DSee has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Go Away Carb Craving!!!

Hello,

I've been on and off Keto for a while now... (Started again last Sunday)

I've made a big mistake today (without even realizing it)...
    I ran out of Splenda, so I used sugar to make my morning coffee... guess what? It probably kicked me out of Ketosis, and now I'm CRAVING for carbs...

What to do? Order Pizza and just do a carb up?

DustyChicago will become famous soon enough. (+50) DustyChicago will become famous soon enough. (+50) DustyChicago will become famous soon enough. (+50) DustyChicago will become famous soon enough. (+50) DustyChicago will become famous soon enough. (+50) DustyChicago will become famous soon enough. (+50) DustyChicago will become famous soon enough. (+50) DustyChicago will become famous soon enough. (+50) DustyChicago will become famous soon enough. (+50) DustyChicago will become famous soon enough. (+50) DustyChicago will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Wait 2 weeks and carb up
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?p=608052853&posted=1#post608052853

BEARS, CUBS, BULLS, HAWKS, SOX, MMA

Originally Posted by DustyChicago View Post
    Wait 2 weeks and carb up
    What should I do to get rid of these cravings?????????
    i feel like a drug addict.. My drug = carbs!!!

BigDakota has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BigDakota has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BigDakota has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BigDakota has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BigDakota has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BigDakota has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BigDakota has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BigDakota has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BigDakota has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BigDakota has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BigDakota has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    start chugging some water, maybe have a coffee with some heavy cream and splenda i guess haha.
    "Yes, there is icing on the cake, but the icing on the cake is the cake itself"

Motivation for the day

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=142518611

Originally Posted by BigDakota View Post
    start chugging some water, maybe have a coffee with some heavy cream and splenda i guess haha.
    Sorry, couldn't resist and ate a lot of carbs ;/

Lesson of the day: Watch for everything you eat. Even 2 spoons of sugar can be enough to give you enough cravings that could jeopardize your Keto progress.

BigDakota has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BigDakota has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BigDakota has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BigDakota has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BigDakota has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BigDakota has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BigDakota has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BigDakota has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BigDakota has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BigDakota has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BigDakota has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by DSee View Post
    Sorry, couldn't resist and ate a lot of carbs ;/

Lesson of the day: Watch for everything you eat. Even 2 spoons of sugar can be enough to give you enough cravings that could jeopardize your Keto progress.
    even if it kicked you out of ketosis one workout or fasting for the rest of the day would have got you back. take control of the cravings! lol
    "Yes, there is icing on the cake, but the icing on the cake is the cake itself"

Motivation for the day

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=142518611

rusrious will become famous soon enough. (+50) rusrious will become famous soon enough. (+50) rusrious will become famous soon enough. (+50) rusrious will become famous soon enough. (+50) rusrious will become famous soon enough. (+50) rusrious will become famous soon enough. (+50) rusrious will become famous soon enough. (+50) rusrious will become famous soon enough. (+50) rusrious will become famous soon enough. (+50) rusrious will become famous soon enough. (+50) rusrious will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Yeah man, dont just throw crap on the wall, you should of just did a 20 minute HTT session, punish yourself for those things,..

It takes time tho to, just dont give in, a mess up, and just being silly are 2 differant things..

Good luck bud,

You never go full Ketard cbeastwood's Avatar
    cbeastwood is on a distinguished road. (+10) cbeastwood is on a distinguished road. (+10) cbeastwood is on a distinguished road. (+10) cbeastwood is on a distinguished road. (+10) cbeastwood is on a distinguished road. (+10) cbeastwood is on a distinguished road. (+10) cbeastwood is on a distinguished road. (+10) cbeastwood is on a distinguished road. (+10) cbeastwood is on a distinguished road. (+10) cbeastwood is on a distinguished road. (+10) cbeastwood is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Think about it this way: worst case scenario, you set your self back a few days. Big deal. Learn from this and make yourself better.

But it is kind of worrying that 20 minutes after you posted you ate a bunch of pizza. Sounds like your mind was already made up.

Don't worry about it though, just move on and start again tomorrow. It's the same thing they tell people trying to beat drugs or booze. Just be sober for today. Just stick to keto today, and worry about tomorrow tomorrow.

Then there's the other school of thought: Just grow a spine and ignore the cravings.

JTA762 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) JTA762 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) JTA762 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    This post seeks approval to justify a cheat. Just calling it as I see it.

Schoonie is on a distinguished road. (+10) Schoonie is on a distinguished road. (+10) Schoonie is on a distinguished road. (+10) Schoonie is on a distinguished road. (+10) Schoonie is on a distinguished road. (+10) Schoonie is on a distinguished road. (+10) Schoonie is on a distinguished road. (+10) Schoonie is on a distinguished road. (+10) Schoonie is on a distinguished road. (+10) Schoonie is on a distinguished road. (+10) Schoonie is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by JTA762 View Post
    This post seeks approval to justify a cheat. Just calling it as I see it.
    agreed.... lack of self-control and discipline.

