sracercelica has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Question Need help gaining weight :(

I am currently at 173 lb and I'm 6 ft, I am naturally skinny fat. I want to be at least 190 lbs but I can't seem to be able to put on weight in the right places. When I start eating above my maintenance levels the only thing that grows is my belly! I lift pretty heavy for my size (at least i believe) but nothing except my stomach seems to grow. Also, eating that much (about 2k calories) gets exhausting, unless I eat junk food loaded with calories, I can't seem to eat as much as I have to. Any tips?

qeynos is not very helpful. (-500) qeynos is not very helpful. (-500) qeynos is not very helpful. (-500) qeynos is not very helpful. (-500) qeynos is not very helpful. (-500) qeynos is not very helpful. (-500) qeynos is not very helpful. (-500) qeynos is not very helpful. (-500) qeynos is not very helpful. (-500) qeynos is not very helpful. (-500) qeynos is not very helpful. (-500)
    eat peanut butter all day

Too injured to lift crew XtremeOCD's Avatar
    XtremeOCD has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) XtremeOCD has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) XtremeOCD has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) XtremeOCD has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) XtremeOCD has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) XtremeOCD has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) XtremeOCD has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) XtremeOCD has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) XtremeOCD has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) XtremeOCD has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) XtremeOCD has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    What workout routine are you on? Maybe you are eating the right amount of calories to build muscle, but aren't on the right routine to accomplish it so therfore, your body has no choice but to add it as fat in the gut rather than use the calories to build muscle. Also, how much protein are you taking in each day?

Just a few thoughts that came to mind whe first reading your post...
    My Bahamian Photo Album <'))><
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=143862181

Feb 2017
    Lumbar fusion (anterior and posterior approach)
    7 incisions
    10 screws
    2 rods
    2 peak cages
    Titanium plate

RLAR is just really nice. (+1000) RLAR is just really nice. (+1000) RLAR is just really nice. (+1000) RLAR is just really nice. (+1000) RLAR is just really nice. (+1000) RLAR is just really nice. (+1000) RLAR is just really nice. (+1000) RLAR is just really nice. (+1000) RLAR is just really nice. (+1000) RLAR is just really nice. (+1000) RLAR is just really nice. (+1000)
    You don't need 2k calories extra, just go with 500-1k over.

Since you say you easily gain fat, Just eat high protein, high complex carbs and moderate fats (low unsaturated) 6-7 meals a day and atleast a gallon of water.
    (ex:40%protein/40%carbs/20%fats)
    Time

Originally Posted by XtremeOCD View Post
    What workout routine are you on? Maybe you are eating the right amount of calories to build muscle, but aren't on the right routine to accomplish it so therfore, your body has no choice but to add it as fat in the gut rather than use the calories to build muscle. Also, how much protein are you taking in each day?

Just a few thoughts that came to mind whe first reading your post...
    I lift weights on Monday (chest and tricepts) rest on Tues, I play flag football for fun so Wednesday we have practice which consists of running routes, and doing some drills, Thursday I do back and shoulder and biceps, fridays I rest, Saturday I do some light lifting on all the major muscle groups (nothing to heavy) and Sundays I play flag football for an hour. I eat about 100 grams of protein a day. Also, Im not eating an extra 2k calories, Im eating about 2k total.

musikguy72 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) musikguy72 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) musikguy72 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) musikguy72 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) musikguy72 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) musikguy72 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) musikguy72 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) musikguy72 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) musikguy72 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) musikguy72 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) musikguy72 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by sracercelica View Post
    I lift weights on Monday (chest and tricepts) rest on Tues, I play flag football for fun so Wednesday we have practice which consists of running routes, and doing some drills, Thursday I do back and shoulder and biceps, fridays I rest, Saturday I do some light lifting on all the major muscle groups (nothing to heavy) and Sundays I play flag football for an hour. I eat about 100 grams of protein a day. Also, Im not eating an extra 2k calories, Im eating about 2k total.
    Just by my rough calculations, you should be eating around 2750 just to maintain your current weight. To bulk (gain muscle) you should be eating around 3100 calories. To cut you should be eating around 2300 cal. That's 2300 calories to lose weight! You're only eating 2000 cal? Found your problem.

This should help you: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showth...hp?t=121703981

Originally Posted by musikguy72 View Post
    Just by my rough calculations, you should be eating around 2750 just to maintain your current weight. To bulk (gain muscle) you should be eating around 3100 calories. To cut you should be eating around 2300 cal. That's 2300 calories to lose weight! You're only eating 2000 cal? Found your problem.
    What are some of the things you guys eat to be able to eat that many calories and not feel really full and about to explode all the time? The only way I was ever able to eat that many calories is thru heavy doses of pasta or peanut butter sandwiches, and the only thing that grew was my stomach :/

whiteindian is not very helpful. (-500) whiteindian is not very helpful. (-500) whiteindian is not very helpful. (-500) whiteindian is not very helpful. (-500) whiteindian is not very helpful. (-500) whiteindian is not very helpful. (-500) whiteindian is not very helpful. (-500) whiteindian is not very helpful. (-500) whiteindian is not very helpful. (-500) whiteindian is not very helpful. (-500) whiteindian is not very helpful. (-500)
    You need to eat properly.
    You need to give up doing so much cardio
    You need to build strength first
    You need to sleep right ( or try too )
    you could smoke some weed to gain munchies but then you have to afford the food.

GetFit10 will become famous soon enough. (+50) GetFit10 will become famous soon enough. (+50) GetFit10 will become famous soon enough. (+50) GetFit10 will become famous soon enough. (+50) GetFit10 will become famous soon enough. (+50) GetFit10 will become famous soon enough. (+50) GetFit10 will become famous soon enough. (+50) GetFit10 will become famous soon enough. (+50) GetFit10 will become famous soon enough. (+50) GetFit10 will become famous soon enough. (+50) GetFit10 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by whiteindian View Post
    you could smoke some weed to gain munchies but then you have to afford the food.
    last part made me lol

Originally Posted by whiteindian View Post
    I feel I eat as much as I can, and the problem being if I eat anymore I would walk feeling super full all day. Unless I start drinking calories (juice) :/

and I do smoke some weed but only to go to sleep otherwise I suffer from insomnia.

Rise Of The Weak Squatter GinjaNinja85's Avatar
    Location: Brighton, East Sussex, United Kingdom (Great Britain)
    GinjaNinja85 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) GinjaNinja85 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) GinjaNinja85 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) GinjaNinja85 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) GinjaNinja85 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) GinjaNinja85 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) GinjaNinja85 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) GinjaNinja85 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) GinjaNinja85 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) GinjaNinja85 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) GinjaNinja85 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Mate, don't take this the wrong way but you are a classic example of someone doing everything wrong.

Go to the nutrition section and read the stickies. 2000 calories is a poor amount. I'm eating more than that and I'm cutting. I'm starving all day!!! Start drinking uncooked oatmeal as well as the above mentioned things. Drink lots of milk if need be. Make sure you get enough carbs, proteins, fats and that means buying some food scales and counting calories. Jesus, sort it out bro!

Get on a proper program. Your routine is probably not hitting enough muscles often enough.
    Powerlifter 160/100/195/455kg @ 91.55
    137.5/97.5/195/430kg @ 82.7

Boxer 5-1