Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    DarrenConroy is a name known to all. (+5000) DarrenConroy is a name known to all. (+5000) DarrenConroy is a name known to all. (+5000) DarrenConroy is a name known to all. (+5000) DarrenConroy is a name known to all. (+5000) DarrenConroy is a name known to all. (+5000) DarrenConroy is a name known to all. (+5000) DarrenConroy is a name known to all. (+5000) DarrenConroy is a name known to all. (+5000) DarrenConroy is a name known to all. (+5000) DarrenConroy is a name known to all. (+5000)

2012 idaho state bodybuilding & figure contest

I will be entering this contest set for May 19th 2012 in hopes of earning my NGA Pro Card. I have been runner up for the overall in my last two shows. I hope that this time I have ironed out my weak points and have what it takes to press on to the next level. In this thread you can join me as I make updates and upload training videos to show my progress along the way. Here we go!!
    Darren Conroy
    Controlled Labs Sponsored Natural Athlete
    ISSA Certified Personal Trainer

Aesthreadics.com
    info@aesthreadics.com

FREE Controlled Labs SAMPLES
    forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=149596763

Free Controlled Labs supps for your labels
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showpost.php?p=117636651

Disclaimer : The above post is my own PERSONAL OPINION and DOES NOT REPRESENT the official position of any company or entity. It DOES NOT constitute medical advice

DarrenConroy is a name known to all. (+5000) DarrenConroy is a name known to all. (+5000) DarrenConroy is a name known to all. (+5000) DarrenConroy is a name known to all. (+5000) DarrenConroy is a name known to all. (+5000) DarrenConroy is a name known to all. (+5000) DarrenConroy is a name known to all. (+5000) DarrenConroy is a name known to all. (+5000) DarrenConroy is a name known to all. (+5000) DarrenConroy is a name known to all. (+5000) DarrenConroy is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Great Leg day today! Gonna have wheels of steel! 11 more leg days until the show, gotta make each one of them count!
    Darren Conroy

Aesthreadics.com
    info@aesthreadics.com

Disclaimer : The above post is my own PERSONAL OPINION and DOES NOT REPRESENT the official position of any company or entity. It DOES NOT constitute medical advice

Lifts this week have been great! Already tired of ground turkey, brown rice and asparagus... But when I'm back stage getting ready to hit the stage and I'm thinking what could I have done different? "Consistency and Intensity" words to live by! Posing drills start Saturday!
    Darren Conroy

Aesthreadics.com
    info@aesthreadics.com

Before....

After...
    Darren Conroy

Aesthreadics.com
    info@aesthreadics.com

mackro will become famous soon enough. (+50) mackro will become famous soon enough. (+50) mackro will become famous soon enough. (+50) mackro will become famous soon enough. (+50) mackro will become famous soon enough. (+50) mackro will become famous soon enough. (+50) mackro will become famous soon enough. (+50) mackro will become famous soon enough. (+50) mackro will become famous soon enough. (+50) mackro will become famous soon enough. (+50) mackro will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Congrats on the change, you have come a long way. Hope everything gets more and more dialed in, and that you come in just as you want to. I wish you the best on pulling in your pro card. I would actually really enjoy coming to watch the comp, where and when is it?

I am up near Rexburg, and I have been wanting to do my first show for quite some time now. I don't think next month is possible, but I definitely want to enter one sometime within the next year. Anyway, what is the Idaho State comp like? Which other contests have you entered? Are any of them local to East Idaho? Any info would be greatly appreciated.

Originally Posted by mackro View Post
    Congrats on the change, you have come a long way. Hope everything gets more and more dialed in, and that you come in just as you want to. I wish you the best on pulling in your pro card. I would actually really enjoy coming to watch the comp, where and when is it?

