Rana002 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Please advise I am lost

Hi everyone, Ok I am totally lost and I am sure many asked the same kind of questions (and I read most of them) but a lot of things don't apply to me
    Here it is in summary:

Female, Age: 32. Weight: 176 lbs, Height: 5'4
    Daily intake: 1400-1600 calories (healthy stuff, beans, wheat bread, brown rice, oats, eggs, vegetables, fruits....etc)
    Exercise: 6-7 hours a week (Hiit, weight lifting, cardio, pilate - Fitnessblender)
    BMR: 1300
    BMI 30
    Cheat days: Friday (even then no fast food)

I've been dieting my entire life (Since the age of 14- lost 40 pounds yeeeeeears ago but unable to lose the rest, not a platue issue). I know from the information above my metabolism is slow. I read the metabolism topic but I didn't find clear steps as how to do it and people with calorie deficit eat less than 1000 calories a day I am not sure if any of that applies to me. Can you at least give me sources as to where to go I am really tired. I eat one thing off and my weight goes up it is sooooo frustrating. Note: not married, no kids.

Any advise? I would really appreciate it.
    Last edited by Rana002; 04-09-2016 at 10:32 PM.

oncewasinshape will become famous soon enough. (+50) oncewasinshape will become famous soon enough. (+50) oncewasinshape will become famous soon enough. (+50) oncewasinshape will become famous soon enough. (+50) oncewasinshape will become famous soon enough. (+50) oncewasinshape will become famous soon enough. (+50) oncewasinshape will become famous soon enough. (+50) oncewasinshape will become famous soon enough. (+50) oncewasinshape will become famous soon enough. (+50) oncewasinshape will become famous soon enough. (+50) oncewasinshape will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by Rana002 View Post
    Hi everyone, Ok I am totally lost and I am sure many asked the same kind of questions (and I read most of them) but a lot of things don't apply to me
    Here it is in summary:

Daily intake: 1400-1600 calories (healthy stuff, beans, wheat bread, brown rice, oats, eggs, vegetables, fruits....etc)
    Exercise: 6-7 hours a week (Hiit, weight lifting, cardio, pilate - Fitnessblender)
    BMI 30

I've been dieting my entire life (Since the age of 14- lost 40 pounds yeeeeeears ago but unable to lose the rest, not a platue issue). I know from the information above my metabolism is slow. I read the metabolism topic but I didn't find clear steps as how to do it and people with calorie deficit eat less than 1000 calories a day I am not sure if any of that applies to me. Can you at least give me sources as to where to go I am really tired. I eat one thing off and my weight goes up it is sooooo frustrating. Note: not married, no kids.

You are a female. Your period can cause you to bloat and take on extra water weight. Focus on tightening up your calorie range and track diligently. 1400-1600 is a wide range. It could be the difference between you losing a little weight, maintaining, or gaining a little weight. I doubt your metabolism is that slow. What is your TDEE? Read the stickies here to learn more about the basics which you seem to be confused about.

Originally Posted by oncewasinshape View Post
    You are a female. Your period can cause you to bloat and take on extra water weight. Focus on tightening up your calorie range and track diligently. 1400-1600 is a wide range. It could be the difference between you losing a little weight, maintaining, or gaining a little weight. I doubt your metabolism is that slow. What is your TDEE? Read the stickies here to learn more about the basics which you seem to be confused about.

Thanks for your response. I just checked my TDEE online and it says 2041. I doubt an +/-200 calories would cause this much problem. Like I said I can't lose weight, my sizes are still big, even though I exercise pretty well, no cheating. I checked with a doctor and a the water may cause extra few pounds but not to the limit I am in.

Note: I had a thyroid check, nothing is wrong. Why do you think my metabolism is not that slow? I checked the stickis and they are very general I couldn't deduct something that suits me, and just testing the theories provided will take months I just want to be a little sure.

No good fitness doctors where I live. So my only hope is the internet.

Znik has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Znik has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Znik has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Znik has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Znik has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Znik has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Znik has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Znik has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Znik has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Znik has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Znik has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    If you haven't lost any weight for 3-4 weeks, then eat less. Simple as that.

Either your calorie tracking is incorrect or your TDEE is far lower than you think.

Originally Posted by dmacdonal9

Basic Fat Loss Process

1. Calculate your calories and macros
    2. Eat about 20% less calories than you burn each day while still meeting minimum protein and fat. Get the remainder of cals from carbs.
    3. Buy a kitchen scale and weigh everything that you eat.
    4. Count calories using a site like MyFitnessPal. Here's how to count accurately.
    5. Lift heavy weights to preserve muscle mass, on a structured program (see below). Why not your own routine? Read this. Don't wait, start lifting yesterday!
    6. Cardio is optional; do it if you like to increase your calorie deficit. Do it on off days from lifting and don't let it interfere with recovery.
    7. Still not losing weight? Stuck on a plateau? Read this. And remember, you are not special.

