Thread: Womp womp WOMP

DanceShay is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) DanceShay is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) DanceShay is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) DanceShay is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) DanceShay is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) DanceShay is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) DanceShay is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) DanceShay is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) DanceShay is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) DanceShay is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) DanceShay is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)

Womp womp WOMP

I'm having some serious problems with losing fat... It honestly seems like I gain muscle easier than I am losing fat, and I need someone on the outside looking in, to take a look at my diet and training plan to see what it is that I'm doing wrong. About a year ago, before I joined the Navy, I was having such an easy time losing fat, but I know my diet is very similar now to what it was back then. Thanks in advance for any advice!

Diet: (Every meal is 3 hrs apart)

Morning: 1 cup oats, 1 tsp natty pb, cinnamon
    1 whole egg, 2 egg whites

Lunch: 6oz chicken breast, mixed veggies (peas, corn, lima beans) or salsa

Midafternoon: 1 cup greek yogurt with banana

Preworkout: 1 cup oats, 1 tsp pb
    6oz. tuna

Post: 6oz chicken OR 1 egg, 2 egg whites with salsa, plus black beans

Before bed: Either one cup greek yogurt or cottage cheese.

Training is split: I do every exercise 3 sets to failure. Usually in the 12-15 rep range

Monday: Arms (Wide-grip pull ups, bicep curls, spider curls, preacher curls/ dips, skullcrushers, tricep extensions with rope attachment)

Tuesday: Back (Extensions, seated rows, standing rows, wide-grip pull ups, lat pulldowns)

Wednesday: Shoulders

Thursday: Legs (barbell squats, box jumps, extensions, seated hamstring curls, leg press)

Friday: Chest (Bench press, dips, cable flyes, dumbbell pullovers)

I also do abs every day: Hanging leg lifts, weighted sit-ups, weighted Russian Twists. I maybe do 20 mins of cardio on the end of every other workout. It's not something I've really implimented too hard into my training plan.

Like I said, any advice would be appreciated! I change up my routine about every month, but my fat loss has been at a standstill the past 4 months.
    "To cross the line takes a tiny step, but will a spark cause the bridge to burn?"

"Accept no one's definition of your life; define yourself. Also, define your abs."

Serpentarius has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Serpentarius has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Serpentarius has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Serpentarius has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Serpentarius has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Serpentarius has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Serpentarius has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Serpentarius has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Serpentarius has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Serpentarius has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Serpentarius has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    That doesnt seem like an awful lot of calories, 6oz of chikkins should be around 175 calories/33g protein, that cottage cheese could be anywhere from 160 cals to like 300 depending on fat content, same goes for greek yogurt, dont count veggies, 90 cals in the egg, that banana around 7-8 inches should be ~100 cals, the oats could be around 300 calories per cup (for quaker brand anyhow), but it seems like you are only eating around 1300.
    Obviously you could eat that and skim some of it away if you arent losing fat if you dont want to count the cals, that does work. Either way you are just eating too much.

Try a carb refeed for a few consecutive days or a large cheat meal and see what happens.
    I'd do abs maybe 2x a week tops, and increase the intensity to cut back on time spent doing them, not like routine matters since its a simple energy expenditure issue at hand.

Are you really eating the same thing every single day? I do that, but curious really.
    Last edited by Serpentarius; 03-30-2012 at 11:47 AM.
    There is always someone less fortunate, with real hunger, with real adversity, who made something of themselves. What is your excuse?

DanceShay is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) DanceShay is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) DanceShay is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) DanceShay is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) DanceShay is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) DanceShay is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) DanceShay is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) DanceShay is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) DanceShay is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) DanceShay is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) DanceShay is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Thanks for the detailed response! Hmm, I guess that does sound pretty low..I will try a carb refeed and see what happens. And yes, I do eat the same thing every day haha. But I like what I'm eating, so it's not a problem
    "To cross the line takes a tiny step, but will a spark cause the bridge to burn?"

"Accept no one's definition of your life; define yourself. Also, define your abs."

ejthomp is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ejthomp is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ejthomp is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ejthomp is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ejthomp is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ejthomp is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ejthomp is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ejthomp is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ejthomp is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ejthomp is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ejthomp is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    If you're not counting calories..... you're just eating.

Looks like you are eating a good quality of food in regards to nutrition, but without tracking calories you're no better off than anyone else when it comes to weight loss.

Count calories....count ALL calories... monitor protein, fat and carbs.... EVERY DAY, EVERY MEAL, EVERY SNACK, EVERY CHEAT

Count with 100% consistency for 3 FULL WEEKS.

After 3 full weeks adjust calories to give you the 1-2 pound/week fat loss.

I'm currently on day #5 of week #6 in my log book. An eating log book is the most powerful fat loss tool I can ever imagine. TRY IT!!!
    A diet isn't punishment. A diet is a way to reward your body with the wholesome, nutritious food that it needs. Your body composition is a direct reflection of what you put in your mouth.

Originally Posted by ejthomp View Post
    If you're not counting calories..... you're just eating.

Looks like you are eating a good quality of food in regards to nutrition, but without tracking calories you're no better off than anyone else when it comes to weight loss.

Count calories....count ALL calories... monitor protein, fat and carbs.... EVERY DAY, EVERY MEAL, EVERY SNACK, EVERY CHEAT

Count with 100% consistency for 3 FULL WEEKS.

After 3 full weeks adjust calories to give you the 1-2 pound/week fat loss.

I'm currently on day #5 of week #6 in my log book. An eating log book is the most powerful fat loss tool I can ever imagine. TRY IT!!!
    I totally agree..I used to track calories like no other, but it started to become an obsessive-compulsive thing, and so I laid off it for a while. But it does catch things that we might miss or forget, so maybe I will have to start it up again...haha I have a feeling I may be consuming too many fats or carbs..maybe tracking it in a log will help.