I am up near Rexburg, and I have been wanting to do my first show for quite some time now. I don't think next month is possible, but I definitely want to enter one sometime within the next year. Anyway, what is the Idaho State comp like? Which other contests have you entered? Are any of them local to East Idaho? Any info would be greatly appreciated.
    Hey buddy,
    Thanks for all the kind words! The Idaho State was the first show that i ever did, winning the novice class. I thought it was very organized. I have competed in eastern Idaho as well. I placed third in the Teton last year and first in the Flex Fitness Comp in Twin Falls. This show is May 19th at Boise State University.. Should be a good one! Hit me up with any first show questions!
    Darren Conroy

Aesthreadics.com
    info@aesthreadics.com

mackro will become famous soon enough. (+50) mackro will become famous soon enough. (+50) mackro will become famous soon enough. (+50) mackro will become famous soon enough. (+50) mackro will become famous soon enough. (+50) mackro will become famous soon enough. (+50) mackro will become famous soon enough. (+50) mackro will become famous soon enough. (+50) mackro will become famous soon enough. (+50) mackro will become famous soon enough. (+50) mackro will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I have only even been to one show, but I liked it. It was in Rexburg, and it was really small. The biggest class had 4 competitors. I have been lifting for roughly 4 years, and it has only been in the last year that competing has started to really interest me. My big thing is that if I do compete I want to do it right. I want to have plenty of time to plan and prep. I am sitting at about 190 now, and my last skinfold showed me at 10% bf (much too high, I know). So right now my lean body mass is aroung 173, and I would like to have it at around 180 (at least) before competing. So I have far to go with size and shredding.

Cutting Questions:
    I feel like I am getting much better at cutting when I do it, but I have never got down below 7%
    (don't know how accurate reading was, it was an electronic handheld). How far down do you think is necessary, and how slowly do you recommend doing it?
    Have you got any tips on minimalizing muscle loss?
    I see a lot of pros doing low intesity cardio, but I have heard that HIIT is better for long term fat burning, and is less catabolic, and some guys prefer to just eat themselves into a deficit. Which has worked better for you? I enjoy cardio, so if I can do it with minimal catabolic affects it would be great.

Thanks for inviting the Q's, I will keep it at that for now. It is funny, I have found myself in the classic learning paradox; the more I feel I know about bodybuilding, the more I realize I don't. I really appreciate your help.
    Good luck on the prep Darren!
    Last edited by mackro; 04-15-2012 at 11:56 PM. Reason: fix mistakes

Originally Posted by mackro View Post
    I have only even been to one show, but I liked it. It was in Rexburg, and it was really small. The biggest class had 4 competitors. I have been lifting for roughly 4 years, and it has only been in the last year that competing has started to really interest me. My big thing is that if I do compete I want to do it right. I want to have plenty of time to plan and prep. I am sitting at about 190 now, and my last skinfold showed me at 10% bf (much too high, I know). So right now my lean body mass is aroung 173, and I would like to have it at around 180 (at least) before competing. So I have far to go with size and shredding.

I'll get your questions answered for sure buddy! Things have been kinda crazy with the contest prep.. But I can definitely provide you with some pointers on how to keep some of that hard earned muscle while trimming up..

Cutting Questions:
    I feel like I am getting much better at cutting when I do it, but I have never got down below 7%
    (don't know how accurate reading was, it was an electronic handheld). How far down do you think is necessary, and how slowly do you recommend doing it?
    Have you got any tips on minimalizing muscle loss?
    I see a lot of pros doing low intesity cardio, but I have heard that HIIT is better for long term fat burning, and is less catabolic, and some guys prefer to just eat themselves into a deficit. Which has worked better for you? I enjoy cardio, so if I can do it with minimal catabolic affects it would be great.

Thanks for inviting the Q's, I will keep it at that for now. It is funny, I have found myself in the classic learning paradox; the more I feel I know about bodybuilding, the more I realize I don't. I really appreciate your help.
    Good luck on the prep Darren!
    I'll definitely be able to answer your questions here sooner than later.. Things have been kinda crazy with the contest prep but I gotcha covered big guy! I'll get you some insight on how to keep that hard earned muscle while trimming things up..
    Darren Conroy

Aesthreadics.com
    info@aesthreadics.com

Had a leg workout for the record books! Chest and Back tomorrow along with some light posing, then some posing drills on friday... Yeah buddy!!
    Darren Conroy

Aesthreadics.com
    info@aesthreadics.com

Got a lot of good posing practice in so far this weekend and feel that everything is coming in nicely... It's always nice to see the changes after 8 months of hard training.. I feel that I almost have to change the way I pose due to the progress.. I hope it's enough for that pro card!
    Darren Conroy

Aesthreadics.com
    info@aesthreadics.com

Inama has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Inama has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Inama has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Inama has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Inama has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Inama has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Inama has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Inama has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Inama has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Inama has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Inama has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Best of luck!

