Eric90XJ has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Eric90XJ has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Eric90XJ has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Eric90XJ has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Eric90XJ has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Eric90XJ has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Eric90XJ has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Eric90XJ has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Eric90XJ has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Eric90XJ has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Eric90XJ has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

A Simple Beginner's Routien Questions

Sorry, I know this should go on the All Pro Beginner Routien thread, but it wasn't getting answered.

I just completed week 5 of my first cycle last week and I think I may have screwed up. I almost completed 12 reps on all exercises but failed on the last rep of the second set on some exercises. Also, the sets where I did complete all reps were insanely difficult.

1) I tried to repeat the 12 rep week again this week and barely completed all reps but do not feel good about them. They were not all solid reps, I kind of cheated on a few. Am I correct in understanding that re starting the 12 rep week was wrong, and that I should re start the WHOLE cycle from rep 8?

2) Can someone clue me in to how the 10 rep max affects the work weight chosen? Are you supposed to start your 2x8 set at a certain percentage of 10 RM? I just picked a weight that I felt was good to start 8 reps with as I had an idea of how much I could lift from previous lifting experience.

3) Today I am supposed to do my medium day and I am trying to figure out what I should do. I am thinking that the best thing to do is to take a few days off, re test my 10 RM, and re start the whole cycle from rep 8 week with the appropriate weight. Is this correct?

Let me add that even if I have messed up somewhere, I do not feel that this was a waste. I have already seen some results through the first cycle, but I feel like I need a deload for sure.

TheBirchman has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by Eric90XJ View Post
    1) I tried to repeat the 12 rep week again this week and barely completed all reps but do not feel good about them. They were not all solid reps, I kind of cheated on a few. Am I correct in understanding that re starting the 12 rep week was wrong, and that I should re start the WHOLE cycle from rep 8?
    Originally Posted by All Pro
    You will be running this program on a five week cycle as follows:
    The first week do all 4 sets for 8 reps.
    The second week do all 4 sets for 9 reps.
    The third week do all 4 sets for 10 reps.
    The fourth week do all 4 sets for 11 reps.
    The fifth week do all 4 sets for 12 reps.
    If you got all of the required reps on the fifth week then increase the weight by 10% and

repeat the cycle. If you didn't get all of the reps on the fifth week then repeat the cycle with the same weight.
    All Pro says repeat the cycle, not the week.

3) Today I am supposed to do my medium day and I am trying to figure out what I should do. I am thinking that the best thing to do is to take a few days off, re test my 10 RM, and re start the whole cycle from rep 8 week with the appropriate weight. Is this correct?
    That's what I would do. If the plan works, stick to the plan. Sticking to good form and completing the sets and reps prescribed properly is more important than just advancing to another cycle if you couldn't complete some and only completed others by using bad form. Could hurt yourself!

Eric90XJ has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Eric90XJ has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Eric90XJ has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Eric90XJ has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Eric90XJ has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Eric90XJ has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Eric90XJ has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Eric90XJ has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Eric90XJ has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Eric90XJ has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Eric90XJ has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by TheBirchman View Post
    All Pro says repeat the cycle, not the week.

That's what I would do. If the plan works, stick to the plan. Sticking to good form and completing the sets and reps prescribed properly is more important than just advancing to another cycle if you couldn't complete some and only completed others by using bad form. Could hurt yourself!
    Thanks for the reply. Do you know how the 10 Rep Max fits in the the routein? My guess is that you should start the 8 rep week at your 10 RM weight?

Jasonk282 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jasonk282 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jasonk282 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jasonk282 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jasonk282 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jasonk282 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jasonk282 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jasonk282 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jasonk282 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jasonk282 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jasonk282 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Thanks for the reply. Do you know how the 10 Rep Max fits in the the routein? My guess is that you should start the 8 rep week at your 10 RM weight?
    your 10RM is your working weight for ALL 5 weeks.

Wednesdays weight is 10% lower than mondays and Fridays is 20% lower.

So say your bench 10rm was 100lbs.
    monday 100lbs 2x8
    wed 90lbs 2x8
    friday 80lbs 2x8
    OG

Originally Posted by Jasonk282 View Post
    your 10RM is your working weight for ALL 5 weeks.

Wednesdays weight is 10% lower than mondays and Fridays is 20% lower.

So say your bench 10rm was 100lbs.
    monday 100lbs 2x8
    wed 90lbs 2x8
    friday 80lbs 2x8
    Great, this answers my main question. Thank you.

Yall think I should just take the day off today and rest to get a solid 10 RM on Monday? I want to go to the gym but I am not sure if it is worth it to do another medium 12 rep day. It might even be more beneficial to take some time off to prep for a good 10 RM day.