Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    sFunk is a name known to all. (+5000) sFunk is a name known to all. (+5000) sFunk is a name known to all. (+5000) sFunk is a name known to all. (+5000) sFunk is a name known to all. (+5000) sFunk is a name known to all. (+5000) sFunk is a name known to all. (+5000) sFunk is a name known to all. (+5000) sFunk is a name known to all. (+5000) sFunk is a name known to all. (+5000) sFunk is a name known to all. (+5000)

Come play Tribes Ascend for FREE! FPS Brahs GTFIH!

Ok Brahs listen up!

What is Tribes Ascend?

Tribes: Ascend is a fast-paced multi-player first person shooter with jetpacks, skiing, vehicles, classes, and customizable weapon unlocks and upgrades. There are quite a few classes that each have different load outs of weapons, armor, and utilities that you can use in the game. Light, Medium, and Heavy armor classes all play very differently and provide varying amounts of protection but at the cost of movement speed. There are many different classes such as Technician which is a defensive based class with a turret and an increased ability to repair base defenses, Sentinal which is a light armored sniper type class, Jumper which is more of a flag runner with increased jetpack ability, Doombringer which is a very heavily armored with a big ass minigun and heat seeking rocket launcher. There are many many more classes as well, each with their own unique loadout of weapons/armor/utility items. You also earn class XP which you can spend to unlock "Perks" that give you a multitude of benefits from more grenades, increased jetpack use, etc etc.

How much does it cost?
    Tribes Ascend is FREE to play with the option of purchasing gold in order to unlock classes faster. There is NO NEED to purchase anything as you can earn currency through playing in-game to unlock the classes as you like, but obviously if you don't want to earn the currency in game you can spend a little bit of money ($9.99 all the way up to $49.99 for a ton of currency) to unlock classes straight away. This is one of the best Free to Play games I have ever played and if it were a normal retail game I would have no problem spending money up-front for it.

How do I sign up?
    You can sign up through my link here: https://account.hirezstudios.com/tri...referral=79240 (Full Disclosure: it is a referral link that nets me a little bit of XP in-game. If you don't want to use my link you can sign up Here)

Get 250 gold in-game free by liking their page and authorizing their Tribes app here: https://www.********.com/tribesascen...43129555807414

What are the minimum and recommended system requirements for Tribes: Ascend?
    Code:
    Minimum system requirements:
    Processor: Core 2 Duo 2.4 GHz or Althon X2 2.7 GHz
    RAM: 2GB (XP), 3GB (Vista, Win7)
    Graphic card: ATI or Nvidia graphics card with 512MB video ram or better and Shader Model 3.0+ support. (ATI Radeon 3870 or higher, Nvidia GeForce 8800 GT or higher).
    Sound card: DirectX compatible sound card
    Hard drive: 10 GB free

Recommended system requirements 
    Processor: Quad-core Intel or AMD CPU
    RAM: 4GB
    Graphics card: ATI or Nvidia graphics card with 1GB video ram or better and Shader Model 3.0+ support (Nvidia GeForce GTX 560+ or ATI Radeon 6950+).
    Sound card: DirectX compatible sound card
    Hard drive: 10 GB free
    Miscers currently playing
    Let me know if you want to be added to the list!
    Code:
    Xyzzy
    Acesopro
    Coolhandsluke
    karikaru
    jtraininsane
    shreddedrocks
    Envy 
    Euphorikxxx 
    Oxyg3n 
    PLZGO
    JayJay665
    terzter 
    blaqsaqattaq
    WaterFoot
    kuntkunt
    seaLere
    Bossman
    Christaras9
    Layne87
    Here are some screenshots, the game is beautiful:

If you have any questions, ask them here and I will try to answer all of them!
    Last edited by sFunk; 03-31-2012 at 08:06 AM.
    "ohhhh, ok thanks. i thought it meant PIInuTButter since this is a body building website." - GuhleeMonAhnuld

SomeRandomName is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SomeRandomName is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SomeRandomName is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SomeRandomName is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SomeRandomName is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SomeRandomName is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SomeRandomName is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SomeRandomName is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SomeRandomName is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SomeRandomName is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SomeRandomName is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    lmao that first screenshot is not TA

Also, I semi-quit because I kept on being #1 in whatever game I was in, was boring

sFunk is a name known to all. (+5000) sFunk is a name known to all. (+5000) sFunk is a name known to all. (+5000) sFunk is a name known to all. (+5000) sFunk is a name known to all. (+5000) sFunk is a name known to all. (+5000) sFunk is a name known to all. (+5000) sFunk is a name known to all. (+5000) sFunk is a name known to all. (+5000) sFunk is a name known to all. (+5000) sFunk is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Thanks for the quality control, brah.

