sackmaster51 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sackmaster51 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sackmaster51 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sackmaster51 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sackmaster51 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sackmaster51 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sackmaster51 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sackmaster51 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sackmaster51 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sackmaster51 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sackmaster51 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

How can I be a NFL player

I'm 14 (8th grade) i'm not to strong for my weight but only been lifting hardcore for 3 months. Here's my attributes.

Height: 6 foot
    Weight: 212
    Bench: 170
    Squat: 300
    Power Clean: 150
    40 yard dash: 5.42 seconds
    Short Shuttle: 5:09 seconds
    Broad Jump: 8 feet 10 inches
    Position: Center/Noseguard

I've reade world class athletes train 20 hours a week for 8 years. I'm willing to do that but don't know what to do in those 3 hours. Coach also said I'll be a 2 way starter freshman year. On varsity team.

SDOptimist is a name known to all. (+5000) SDOptimist is a name known to all. (+5000) SDOptimist is a name known to all. (+5000) SDOptimist is a name known to all. (+5000) SDOptimist is a name known to all. (+5000) SDOptimist is a name known to all. (+5000) SDOptimist is a name known to all. (+5000) SDOptimist is a name known to all. (+5000) SDOptimist is a name known to all. (+5000) SDOptimist is a name known to all. (+5000) SDOptimist is a name known to all. (+5000)
    It's a lot of work. Everyone take a different path. Nothing is impossible. This quote seems to give good advice. And also the quote in my sig.

SDOptimist is a name known to all. (+5000) SDOptimist is a name known to all. (+5000) SDOptimist is a name known to all. (+5000) SDOptimist is a name known to all. (+5000) SDOptimist is a name known to all. (+5000) SDOptimist is a name known to all. (+5000) SDOptimist is a name known to all. (+5000) SDOptimist is a name known to all. (+5000) SDOptimist is a name known to all. (+5000) SDOptimist is a name known to all. (+5000) SDOptimist is a name known to all. (+5000)
    And btw. You are 14. Don't worry about you "Stats". That is a great start and a great advantage if you are going to be a 2 way starter on varsity as a freshman. The most important thing that you can do is to just go out and play with heart. You shouldnt train like a world class athlete. You are too young plus there is no such thing. Just going into the gym and working out isn't going to make you a better football player. Getting stronger isnt going to make you necessarily a better player. You have to do the right workouts, the right way.

moon90 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) moon90 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) moon90 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) moon90 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) moon90 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) moon90 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) moon90 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) moon90 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) moon90 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) moon90 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) moon90 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Take care of your body. Stretch constantly and get your flexibility up. Also make sure not to neglect your core, rotator cuff, hamstrings in your training (I know a lot of talented guys that should've played at the next level but had their careers shortened by injuries). And get good nutrition in (more than half the battle of getting stronger is nutrition).

Aside from that focus on your grades (makes it a lot easier when you wanna play college ball) and work hard. Good luck.

Originally Posted by moon90 View Post
    Take care of your body. Stretch constantly and get your flexibility up. Also make sure not to neglect your core, rotator cuff, hamstrings in your training (I know a lot of talented guys that should've played at the next level but had their careers shortened by injuries). And get good nutrition in (more than half the battle of getting stronger is nutrition).

Aside from that focus on your grades (makes it a lot easier when you wanna play college ball) and work hard. Good luck.
    I second that. Grades are extremely important. Not just for athletics but for life. Things will come your way a lot easier with good grades and many doors will open just by having good grades. And on the flipside of that, you will have very few if not Zero opportunities if you get bad grades.

nerdbrah51 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Just stay hungry like above posters are saying stretch diet and maintain grades, you still have time to progress just focus on technique with everything you do

Registered User childishbambino's Avatar
    childishbambino is on a distinguished road. (+10) childishbambino is on a distinguished road. (+10) childishbambino is on a distinguished road. (+10) childishbambino is on a distinguished road. (+10) childishbambino is on a distinguished road. (+10) childishbambino is on a distinguished road. (+10) childishbambino is on a distinguished road. (+10) childishbambino is on a distinguished road. (+10) childishbambino is on a distinguished road. (+10) childishbambino is on a distinguished road. (+10) childishbambino is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by nerdbrah51 View Post
    Just stay hungry like above posters are saying stretch diet and maintain grades, you still have time to progress just focus on technique with everything you do
    this. perfect your technique now, and you'll be miles ahead of most high school football players. also, continue to lift and make gains. do you know if you're still growing height-wise?
    A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly. Specialization is for insects.

-Robert A. Heinlein

Bigrobgymfit is on a distinguished road. (+10) Bigrobgymfit is on a distinguished road. (+10) Bigrobgymfit is on a distinguished road. (+10) Bigrobgymfit is on a distinguished road. (+10) Bigrobgymfit is on a distinguished road. (+10) Bigrobgymfit is on a distinguished road. (+10) Bigrobgymfit is on a distinguished road. (+10) Bigrobgymfit is on a distinguished road. (+10) Bigrobgymfit is on a distinguished road. (+10) Bigrobgymfit is on a distinguished road. (+10) Bigrobgymfit is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Talking

Man, I wish I knew what I wanted to do in life at your age. Back then all I did was make the wrong choices.
    If I had any advice to give myself back then it would be:
    Do the things YOU want to do and HOW YOU want to do them.
    Give 100% in every aspect of life, and don't worry about anyone else.
    Be strict with yourself and not lazy, work now, not tomorrow.

It already looks like you're on the right path, just be careful weight-training as heavy at your age. You have plenty of time to develop huge muscles. Focus on body-weight plyometrics, explosive power, sprints, endurance training etc.

Along with everything, everyone else has already said. Especially nutrition, get this right early, and you're golden.
    Rob Saunders
    London, UK.

---

Strong bro science

**MISC LIFTING CREW**

pav13 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) pav13 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) pav13 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) pav13 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) pav13 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) pav13 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) pav13 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    One thing I think centres overlook is longsnapping. It's not a flashy skill, nor will it bring instant riches but if you are serious about being a professional you need to be as versatile as possible. Because there's always the chance that if you don't make the offense/defense teams you can be wheeled out for the special teams.

So at 14 I'd be more worried about technique (correct blocking technique and snapping etc.) rather than about out-and-out athleticism. You're still growing and developing and have another few years before you have to worry about even college scouts.

If you have the right foundations in place, you can build a palace never mind a shed.
    Last edited by pav13; 03-31-2012 at 02:16 PM.
    "Rugby is a good occasion for keeping thirty bullies far from the centre of the city."
    - Oscar Wilde

Current Weight: 240lbs
    Desired Weight: 210lbs