Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4
    NCK MIZ is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) NCK MIZ is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) NCK MIZ is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) NCK MIZ is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) NCK MIZ is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) NCK MIZ is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) NCK MIZ is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) NCK MIZ is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) NCK MIZ is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) NCK MIZ is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) NCK MIZ is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by yos123 View Post
    bump
    how much debt are you looking at upon graduation?

congrats BTW. I remember when I got accepted into my top choice PhD program. I felt on top of the world.
    "When you get a BS you think you know everything
    When you get your MS you realize you know nothing
    When you get your PhD you still realize you know nothing but it is ok because now you know no one else does either"

mrsixpercent will become famous soon enough. (+50) mrsixpercent will become famous soon enough. (+50) mrsixpercent will become famous soon enough. (+50) mrsixpercent will become famous soon enough. (+50) mrsixpercent will become famous soon enough. (+50) mrsixpercent will become famous soon enough. (+50) mrsixpercent will become famous soon enough. (+50) mrsixpercent will become famous soon enough. (+50) mrsixpercent will become famous soon enough. (+50) mrsixpercent will become famous soon enough. (+50) mrsixpercent will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by yos123 View Post
    I pretty sure I'm going to stay in engineering. If Cornell doesn't give me any grants then I will definitely go to a cheaper UC. I plan on working after undergrad so hopefully everything works out.
    That's good. Don't underestimate how much loans can affect you later on. I saved money in college and am now in a strong professional grad program where I'm having to shell out a ton for tuition. I have several friends who went to top schools and are already in a crap ton of debt + now they've got to worry about an extra 200k+ in loans plus undergrad loans.

My Pussy and My crack tcatcrawler's Avatar
    tcatcrawler is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) tcatcrawler is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) tcatcrawler is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) tcatcrawler is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) tcatcrawler is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) tcatcrawler is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) tcatcrawler is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) tcatcrawler is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) tcatcrawler is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) tcatcrawler is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) tcatcrawler is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by DepressedBrah View Post
    don't listen to this idiot.

new york is absolutely BEAUTIFUL. winters are not bad (Quebec brah) unless you REALLY can't take the cold a couple months out of the year, and remember if you're feeling down or depressed talk to a school counselor/doctor that's what they're there for.

I go to Concordia in Montreal and am mad jelly that you have such a beautiful campus, imagine taking walks with a girl around the water falls (like I said mad jelly)
    the cold is a big factor for the OP to consider.

brb not being able to get any fresh air b/c it's too cold. in cali OP will be able to study with fresh breeze blowing through the windows. little things like that DO MATTER when you're depressed/homesick.
    *"Soon you'll be ashes, or bones. A mere name at most - and even that is just a sound, an echo. The things we want in life are empty, stale, and trivial. So treat human beings as they deserve, be tolerant with others and strict with yourself. Remember, nothing belongs to you but your flesh and blood - and nothing else is under your control" - Marcus Aurelius

DoiEvenEat has a spectacular aura about. (+250) DoiEvenEat has a spectacular aura about. (+250) DoiEvenEat has a spectacular aura about. (+250) DoiEvenEat has a spectacular aura about. (+250) DoiEvenEat has a spectacular aura about. (+250) DoiEvenEat has a spectacular aura about. (+250) DoiEvenEat has a spectacular aura about. (+250) DoiEvenEat has a spectacular aura about. (+250) DoiEvenEat has a spectacular aura about. (+250) DoiEvenEat has a spectacular aura about. (+250) DoiEvenEat has a spectacular aura about. (+250)

tcatcrawler is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) tcatcrawler is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) tcatcrawler is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) tcatcrawler is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) tcatcrawler is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) tcatcrawler is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) tcatcrawler is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) tcatcrawler is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) tcatcrawler is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) tcatcrawler is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) tcatcrawler is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by viperrr View Post
    Tcat are you going back to Cornell soon?

-Brown '15
    i will not be returning to cornell unless i win tomorrow's mega millions drawing.

i owe them way too much money lol.
    *"Soon you'll be ashes, or bones. A mere name at most - and even that is just a sound, an echo. The things we want in life are empty, stale, and trivial. So treat human beings as they deserve, be tolerant with others and strict with yourself. Remember, nothing belongs to you but your flesh and blood - and nothing else is under your control" - Marcus Aurelius

Originally Posted by viperrr View Post
    I hope one day I will make enough money to pay for your cornell education

but

the misc could raise enough money to send me back...probably.

