sekke will become famous soon enough. (+50) sekke will become famous soon enough. (+50) sekke will become famous soon enough. (+50) sekke will become famous soon enough. (+50) sekke will become famous soon enough. (+50) sekke will become famous soon enough. (+50) sekke will become famous soon enough. (+50) sekke will become famous soon enough. (+50) sekke will become famous soon enough. (+50) sekke will become famous soon enough. (+50) sekke will become famous soon enough. (+50)

Long term effect of squatting

Just watched celebrity apprentice the other night cause Lou Ferrigno is on there and they were talking about how he had 2 knee replacements and 2 hip replacements. ****. . I don't wanna have to do that when I get old.

Will squatting all the time over years and years screw you up big time later in life?

racketteer is just really nice. (+1000) racketteer is just really nice. (+1000) racketteer is just really nice. (+1000) racketteer is just really nice. (+1000) racketteer is just really nice. (+1000) racketteer is just really nice. (+1000) racketteer is just really nice. (+1000) racketteer is just really nice. (+1000) racketteer is just really nice. (+1000) racketteer is just really nice. (+1000) racketteer is just really nice. (+1000)
    it depends on the person and how far they take the lifting. I also can't imagine holding 280+ pounds in contest condition did him any good over the years. that is a lot of weight for the human body to hold.
    "on the bech press i usually start off with 205 doing it 5 times then once i ad my usual extra 5 pounds on i can barely do it twice. How can i increase my chest cardio? so i can rep heavy weight easier" -dc1992hp

come by and check out my log. I'm racing to a 275x5 bench and 185x3 strict press with comps.
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=141680751

*** MISC Strength Crew ***

RugbyTank is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) RugbyTank is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) RugbyTank is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) RugbyTank is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) RugbyTank is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) RugbyTank is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) RugbyTank is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) RugbyTank is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) RugbyTank is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) RugbyTank is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) RugbyTank is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Only if you had ****ty form to begin with and continued on with it.

People who have injuries are the ones who:
    Over-train - by this I mean doing weight they shouldn't be doing, because their form sucks or had injectables allowing them to do more than what their body can get accustomed to do or both.

Don't know how to prevent them - They dont: properly warm-up, properly de-load, rest between sets long enough, rest between muscle groups
    Seek truth and reason

Engineer_Guy is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Engineer_Guy is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Engineer_Guy is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Engineer_Guy is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Engineer_Guy is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Engineer_Guy is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Engineer_Guy is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Engineer_Guy is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Engineer_Guy is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Engineer_Guy is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Engineer_Guy is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by sekke View Post
    Will squatting all the time over years and years screw you up big time later in life?
    Only if you squat like a moron.

ironrat42 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ironrat42 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ironrat42 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ironrat42 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ironrat42 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ironrat42 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ironrat42 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ironrat42 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ironrat42 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ironrat42 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ironrat42 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    the reality is that lifting heavy weights can have a serious impact on your body in old age, don't let some of the older lifters on here fool you with limited anecdotal evidence, yes there are 60+ year olds on here who lift with excellent results, but many of them started lifting later in life and don't lift anywhere near what Lou lifted. Lifting can give you some serious joint issues, a hip replacement is no fun, but happy squatting to everyone, let me know how you are doing at age 75.

Edit: I am not advocating that people do not squat, just giving some food for thought.
    "I know that I am intelligent, because I know that I know nothing." -Socrates

Everything I post is my opinion based on a relatively respectable education and a good amount of time in the weight room. If we disagree, so be it, let's have some intelligent debate.

I rep back.

sekke will become famous soon enough. (+50) sekke will become famous soon enough. (+50) sekke will become famous soon enough. (+50) sekke will become famous soon enough. (+50) sekke will become famous soon enough. (+50) sekke will become famous soon enough. (+50) sekke will become famous soon enough. (+50) sekke will become famous soon enough. (+50) sekke will become famous soon enough. (+50) sekke will become famous soon enough. (+50) sekke will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by ironrat42 View Post
    the reality is that lifting heavy weights can have a serious impact on your body in old age, don't let some of the older lifters on here fool you with limited anecdotal evidence, yes there are 60+ year olds on here who lift with excellent results, but many of them started lifting later in life and don't lift anywhere near what Lou lifted. Lifting can give you some serious joint issues, a hip replacement is no fun, but happy squatting to everyone, let me know how you are doing at age 75.

