Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Pink tacos
    Yes... I've started a log - http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=159357321

PBateman2 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PBateman2 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PBateman2 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PBateman2 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PBateman2 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PBateman2 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PBateman2 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PBateman2 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PBateman2 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PBateman2 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PBateman2 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Skittles, Sour Patch Kids, potatoes, and rice.
    BRAINS & GAINS

Strong Mind + Strong Body = UNSTOPPABLE

zAsics has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) zAsics has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) zAsics has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) zAsics has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) zAsics has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) zAsics has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) zAsics has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) zAsics has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) zAsics has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) zAsics has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) zAsics has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Originally Posted by JerseySwell View Post
    These guys are just messing with you for some reason. You can get carbs from potatoes, fruits, and some vegis. When they say you need to cut calories to do a lean bulk, they're on crack. You can lean bulk with a 500 calorie surplus as long as its coming from the proper foods. Calories are not just calories. 1000 cals from burger king is much different than 1000 cals from lean chicken, yams, and broccoli. Idk why it's so hard for people to get honest, educated help around here.
    THANK YOU finally someone that gets me..
    So what good lean carbs do you suggest?

AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by zAsics View Post
    THANK YOU finally someone that gets me..
    So what good lean carbs do you suggest?
    Lol clearly you're a troll

You listen to the one guy talking smack

A 500 cal surplus from "proper food" is the same as a 500 cal surplus from skittles
    Yes... I've started a log - http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=159357321

Vanitouses is on a distinguished road. (+10) Vanitouses is on a distinguished road. (+10) Vanitouses is on a distinguished road. (+10) Vanitouses is on a distinguished road. (+10) Vanitouses is on a distinguished road. (+10) Vanitouses is on a distinguished road. (+10) Vanitouses is on a distinguished road. (+10) Vanitouses is on a distinguished road. (+10) Vanitouses is on a distinguished road. (+10) Vanitouses is on a distinguished road. (+10) Vanitouses is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Smile

Asking for the best carb source is like asking for the best color Skittles - the may
    look and taste differently but they're all the freakin same!

WackoJackoo is just really nice. (+1000) WackoJackoo is just really nice. (+1000) WackoJackoo is just really nice. (+1000) WackoJackoo is just really nice. (+1000) WackoJackoo is just really nice. (+1000) WackoJackoo is just really nice. (+1000) WackoJackoo is just really nice. (+1000) WackoJackoo is just really nice. (+1000) WackoJackoo is just really nice. (+1000) WackoJackoo is just really nice. (+1000) WackoJackoo is just really nice. (+1000)
    Well, what will be the best carb source to get my macro's from? considering im an endomorph and i want to stay lean as possible?
    What ever fits your macro's. Its not hard.

Eat cake for your carb source if you can fit it in your macros.

A clean bulk doesn't mean eating "healthy" foods... It means only increasing your calories by around 300 to minimize fat gains.
    life only opens the door to women, i kick the fuker down and rape all the women ~ WackoJackoo

Xfaxtor is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Xfaxtor is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Xfaxtor is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Xfaxtor is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Xfaxtor is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Xfaxtor is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Xfaxtor is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Xfaxtor is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Xfaxtor is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Xfaxtor is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Xfaxtor is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    May I suggest rolled bread?

SOJA has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) SOJA has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) SOJA has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) SOJA has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) SOJA has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) SOJA has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) SOJA has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) SOJA has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) SOJA has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) SOJA has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) SOJA has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    I like lentils. And split peas. They make me fart, but I don't care.

Corpsman 91-99 & forever cmoore's Avatar
    cmoore has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cmoore has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cmoore has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cmoore has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cmoore has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cmoore has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cmoore has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cmoore has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cmoore has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cmoore has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cmoore has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    IF you're lean enough, some carb sources will show on you differently than others.

Food source can have more effect than just calorie in some circumstances. You may find that certain foods bloat or dehydrate you for the same calorie/carb count (watch Na/K contents too). Bioavailability can also play a part as some foods are harder for the body to extract the cho. For example, eating a raw white potato will digest differently than a baked one (some of it won't digest at all actually) and so net cho will be different. Asparagus vs skittles would be another good comparison as skittles do not generally have the diuretic quality. A carb is a carb is a carb but the source can influence/affect beyond just caloric factors (water retention, allergic/inflammatory responses, satiety, etc).

For most people though, the differences are not significant enough to consider.
    "I'm not a Ninja, but I played one on TV." -cmoore, American Ninja Warrior (ANW 7,8)

"Of all the things I lost during my cut, I miss my mind the most." -cmoore

BBqChicken1 is a name known to all. (+5000) BBqChicken1 is a name known to all. (+5000) BBqChicken1 is a name known to all. (+5000) BBqChicken1 is a name known to all. (+5000) BBqChicken1 is a name known to all. (+5000) BBqChicken1 is a name known to all. (+5000) BBqChicken1 is a name known to all. (+5000) BBqChicken1 is a name known to all. (+5000) BBqChicken1 is a name known to all. (+5000) BBqChicken1 is a name known to all. (+5000) BBqChicken1 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by JerseySwell View Post
    These guys are just messing with you for some reason. You can get carbs from potatoes, fruits, and some vegis. When they say you need to cut calories to do a lean bulk, they're on crack. You can lean bulk with a 500 calorie surplus as long as its coming from the proper foods. Calories are not just calories. 1000 cals from burger king is much different than 1000 cals from lean chicken, yams, and broccoli. Idk why it's so hard for people to get honest, educated help around here.