It's still a good game, even if you are the best Tribes Ascend player ever.
    "ohhhh, ok thanks. i thought it meant PIInuTButter since this is a body building website." - GuhleeMonAhnuld

Acesopro is a name known to all. (+5000) Acesopro is a name known to all. (+5000) Acesopro is a name known to all. (+5000) Acesopro is a name known to all. (+5000) Acesopro is a name known to all. (+5000) Acesopro is a name known to all. (+5000) Acesopro is a name known to all. (+5000) Acesopro is a name known to all. (+5000) Acesopro is a name known to all. (+5000) Acesopro is a name known to all. (+5000) Acesopro is a name known to all. (+5000)
    I play this everyday. Love it.

VGTT

Coolhandsluke has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Coolhandsluke has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Coolhandsluke has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Coolhandsluke has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Coolhandsluke has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Coolhandsluke has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Coolhandsluke has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Coolhandsluke has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Coolhandsluke has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Coolhandsluke has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Coolhandsluke has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    How has the gameplay changed? I stopped playing about 2 weeks after they got rid of the hitscan weapons and switched to all projectile loved it just got caught up with bf3.

PM me some vent/ts/whatever info and I will log in and play with you fools
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    If it flies, floats or ****s you're better off renting.
    Veteran Crew
    MFC

Acesopro is a name known to all. (+5000) Acesopro is a name known to all. (+5000) Acesopro is a name known to all. (+5000) Acesopro is a name known to all. (+5000) Acesopro is a name known to all. (+5000) Acesopro is a name known to all. (+5000) Acesopro is a name known to all. (+5000) Acesopro is a name known to all. (+5000) Acesopro is a name known to all. (+5000) Acesopro is a name known to all. (+5000) Acesopro is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Add "Acesopro" that's my ingame name and I will wreck you.

They just released a new patch that gives Infiltrators new ****

Coolhandsluke has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Coolhandsluke has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Coolhandsluke has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Coolhandsluke has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Coolhandsluke has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Coolhandsluke has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Coolhandsluke has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Coolhandsluke has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Coolhandsluke has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Coolhandsluke has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Coolhandsluke has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by Acesopro View Post
    Add "Acesopro" that's my ingame name and I will wreck you.
    Probably will have not played in over a dozen patches probably, they still patching once a week?
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    Veteran Crew
    MFC

No struggle, No progress niiick's Avatar
    niiick is just really nice. (+1000) niiick is just really nice. (+1000) niiick is just really nice. (+1000) niiick is just really nice. (+1000) niiick is just really nice. (+1000) niiick is just really nice. (+1000) niiick is just really nice. (+1000) niiick is just really nice. (+1000) niiick is just really nice. (+1000) niiick is just really nice. (+1000) niiick is just really nice. (+1000)
    brb No Tribes will ever be what Tribes 1 was.

Shazbot!

SomeRandomName is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SomeRandomName is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SomeRandomName is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SomeRandomName is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SomeRandomName is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SomeRandomName is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SomeRandomName is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SomeRandomName is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SomeRandomName is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SomeRandomName is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SomeRandomName is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by Coolhandsluke View Post
    Probably will have not played in over a dozen patches probably, they still patching once a week?
    Like once or twice a month. There's still a decent amount of balance issues, and the physics are all ****ed up still, but it's a good game. All the patches have been a net improvement.

Originally Posted by niiick View Post
    brb No Tribes will ever be what Tribes 1 was.

Shazbot!
    This is truth but it is still a fun game.

Edit: Add me too same username brahs
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    Veteran Crew
    MFC

I really like the change after they removed hitscan weapons. It adds a bit more skill when you have to lead even with the machine gun type weapons. It's a blast, and while they still have some issues--it's either free or cheap and you will be able to put a lot of hours in unlocking stuff and having fun.

I'm Xyzzy in the game (old text adventure name....) hit me up

johnnyk38 will become famous soon enough. (+50) johnnyk38 will become famous soon enough. (+50) johnnyk38 will become famous soon enough. (+50) johnnyk38 will become famous soon enough. (+50) johnnyk38 will become famous soon enough. (+50) johnnyk38 will become famous soon enough. (+50) johnnyk38 will become famous soon enough. (+50) johnnyk38 will become famous soon enough. (+50) johnnyk38 will become famous soon enough. (+50) johnnyk38 will become famous soon enough. (+50) johnnyk38 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    looks kind of like quake + halo combined

ICFootball62 is just really nice. (+1000) ICFootball62 is just really nice. (+1000) ICFootball62 is just really nice. (+1000) ICFootball62 is just really nice. (+1000) ICFootball62 is just really nice. (+1000) ICFootball62 is just really nice. (+1000) ICFootball62 is just really nice. (+1000) ICFootball62 is just really nice. (+1000) ICFootball62 is just really nice. (+1000) ICFootball62 is just really nice. (+1000) ICFootball62 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by sFunk View Post
    Ok Brahs listen up!

