried about it going over my calorie intake as today all i've eaten was.

Museli and milk for breakfast. - 9:40am
    Half a serving of spaghetti bolognaise - 12:30pm
    Gym workout 4:30-6
    6 Steamed beef dumplings & a protein shake after workout - ( beef dumplings 41 calories each one so 246 altogether
    Fat - 0.98g
    Carbs- 3.54g
    Protein- 4.27g
    each.
    Museli and milk when i got home after my workout

and now i'm going to have some pesto pasta.

bad idea? if so i can chuck it in the fridge and have it for lunch tomorrow.

NOTE:
    I KNOW THAT ALL THE FOOD I ATE TODAY WASN'T THE BEST CUTTING FOOD, I'M A SLOW LEARNER AND AM LEARNING TO EAT THE RIGHT FOODS, DAILY INTAKE AND SO ON.

so if you're going to critize and say bad foods then please don't.

Lucanskinner has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Lucanskinner has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Lucanskinner has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Lucanskinner has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Lucanskinner has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Lucanskinner has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Lucanskinner has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Also, if i need to depending on the replies.

I can go for some running & sprints out on the street with my brother.

AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    You better not go to sleep if you eat it brah
    Yes... I've started a log - http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=159357321

BloodySalad is just really nice. (+1000) BloodySalad is just really nice. (+1000) BloodySalad is just really nice. (+1000) BloodySalad is just really nice. (+1000) BloodySalad is just really nice. (+1000) BloodySalad is just really nice. (+1000) BloodySalad is just really nice. (+1000) BloodySalad is just really nice. (+1000) BloodySalad is just really nice. (+1000) BloodySalad is just really nice. (+1000) BloodySalad is just really nice. (+1000)
    ^^ The Freddy Krueger of bedtime meals.

OP, you can eat whatever you want, whenever you want.
    The only thing you really have to worry about is going over your calorie limit.

Personally, I don't eat last thing at night as I find it hard to sleep, but hey, whatever floats your boat.

Jen0va is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Jen0va is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Jen0va is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Jen0va is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Jen0va is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Jen0va is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Jen0va is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Jen0va is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Jen0va is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Jen0va is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Jen0va is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    The only foods you should avoid before bed are those which you personally feel hinders your ability to sleep. Body composition is not effected by food choices before sleeping ALONE. this myth comes from the general tendency of less educated individuals who sit on there ass late at night and OVEReat. They are gaining fat because they are putting themselves in a caloric surplus, not because they are eating late at night.

some perspective, just to clarify: If, for one week, you ate once a day right before you went to sleep and you consumed the same amount of calories as is your TDEE, you would weigh the same at the end of that week as you did in the beginning of that week.
    My log:http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=147520713

**BTK** Bustin Ass Errday all day. One Day at a Time.

**PoP** Physiques of Pasta

Reborn July 29th 2011 BTGOG

Recovery b4 everything else, w/o my sobriety, I cannot hope to have anything else.

My pronouns are bro/brah Tommy W.'s Avatar
    Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Your body will store carbs as glycogen first. If the G stores are low you're fine if the g stores are already full then you could have a problem.
    If you don't get what you want you didn't want it bad enough

Pro Choice
    Non Christian
    MAGA
    2A Advocate
    FJB

schnitzer31 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) schnitzer31 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) schnitzer31 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) schnitzer31 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) schnitzer31 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) schnitzer31 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) schnitzer31 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) schnitzer31 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) schnitzer31 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) schnitzer31 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) schnitzer31 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    at the end of the day its ur calories that matter but it seems that ur protein intake is way too low and ur carb intake is very high....not ideal during a cut IMO

snorkelman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) snorkelman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) snorkelman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) snorkelman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) snorkelman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) snorkelman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) snorkelman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) snorkelman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) snorkelman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) snorkelman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) snorkelman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)

Location: Belfast, Northern Ireland, United Kingdom (Great Britain)
    crook5y has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) crook5y has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) crook5y has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) crook5y has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) crook5y has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) crook5y has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) crook5y has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) crook5y has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) crook5y has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) crook5y has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) crook5y has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    As long as you are hitting your daily calorie requirements,its fine.Although it is a bit of a weird pre-bed meal,whats wrong with some cottage cheese/casein protein lol?
    Haters gonna hate!

Follow my cutting progress:

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=141809801

jared767 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jared767 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jared767 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jared767 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jared767 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jared767 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jared767 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jared767 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jared767 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jared767 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jared767 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Carbs or calories that will sit in your stomach is a myth. When you wake up in the morning and start to move around, those calories then, are burned.
    Love life and live healthy. Let's not complicate things.

Jen0va is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Jen0va is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Jen0va is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Jen0va is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Jen0va is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Jen0va is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Jen0va is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Jen0va is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Jen0va is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Jen0va is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Jen0va is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by crook5y View Post
    As long as you are hitting your daily calorie requirements,its fine.Although it is a bit of a weird pre-bed meal,whats wrong with some cottage cheese/casein protein lol?
    nothing is wrong with cottage cheese and casein protein. What's wrong is thinking it's a magical pre-bed food.

What would be wrong is prefering to eat pasta, but because of misconceptions about foods choosing to eat cottage cheese and casein instead even though protein and fat sufficiency was met already.
    My log:http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=147520713

**BTK** Bustin Ass Errday all day. One Day at a Time.

**PoP** Physiques of Pasta

Reborn July 29th 2011 BTGOG

Recovery b4 everything else, w/o my sobriety, I cannot hope to have anything else.