Beginner Workout Programs:
    All Pro's Beginner Routine
    Stronglifts 5x5
    Fierce 5
    Starting Strength
    Ice Cream Fitness 5X5

How to lift properly

Counting calories accurately requires precision. Read these:
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showth...hp?t=148418313
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showth...hp?t=154981223
    http://www.nytimes.com/2013/02/13/op...tive.html?_r=0
    http://www.weightlossresources.co.uk...d-calories.htm
    http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/1454084

And watch this informative video with terrible music: http://youtu.be/JVjWPclrWVY

Important Stuff To Know
    - Weight loss is not linear and predictable. Weigh yourself every day and track the average. Ignore short term fluctuations.
    - No specific food has a fat loss advantage over any other food. Eat foods you enjoy that deliver adequate macros and micros.
    - Cardio is not necessary to lose fat. It's just a tool to increase your net calorie deficit.
    - Muscle loss is not an issue if you get adequate protein and train properly, even on a big deficit (unless perhaps you are already quite lean).
    - Don't train on a bro-split from a magazine. Unless you've been training for a year or two, you will probably do better on a full body strength program designed by an expert. You are probably not an expert.
    - Keto offers no fat loss advantage over any other caloric deficit, except perhaps for very obese, sedentary folks.
    - Eating fat does not make you fat. Low fat diets screw up your body. Adequate dietary fat is crucially important.
    - The only bad fat is trans fat. Saturated fat is fine unless you eat stupid amounts of it.
    - Protein powder is a processed convenience food and offers no advantage over protein from whole foods. Use it if you like, it's fine. Remember to count the calories in it.
    - Sugar & simple carbs are irrelevant for fat loss as long as you hit your macros within a calorie deficit.
    - You cannot, in any way, change where your body chooses to burn fat from. There is no spot reduction.
    - Eat 1 meal/day or 10, there is no measurable effect on fat loss.
    - Eating carbs before bed is irrelevant within a calorie deficit and adequate macros.
    - You do not have metabolic damage unless you've been eating starvation level calories for a very long time.
    My story going from obese to fit while battling daily chronic headaches:
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=155566013&p=1104734533#post1104734533

Summer shred 2015. -final updated posted Sept. 19.
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=167135911

Originally Posted by Znik View Post
    If you haven't lost any weight for 3-4 weeks, then eat less. Simple as that.

Either your calorie tracking is incorrect or your TDEE is far lower than you think.
    I am sorry but I don't think it is the right thing to do to eat less than 1400 calories considering all the heavy workout I do. the "eat less exercise more" method no longer works for me, which is why, according to this forum and doctors online, it is a slow metabolism issue. I was going through a yo yo diet for years like I said. My calorie counting is accurate I use the apps suggested in forum.

Znik has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Znik has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Znik has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Znik has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Znik has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Znik has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Znik has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Znik has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Znik has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Znik has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Znik has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I am sorry but I don't think it is the right thing to do to eat less than 1400 calories considering all the heavy workout I do. the "eat less exercise more" method no longer works for me, which is why, according to this forum and doctors online, it is a slow metabolism issue. I was going through a yo yo diet for years like I said. My calorie counting is accurate I use the apps suggested in forum.
    Well if you aren't losing weight then you are clearly eating at maintenance, so you need to eat less or increase activity by a lot. There are no other ways around it.

You said your thyroid is fine and I assume in normal general health, so there is no metabolic issue, people don't just "get" slow metabolism. Metabolism in itself is a pretty set number (BMR), it is not something that is prone to change much, in general there is a maximum of 5-10% +/- difference which usually averages out at 100-180kcal +/-.

Yo-yo dieting does not affect your metabolism or ability to lose weight : https://www.sciencedaily.com/release...0814213252.htm

Since you aren't losing any weight at 1400kcal (which should at least be a minor deficit) then it's likely that your calorie tracking is off or cheat days/meals/subconscious snacking is ruining your deficit.