Everything people said above is right :-D

Yesterday I lacked self-discipline and made a stupid mistake (eat around 2000+ calories of crap).
    I'm starting everything over again today, and now I need to focus on how I'm going to resist something like this in the future

JTA762 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) JTA762 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) JTA762 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    It happens to the best of us.

Just don't make a post:

"Whoop I had two spoonfuls of sugar [probably still in keto by the way], since I ****ed up I'll just **** up some more by ordering pizza. Oh! And I'll ask on a forum just to make sure everyone else would've done the same."

Next time with a small mishap, it's OK keep going. Go for a 20 minute walk and get back on track.

On a major ****-up, wait until the next day until you eat again (if it's in the later part of the day) or get a good workout with squats or deads if it's pre-workout.

brbacquiringthatgap DevouringCRONOS's Avatar
    DevouringCRONOS is just really nice. (+1000) DevouringCRONOS is just really nice. (+1000) DevouringCRONOS is just really nice. (+1000) DevouringCRONOS is just really nice. (+1000) DevouringCRONOS is just really nice. (+1000) DevouringCRONOS is just really nice. (+1000) DevouringCRONOS is just really nice. (+1000) DevouringCRONOS is just really nice. (+1000) DevouringCRONOS is just really nice. (+1000) DevouringCRONOS is just really nice. (+1000) DevouringCRONOS is just really nice. (+1000)
    Chill out and visit the keto recipe forums. Make protein pancakes, brownies, fudge, and a bunch of other stuff.
    And so rock bottom became a solid foundation on which I rebuilt my life.

Average per week: 35 miles ran
    March: -5.9lbs | April: ??? | May: ??? | June: ???

Guess what guys?? Craving came back again (back on Keto for 3 days)... this time I remembered this thread, and was able to resist it!

youtube.com/watch?v=zUoyCwtjhmA

reCreate has a spectacular aura about. (+250) reCreate has a spectacular aura about. (+250) reCreate has a spectacular aura about. (+250) reCreate has a spectacular aura about. (+250) reCreate has a spectacular aura about. (+250) reCreate has a spectacular aura about. (+250) reCreate has a spectacular aura about. (+250) reCreate has a spectacular aura about. (+250) reCreate has a spectacular aura about. (+250) reCreate has a spectacular aura about. (+250) reCreate has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    i dont think this diet's for you - "oh ive had sugar might as well go get a pizza now"
    i can tell from that, you are just gonna end up doing the same again. Its not the worst diet out there
    Above all supplements, the key to success lies in your own willingness

Originally Posted by reCreate View Post
    i dont think this diet's for you - "oh ive had sugar might as well go get a pizza now"
    i can tell from that, you are just gonna end up doing the same again. Its not the worst diet out there
    I think everyone has their weak moments.. I've been on and off Keto for a while now.. Lost around 26lbs..

Edit: Is Keto the right long-term diet solution for ME? Who knows? Maybe not, but I think the 26lbs say something ;D

Originally Posted by DSee View Post
    Guess what guys?? Craving came back again (back on Keto for 3 days)... this time I remembered this thread, and was able to resist it!

youtube.com/watch?v=zUoyCwtjhmA
    Good job man. It's hard, I know.

Once you get past these 2 weeks, in the future, getting into keto (if you stray from it) will be nothing but a peanut compared to your first time.
    Strong people are harder to kill than weak people, and more useful in general - Mark Rippetoe

GOAL:

For my job working with the USFS in Montana I must: be able to carry felled trees, lift boulders, ruck 70# puncheon planks, haul tools over 10 miles along with personal gear, and beat down the camp-invading brown bear. Kidding!

But I do want to be able to run full speed while chasing a bear with a can of pepper spray, screaming obscenities with a hand-rolled cigarette in my mouth.

Lewis_D is on a distinguished road. (+10) Lewis_D is on a distinguished road. (+10) Lewis_D is on a distinguished road. (+10) Lewis_D is on a distinguished road. (+10) Lewis_D is on a distinguished road. (+10) Lewis_D is on a distinguished road. (+10) Lewis_D is on a distinguished road. (+10) Lewis_D is on a distinguished road. (+10) Lewis_D is on a distinguished road. (+10) Lewis_D is on a distinguished road. (+10) Lewis_D is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    DSee....man up. I mean no disrespect, but this thread is getting annoying. Either commit yourself to keto, or don't. You don't need to update us every time you have a craving.

Originally Posted by Lewis_D View Post
    DSee....man up. I mean no disrespect, but this thread is getting annoying. Either commit yourself to keto, or don't. You don't need to update us every time you have a craving.
    LOL. Really?

Edit: I wasn't here "asking for help", I was here more like giving an update so maybe people in same situation (Keto newbies) could get some motivation?
    Last edited by DSee; 03-29-2012 at 10:01 AM.