ParsonBrown is just really nice. (+1000) ParsonBrown is just really nice. (+1000) ParsonBrown is just really nice. (+1000) ParsonBrown is just really nice. (+1000) ParsonBrown is just really nice. (+1000) ParsonBrown is just really nice. (+1000) ParsonBrown is just really nice. (+1000) ParsonBrown is just really nice. (+1000) ParsonBrown is just really nice. (+1000) ParsonBrown is just really nice. (+1000) ParsonBrown is just really nice. (+1000)
    whats wrong with some cottage cheese/casein protein lol?
    Both cottage cheese and casein protein make me gag instantly....that's what wrong with them! That's why I eat cereal before bed or PBJ's.
    *Unaesthetic Crew* Disregard V-Taper, Acquire PRs Thread

"I think most of us would pay good money to be able to fit a whole jar of the greatest thing known to man into our macros on a daily basis." - MikeK46

crook5y has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) crook5y has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) crook5y has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) crook5y has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) crook5y has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) crook5y has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) crook5y has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) crook5y has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) crook5y has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) crook5y has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) crook5y has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Originally Posted by ParsonBrown View Post
    Both cottage cheese and casein protein make me gag instantly....that's what wrong with them! That's why I eat cereal before bed or PBJ's.
    Just take whey with some milk.
    Haters gonna hate!

ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz
    Originally Posted by Lucanskinner View Post
    ... know once and for all, is pasta/any carbs, bad before bed?
    You must be new here.
    No brain, no gain.

"The fitness and nutrition world is a breeding ground for obsessive-compulsive behavior. The irony is that many of the things people worry about have no impact on results either way, and therefore aren't worth an ounce of concern."--Alan Aragon

Where the mind goes, the body follows.

Ironwill Gym:
    https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showpost.php?p=629719403&postcount=3388

Ironwill2008 Journal:
    https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=157459343&p=1145168733

ParsonBrown is just really nice. (+1000) ParsonBrown is just really nice. (+1000) ParsonBrown is just really nice. (+1000) ParsonBrown is just really nice. (+1000) ParsonBrown is just really nice. (+1000) ParsonBrown is just really nice. (+1000) ParsonBrown is just really nice. (+1000) ParsonBrown is just really nice. (+1000) ParsonBrown is just really nice. (+1000) ParsonBrown is just really nice. (+1000) ParsonBrown is just really nice. (+1000)
    Just take whey with some milk.
    My attempt at sarcasm failed ....

You stated earlier that daily calories (and I will assume macronutrients) is what matters....IF that is true why would you try to impose restrictions on food types before bed.

As long as daily calorie/macro/micro needs are met, what you eat before bed will have little to NO impact on body composition in the grand scheme.

"I think most of us would pay good money to be able to fit a whole jar of the greatest thing known to man into our macros on a daily basis." - MikeK46

My attempt at sarcasm failed ....

what you eat before bed will have little to NO impact on body composition in the grand scheme.
    I disagree.
    Haters gonna hate!

I disagree.
    You left out the part about DAILY nutrients needs being satisfied. People can disagree all they want. You ultimately can do whatever you want. But in the grand scheme of your life....for example....10 days from now, will your body composition be majorly impacted becasue you chose to consume 50g of CHO at 8:30pm in the day vs 3:34pm. IN REAL life...it won't be enough, if at all, for you or anyone else to discern.

But again, you can eat/do whatever you want. That certainly won't impact my body composition or general quality of life.

You left out the part about DAILY nutrients needs being satisfied. People can disagree all they want. You ultimately can do whatever you want. But in the grand scheme of your life....for example....10 days from now, will your body composition be majorly impacted becasue you chose to consume 50g of CHO at 8:30pm in the day vs 3:34pm. IN REAL life...it won't be enough, if at all, for you or anyone else to discern.

But again, you can eat/do whatever you want. That certainly won't impact my body composition or general quality of life.
    In 10 days no.Over a period of 6 months?Yes.
    Haters gonna hate!

Registered User ErikTheElectric's Avatar
    ErikTheElectric has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ErikTheElectric has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ErikTheElectric has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ErikTheElectric has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ErikTheElectric has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ErikTheElectric has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ErikTheElectric has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ErikTheElectric has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ErikTheElectric has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ErikTheElectric has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ErikTheElectric has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    No, go do the sprints. All the carbs will turn you fat.

Originally Posted by ErikTheElectric View Post
    No, go do the sprints. All the carbs will turn you fat.
    I have failed then...I had a poptart one night 6 months ago. Should I still go do some sprints now or is it too late to even matter? I'm just so confused now.

Burt12 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Burt12 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Burt12 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Burt12 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Burt12 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Burt12 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Burt12 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Burt12 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Burt12 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Burt12 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Burt12 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Carbs=energy so if you think you will have a hard time sleeping then don't eat them but I'd they fit in your daily calorie intake then go at it.
    "The mind is the limit. As long as the mind can envision the fact that you can do something, you can do it, as long as you really believe 100 percent."

Bulk time

MikeK46 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MikeK46 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MikeK46 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MikeK46 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MikeK46 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MikeK46 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MikeK46 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MikeK46 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MikeK46 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MikeK46 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MikeK46 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by Lucanskinner View Post
    Okay i want to know once and for all, is pasta/any carbs, bad before bed?
    I've seen people say no it doesn't matter, as long as it fits your macros.
    or
    Yes it'l sit in your stomach and turn to fat.
    Nutrient timing is irrelevant for body composition.