I got a song for you, bro.

Rollin in the deep.. red.

Please explain to me how 1000 calories from burger king are different from 1000 calories from lean chicken, yams and broccoli if bot these foods have the same macro and micro content.

cmoore has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cmoore has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cmoore has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cmoore has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cmoore has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cmoore has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cmoore has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cmoore has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cmoore has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cmoore has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cmoore has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by BBqChicken1 View Post
    Please explain to me how 1000 calories from burger king are different from 1000 calories from lean chicken, yams and broccoli if both these foods have the same macro and micro content.
    IF they matched content it would be the same, but they won't. For one look at the sodium. for two look at saturated fat vs mono/poly (what about trans fats?). Look at vitamin content. Basically keep looking.... In general it may not show and may not be significant but there is a difference.
    "I'm not a Ninja, but I played one on TV." -cmoore, American Ninja Warrior (ANW 7,8)

JerseySwell has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JerseySwell has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JerseySwell has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JerseySwell has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JerseySwell has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JerseySwell has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JerseySwell has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JerseySwell has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by cmoore View Post
    IF they matched content it would be the same, but they won't. For one look at the sodium. for two look at saturated fat vs mono/poly (what about trans fats?). Look at vitamin content. Basically keep looking.... In general it may not show and may not be significant but there is a difference.
    Thank you! Some people argu that macros are macros or calories are calories. Fast food comes with a lot of baggage and so does a lot of "dirty foods". Let's say that skittles had the carbs that he wanted, then he will be also gettin all that sugar and crap that is also in there. Maybe it's just me but I like to get my macros from a clean, untampered source rather than a processed source. Half the ingredients in some shakes can't even be explained or pronounced. But chicken is very straight forward. I know he just wanted to get advice on where he can obtain carbs, and some answers are true but probably not what he is looking for. And btw, how am I being a troll when the op appreciates my response?

zAsics has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) zAsics has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) zAsics has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) zAsics has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) zAsics has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) zAsics has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) zAsics has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) zAsics has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) zAsics has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) zAsics has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) zAsics has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Finally people who talk sense

Chasing cats since 1967 WonderPug's Avatar
    WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Finally people who talk sense
    I hope you're trolling, because the alternative would be sad as you're actively avoiding advice from those that are knowledgeable yet you are gravitating towards the recommendations of those that are clearly clueless.

Originally Posted by WonderPug View Post
    I hope you're trolling, because the alternative would be sad as you're actively avoiding advice from those that are knowledgeable yet you are gravitating towards the recommendations of those that are clearly clueless.
    Meh. Any plan taken purely at face value will provide mediocre results. IIFYM works but one must pay attention to their own physiological responses to get the most out of it too. Allergiic and inflammatory response are very real and at the very least can change your water retention. Similarly vitamin and mineral surplus/deficiency will affect performance. If you're buttered over and or out of shape, you just might not see it or benefit from the OCD. YMMV. There are no absolutes.

Good luck with your goals in 2012 OP.

WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Meh. Any plan taken purely at face value will provide mediocre results. IIFYM works but one must pay attention to their own physiological responses to get the most out of it too. Allergiic and inflammatory response are very real and at the very least can change your water retention. Similarly vitamin and mineral surplus/deficiency will affect performance. If you're buttered over and or out of shape, you just might not see it or benefit from the OCD. YMMV. There are no absolutes.
    FYI: A carbohydrate is a saccharide (a monosaccharide, disaccharide, oligosaccharide or polysaccharide) that contains no vitamins or minerals.

rand18m is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rand18m is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rand18m is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rand18m is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rand18m is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rand18m is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rand18m is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rand18m is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rand18m is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rand18m is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rand18m is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)

Good luck with your goals in 2012 OP.
    HAHA! Love it! I personally am buttered over! However that doesn't necessarily mean out of shape, tell an NFL lineman whose "buttered over" he's out of shape, I'll hold your hat for you while you do!!!

FYI: A carbohydrate is a saccharide (a monosaccharide, disaccharide, oligosaccharide or polysaccharide) that contains no vitamins or minerals.
    Go ahead and make me troll if it makes you feel better. We're talking carb sources and you know what I mean. Not even Alan Aragon would advise you to eat a diet of only whey, lard, and skittles (but it could fit your macros).

Not even Alan Aragon would advise you to eat a diet of only whey, lard, and skittles (but it could fit your macros).
    I see you're not going to engage in anything approaching a serious debate.