Edit: I am not advocating that people do not squat, just giving some food for thought.
    Yeah, thats what I'm wondering. The stress on the body over time just seems like it would keep adding up even with proper form. I realize most of us aren't going to be lifting at the same volume and intensity as Lou but I doubt form was an issue with him.....

Engineer_Guy is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Engineer_Guy is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Engineer_Guy is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Engineer_Guy is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Engineer_Guy is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Engineer_Guy is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Engineer_Guy is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Engineer_Guy is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Engineer_Guy is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Engineer_Guy is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Engineer_Guy is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)

Yes we all better drop the heavy weights and go sit on the couch. Nothing helps your joints like being inactive.

ironrat42 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ironrat42 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ironrat42 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ironrat42 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ironrat42 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ironrat42 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ironrat42 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ironrat42 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ironrat42 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ironrat42 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ironrat42 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by Engineer_Guy View Post
    Yes we all better drop the heavy weights and go sit on the couch. Nothing helps your joints like being inactive.
    ahh the fun of living in extremes, and as you can see from my avi, I never lift weights, I just sit on the couch and chill, popcorn and coca cola all day, some movies, you know living the good life. Read the edit. I will expand further to take some of the thinking out of it. Have some of the squat/deadlift fanatics on here of which I used to be ever thought of cycling their programs, i.e. not squatting for a while or doing 20 rep squat type of rep schemes, or doing variations for periods of time. There are many ways to go about allowing your body to adapt and grow in the most healthy and efficient manner.
    "I know that I am intelligent, because I know that I know nothing." -Socrates

Everything I post is my opinion based on a relatively respectable education and a good amount of time in the weight room. If we disagree, so be it, let's have some intelligent debate.

I rep back.

RugbyTank is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) RugbyTank is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) RugbyTank is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) RugbyTank is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) RugbyTank is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) RugbyTank is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) RugbyTank is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) RugbyTank is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) RugbyTank is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) RugbyTank is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) RugbyTank is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)

Yes but alot of those people were using to let them get past their genetic potential.
    Seek truth and reason

racketteer is just really nice. (+1000) racketteer is just really nice. (+1000) racketteer is just really nice. (+1000) racketteer is just really nice. (+1000) racketteer is just really nice. (+1000) racketteer is just really nice. (+1000) racketteer is just really nice. (+1000) racketteer is just really nice. (+1000) racketteer is just really nice. (+1000) racketteer is just really nice. (+1000) racketteer is just really nice. (+1000)
    Yeah, thats what I'm wondering. The stress on the body over time just seems like it would keep adding up even with proper form. I realize most of us aren't going to be lifting at the same volume and intensity as Lou but I doubt form was an issue with him.....
    you probably won't have anything to worry about unless you get into serious powerlifting or upper level bodybuilding. you can build a ton of size using relatively heavy weight while focusing on tension for 8-25 reps.
    "on the bech press i usually start off with 205 doing it 5 times then once i ad my usual extra 5 pounds on i can barely do it twice. How can i increase my chest cardio? so i can rep heavy weight easier" -dc1992hp

come by and check out my log. I'm racing to a 275x5 bench and 185x3 strict press with comps.
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=141680751

*** MISC Strength Crew ***

Well no one is saying that, but I'm just wondering for someone like myself who is not training to be a competitive lifter but still loves doing squats/deadlifts, etc.

Did SS/TM for about 1.5 years (squatting 3x per week) and now doing 5/3/1 for awhile. just wondering if maybe I should switch it up at some point...

Retoaded has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Retoaded has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Retoaded has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Retoaded has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Retoaded has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Retoaded has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Retoaded has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Retoaded has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Retoaded has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Retoaded has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Retoaded has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    dat dere sauce

ThickAsABrick has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ThickAsABrick has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ThickAsABrick has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ThickAsABrick has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ThickAsABrick has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ThickAsABrick has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ThickAsABrick has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ThickAsABrick has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ThickAsABrick has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ThickAsABrick has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ThickAsABrick has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    There's definitely risk of injury, just like with any physical activity. Also, there's probably no way to know for certain, but lifting may also help some people avoid certain injuries as well.

