Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    zAsics has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) zAsics has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) zAsics has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) zAsics has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) zAsics has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) zAsics has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) zAsics has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) zAsics has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) zAsics has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) zAsics has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) zAsics has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)

Best Carb source for a lean bulk

Hey guys,
    Whats the most recommended main carb source i should eat on my lean bulk? I usually eat some whole wheat pasta for lunch and whole wheat bread for breakfast and dinner..
    I was wondering what else can i replace the whole wheat pasta with as a good clean carb source?

Save the comments like "no such thing as clean food just fit it into your macros" "IIFYM"
    I like living a healthy lifestyle and eating healthy foods so i want to eat the best carbs and i dont count every calorie and micronutrient i eat, so i want to eat good clean carbs...

If ill get any serious comments i will be very happy as i know the majority will be "IIFYM" **** and "no such thing as clean foods"
    Last edited by zAsics; 03-31-2012 at 01:13 PM.

Chasing cats since 1967 WonderPug's Avatar
    WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    The best carbs sources are the carbs sources that you enjoy the most. If you're looking for "clean" sources of carbs, then stick with processed foods or make sure to wash your unprocessed foods before consumption.

zAsics has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) zAsics has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) zAsics has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) zAsics has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) zAsics has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) zAsics has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) zAsics has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) zAsics has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) zAsics has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) zAsics has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) zAsics has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Originally Posted by WonderPug View Post
    The best carbs sources are the carbs sources that you enjoy the most.
    i enjoy every food on this planet. literally.
    what are considered the best carb sources for a lean bulk?

WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by zAsics View Post
    Whatever food you're in the mood for, as long as it helps you reach your micro/macronutrient goals for the day. But I doubt you understand this.

Whatever food you're in the mood for, as long as it helps you reach your micro/macronutrient goals for the day.
    Well, what will be the best carb source to get my macro's from? considering im an endomorph and i want to stay lean as possible?

BBqChicken1 is a name known to all. (+5000) BBqChicken1 is a name known to all. (+5000) BBqChicken1 is a name known to all. (+5000) BBqChicken1 is a name known to all. (+5000) BBqChicken1 is a name known to all. (+5000) BBqChicken1 is a name known to all. (+5000) BBqChicken1 is a name known to all. (+5000) BBqChicken1 is a name known to all. (+5000) BBqChicken1 is a name known to all. (+5000) BBqChicken1 is a name known to all. (+5000) BBqChicken1 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Well, what will be the best carb source to get my macro's from? considering im an endomorph and i want to stay lean as possible?

He told you which one.

PS. You being an endomorph(or just fat) is irrelevant to nutrition/training.

Please stay in school.

Good luck and take care.

vitornoob is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) vitornoob is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) vitornoob is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) vitornoob is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) vitornoob is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) vitornoob is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) vitornoob is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) vitornoob is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) vitornoob is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) vitornoob is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) vitornoob is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Hey guys,
    Whats the most recommended main carb source i should eat on my lean bulk? I usually eat some whole wheat pasta for lunch and whole wheat bread for breakfast and dinner..
    I was wondering what else can i replace the whole wheat pasta with as a good clean carb source?

Save the comments like "no such thing as clean food just fit it into your macros" "IIFYM"
    I like living a healthy lifestyle and eating healthy foods so i want to eat the best carbs...

If ill get any serious comments i will be very happy as i know the majority will be "IIFYM" **** and "no such thing as clean foods"
    you do not know what IIFYM means...go and read
    *Hollywood's rabid cage crew*

Bulking log -> http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=145653801

Originally Posted by BBqChicken1 View Post
    He told you which one.

PS. You being an endomorph(or just fat) is irrelevant to nutrition/training.
    I was fat in the past
    lost 25 KG and now im skinny as **** and want to build muscle but stay lean...

why cant you just give me the best carb sources i could eat instead of messing with IIFYM cuz im not in the mood for calculating every calorie i eat...

why cant you just give me the best carb sources i could eat instead of messing with IIFYM cuz im not in the mood for calculating every calorie i eat...
    The answer is: wear a blue shirt.