MrFitGamer is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MrFitGamer is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MrFitGamer is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MrFitGamer is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MrFitGamer is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MrFitGamer is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MrFitGamer is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MrFitGamer is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MrFitGamer is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MrFitGamer is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MrFitGamer is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    University Of Manitoba
    BRB wasting 1 year in U1 because I hated the kids in my school and didn't care so I can't get straight into Asper
    Grats OP

NCK MIZ is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) NCK MIZ is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) NCK MIZ is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) NCK MIZ is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) NCK MIZ is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) NCK MIZ is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) NCK MIZ is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) NCK MIZ is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) NCK MIZ is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) NCK MIZ is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) NCK MIZ is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by mrsixpercent View Post
    That's good. Don't underestimate how much loans can affect you later on. I saved money in college and am now in a strong professional grad program where I'm having to shell out a ton for tuition. I have several friends who went to top schools and are already in a crap ton of debt + now they've got to worry about an extra 200k+ in loans plus undergrad loans.
    I agree with this completely. Make sure you know what your end goal is before deciding on a school and think about the best way to get there. If you aren't planning on going to grad school then a solid degree from a high rep school may be worth it. But if you want a master's I would strongly take this into consideration.

I'm not in engineering, but my bro is in Computer Science and he went to a mediocre undergrad (mizzou), but worked his ass off, had no UG debt, and got into Georgia Tech's graduate CS program. So in the end everyone will see a top 5 Master's program and won't give a f*ck about where he went to UG. instead of being 140k in debt from UG & MS he will just be 50-60k in debt from his MS program.
    "When you get a BS you think you know everything
    When you get your MS you realize you know nothing
    When you get your PhD you still realize you know nothing but it is ok because now you know no one else does either"

Bulking ->Strength->Cut AMERICAN_BEAST's Avatar
    AMERICAN_BEAST is a name known to all. (+5000) AMERICAN_BEAST is a name known to all. (+5000) AMERICAN_BEAST is a name known to all. (+5000) AMERICAN_BEAST is a name known to all. (+5000) AMERICAN_BEAST is a name known to all. (+5000) AMERICAN_BEAST is a name known to all. (+5000) AMERICAN_BEAST is a name known to all. (+5000) AMERICAN_BEAST is a name known to all. (+5000) AMERICAN_BEAST is a name known to all. (+5000) AMERICAN_BEAST is a name known to all. (+5000) AMERICAN_BEAST is a name known to all. (+5000)
    inb4 OP commits suicide

seriously OP, stay safe
    "Our greatest weakness lies in giving up. The most certain way to succeed is always to try just one more time."

Follow my log!

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=158168953&pagenumber=

Workout program
    Strength [x]
    Size [ ]
    Cut [ ]

jk3587 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jk3587 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jk3587 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jk3587 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jk3587 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jk3587 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jk3587 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jk3587 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jk3587 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jk3587 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jk3587 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Prepare your angus for actual weather.
    180 kg Squat http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FlgHYC1cA7I
    180 kg x 2 Box Squat http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_R0K9KA0Sqc
    140 kg Front Squat http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WAHC1Fgvz_A
    190 kg Deadlift http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4g5pEwE5GPw

More videos at http://www.youtube.com/user/jk3587

UCLA '09 MIMG repping fellow Bruins and repping back if you ask

BigThree210 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BigThree210 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BigThree210 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BigThree210 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BigThree210 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BigThree210 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BigThree210 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BigThree210 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BigThree210 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BigThree210 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BigThree210 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    OP pepper your angus for northeast snobby attitude and old money (srs). Not everyone is but there are quite a few. Its a good school but personally I think its overrated in some aspects. I met quite a few people from cornell at conferences and felt like I had a better education than them
    Powerlifting-Athlete > Bodybuilder
    Bench:420X1 385lbsX3, 315X14, 225X26
    Squat(ATG):545lbs
    Squat(parallel):585lbs
    Deadlift (w/ out straps) 655lbs
    Hang Clean(w/ straps):365lbs
    40yd dash: 4.53 (at 185lbs)
    Vert jump: 32" (at 205lbs)
    (no e-stats)

yos123 will become famous soon enough. (+50) yos123 will become famous soon enough. (+50) yos123 will become famous soon enough. (+50) yos123 will become famous soon enough. (+50) yos123 will become famous soon enough. (+50) yos123 will become famous soon enough. (+50) yos123 will become famous soon enough. (+50) yos123 will become famous soon enough. (+50) yos123 will become famous soon enough. (+50) yos123 will become famous soon enough. (+50) yos123 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by tcatcrawler View Post
    i agree. i recommend OP take a small course load at cornell his first year just to get a feel for it.

moving cross country for college is 1 big stress in itself. (texas to new york for me)
    I will thanks.

Originally Posted by dbk1 View Post
    congrats bro! I'm actually from the Upstate NY area, from Cali to dem weathers its gonna be tough.
    What area in Cali are you from? LA?
    I ask because I'm trying to transfer to Occidental College idk if you've heard about it?
    i loved my visit do you know anything about the school?
    I'm from the OC. And I don't know anything about Occidental College.

Originally Posted by HeliumTwoPlus View Post
    It doesn't made any sense for him to go to a good school and get a good education and better his future? notsureifsrs

And no, it's not like California here, but it really is beautiful, and the summers are great.
    Looking forward to experiencing all 4 seasons.