What is Tribes Ascend?
    Skip to about 12 Minutes for some gameplay footage if you don't want a straight introduction to everything. Sorry for TB, not many good gameplay vids out there yet.

Tribes: Ascend is a fast-paced multi-player first person shooter with jetpacks, skiing, vehicles, classes, and customizable weapon unlocks and upgrades. There are quite a few classes that each have different load outs of weapons, armor, and utilities that you can use in the game. Light, Medium, and Heavy armor classes all play very differently and provide varying amounts of protection but at the cost of movement speed. There are many different classes such as Technician which is a defensive based class with a turret and an increased ability to repair base defenses, Sentinal which is a light armored sniper type class, Jumper which is more of a flag runner with increased jetpack ability, Doombringer which is a very heavily armored with a big ass minigun and heat seeking rocket launcher. There are many many more classes as well, each with their own unique loadout of weapons/armor/utility items. You also earn class XP which you can spend to unlock "Perks" that give you a multitude of benefits from more grenades, increased jetpack use, etc etc.
    Looks cool brah, joined up!
    Misc Lawyer Crew
    300 Spartan Crew, #22
    MISC DOG CREW

"A good plan violently executed now is better than a perfect plan executed next week." - General George S. Patton

Taiwanese American Brah wildabeest's Avatar
    wildabeest is a name known to all. (+5000) wildabeest is a name known to all. (+5000) wildabeest is a name known to all. (+5000) wildabeest is a name known to all. (+5000) wildabeest is a name known to all. (+5000) wildabeest is a name known to all. (+5000) wildabeest is a name known to all. (+5000) wildabeest is a name known to all. (+5000) wildabeest is a name known to all. (+5000) wildabeest is a name known to all. (+5000) wildabeest is a name known to all. (+5000)
    gotta go fast
    1 year band camp survivor

Misc Firearms Crew
    EM PGY1

First powerlifting meet: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rz1eEy9RaAA
    Squat: 468, Bench: 292, Dead: 500

Originally Posted by johnnyk38 View Post
    looks kind of like quake + halo combined
    Yeah it definitely is a little bit. It's got the super fast speed of quake and vehicles and some of the looks of Halo.

Originally Posted by ICFootball62 View Post
    Looks cool brah, joined up!
    Awesome, hit up Xyzzy in game if you see me or want someone to ball with.

Quibble is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Quibble is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Quibble is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Quibble is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Quibble is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Quibble is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Quibble is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Quibble is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Quibble is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Quibble is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Quibble is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    awwww shieeet I remember the original tribes...fun times

SHAZBOT!
    Control the coinage and the courts — let the rabble have the rest.

To be negged:
    # of times:

To be repped:
    # of times:

im12watisthis is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) im12watisthis is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) im12watisthis is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) im12watisthis is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) im12watisthis is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) im12watisthis is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) im12watisthis is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) im12watisthis is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) im12watisthis is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) im12watisthis is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) im12watisthis is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    playing, character/account name is "karikaru"

R_A_M_R_0_D is just really nice. (+1000) R_A_M_R_0_D is just really nice. (+1000) R_A_M_R_0_D is just really nice. (+1000) R_A_M_R_0_D is just really nice. (+1000) R_A_M_R_0_D is just really nice. (+1000) R_A_M_R_0_D is just really nice. (+1000) R_A_M_R_0_D is just really nice. (+1000) R_A_M_R_0_D is just really nice. (+1000) R_A_M_R_0_D is just really nice. (+1000) R_A_M_R_0_D is just really nice. (+1000) R_A_M_R_0_D is just really nice. (+1000)
    was studying for MCAT, figured I'd better take a break and play some tribes

names jtraininsane

Bump for the evening misc crew

IllPhill is a name known to all. (+5000) IllPhill is a name known to all. (+5000) IllPhill is a name known to all. (+5000) IllPhill is a name known to all. (+5000) IllPhill is a name known to all. (+5000) IllPhill is a name known to all. (+5000) IllPhill is a name known to all. (+5000) IllPhill is a name known to all. (+5000) IllPhill is a name known to all. (+5000) IllPhill is a name known to all. (+5000) IllPhill is a name known to all. (+5000)
    signed up with your ref link OP, dling NAOOOO with my chitty dsl internet

Originally Posted by IllPhill View Post
    signed up with your ref link OP, dling NAOOOO with my chitty dsl internet
    Awesome, thanks for the XP! Add Xyzzy as a friend once you get in!

