pumplikecuming is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) pumplikecuming is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) pumplikecuming is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) pumplikecuming is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) pumplikecuming is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) pumplikecuming is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) pumplikecuming is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) pumplikecuming is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) pumplikecuming is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) pumplikecuming is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) pumplikecuming is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)

Fat storage area and hormones.

Ok so I have come across some information pertaining to fat storage area and insulin sensitivity/resistance as well as cortisol but I am unsure of it's legitimacy.

This is what the articles said:

Insulin resistant people (people who don't dispose of carbs well) - tend to store fat at the lower back/love handles

People who are stressed much/cortisol - tend to store fat at the abdominal region

People with high estrogen - tend to store fat in the lower body and breasts

Does anyone know if this is true, or have studies backing this up? This was written by a guy named John Romaniello, who is in good shape...but he never cites his sources. The estrogen fat storage claim sounds legit, I am not sure of the other 2.

Registered User GMLFTMBCIFASLHO's Avatar
    GMLFTMBCIFASLHO will become famous soon enough. (+50) GMLFTMBCIFASLHO will become famous soon enough. (+50) GMLFTMBCIFASLHO will become famous soon enough. (+50) GMLFTMBCIFASLHO will become famous soon enough. (+50) GMLFTMBCIFASLHO will become famous soon enough. (+50) GMLFTMBCIFASLHO will become famous soon enough. (+50) GMLFTMBCIFASLHO will become famous soon enough. (+50) GMLFTMBCIFASLHO will become famous soon enough. (+50) GMLFTMBCIFASLHO will become famous soon enough. (+50) GMLFTMBCIFASLHO will become famous soon enough. (+50) GMLFTMBCIFASLHO will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    if its true, then sucks to be me. i have a lot of fat primarily in all three of those places. and everywhere else on my body doesn't look fat at all! infact, i can even see my veins through my skin on my forearms. the don't bulge out, but i see them. not sure if that's normal for being 28% bf or not.

Kai12 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Kai12 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Kai12 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Kai12 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Kai12 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Kai12 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Kai12 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Kai12 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Kai12 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Kai12 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Kai12 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Estrogen one might be true, or that even when your younger during puberty you can have a big estrogen spike which dissapears as you get older, but your still left with its effects (dem man boobs!).

Not sure about the others. I have alot of fat around my chest, stomach, sides and back. My arms and legs are almost very ripped, not alot of fat at all.

hungryone15 will become famous soon enough. (+50) hungryone15 will become famous soon enough. (+50) hungryone15 will become famous soon enough. (+50) hungryone15 will become famous soon enough. (+50) hungryone15 will become famous soon enough. (+50) hungryone15 will become famous soon enough. (+50) hungryone15 will become famous soon enough. (+50) hungryone15 will become famous soon enough. (+50) hungryone15 will become famous soon enough. (+50) hungryone15 will become famous soon enough. (+50) hungryone15 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    This IS true!

No bro-science... This has been back up with over 20 years of research. It is now sold as a concept called BioSignature (google it and learn more)

cguy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) cguy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) cguy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) cguy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) cguy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) cguy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by GMLFTMBCIFASLHO View Post
    if its true, then sucks to be me. i have a lot of fat primarily in all three of those places.
    Word.
    Estimated body fat - Between 20-25%

BF% Goal - Between 12-15%

mpipes will become famous soon enough. (+50) mpipes will become famous soon enough. (+50) mpipes will become famous soon enough. (+50) mpipes will become famous soon enough. (+50) mpipes will become famous soon enough. (+50) mpipes will become famous soon enough. (+50) mpipes will become famous soon enough. (+50) mpipes will become famous soon enough. (+50) mpipes will become famous soon enough. (+50) mpipes will become famous soon enough. (+50) mpipes will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    It doesn't matter.

You still need to lose it anyway, regardless of where or how it's stored, right?

RedRapparee has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) RedRapparee has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) RedRapparee has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) RedRapparee has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) RedRapparee has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) RedRapparee has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I really don't see a difference between belly fat and love handles. And where did they find people who don't stress? lol

idz21 is just really nice. (+1000) idz21 is just really nice. (+1000) idz21 is just really nice. (+1000) idz21 is just really nice. (+1000) idz21 is just really nice. (+1000) idz21 is just really nice. (+1000) idz21 is just really nice. (+1000) idz21 is just really nice. (+1000) idz21 is just really nice. (+1000) idz21 is just really nice. (+1000) idz21 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Want to give this a bit of a bump to see what some of the big dogs in the LF section think.

pumplikecuming is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) pumplikecuming is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) pumplikecuming is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) pumplikecuming is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) pumplikecuming is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) pumplikecuming is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) pumplikecuming is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) pumplikecuming is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) pumplikecuming is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) pumplikecuming is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) pumplikecuming is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by hungryone15 View Post
    This IS true!

No bro-science... This has been back up with over 20 years of research. It is now sold as a concept called BioSignature (google it and learn more)
    Oh dang thanks!!!!!!!

Originally Posted by mpipes View Post
    It doesn't matter.

You still need to lose it anyway, regardless of where or how it's stored, right?
    Yes, but if you are insulin resistant (for whatever reason genetic or overdosing on carbs for a long time), it would mean that you might need to exercise a certain way and replace carb intake with fats to burn that last bit of lower back fat. When I was 8% bf I STILL had some fat on my love handles and lower back and it is the biggest BITCH.

Originally Posted by RedRapparee View Post
    I really don't see a difference between belly fat and love handles. And where did they find people who don't stress? lol
    Me, I know how to deal with stress really well...but by being stressed continually cortisol raises so they used cortisol numbers. Thats how they found people who were not as stressed maybe.
    Last edited by pumplikecuming; 04-01-2012 at 05:27 PM.

Ok guys so I have found out that this is legit. And there is research over this. Maybe this summer I can finally get rid of these FUKING lower back fat.

Originally Posted by GMLFTMBCIFASLHO View Post
    if its true, then sucks to be me. i have a lot of fat primarily in all three of those places. and everywhere else on my body doesn't look fat at all! infact, i can even see my veins through my skin on my forearms. the don't bulge out, but i see them. not sure if that's normal for being 28% bf or not.
    No brah, your genetics and thyroid is probably normal. You may just be overweight (overweight does not mean unhealthy either sometimes). When your bf is that high your hormones are already out of whack. The more fat you hold, the more carb resistant you become and your testosterone to estrogen rates are out of whack.

All you need to worry about is losing wieght, and once you get down to the last 10 ish lbs before you are ripped, you will know if you body has developed some sort of hormonal issues.

Originally Posted by Kai12 View Post
    Estrogen one might be true, or that even when your younger during puberty you can have a big estrogen spike which dissapears as you get older, but your still left with its effects (dem man boobs!).

Not sure about the others. I have alot of fat around my chest, stomach, sides and back. My arms and legs are almost very ripped, not alot of fat at all.
    Legs being ripped is a good sign, arms on just about everyone are usually lean even when heavy. In your case for the fat storage on your sides, back, abs, and chest...you just need to lose weight overall. Takes time but you can get as ripped as you want! That's the truth.