Originally Posted by DarrenConroy View Post
    Got a lot of good posing practice in so far this weekend and feel that everything is coming in nicely... It's always nice to see the changes after 8 months of hard training.. I feel that I almost have to change the way I pose due to the progress.. I hope it's enough for that pro card!

Originally Posted by Inama View Post
    Best of luck!
    Thanks!
    Darren Conroy

Aesthreadics.com
    info@aesthreadics.com

seanni11 is not very well liked. (-100) seanni11 is not very well liked. (-100) seanni11 is not very well liked. (-100) seanni11 is not very well liked. (-100) seanni11 is not very well liked. (-100) seanni11 is not very well liked. (-100) seanni11 is not very well liked. (-100) seanni11 is not very well liked. (-100) seanni11 is not very well liked. (-100) seanni11 is not very well liked. (-100) seanni11 is not very well liked. (-100)

Originally Posted by seanni11 View Post

Definitely HIIT training for sure! I also sacrifice a lot of the time I would be doing cardio with posing.. I feel that an intense posing session can burn just as many if not more calories than cardio.. It's a bit harder to track your progress, but I feel that in the last show I did, my conditioning with the best it's ever been and that was when I did less cardio and more posing.. I still sweat my ass off and it hurts!
    Darren Conroy

Aesthreadics.com
    info@aesthreadics.com

pastorpritch has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) pastorpritch has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) pastorpritch has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) pastorpritch has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) pastorpritch has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) pastorpritch has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) pastorpritch has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) pastorpritch has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) pastorpritch has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) pastorpritch has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) pastorpritch has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Got any tips / resources for learning how to pose correctly?
    Journal: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=175642411
    IG: parsonagegym

Originally Posted by pastorpritch View Post
    Got any tips / resources for learning how to pose correctly?
    I learned a lot from just watching a lot of prejudging videos from various shows on youtube. I saw a lot of posing that I thought looked great and some that I didn't like at all. I then tailored a lot of my own posing on what I watched.. The tricky part is that everyone is so different and you have to find a way to present your muscles to the best of your ability. That takes practice and at times an extra set of eyes to provide constructive criticism.
    Darren Conroy

Aesthreadics.com
    info@aesthreadics.com

pastorpritch has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) pastorpritch has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) pastorpritch has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) pastorpritch has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) pastorpritch has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) pastorpritch has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) pastorpritch has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) pastorpritch has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) pastorpritch has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) pastorpritch has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) pastorpritch has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    There are also some "tricks" to showcase yourself in such a way to hide lagging muscles correct? I guess that's just part of the competition part

There are also some "tricks" to showcase yourself in such a way to hide lagging muscles correct? I guess that's just part of the competition part
    Thats true... But in all reality, the judges are going to see what they want to see and if the contest is close they will keep you up there evaluating everything... In the end, the guy that has no weak points wins... My calves have always been a weak point of mine, I go out there with the calves I have and just give 110%.. It's all about preparation and confidence along with recognizing your weaknesses and training hard to eventually make them your strengths!
    Darren Conroy

Aesthreadics.com
    info@aesthreadics.com

Originally Posted by DarrenConroy View Post
    Thats true... But in all reality, the judges are going to see what they want to see and if the contest is close they will keep you up there evaluating everything... In the end, the guy that has no weak points wins... My calves have always been a weak point of mine, I go out there with the calves I have and just give 110%.. It's all about preparation and confidence along with recognizing your weaknesses and training hard to eventually make them your strengths!

I like it! Thanks!
    Darren Conroy

Aesthreadics.com
    info@aesthreadics.com

seanni11 is not very well liked. (-100) seanni11 is not very well liked. (-100) seanni11 is not very well liked. (-100) seanni11 is not very well liked. (-100) seanni11 is not very well liked. (-100) seanni11 is not very well liked. (-100) seanni11 is not very well liked. (-100) seanni11 is not very well liked. (-100) seanni11 is not very well liked. (-100) seanni11 is not very well liked. (-100) seanni11 is not very well liked. (-100)
    Thanks for sharing those!