This is why its important to listen to your body and be smart about training. Sometimes that means avoiding certain exercises for a spell, going lighter, reducing volume, taking time off, etc. You can minimize the risk this way.
    Who was this love of yours?

Originally Posted by ThickAsABrick View Post
    There's definitely risk of injury, just like with any physical activity. Also, there's probably no way to know for certain, but lifting may also help some people avoid certain injuries as well.

This is why its important to listen to your body and be smart about training. Sometimes that means avoiding certain exercises for a spell, going lighter, reducing volume, taking time off, etc. You can minimize the risk this way.
    Solid advice right there

ahh the fun of living in extremes, and as you can see from my avi, I never lift weights, I just sit on the couch and chill, popcorn and coca cola all day, some movies, you know living the good life. Read the edit. I will expand further to take some of the thinking out of it. Have some of the squat/deadlift fanatics on here of which I used to be ever thought of cycling their programs, i.e. not squatting for a while or doing 20 rep squat type of rep schemes, or doing variations for periods of time. There are many ways to go about allowing your body to adapt and grow in the most healthy and efficient manner.
    I really fail to see what you are saying. You think cycling programs is going to prevent joint injuries from squatting? That's not going to help anything if you continue to squat with sh*t form. You could squat the same style for the same rep/set scheme your entire life and have very healthy joints. What matters is not squatting like a moron and listening to your body. Train smart and you'll be fine.

You also can't compare the average lifter to the highest level power lifters, weight lifters, athletes, etc...Most professional athletes will have several surgeries in their career. They push their bodies further than any of us can really understand.

Registered User RockVersusPaper's Avatar
    RockVersusPaper is on a distinguished road. (+10) RockVersusPaper is on a distinguished road. (+10) RockVersusPaper is on a distinguished road. (+10) RockVersusPaper is on a distinguished road. (+10) RockVersusPaper is on a distinguished road. (+10) RockVersusPaper is on a distinguished road. (+10) RockVersusPaper is on a distinguished road. (+10) RockVersusPaper is on a distinguished road. (+10) RockVersusPaper is on a distinguished road. (+10) RockVersusPaper is on a distinguished road. (+10) RockVersusPaper is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    First of all, I love to squat, but I can understand the concern with the long-term effects of squatting "heavy". I put heavy in parentheses because we have a skewed view of what heavy is. The thing is, as much as we love the squat cause it's old school, free weight, not a machine, etc., it's still artificial because of the rack. The rack allows you to lift weight that you may not be intended to, because you didn't actually pick that weight up (you grabbed it from an already elevated position).

All I'm trying to say is, in true old school/caveman times, a person would only squat a weight that they could pick up off the ground, overhead press, then place on their back. This would obviously limit how much one could squat. But if you apply this principal over time, you would never have upper/lower imbalances and would thus be less susceptible to injury.

That being said, I will continue to squat off the rack.
    I'm a really positive person, I guess you could say I'm a total optometrist.

muscleman353 is on a distinguished road. (+10) muscleman353 is on a distinguished road. (+10) muscleman353 is on a distinguished road. (+10) muscleman353 is on a distinguished road. (+10) muscleman353 is on a distinguished road. (+10) muscleman353 is on a distinguished road. (+10) muscleman353 is on a distinguished road. (+10) muscleman353 is on a distinguished road. (+10) muscleman353 is on a distinguished road. (+10) muscleman353 is on a distinguished road. (+10) muscleman353 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by racketteer View Post
    it depends on the person and how far they take the lifting. I also can't imagine holding 280+ pounds in contest condition did him any good over the years. that is a lot of weight for the human body to hold.
    and anything below 400 pounds on the squat is not even impressive lol

ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz
    Sure, if you have some medical condition, use crap form, don't eat/rest adequately, or any comnbination of any of them.

For that matter, any of these issues can screw you up early in life as well.

I've been Squatting and Deadlifting for a long time, longer than some of the naysayers ITT have been alive. And I'm just an average guy; nothing special about me at all other than the fact that I never compromise my training by using poor form. I also eat and rest adequately along with using scheduled deloads. And there are a lot of guys just like me, posting long-running journals in the O35 'workout journals' forum.

