Bodybuilding.com Information Motivation Supplementation
in:

The World’s #1 Bodybuilding And Fitness Forum - Save Up To 50% Off Retail Prices In Our Bodybuilding.com Store!

Stats: 5'9", 200 lbs
    wrstlr152 has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) wrstlr152 has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) wrstlr152 has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) wrstlr152 has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) wrstlr152 has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) wrstlr152 has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) wrstlr152 has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) wrstlr152 has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) wrstlr152 has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) wrstlr152 has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) wrstlr152 has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000)
    Visit wrstlr152's BodySpace

Post "It would be criminal to not give him a rematch" Ben Henderson on Frankie Edgar

rematch...

Frankie gave two rematches. It’s criminal not to give him a rematch after a decision, because, as a champ, he gave two rematches. I think it’s something that has to be done sometimes. There’s just no alternative. It does create a little bit of a logjam, I guess you could say, from the top, but, if you’re a challenger, the idea is you have to keep winning. It doesn’t matter. You have to keep on winning. So, if there’s a logjam…guess what? You gotta fight. You gotta win. Oh well. That’s the way life goes.”

While a guest on the UFC’s “Ultimate Insider” on FUEL TV, newly crowned champion, Benson Henderson discussed many topics. One of which was his rematch with the man he took the belt from, Frankie Edgar.

To check out what else the champ said, take a look at page 2 of this write up.

PAGE TWO:
    I would say probably not so much (does Pettis deserve a title shot). He had a split decision over an unranked Jeremy Stephens. I believe Ariel Helwani had Joe Lauzon ranked number ten. Nice win. Good stoppage over a number ten guy, but I don’t think that catapults you over guys like Jim Miller or Nate Diaz, who’s on a nice little run. So, it’s hard to say, really. Oh, absolutely. We’re gonna do it. Before I retire, before I die — he and I are gonna dance again in the Octagon. I’m gonna have the belt for a while. I’m gonna hold on to the belt. I’m not letting go of it for the next four, five years or so. It’s a matter of Pettis working his way up to the top to be a number one contender and get the title shot. I’m definitely looking forward to it. I wanna get my hands on him. But, you know, it’s up to Dana White, Joe Silva and those guys.”

“I wasn’t as busy as I wanted to be. I thought, in my head, I was a lot busier and more proactive with my boxing and whatnot. As I re-watched the fight, I was like, ‘Oh, wow. I wasn’t nearly as busy as I thought I was.’ There were a lot of openings that Frankie left that I did not take advantage of. Going into the rematch, when I see an opening, I am going to go for it.”

“I think a lot of guys would have folded. Frankie has a great heart. He was a great champ. He’s a great fighter. Tough as heck and a great chin. I think a lot of guys, going into the third round, would have been pretty sad and would have folded a little bit. But Frankie? There was no fold, no quit in him.”

“I’m gonna get nine title defenses. Whatever Anderson Silva has, I’m gonna get plus one. That’s the ultimate goal. I wanna be the best fighter on the planet, period. It’s a lofty goal, but, to be a UFC champion, that was a pretty lofty goal. When I was first starting out as a fighter, when I was an amateur guy, guess what…I got it done. I think me going for Anderson Silva’s records and whatnot might be kinda lofty and out there and far reaching, but guess what…those are my goals.”

http://bjpenn.com/mmanews/2012/03/28...tch-17942.html

I like Henderson's confidence in his own ability and his respect he has for Edgar by allowing a rematch, I think this interview was pretty candid and he gave some honest answers about other fighters in his division.
    LAKERS,49ERS,ANGELS

"Never argue with an idiot. He'll drag you down to his level and beat you with experience."

Stats: 6'2", 191 lbs
    LAWLER89 has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) LAWLER89 has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) LAWLER89 has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) LAWLER89 has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) LAWLER89 has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) LAWLER89 has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) LAWLER89 has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) LAWLER89 has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) LAWLER89 has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) LAWLER89 has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) LAWLER89 has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000)
    Visit LAWLER89's BodySpace
    I've heard people make these kind of "champ" for a long time statements before, but Ben's one of the rare few who seem sincere and confident in their ability to come through.

Stats: 5'9", 200 lbs
    wrstlr152 has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) wrstlr152 has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) wrstlr152 has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) wrstlr152 has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) wrstlr152 has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) wrstlr152 has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) wrstlr152 has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) wrstlr152 has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) wrstlr152 has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) wrstlr152 has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) wrstlr152 has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000)
    Visit wrstlr152's BodySpace
    Originally Posted by LAWLER89 View Post
    I've heard people make these kind of "champ" for a long time statements before, but Ben's one of the rare few who seem sincere and confident in their ability to come through.
    He had an interview(for Fight! mag) before his title shot with Edgar stating how long he wants to be a champion and how he wants to hold on the belt longer than Anderson has and defend the title 17 times.

The quote "Five years down the line, will people remember the kick? Yeah, they will, but they will, but they they'll also remember me defending my belt 17 times."
    LAKERS,49ERS,ANGELS

"Never argue with an idiot. He'll drag you down to his level and beat you with experience."