freddie731 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Diet and workout routine for a lineman?

Hey guys. Longtime lurker, first-time poster here. I've been looking around the boards for help on certain things, but this time, I think I'll just make a new thread for myself here.

What follows might be ridiculous, but here it goes:

I'm a fairly small guy--6'2" and about 150, age 22--and I've finally decided to do something with myself in the gym. My ultimate goal is to look something along the lines of a football lineman; there's something about the size, strength, and power of linemen that appeals to me and that I'd like to acquire myself, if it's possible. The problem is that I have no idea what those guys do to train, so...yeah, that's why I'm here.

I'm not looking to play on a football team. I just want to try for the lineman look and strength.

So, can you guys help me here? Is my idea ridiculous? If not, are any of you linemen or former linemen at any level who can offer some advice regarding diet and a workout routine?

Oh, and I realize that some linemen tend to get kinda fat during their playing days. I'd like to avoid that if possible, although I don't mind putting on some fat if it means I'll get very strong.

Thanks for your help!

freddie731 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Bump.

moose45 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) moose45 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) moose45 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) moose45 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) moose45 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) moose45 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) moose45 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) moose45 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) moose45 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) moose45 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) moose45 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Linemen are born that way and have the bone structure to support it. You do have the choice of getting incredibly fat, but I don't see why you would want to. If you want a football routine to follow, go to boostfootball.com and check out the advanced football training program. Then just eat a lot, and I mean a lot.
    M.S. Exercise Physiology - Powerlifter - Strength and Conditioning Coach - Personal Trainer
    Current goals: Bench 400, Squat 545, Deadlift 550

adam483t has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    You really need to be born for it.