Originally Posted by DepressedBrah View Post
    don't listen to this idiot.

new york is absolutely BEAUTIFUL. winters are not bad (Quebec brah) unless you REALLY can't take the cold a couple months out of the year, and remember if you're feeling down or depressed talk to a school counselor/doctor that's what they're there for.

I go to Concordia in Montreal and am mad jelly that you have such a beautiful campus, imagine taking walks with a girl around the water falls (like I said mad jelly)
    Looking forward to it.

Originally Posted by NCK MIZ View Post
    how much debt are you looking at upon graduation?

congrats BTW. I remember when I got accepted into my top choice PhD program. I felt on top of the world.
    Thanks brah. Still waiting on FA package.

Originally Posted by mrsixpercent View Post
    I'll keep that in mind, thanks brah.

Originally Posted by tcatcrawler View Post
    the cold is a big factor for the OP to consider.

brb not being able to get any fresh air b/c it's too cold. in cali OP will be able to study with fresh breeze blowing through the windows. little things like that DO MATTER when you're depressed/homesick.
    Peppering my angus.

Originally Posted by NCK MIZ View Post
    I agree with this completely. Make sure you know what your end goal is before deciding on a school and think about the best way to get there. If you aren't planning on going to grad school then a solid degree from a high rep school may be worth it. But if you want a master's I would strongly take this into consideration.

I'm not in engineering, but my bro is in Computer Science and he went to a mediocre undergrad (mizzou), but worked his ass off, had no UG debt, and got into Georgia Tech's graduate CS program. So in the end everyone will see a top 5 Master's program and won't give a f*ck about where he went to UG. instead of being 140k in debt from UG & MS he will just be 50-60k in debt from his MS program.
    I won't go if my debt is going to be in the 100k range.

Originally Posted by jk3587 View Post
    Prepare your angus for actual weather.
    Haha already starting too.

Originally Posted by BigThree210 View Post
    OP pepper your angus for northeast snobby attitude and old money (srs). Not everyone is but there are quite a few. Its a good school but personally I think its overrated in some aspects. I met quite a few people from cornell at conferences and felt like I had a better education than them
    Thanks for the advice.

c0vjek is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) c0vjek is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) c0vjek is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) c0vjek is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) c0vjek is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) c0vjek is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) c0vjek is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) c0vjek is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) c0vjek is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) c0vjek is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) c0vjek is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    OP I'm enrolled in Cornell for Computer Science srs

I have been there for some time. Not sure if I'll return after this year because of price.

YesWayNoWeigh has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) YesWayNoWeigh has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) YesWayNoWeigh has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) YesWayNoWeigh has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) YesWayNoWeigh has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) YesWayNoWeigh has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) YesWayNoWeigh has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) YesWayNoWeigh has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) YesWayNoWeigh has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) YesWayNoWeigh has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) YesWayNoWeigh has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    sup nard dog
    Redskins•O's•Wizards

Num3n has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Num3n has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Num3n has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Num3n has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Num3n has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Num3n has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Num3n has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Num3n has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Num3n has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Num3n has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Num3n has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    strong freaking campus, mirin.
    Think you of the fact that a deaf person cannot hear. Then what deafness may we not all possess? ~ Dune

We need a new ideology with the core values of reason, honesty, science and secular progress over the older traditions of religion, superstition and dogmatic faith that have long defined humanity. We will never be free to progress and advance until the last stone from the last church is cast down onto the last priest. And every equivalent.

imconfused will become famous soon enough. (+50) imconfused will become famous soon enough. (+50) imconfused will become famous soon enough. (+50) imconfused will become famous soon enough. (+50) imconfused will become famous soon enough. (+50) imconfused will become famous soon enough. (+50) imconfused will become famous soon enough. (+50) imconfused will become famous soon enough. (+50) imconfused will become famous soon enough. (+50) imconfused will become famous soon enough. (+50) imconfused will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    did they recently obliterate frats after that woman filed suit for like 25 mil when her son died? can't remember if the school just toned down the greek scene or did away with it completely...

also did you visit the campus earlier in the application process?

yos123 will become famous soon enough. (+50) yos123 will become famous soon enough. (+50) yos123 will become famous soon enough. (+50) yos123 will become famous soon enough. (+50) yos123 will become famous soon enough. (+50) yos123 will become famous soon enough. (+50) yos123 will become famous soon enough. (+50) yos123 will become famous soon enough. (+50) yos123 will become famous soon enough. (+50) yos123 will become famous soon enough. (+50) yos123 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by imconfused View Post
    did they recently obliterate frats after that woman filed suit for like 25 mil when her son died? can't remember if the school just toned down the greek scene or did away with it completely...

also did you visit the campus earlier in the application process?
    I'm going to visit over spring break.

Financial aid package just came in today. Got a $45000 grant with an additional $2000 through a work study. So in total it is going to be around 3k a year in loans and my parents will be have to pay at 10k. This is a way better than the piece of **** offer from UCSB. Those fools were trying to squeeze 25k a year out of us.