As far as weight training and aging goes, this old saying still applies, "Use it or lose it." Also, "No brain, No gain."
    No brain, no gain.

"The fitness and nutrition world is a breeding ground for obsessive-compulsive behavior. The irony is that many of the things people worry about have no impact on results either way, and therefore aren't worth an ounce of concern."--Alan Aragon

Where the mind goes, the body follows.

Ironwill Gym:
    https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showpost.php?p=629719403&postcount=3388

Ironwill2008 Journal:
    https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=157459343&p=1145168733

Strength Enthusiast Retardo-pex's Avatar
    Retardo-pex is a name known to all. (+5000) Retardo-pex is a name known to all. (+5000) Retardo-pex is a name known to all. (+5000) Retardo-pex is a name known to all. (+5000) Retardo-pex is a name known to all. (+5000) Retardo-pex is a name known to all. (+5000) Retardo-pex is a name known to all. (+5000) Retardo-pex is a name known to all. (+5000) Retardo-pex is a name known to all. (+5000) Retardo-pex is a name known to all. (+5000) Retardo-pex is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Just watched celebrity apprentice the other night cause Lou Ferrigno is on there and they were talking about how he had 2 knee replacements and 2 hip replacements. ****. . I don't wanna have to do that when I get old.

At the same time people who never lift a weight outside of grocery bgs in thier entire life also get double hip/knee replacements.

I'm only about 10 years deep but my back/hips/knees are all doing fine so far :P

renferos will become famous soon enough. (+50) renferos will become famous soon enough. (+50) renferos will become famous soon enough. (+50) renferos will become famous soon enough. (+50) renferos will become famous soon enough. (+50) renferos will become famous soon enough. (+50) renferos will become famous soon enough. (+50) renferos will become famous soon enough. (+50) renferos will become famous soon enough. (+50) renferos will become famous soon enough. (+50) renferos will become famous soon enough. (+50)

Our boy lou also chemically altered his body via steroids and you don't need a Phd in biochemistry to know that your statement is completely invalidated. How can you compare any natural lifter to a greasy ogre who ate cocktail after cocktail of drugs. I mean hell let us do an experiment where subject A stands in front of a source of radiation. At the end of the X time interval subject A's face melted off, therefore we can conclude everyone's face will melt off like subject A regardless of radiation or not.

JamesPhoenix will become famous soon enough. (+50) JamesPhoenix will become famous soon enough. (+50) JamesPhoenix will become famous soon enough. (+50) JamesPhoenix will become famous soon enough. (+50) JamesPhoenix will become famous soon enough. (+50) JamesPhoenix will become famous soon enough. (+50) JamesPhoenix will become famous soon enough. (+50) JamesPhoenix will become famous soon enough. (+50) JamesPhoenix will become famous soon enough. (+50) JamesPhoenix will become famous soon enough. (+50) JamesPhoenix will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I don't know, though I would agree that having bad form and continuing to lift for long periods of time could do it. I'd be more prone to think that his overall size, combined with the fact that a lot of older people need joint replacement, is to blame for this one example.
    "Limitations are for people that have them. Excuses are for people that need them."

BombDonald has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BombDonald has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BombDonald has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BombDonald has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BombDonald has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BombDonald has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BombDonald has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BombDonald has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BombDonald has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BombDonald has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BombDonald has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I'd estimate I have squatted around 400 times since fall of 2009 (when I really started squatting) and have no physical issues from squatting. I credit that to having good form and not training like an idiot.

CookAndrewB is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) CookAndrewB is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) CookAndrewB is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) CookAndrewB is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) CookAndrewB is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) CookAndrewB is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) CookAndrewB is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) CookAndrewB is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) CookAndrewB is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) CookAndrewB is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) CookAndrewB is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    I've been training for over 20 years now and I've had knee problems that squatting CORRECTLY actually fixed.