-MarkX- is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) -MarkX- is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) -MarkX- is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) -MarkX- is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) -MarkX- is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) -MarkX- is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) -MarkX- is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) -MarkX- is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) -MarkX- is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) -MarkX- is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) -MarkX- is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Played it for 2 days, stopped when I realized how slow XP rate was and didn't want to spend $100 to get 3-4 upgrades.
    ** KNEE DRAGGERS UNITE **

ShreddedRocks is not very well liked. (-100) ShreddedRocks is not very well liked. (-100) ShreddedRocks is not very well liked. (-100) ShreddedRocks is not very well liked. (-100) ShreddedRocks is not very well liked. (-100) ShreddedRocks is not very well liked. (-100) ShreddedRocks is not very well liked. (-100) ShreddedRocks is not very well liked. (-100) ShreddedRocks is not very well liked. (-100) ShreddedRocks is not very well liked. (-100) ShreddedRocks is not very well liked. (-100)
    in. patching a little slow.
    my name is shreddedrocks
    **vomits when cashier asks if i want cash back crew**
    **tried going gay because i couldn't get girls Crew**
    **couldn't get guys either crew**
    **cat is the only one that accepts me crew**
    **obsess over girls at first contact crew**
    **young children cry at the sight of me crew**
    **goes grocery shopping at 3am to limit human interaction crew**
    **Negged Team Pun, he negged back crew**

B; 195x5x5
    S; 285x5x5
    D 395x5

Originally Posted by -MarkX- View Post
    Played it for 2 days, stopped when I realized how slow XP rate was and didn't want to spend $100 to get 3-4 upgrades.
    The gold buy isn't that bad. With the middle gold buy ($29.99) you can unlock probably all the classes and buy a lot of weapons for the classes you actually end up wanting to play a lot.

You can get 250 Gold in-game by liking Tribes Ascend on ******** and allowing their app on your profile here: https://www.********.com/tribesascen...43129555807414

colorblind987 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) colorblind987 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) colorblind987 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) colorblind987 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) colorblind987 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) colorblind987 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) colorblind987 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) colorblind987 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) colorblind987 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) colorblind987 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) colorblind987 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    I was an avid Tribes 1 fan...and honestly that puts it rather lightly. I have never had a game dominate the sphere of my daily routine quite the way that Tribes 1 did. I've never been a big video game dude but Tribes 1 was the most immaculate game I have ever played in my life. The game play, the ability to modify the game, the community and communities within the community that comprised each mod truly made the game a masterpiece. I checked some stuff out about Tribes Ascend back in November but honestly it didn't look very appealing compared to the original. Wheres the ability for modifications?? Sadly it just looks that I will attempt to play it, nostalgia hard and consequently wish that I was 14 again playing tribes until 3 in the morning and checking my kills per minute on Theclq.com

But...is it any good?? Hows is gameplay for any tribesplayers that played mods like Shifter, Ultra Ren, Anni?

I never played any of those mods you mentioned, but yes that is one downside to this game, I don't think there will be any modding ability as far as I can see as they control the servers.

The skiing and the weapons feel really Tribesy, so I think you should have fun at least DM'ing or CTF'ing a while

eNvyExile is a jewel in the rough. (+500) eNvyExile is a jewel in the rough. (+500) eNvyExile is a jewel in the rough. (+500) eNvyExile is a jewel in the rough. (+500) eNvyExile is a jewel in the rough. (+500) eNvyExile is a jewel in the rough. (+500) eNvyExile is a jewel in the rough. (+500) eNvyExile is a jewel in the rough. (+500) eNvyExile is a jewel in the rough. (+500) eNvyExile is a jewel in the rough. (+500) eNvyExile is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Was a hardcore Tribes player. Started with Tribes 1, then went super hardcore in Tribes 2 (Mainly Arena, competed in TWL and lead a top clan), skipped the ****ty Tribes Vengeance. Bought VIP for TA as soon as it was announced (played global agenda and same company made TA). Was a huge disappointment, havent played in a while but Arena was pretty much just Team Deathmatch. only 2 weapons sucks ass. Overall not a bad game but doesnt live up to the Tribes IP.

name is Envy in game though
    I Rep Back