The answer is: wear a blue shirt.
    Oh my ****ing god

BBqChicken1 is a name known to all. (+5000) BBqChicken1 is a name known to all. (+5000) BBqChicken1 is a name known to all. (+5000) BBqChicken1 is a name known to all. (+5000) BBqChicken1 is a name known to all. (+5000) BBqChicken1 is a name known to all. (+5000) BBqChicken1 is a name known to all. (+5000) BBqChicken1 is a name known to all. (+5000) BBqChicken1 is a name known to all. (+5000) BBqChicken1 is a name known to all. (+5000) BBqChicken1 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    I was fat in the past

If you're not counting calories you eat, how do you know you're doing a 'lean bulk'?

I'll put it simpler.

Your carb source does not matter, provided you get your vitamins and minerals, protein, fats and carbs and calorie goals for the day.

Originally Posted by BBqChicken1 View Post
    If you're not counting calories you eat, how do you know you're doing a 'lean bulk'?

I'll put it simpler.

Your carb source does not matter, provided you get your vitamins and minerals, protein, fats and carbs and calorie goals for the day.
    I get enough calories for a lean bulk, as i calculated it one time and i follow that diet always...
    I just want to eat something else besides whole wheat pasta and i want to keep the calories "clean"

I just want to eat something else besides whole wheat pasta and i want to keep the calories "clean"
    I'm pretty darn sure you're trolling. In the alternative...well, that would be very sad.

ErickStevens has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ErickStevens has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ErickStevens has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ErickStevens has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ErickStevens has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ErickStevens has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ErickStevens has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ErickStevens has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ErickStevens has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ErickStevens has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ErickStevens has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Pop Tarts.
    "Nutrition for powerlifting: If you are serious about it, you will eat f*cking everything and get strong as $hit." - HamburgerTrain
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=163165741

I'm pretty darn sure you're trolling. In the alternative...well, that would be very sad.
    dead serious

Nimm is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Nimm is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Nimm is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Nimm is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Nimm is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Nimm is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Nimm is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Nimm is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Nimm is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Nimm is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Nimm is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    I get enough calories for a lean bulk, as i calculated it one time and i follow that diet always...
    So you want an answer to a faulty question, and you want the answer to be accurate, even though it must also accept the faulty premise of your question. Amazing.

Let's put it this way. Since you insist that the answer you're looking for must accept the premise of your question, why don't you give us a reason to accept it? If you think that in two isocaloric, hyperenergetic diets, both of which are sufficient in macro- and micro-nutrients, body composition will be affected if the source of CHO is different, then please support that claim. If you can't, then why should the people who are beating their heads against a wall trying to give you good advice, accept that premise?
    Think you can, think you can't - doesn't matter. Either way, you're right.

Originally Posted by ErickStevens View Post
    Pop Tarts.
    Which flavor?

rand18m is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rand18m is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rand18m is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rand18m is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rand18m is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rand18m is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rand18m is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rand18m is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rand18m is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rand18m is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rand18m is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Kid, it's all glucose in the blood, and we're all stardust in the end! Savvy?

Handcannon7 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Handcannon7 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Handcannon7 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Handcannon7 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Handcannon7 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Handcannon7 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Handcannon7 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Handcannon7 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Handcannon7 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Handcannon7 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Handcannon7 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by ErickStevens View Post
    Pop Tarts.
    inafter

jj764865 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) jj764865 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) jj764865 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) jj764865 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) jj764865 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) jj764865 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) jj764865 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) jj764865 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) jj764865 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) jj764865 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) jj764865 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    lentils

Flex500 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Flex500 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Flex500 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Flex500 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Flex500 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Flex500 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Flex500 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Flex500 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Flex500 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Flex500 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Flex500 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)

