Grimmy32 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Will fat burners hamper muscle growth?

I've been trying to find this on my own using the search function but I'm not coming up with any hits.

I'm working out 6 days a week trying to gain strength and size while improving cardio and loosing fat. [I know, just like everyone]

Will taking fat burners (Hydroxicut Advance) stop me from gaining muscle and size? Taking them now seem like a habit almost, I'm wondering if I cut them out if I'll put more muscle on because I seem to have hit a plateau.

(Realizing that there may be other factors, just wondering if the hydroxicut will actually hamper muscle growth)

Thanks

bruto has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bruto has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bruto has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bruto has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bruto has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bruto has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bruto has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bruto has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bruto has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bruto has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bruto has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    hidroxicut is garbage

lee__d has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) lee__d has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) lee__d has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) lee__d has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) lee__d has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) lee__d has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) lee__d has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) lee__d has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) lee__d has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) lee__d has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) lee__d has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    no. 1. they suck

2. the almost negligible amount of cals they may burn would just be deducted from whatever your surplus is.

So if I stop taking them I won't balloon up like I've been stung by a hive of bee's?

I'm 5'9, and 180ish lbs. Been fighting for those last 5 pounds for my target weight for about 4 months now. I dropped 35 pounds but have been afraid if I stopped taking the Hydropxicut all my fatness will come back.

bruto has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bruto has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bruto has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bruto has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bruto has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bruto has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bruto has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bruto has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bruto has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bruto has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bruto has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    so you were planing on taking hydroxicut for the rest of your sorry life?

lee__d has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) lee__d has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) lee__d has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) lee__d has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) lee__d has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) lee__d has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) lee__d has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) lee__d has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) lee__d has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) lee__d has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) lee__d has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    op, that's really some illogical, irrational thinking for 32 yr old.

sharpieblet is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sharpieblet is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sharpieblet is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sharpieblet is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sharpieblet is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sharpieblet is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sharpieblet is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sharpieblet is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sharpieblet is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sharpieblet is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sharpieblet is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    hahahaha makin' me lol. fat burners to regulate your fat levels bro, you're buying way too much into marketing. they pretty much just give you energy and suppress your hunger. the only thing that will make you plump up is if you go overboard eating way more cals than you need to build muscle. you don't need fat burners period. in fact you've probably grown an insane tolerance to them now to where they don't even hold your hunger back that much.

start counting cals, regardless of whether you're wanting to cut fat or build muscle.

likeag6 is on a distinguished road. (+10) likeag6 is on a distinguished road. (+10) likeag6 is on a distinguished road. (+10) likeag6 is on a distinguished road. (+10) likeag6 is on a distinguished road. (+10) likeag6 is on a distinguished road. (+10) likeag6 is on a distinguished road. (+10) likeag6 is on a distinguished road. (+10) likeag6 is on a distinguished road. (+10) likeag6 is on a distinguished road. (+10) likeag6 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    You need to do more research.

You're going about this the wrong way. It's like mixing a hot tub together with a keg ice cold beer and imagining that you will suddenly get a hot tub that is awesome to lay in and full of cold beer to drink.

In actuality, it will just be a dirty lukewarm hot tub that is neither pleasant to drink from nor good to bath in.

Cut or bulk, pick one.

Instead of trying to become a superman, deal with your biggest problem first. Your biggest problem is lack of research so start researching a bit. If you're going to use a fat burner, use a better one.

Pick whether you want to focus on increasing lean mass or losing fat. Doing both at the same time can be done, it will take you a hundred times as long as doing either, this is why workouts are cyclic.

Phase 1:
    Count calories have a deficit.
    Lift weights 3x a week.
    Get enough protein.
    Get EC.
    Get BF% down to something reasonable.

Phase 2:
    Count calories have a surplus.
    Lift weights 3x a week.
    Get enough protein.
    See how you progress naturally.
    Research possible supps.
    Get lean mass up higher.

Repeat these two phases over and over until you have found a point where you are content with maintaining.

Originally Posted by bruto View Post
    so you were planing on taking hydroxicut for the rest of your sorry life?
    Until the wife found out where the $100 a month was going!
    I took my unopened bottle back to GNC today.

Originally Posted by lee__d View Post
    op, that's really some illogical, irrational thinking for 32 yr old.
    Indeed.
    Tricks and short cuts are very tempting and, I'm sure I'm not the first to notice, habit forming.

Originally Posted by likeag6 View Post
    You need to do more research.

You're going about this the wrong way. It's like mixing a hot tub together with a keg ice cold beer and imagining that you will suddenly get a hot tub that is awesome to lay in and full of cold beer to drink.

In actuality, it will just be a dirty lukewarm hot tub that is neither pleasant to drink from nor good to bath in.

Cut or bulk, pick one.

Instead of trying to become a superman, deal with your biggest problem first. Your biggest problem is lack of research so start researching a bit. If you're going to use a fat burner, use a better one.

Pick whether you want to focus on increasing lean mass or losing fat. Doing both at the same time can be done, it will take you a hundred times as long as doing either, this is why workouts are cyclic.

Phase 1:
    Count calories have a deficit.
    Lift weights 3x a week.
    Get enough protein.
    Get EC.
    Get BF% down to something reasonable.

Phase 2:
    Count calories have a surplus.
    Lift weights 3x a week.
    Get enough protein.
    See how you progress naturally.
    Research possible supps.
    Get lean mass up higher.

Repeat these two phases over and over until you have found a point where you are content with maintaining.
    Good advice, thank you. I'll cut out the fat burners & continue to count calories.

Question. On the program I use it gives me a set number of calories per day and like all calorie counters adds up until I reach that point and warns me when i go over.
    If I do exercise it also "adds available calories" for lack of a better term to my over all daily allotment. So if I hit my 2000 cal daily limit (for example) but I "burned off" 700 calories does that mean I can still intake those 700 calories I used up that day from running?
    Hope I explained that right.
    Last edited by Grimmy32; 02-03-2012 at 12:10 PM.

So a couple months later- stopped taking fat burners as so elegantly recommended.

I didn't balloon up like I had feared. I've actually dropped to my goal weight of 175. The fat burners were doing nothing but eating away at my liver and wallet. Thanks for the sound advice.