In short: Eat less and/or move more.
    My story going from obese to fit while battling daily chronic headaches:
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=155566013&p=1104734533#post1104734533

Summer shred 2015. -final updated posted Sept. 19.
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=167135911

HereToFlex is just really nice. (+1000) HereToFlex is just really nice. (+1000) HereToFlex is just really nice. (+1000) HereToFlex is just really nice. (+1000) HereToFlex is just really nice. (+1000) HereToFlex is just really nice. (+1000) HereToFlex is just really nice. (+1000) HereToFlex is just really nice. (+1000) HereToFlex is just really nice. (+1000) HereToFlex is just really nice. (+1000) HereToFlex is just really nice. (+1000)
    Here it is in summary:

BMI 30

I calculated your BMR at 1495... and if you were completely sedentary a TDEE of 1719 (I am ignoring the exercise for now as I cannot tell from the internet how intense it actually is.)
    If you were to be in a 20% deficit that is 1408 calories... You would be losing weight at this...
    So my suggestion would to be eat 1400 calories... 140g of protein, 55g of fat, and 85g of carbs.
    NO CHEAT OR REFEED DAYS... and I would recommend eat the same thing everyday for 2 weeks to rule out any inconsistency. Make sure you own a food scale... that is essential. Cardio is just a tool to put you in a caloric deficit, if you already in one then you don't need it unless you want it but for this example I am not including it.

Carbs: Fruits/Vegetables
    Carb Starches: Sweet Potato / Oatmeal / White Rice / Whole Wheat Pasta
    Fats: Nuts / Olive Oil / Macadamia Oil / Whole Eggs
    Protein: Egg Whites / Chicken / Protein Powder / Greek Yogurt / White Fish

Drink only black coffee / tea (nothing added in... no sweetners, nothing) / water

Come back here in 14 days eating that and following this... You will have lost weight... But as a disclaimer always check with a medical professional before starting any diet
    Bench: 345 for 5 sets of 3 reps
    Squat: 405 for 5 sets of 3 reps
    Dead-lift: 455 for 5 sets of 3 reps

dmacdonal9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dmacdonal9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dmacdonal9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dmacdonal9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dmacdonal9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dmacdonal9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dmacdonal9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dmacdonal9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dmacdonal9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dmacdonal9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dmacdonal9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    If your weight is stable, you are eating at maintenance calories, regardless of what you think your intake is.

People are terrible at measuring calories, so they get stuck in the trap you're in (my calories are already low, I'm in starvation mode, can't eat less, etc, etc).

It's all nonsense, so do yourself a favor and stop buying into it. Eat less till you're losing fat.

Originally Posted by HereToFlex View Post
    I calculated your BMR at 1495... and if you were completely sedentary a TDEE of 1719 (I am ignoring the exercise for now as I cannot tell from the internet how intense it actually is.)
    If you were to be in a 20% deficit that is 1408 calories... You would be losing weight at this...
    So my suggestion would to be eat 1400 calories... 140g of protein, 55g of fat, and 85g of carbs.
    NO CHEAT OR REFEED DAYS... and I would recommend eat the same thing everyday for 2 weeks to rule out any inconsistency. Make sure you own a food scale... that is essential. Cardio is just a tool to put you in a caloric deficit, if you already in one then you don't need it unless you want it but for this example I am not including it.

Carbs: Fruits/Vegetables
    Carb Starches: Sweet Potato / Oatmeal / White Rice / Whole Wheat Pasta
    Fats: Nuts / Olive Oil / Macadamia Oil / Whole Eggs
    Protein: Egg Whites / Chicken / Protein Powder / Greek Yogurt / White Fish

Drink only black coffee / tea (nothing added in... no sweetners, nothing) / water

Come back here in 14 days eating that and following this... You will have lost weight... But as a disclaimer always check with a medical professional before starting any diet
    Thanks for taking the time to do the calculations. I will be doing that.

staceywipiti has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) staceywipiti has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) staceywipiti has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) staceywipiti has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) staceywipiti has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) staceywipiti has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) staceywipiti has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) staceywipiti has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) staceywipiti has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) staceywipiti has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) staceywipiti has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    you dont need to be dieting all your life and struggling forever to lose weight, it can be easy if you just master this calorie thing, know exactly what goes into your body and make sure you hit that deficit and watch the fat melt away, and yes I know people can say they are the most accurate calorie counter in the world , but thermodynamics does not lie, and if someones not losing or are gaining then they simply are lying to themselves about how much they consume and are in denial , its as simple as that. Now I dont mean any offense and I do think you really do feel you are consuming X amount of calories and being accurate like most people do but im not convinced on how accurate you are since you say youve been dieting all your life since 14 which just wouldnt happen if you had this calorie stuff nailed down. you'd be surprised how fast calories add up without knowing, for example, what about extra teaspoons of sugar in coffee or the extra mayonnaise put on a sandwich , everything absolutely everything you put in your mouth needs to be accounted for or fat loss success will never happen . I agree with HereToFlex about eating the same food for 2 weeks to know exactly how much you're eating, I did this myself when started out calorie counting and it worked wonders, and makes you consistent, I actually still tend to eat the same foods now while cutting cause I feel its much easier this way, best of luck Rana