Adeno has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Adeno has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Adeno has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Adeno has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Adeno has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Adeno has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Adeno has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Adeno has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Adeno has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Adeno has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Adeno has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)

Cramps With Ketogenic Diet?

Hi there! I'm just wondering, is it normal to have cramps, specifically on the right side of the stomach/abs, after weight lifting/pulling/pushing while on a Ketogenic diet? I walk fast for about 1.5 miles before weight lifting, I don't know if that's the problem. Anyway, out of all the exercises I do, I only get cramps in that specific location when weight training. I also don't eat breakfast before training but I do drink water and pee first.

Thanks for any advice, the cramp is the only thing that's scaring me from weight training but I really want to do it, if there's only a way to remove the cramp part.

ISanctifiedI has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ISanctifiedI has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ISanctifiedI has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    cramps can be from a number of things, most of the time when I get them its from dehydration. Its strange that you are only getting them in one specific area though. Try upping your water intake before/during lifting, and I would definitely suggest at the very least eating something before working out even if its only a hard boiled egg. Your muscles need some kind of nutrients to them before lifting otherwise you're going to suffer.

Don't get caught up in the hype that working out while fasted is the best way to lose weight because that is utter bull**** and very dangerous. Calories in vs calories out causes weight loss.

Adeno has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Adeno has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Adeno has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Adeno has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Adeno has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Adeno has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Adeno has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Adeno has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Adeno has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Adeno has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Adeno has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Thanks! I'll also bring along a jug of water. I guess that's my mistake last week. I sweat a lot while walking and I must have underestimated myself. Anyway I'll go eat a little egg before training later when I wake up. I hope cramps won't surprise me anymore while weight training. Once the cramp is gone, it's all enjoyable

badgerboy52 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) badgerboy52 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) badgerboy52 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) badgerboy52 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) badgerboy52 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) badgerboy52 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    You need more calcium in your diet. I would suggest adding one or increasing the dosage and that should solve the problem

rob2093124 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) rob2093124 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) rob2093124 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) rob2093124 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) rob2093124 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) rob2093124 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) rob2093124 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) rob2093124 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) rob2093124 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) rob2093124 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) rob2093124 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by ISanctifiedI View Post
    cramps can be from a number of things, most of the time when I get them its from dehydration. Its strange that you are only getting them in one specific area though. Try upping your water intake before/during lifting, and I would definitely suggest at the very least eating something before working out even if its only a hard boiled egg. Your muscles need some kind of nutrients to them before lifting otherwise you're going to suffer.

Don't get caught up in the hype that working out while fasted is the best way to lose weight because that is utter bull**** and very dangerous. Calories in vs calories out causes weight loss.
    this^^^

Thanks! Yeah it's weird, even back during my teenage years when I was 290 lbs and dropped to 200, all the exercises I did were fine, but whenever I do sit-ups or do something that involved the abs/tummy area, I also got the cramps! Back then I wasn't on the Ketogenic/Atkins style of eating though because I still had rice/bread/fruits in major quantities.

For calcium, for some reason I have this crazy idea of softening chicken/animal bone until it's edible lol! I wonder if that's possible though, a little weird haha

badgerboy52 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) badgerboy52 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) badgerboy52 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) badgerboy52 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) badgerboy52 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) badgerboy52 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    just so you know im not making it up..this is from The Anabolic Diet

Calcium is needed to prevent muscle cramping when exercising. Some anecdotal evidence
    also indicates that it may well delay the onset of fatigue in muscle. It’s suspected that calcium
    may also increase growth hormone secretion during exercise. Take 500–1,000 milligrams of
    calcium prior to working out and 500–1,000 during the workout. Calcium can be taken in the
    form of Rolaids

I followed the advice. I ate one fish before training and brought a 2.2 Liter jug of water with me. After walking fast (with little "knee kicks" here and there) for around 40 minutes I took a break to drink a lot of water since I had that sensation when the ab/tummy cramp was preparing to attack at a later time. After the feeling went away, I went back to walking fast until I finished my goal for the day.

I rested for around 10 minutes by going outside to get fresh air while drinking some more and when I felt better, I went to the weight machine. I started slowly since it was a bit scary (it's freaky when you know the ab/tummy cramp will come but not when!) and then did my exercises. After one type of weight exercise I just drank more water, rested a bit, then went to the next one.

After I was done at the gym, I knew the scary cramp might still happen so I just decided to walk around the neighborhood slowly while drinking more water. When I got home and finally rested for a while after an hour, there's still no cramp! I'm just happy now that I can do what I have to do without having to worry about that terrible cramp anymore lol!

Anyway I peed like a cupid statue.

Juliegreenllc has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Same here

I have the same issue. I've had the ab cramp situation occur a few times in my life, starting during a competition prep. Then that same group of muscles cramp up when I'm dehydrated. Starting a keto diet has brought it back. I drank Powerade zero for electrolytes and drank more water as well. We both need more magnesium, it sounds like. Potassium probably, too. It makes me feel better someone else has the same weird cramping when dehydrated. Lol

lillith32 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Cramps for me is a sign of magnesium deficiency. I get really bad muscle cramps, and I also get fairly nasty hyponatremia if I am low on salt. I would suggest trying a magnesium supplement and more salt in your food. Magnesium supplement won't hurt anyway - if you don't need it your system will just excrete it.