lmfao1713 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

what exactly is holding me back>?

i've been trying for at least three years now to commit to a diet and turn my life around...but I keep screwing up and I don't have any idea why I keep doing this to myself.

FatLossBoss is on a distinguished road. (+10) FatLossBoss is on a distinguished road. (+10) FatLossBoss is on a distinguished road. (+10) FatLossBoss is on a distinguished road. (+10) FatLossBoss is on a distinguished road. (+10) FatLossBoss is on a distinguished road. (+10) FatLossBoss is on a distinguished road. (+10) FatLossBoss is on a distinguished road. (+10) FatLossBoss is on a distinguished road. (+10) FatLossBoss is on a distinguished road. (+10) FatLossBoss is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by lmfao1713 View Post
    i've been trying for at least three years now to commit to a diet and turn my life around...but I keep screwing up and I don't have any idea why I keep doing this to myself.
    Without knowing you and your situation intimately its difficult to diagnose exactly WHY you keep self-sabotaging and not following through, perhaps you can elaborate on what you mean by "keep screwing up"?.
    You may have destructive habitual behaviours that you can't break through, you might be surrounded by people who don't want you to succeed and try to bring you down.

These are externalisations though - reasons and excuses millions of people use to justify their lack of action and or results. When it comes down to it, the reason you haven't moved very far is because you either don't possess enough of a motivating goal (A PULL) and or enough dissastisfaction with your current state or situation to move away from (A PUSH).

Think about people who have the unfortunate experience of losing a family member from a destructive behaviour or activity such as smoking. Up until that point the person kept smoking because there wasn't enough of a reason to stop, but as soon as they saw the pain and destruction that ended the life of their family member there was more than enough PAIN to associate with smoking and PUSH them away from smoking forever.

Try to conjur powerful and compelling reasons to move away and change your current state - reasons to be dissatisfied with where you are now that motivate away you to PUSH yourself away from.

Then form some powerful and inspirational goals to work toward.

Obviously changing any part of your life is complex and difficult process and it's not something that comes easily, but one thing is certain: When humans commit wholeheartedly to change anything is possible.

Good luck!
    http://fatlossboss.com/blog

robertover50 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) robertover50 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) robertover50 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) robertover50 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) robertover50 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) robertover50 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) robertover50 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) robertover50 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) robertover50 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) robertover50 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) robertover50 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Wow, I don't know how old you are but we've started in the same place at over 190. I'm 52 (soon 53) and at the age of 50 I was sure the only way to get rid of the fat was surgery. I tried everything, so I thought. To make long story short; I never ate crap but just too much good stuff. I got LoseIt for my iPhone and started tracking everything that went into my mouth. I changed my workout routine to doing supersets with drop sets with little to no rest between sets. In fact, I just read in an article that this workout is the best for our body type. So, getting a routine that worked and watching my calories closly, I droped 30 lbs of fat and packed on at least 10+ lbs of lean muscle. The mirror became my biggest motivator. So after years of my weight going up and down more than a roller coaster, I finnally got my life and body on track. My goal now is to be in the best "muscular" shape of my life at 53 and continue to improve after that. If you want more details, feel free to send me a private message; I've actually helped a few people on this site who were in the same place. Good Luck and hope to hear from you......

n0z has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    You only live once bro. Be who you want to be. It's never too late to start, but the longer you wait the harder it will be. Without knowing what you do or how you live your life, it's hard to make any assessments on what you are doing wrong. But you probably already know. Whether it be drinking too often, eating unhealthily, not getting enough sleep, or simply not training properly, you KNOW what you are lacking, and you KNOW that you can improve.

It takes exactly 21 days to make an activity habitual. For the next 21 days, dedicate yourself to eating right, working out, sleeping, and just being overall happy.

Gotta push it to the limit bro.