... Just thought I would throw that out there
    GoRuck Challenge Journal: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=150446113

"No one could make a greater mistake than he who did nothing because he could do only a little." -Edmund Burke

"Because your own strength is unequal to the task, do not assume that it is beyond the powers of man; but if anything is within the powers and province of man, believe that it is within your own compass also." -Marcus Aurelius

Benhouse89 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Benhouse89 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Benhouse89 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Benhouse89 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Benhouse89 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Benhouse89 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Benhouse89 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Benhouse89 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Benhouse89 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Benhouse89 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Benhouse89 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    ^this.
    Yeah, I'm new...

keys_10 is just really nice. (+1000) keys_10 is just really nice. (+1000) keys_10 is just really nice. (+1000) keys_10 is just really nice. (+1000) keys_10 is just really nice. (+1000) keys_10 is just really nice. (+1000) keys_10 is just really nice. (+1000) keys_10 is just really nice. (+1000) keys_10 is just really nice. (+1000) keys_10 is just really nice. (+1000) keys_10 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Long term effect of squatting = Massive legs

Sorry couldn't resist!

Jack3dSparrow has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Jack3dSparrow has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Jack3dSparrow has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Jack3dSparrow has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Jack3dSparrow has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Jack3dSparrow has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Jack3dSparrow has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Jack3dSparrow has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Jack3dSparrow has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Jack3dSparrow has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Jack3dSparrow has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Originally Posted by BombDonald View Post
    I'd estimate I have squatted around 400 times since fall of 2009 (when I really started squatting) and have no physical issues from squatting. I credit that to having good form and not training like an idiot.
    You are 24 years old. How about when you are 54?

danow has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) danow has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) danow has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) danow has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Bicycles are serious $hit. Ride as often and as long as he did and your bound to have some tendon and cartilage issues. At least he's still living.
    Misc Scotch Crew
    PSMF/RFL log http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=145426961&p=894201021#post894201021

BombDonald has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BombDonald has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BombDonald has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BombDonald has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BombDonald has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BombDonald has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BombDonald has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BombDonald has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BombDonald has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BombDonald has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BombDonald has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by Jack3dSparrow View Post
    You are 24 years old. How about when you are 54?
    Yes. The point being that I have squatted very heavy and very often for years now while remaining healthy is a good indicator that things are going well.

I know a handful of masters powerlifters and they would preach the same thing. Take care of your body and keep your form good. One of the powerlifers in MN is in his 60s and squats close to 400 at 181 lbs. He is in great shape because he takes care of himself, and can move around very well (better than most guys his age) despite squatting for years.

meatballs3000 is on a distinguished road. (+10) meatballs3000 is on a distinguished road. (+10) meatballs3000 is on a distinguished road. (+10) meatballs3000 is on a distinguished road. (+10) meatballs3000 is on a distinguished road. (+10) meatballs3000 is on a distinguished road. (+10) meatballs3000 is on a distinguished road. (+10) meatballs3000 is on a distinguished road. (+10) meatballs3000 is on a distinguished road. (+10) meatballs3000 is on a distinguished road. (+10) meatballs3000 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Humans were built to walk through mountains and forests all day, throwing spears and climbing trees. Anything other than that, whether its sitting down watching tv all day, or lifting weights in weird unnatural motions, will increase your risk of joint issues.

Jack3dSparrow has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Jack3dSparrow has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Jack3dSparrow has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Jack3dSparrow has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Jack3dSparrow has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Jack3dSparrow has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Jack3dSparrow has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Jack3dSparrow has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Jack3dSparrow has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Jack3dSparrow has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Jack3dSparrow has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Originally Posted by BombDonald View Post
    Yes. The point being that I have squatted very heavy and very often for years now while remaining healthy is a good indicator that things are going well.

I know a handful of masters powerlifters and they would preach the same thing. Take care of your body and keep your form good. One of the powerlifers in MN is in his 60s and squats close to 400 at 181 lbs. He is in great shape because he takes care of himself, and can move around very well (better than most guys his age) despite squatting for years.
    Donald with all due respect again I am pointing out:

1. You are 24. Yes you may have squatted for some years now, but spinal disc degeneration occurs later in life.

2. You are 5ft 8inches tall. You are practically built for squatting. I am 6ft 1.....I get butt wink at the bottom and I lean forward more than you can imagine when I am coming out the hole with a barbell on my upper back. It sucks to squat, and is dangerous, if you are a taller athlete.