If you're buttered over and or out of shape, you just might not see it or benefit from the OCD.
    But at least you're offing some humor.

jj764865 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) jj764865 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) jj764865 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) jj764865 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) jj764865 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) jj764865 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) jj764865 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) jj764865 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) jj764865 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) jj764865 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) jj764865 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Not even Alan Aragon would advise you to eat a diet of only whey, lard, and skittles (but it could fit your macros).
    repped

according to pug's wisdom, if you enjoy those and they fit your macros, he will sign off on it

Nimm is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Nimm is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Nimm is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Nimm is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Nimm is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Nimm is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Nimm is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Nimm is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Nimm is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Nimm is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Nimm is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by jj764865 View Post
    repped

according to pug's wisdom, if you enjoy those and they fit your macros, he will sign off on it
    Perhaps you've missed the hundreds, probably thousands of posts, where he advocates a diverse diet that ensures micronutrient sufficiency, and is heavy on whole and less processed foods?

Do you realize there are other alternatives to pointless orthorexia besides "anything goes"...?
    Think you can, think you can't - doesn't matter. Either way, you're right.

repped

Dead wrong, but you know this because you're simply trolling and offering advice to folks that you know is dead wrong, such as:

eat this all day every day as much as you want at anytime....put the following in a crockpot each day:

-1 cup lentils
    -2 cups water
    -1 16oz bag frozen broccoli
    -as many chicken breasts as you want

If too bland for you, then add hot sauce to taste.

Guaranteed you will drop fat at a very steady rate.

I see you're not going to engage in anything approaching a serious debate.

But at least you're offing some humor.
    Look I eat IIFYM, but I have found certain food sources for the same macros do better for me and my goals. All I advise the OP is to pay attention to his macros and sources and watch his body's response. I think he will find some foods suit him better than others for the same macro.

Rand-some football players would be considered out of shape for bodybuilding, which is what this site is about. Eat/train for your goals

Look I eat IIFYM, but I have found certain food sources for the same macros do better for me and my goals. All I advise the OP is to pay attention to his macros and sources and watch his body's response. I think he will find some foods suit him better than others for the same macro.
    So you advise the OP to employ the methods described by IIFYM's (which simply the long-held concept of DCA, renamed).

So you advise the OP to employ the methods described by IIFYM's (which simply the long-held concept of DCA, renamed).
    My posts are not anti-IIFYM. Perhaps you read them that way but they are not. If there is something in my posts above where that was interpreted that way then it was a mistake on either my part or the reader.

MsAurora is on a distinguished road. (+10) MsAurora is on a distinguished road. (+10) MsAurora is on a distinguished road. (+10) MsAurora is on a distinguished road. (+10) MsAurora is on a distinguished road. (+10) MsAurora is on a distinguished road. (+10) MsAurora is on a distinguished road. (+10) MsAurora is on a distinguished road. (+10) MsAurora is on a distinguished road. (+10) MsAurora is on a distinguished road. (+10) MsAurora is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Oats (my favorite), WHITE rice, WHITE potatos, vegetables, fruits.. Come on kid, use your brain..

netopia is just really nice. (+1000) netopia is just really nice. (+1000) netopia is just really nice. (+1000) netopia is just really nice. (+1000) netopia is just really nice. (+1000) netopia is just really nice. (+1000) netopia is just really nice. (+1000) netopia is just really nice. (+1000) netopia is just really nice. (+1000) netopia is just really nice. (+1000) netopia is just really nice. (+1000)
    The stupidity of some people is amazing. A calorie is a unit of enery, as far as energy goes it makes no difference where it comes from.
    Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover

SoccerMuscle5 will become famous soon enough. (+50) SoccerMuscle5 will become famous soon enough. (+50) SoccerMuscle5 will become famous soon enough. (+50) SoccerMuscle5 will become famous soon enough. (+50) SoccerMuscle5 will become famous soon enough. (+50) SoccerMuscle5 will become famous soon enough. (+50) SoccerMuscle5 will become famous soon enough. (+50) SoccerMuscle5 will become famous soon enough. (+50) SoccerMuscle5 will become famous soon enough. (+50) SoccerMuscle5 will become famous soon enough. (+50) SoccerMuscle5 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by PBateman2 View Post
    Skittles, Sour Patch Kids, potatoes, and rice.
    That's a tasty list for sure.
    No Excuses just results

Muscle Gauge Nutrition Rep

LindaAlbert has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    some of the food which is rich in carbs:
    Cereal, Grains
    Bread
    Fruits
    Beans, Pulses and Legumes
    Root Vegetables
    Dairy Products

ErickStevens has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ErickStevens has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ErickStevens has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ErickStevens has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ErickStevens has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ErickStevens has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ErickStevens has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ErickStevens has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ErickStevens has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ErickStevens has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ErickStevens has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    My current bulking carb sources: Pop Tarts, cereal, vegetables, fruit, and ice cream.
    "Nutrition for powerlifting: If you are serious about it, you will eat f*cking everything and get strong as $hit." - HamburgerTrain
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=163165741