Originally Posted by seanni11 View Post
    Thanks for sharing those!
    Sure!
    Darren Conroy

Aesthreadics.com
    info@aesthreadics.com

http://youtu.be/icRL9f5hfec

Song I chose for my routine... Gonna rock the house!!
    Darren Conroy

Aesthreadics.com
    info@aesthreadics.com

baxj will become famous soon enough. (+50) baxj will become famous soon enough. (+50) baxj will become famous soon enough. (+50) baxj will become famous soon enough. (+50) baxj will become famous soon enough. (+50) baxj will become famous soon enough. (+50) baxj will become famous soon enough. (+50) baxj will become famous soon enough. (+50) baxj will become famous soon enough. (+50) baxj will become famous soon enough. (+50) baxj will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Been watching your thread and I am really impressed man. You've done a great job. I know you are pumped and ready to go. I am looking forward to seeing how you do. Hopefully one day I will be in a place to try this out too. GOOD LUCK!

Originally Posted by baxj View Post
    Been watching your thread and I am really impressed man. You've done a great job. I know you are pumped and ready to go. I am looking forward to seeing how you do. Hopefully one day I will be in a place to try this out too. GOOD LUCK!
    Thanks for the kind words! It means more than you know! I have been training very hard and I know that the competition is going to be tough, but all I can do is give it everything I've got and hope there is a 1st place trophy there waiting for me when the dust settles... I wish you the best in your endeavors and if you ever have any questions, I don't have all the answers but I'll gladly tell you what I know.. Thanks again!
    Darren Conroy

Aesthreadics.com
    info@aesthreadics.com

scohen158 will become famous soon enough. (+50) scohen158 will become famous soon enough. (+50) scohen158 will become famous soon enough. (+50) scohen158 will become famous soon enough. (+50) scohen158 will become famous soon enough. (+50) scohen158 will become famous soon enough. (+50) scohen158 will become famous soon enough. (+50) scohen158 will become famous soon enough. (+50) scohen158 will become famous soon enough. (+50) scohen158 will become famous soon enough. (+50) scohen158 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Nice work good luck on the 19th I hope you get the win you have been working so hard for.

May I ask you a realistic question. I am 6ft tall Started at 315 or so pounds back on February 22nd I have completely overhauled my diet and have started to workout currently I'm 280lbs. Now I realize I need to drop a lot of weight hopefully keep the muscle I have. If you were to give a rough estimate assuming a person is very dedicated with nutrition and working out how long is a realistic time frame to get close to the physique you have attained? I am hoping to be somewhere between 200-220 lbs by the end of 2012 and from there I may try to add some muscle then cut again but was hoping by the end of 2013 something close may be possible?

Thanks for any time you put into a reply.

Sam
    Last edited by scohen158; 05-01-2012 at 08:02 AM.
    Rebooted 2/24/2015: 286 lbs

Started at 317 lbs in Feb 2012 Ended 172.2 in October 2013.

^Former 300+lb Crew^

Originally Posted by scohen158 View Post
    Nice work good luck on the 19th I hope you get the win you have been working so hard for.

May I ask you a realistic question. I am 6ft tall Started at 315 or so pounds back on February 22nd I have completely overhauled my diet and have started to workout currently I'm 280lbs. Now I realize I need to drop a lot of weight hopefully keep the muscle I have. If you were to give a rough estimate assuming a person is very dedicated with nutrition and working out how long is a realistic time frame to get close to the physique you have attained? I am hoping to be somewhere between 200-220 lbs by the end of 2012 and from there I may try to add some muscle then cut again but was hoping by the end of 2013 something close may be possible?

Thanks for any time you put into a reply.

Sam
    You would be surprised at what 5 to 6 months of dedication can do for you my friend.. Depending on your body and you regiment, you might even be able to cut it down to 4... Best of luck to you and I appreciate the kind words!
    Darren Conroy

Aesthreadics.com
    info@aesthreadics.com

MNBrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MNBrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MNBrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MNBrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MNBrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MNBrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MNBrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MNBrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MNBrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MNBrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MNBrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Finally someone who is 6'3 that is at my ideal weight. Im at about 217ish right now, and am between 11 and 12% bf. You'd say id be around 205-208ish at about 9%?
    |Wild|Vikings|Twins|

Originally Posted by MNBrah View Post
    Finally someone who is 6'3 that is at my ideal weight. Im at about 217ish right now, and am between 11 and 12% bf. You'd say id be around 205-208ish at about 9%?
    Yeah buddy!! We look a lot alike!
    Darren Conroy

Aesthreadics.com
    info@aesthreadics.com

Had a great leg workout and now its back down to the gym for some posing!
    Darren Conroy

Aesthreadics.com
    info@aesthreadics.com