Thread: Gym Courtesy

snowman4839 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) snowman4839 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) snowman4839 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) snowman4839 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) snowman4839 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) snowman4839 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) snowman4839 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) snowman4839 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) snowman4839 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) snowman4839 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) snowman4839 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Gym Courtesy

I recently shattered my fibula and haven't been able to go the gym. The only reason I needed the gym is for the leg exercises like the squat rack. I have kept up my upper body workouts (overhead press, bench press, barbell row, barbell curl) at home with my barbell set. Before I start going back to the gym, I was just wondering what common courtesy was using machines. I use a relatively small gym that's 1/2 cardio stuff, 1/2 weights. I feel awkward if I'm squatting or something and I just kinda chill by the squat rack for the 1-2 minutes in between sets. Is that normal? Or do other people even care? It just feels like I'm hogging the equipment.

Arcos27 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Arcos27 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Arcos27 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Arcos27 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Arcos27 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Arcos27 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Arcos27 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Arcos27 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Arcos27 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Arcos27 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Arcos27 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by snowman4839 View Post
    I recently shattered my fibula and haven't been able to go the gym. The only reason I needed the gym is for the leg exercises like the squat rack. I have kept up my upper body workouts (overhead press, bench press, barbell row, barbell curl) at home with my barbell set. Before I start going back to the gym, I was just wondering what common courtesy was using machines. I use a relatively small gym that's 1/2 cardio stuff, 1/2 weights. I feel awkward if I'm squatting or something and I just kinda chill by the squat rack for the 1-2 minutes in between sets. Is that normal? Or do other people even care? It just feels like I'm hogging the equipment.
    Just depends really, you'll start to feel eyes on you when other people are wanting to get on it. Tbh though fuark them, they can wait till your finished. You pay a fee just like they do an nobody has the right to pressure you off of the equipment.

I go to gym very similar to yours with only one squat rack. Just don't stay on it for an hour at a time and nobody cares.
    "it's never too late to be the person you should've been" -unknown

★★★Torn ACL Crew★★★

Bench Press: 290lbs 1x1
    Squat: 355lbs 1x5
    Deadlift: 360lbs 1x1

ImEvan is on a distinguished road. (+10) ImEvan is on a distinguished road. (+10) ImEvan is on a distinguished road. (+10) ImEvan is on a distinguished road. (+10) ImEvan is on a distinguished road. (+10) ImEvan is on a distinguished road. (+10) ImEvan is on a distinguished road. (+10) ImEvan is on a distinguished road. (+10) ImEvan is on a distinguished road. (+10) ImEvan is on a distinguished road. (+10) ImEvan is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by snowman4839 View Post
    I wouldn't worry about it, generally if you're training heavy compounds, you're going to want a decent recovery period.

Don't feel pressured, you're not hogging the equipment, everyone has to wait their turn.
    ☆☆☆υк ¢яєω☆☆☆
    **MISC STRENGTH CREW**
    ☆☆☆GSF Crew☆☆☆

Deadlift 396 x 1
    Squat 320 x 1
    Bench 265 x 1
    OHP Strict 154 x 1
    --------------------------
    Rep's for life: strangeclouds, OneMA2011