Docfelt has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

The Doc's 60 Day transformation thread

Starting tonight, 11/4/12 I will attempt to make a significant change in my body chemistry over the next two months, and will access my goals on January 4th, 2013.

So I'm a senior in college, preparing for entrance to medical school. Also, I'm fat. I haven't always been fat. I used to be quite fit, and exercising was one of my favorite past times. Then I got involved at school.

20 pounds later, and I'm fat. Ok, so being 6' and 200 lbs isn't fat to some people, but to me, I'm incredibly uncomfortable at all times, I have stretch marks, always lack energy, and just overall feel like ****. I'm tired of it. I've been tired of it for two years. Time for a lifestyle change.

I eat like crap. All the time. Today alone I've eaten a tube of cinnamon rolls, krispy kreme doughnuts, bbq wings, and cinnamon toast crunch. This isn't far from the average day. I'm going to start eating healthier overall, like I used to. I don't want to do another crash keto diet and drop 15 pounds only to gain 20 back in half the time.

I'm going back to good ol' rippetoes. Last time I did it I saw significant change in my body and my strength. I'm undecided at this point as to what diet I'll follow, but I'm sure of one thing; carbs are not my friend. I'm starting to believe I have somewhat of a gluten allergy. Also, I can eat 1500 calories a day and lose weight at a snails pace, if there are carbs riddled in. On the flip side, if I eat 2800 calories a day with minimal carbs, my pants fall off in a week.

With that said, I'll keep to my strengths. Tonight at the gym post workout I weighed in at 206. This is my heaviest ever. I think my gym's scale always adds a couple pounds, but I'm just going to call that number accurate. Getting to 170 by 1/4 will be tough, and perhaps a bit unrealistic. I'm going to give it my best though.

I'll be posting here daily in regards to what's going on in my world of health. I'll only lift every day, but on off days I'll still try to keep myself accountable for diet. Stay tuned.
    Last edited by Docfelt; 11-04-2012 at 07:28 PM.

Docfelt has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Well ****.