I don't think you are understanding. Let's say you need 100 grams of carbs a day. It is ok to eat sweet potatoes and white rice one day and pasta and mac and cheese the next or bread and a white potatoe the next. If you overeat it does NOT matter if you eat sweet potatoes or white rice...it is still overeating. Hence track your carbs. As far as micronutrients people gravitate towards sweet potatoes and rice and oats or this liek wheatabix. Even though people call those "clean" if you overeat you will gain fat regardless of how "healthy" those foods are considered.

germaine07 is a name known to all. (+5000) germaine07 is a name known to all. (+5000) germaine07 is a name known to all. (+5000) germaine07 is a name known to all. (+5000) germaine07 is a name known to all. (+5000) germaine07 is a name known to all. (+5000) germaine07 is a name known to all. (+5000) germaine07 is a name known to all. (+5000) germaine07 is a name known to all. (+5000) germaine07 is a name known to all. (+5000) germaine07 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    The majority will be IIFYM because it's the only answer that is correct.

germaine07 is a name known to all. (+5000) germaine07 is a name known to all. (+5000) germaine07 is a name known to all. (+5000) germaine07 is a name known to all. (+5000) germaine07 is a name known to all. (+5000) germaine07 is a name known to all. (+5000) germaine07 is a name known to all. (+5000) germaine07 is a name known to all. (+5000) germaine07 is a name known to all. (+5000) germaine07 is a name known to all. (+5000) germaine07 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by jj764865 View Post
    lentils
    Why lentils and not say oats? Or sweet potatoes? Or whoe grain rice? Or white rice? What makes lentils a better source of carbs?

jj764865 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) jj764865 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) jj764865 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) jj764865 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) jj764865 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) jj764865 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) jj764865 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) jj764865 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) jj764865 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) jj764865 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) jj764865 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Originally Posted by germaine07 View Post
    Why lentils and not say oats? Or sweet potatoes? Or whoe grain rice? Or white rice? What makes lentils a better source of carbs?
    he asked for a specific source, and i gave my OPINION...he didn't seem interested in your big picture IIFYM answers only

he asked for a specific source, and i gave my OPINION...he didn't seem interested in your big picture IIFYM answers only
    But would it not be better to educate the OP instead of just giving a random source of carb that is no better or worse than any other carb. OP should know that the body doesn't 'see' pasta or rice or lentils or bread, it simply sees a breakdown of fats, carbs and proteins. 100g of carb from bread will be same as 100g of carb from lentils.

Originally Posted by germaine07 View Post
    But would it not be better to educate the OP instead of just giving a random source of carb that is no better or worse than any other carb. OP should know that the body doesn't 'see' pasta or rice or lentils or bread, it simply sees a breakdown of fats, carbs and proteins. 100g of carb from bread will be same as 100g of carb from lentils.
    true, but he did ask for a specific source, and I gave one that i happen to like and use personally

true, but he did ask for a specific source, and I gave one that i happen to like and use personally
    He asked for 'The Best Source'. But with that said, he could use lentils as a replacement if he wanted.

JerseySwell has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JerseySwell has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JerseySwell has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JerseySwell has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JerseySwell has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JerseySwell has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JerseySwell has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JerseySwell has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I was fat in the past

These guys are just messing with you for some reason. You can get carbs from potatoes, fruits, and some vegis. When they say you need to cut calories to do a lean bulk, they're on crack. You can lean bulk with a 500 calorie surplus as long as its coming from the proper foods. Calories are not just calories. 1000 cals from burger king is much different than 1000 cals from lean chicken, yams, and broccoli. Idk why it's so hard for people to get honest, educated help around here.

ErickStevens has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ErickStevens has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ErickStevens has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ErickStevens has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ErickStevens has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ErickStevens has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ErickStevens has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ErickStevens has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ErickStevens has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ErickStevens has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ErickStevens has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Which flavor?

Anabolic/10
    "Nutrition for powerlifting: If you are serious about it, you will eat f*cking everything and get strong as $hit." - HamburgerTrain
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=163165741