Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Grip strength

whatevergirl has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) whatevergirl has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) whatevergirl has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) whatevergirl has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) whatevergirl has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) whatevergirl has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) whatevergirl has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) whatevergirl has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) whatevergirl has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) whatevergirl has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) whatevergirl has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)

Grip strength

Just a quick question. Two weeks ago, I had a deadlift PR, of 190 lbs. Pale in comparison to most of you here, but I was happy with it, since I hadn't maxed in quite a while. I had longer, fake fingernails for a time, and attributed the slipping of my grip to them... now they're gone (fake nails)...and my nails are much shorter. I thought that it was the longer nails that caused my grip to slip at times, but not the case. It's not both hands, just my right hand, that I just can't seem to keep firm as I'm lifting heavier. Don't have the issue with the left hand. Same issue when I do shrugs. Frustrating.

Just wondering as I continue to lift heavier, does the 'problem' just correct itself? Or if you've struggled with this, was there anything you did to bring about improvement? TIA for any thoughts/advice you have.

Marius_Ursus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Marius_Ursus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Marius_Ursus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Marius_Ursus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Marius_Ursus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Marius_Ursus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Marius_Ursus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Marius_Ursus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Marius_Ursus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Marius_Ursus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Marius_Ursus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by whatevergirl View Post
    Just a quick question. Two weeks ago, I had a deadlift PR, of 190 lbs. Pale in comparison to most of you here, but I was happy with it, since I hadn't maxed in quite a while. I had longer, fake fingernails for a time, and attributed the slipping of my grip to them... now they're gone (fake nails)...and my nails are much shorter. I thought that it was the longer nails that caused my grip to slip at times, but not the case. It's not both hands, just my right hand, that I just can't seem to keep firm as I'm lifting heavier. Don't have the issue with the left hand. Same issue when I do shrugs. Frustrating.

Just wondering as I continue to lift heavier, does the 'problem' just correct itself? Or if you've struggled with this, was there anything you did to bring about improvement? TIA for any thoughts/advice you have.
    Chalk and a hook grip saved my deadlift. Some advise straps or versagrips, so that's an option for you, too. One time when I forgot to bring my chalk to the gym, I was trying to pull 305, about 20 pounds down from what I'd pulled the week before, and my grip kept giving way. The chalk really does make a difference for me.
    "Blessed be the Lord my rock, who trains my hands for war and my fingers for battle." - Psalm 144:1

Also, taxation is theft.

Getsum has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Getsum has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Getsum has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Getsum has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Getsum has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Getsum has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Getsum has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Getsum has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Getsum has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Getsum has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Getsum has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by Marius_Ursus View Post
    Chalk and a hook grip saved my deadlift. Some advise straps or versagrips, so that's an option for you, too. One time when I forgot to bring my chalk to the gym, I was trying to pull 305, about 20 pounds down from what I'd pulled the week before, and my grip kept giving way. The chalk really does make a difference for me.
    Chalk really helps and your grip will get stronger as well.
    Eat, Sleep, Lift...Repeat!

OV35 Journal: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=388841&page=90

xccellence.com, theironden.com

whatevergirl has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) whatevergirl has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) whatevergirl has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) whatevergirl has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) whatevergirl has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) whatevergirl has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) whatevergirl has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) whatevergirl has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) whatevergirl has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) whatevergirl has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) whatevergirl has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by Marius_Ursus View Post
    There's no chalk at the gym...I hadn't thought of chalk really. And I forgot about straps. I'm starting to feel foolish for asking this question. I'm going to try the chalk, and see if it helps. TY much, Marius!

bigtallox is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bigtallox is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bigtallox is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bigtallox is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bigtallox is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bigtallox is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bigtallox is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bigtallox is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bigtallox is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bigtallox is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bigtallox is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    was there anything you did to bring about improvement?
    Yeah, just work your grip. Deadlifting double overhand without straps is one way to work your grip. You can also do grippers, wrist roller, static holds, but to improve grip strength for deadlifting, deadlifting without any grip assistance ( straps, or mixed grip ) is the best way.
    Qualifying for long drive contest with 328 yard drive
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DKrGuFlqhaA

2017 Utah State Longest drive. This one went 328 and got me into finals
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lx-_3HrZzI4

2017 Rockwell challenge. 325 yards
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VeuB2rPMcBA

trev71 is a name known to all. (+5000) trev71 is a name known to all. (+5000) trev71 is a name known to all. (+5000) trev71 is a name known to all. (+5000) trev71 is a name known to all. (+5000) trev71 is a name known to all. (+5000) trev71 is a name known to all. (+5000) trev71 is a name known to all. (+5000) trev71 is a name known to all. (+5000) trev71 is a name known to all. (+5000) trev71 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    I have a mixed feeling about the whole training grip strength thing.

I mean, I don't target my grip strength specifically on any day/routine. It has, however, increased dramatically over the last few months. And, I swear my grip is getting tested daily, weighted pullups/chinups, deads, bb/db shrugs, hammer curls.. the list goes on...

I'd recommend, if you need grips and/or chaulk to hit higher weights/reps to go ahead and use it.

I'd also recommend NOT using those aids for the sets where you do not need them, and therefore continue to build grip strength. Don't make it a crutch.. if you will.

I continue to watch my grip strength progress..

I picked up some Versa Gripps a few weeks ago, and they are fantastic, comfortable and easy to use.
    --
    Knows a trial lawyer who knows how to defend himself in an online forum.

Home gym 'til I die. ProtienandIron's Avatar
    ProtienandIron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ProtienandIron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ProtienandIron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ProtienandIron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ProtienandIron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ProtienandIron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ProtienandIron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ProtienandIron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ProtienandIron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ProtienandIron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ProtienandIron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Congrats on the PR!

Get yourself a heavy duty gripper or two. www.Ironmind.com make good quality grippers that are sort of the standard. You could probably close a '#1' but get a 'trainer' as well just in case. The grippers are good for convenient overall hands strength but they are just a part of the picture.

Load up a bar very heavy in a power/squat rack, set the bars just below your deadlift lockout, lift, and hold for time.

Theres a lot more you can do for grip as its a huge subject, but these are easy ways you can train it in most gyms.
    My training log:
    ---------------
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=153596291&p=1062453741#post1062453741

[]---[] Equipment Crew #43 []---[]
    -!!!---!!!- No Excuses Homemade Equipment Crew #1 -!!!---!!!-
    ()---() York Barbell Club #4 ()---()

Thanks everyone for your opinions to this.
    Sitting here, it just dawned on me...that I use an underhand grip for the left hand, and overhand for the right. Frankly, that could be the problem right there...the ''weaker'' hand ...I should use the underhand grip. I want to say I have tried that, and it felt awkward ...but next time I do deadlifts, I'll try that. I did them on Sat, for reps, and went up to a mere 130 for 8 reps, and felt my right hand slipping. *argh* Frustrating perhaps, more than anything.

Rowyn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Rowyn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Rowyn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Rowyn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Rowyn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Rowyn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Rowyn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Rowyn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Rowyn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Rowyn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Rowyn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    When I first got back into the gym, my lifting ability surpassed my grip strength pretty quick. I used whatever I needed to use to augment (Versagrips, hooks) until my grip caught up. Which it did by itself from normal training demands with little "extra" work needed.

I use a mixed grip with just a little chalk now. Except for heavy RDLs, I get my hooks out for those.
    "A champion is someone who gets up even when he can't" ---Jack Dempsey

I eat for living, not just lifting.

Originally Posted by Rowyn View Post
    When I first got back into the gym, my lifting ability surpassed my grip strength pretty quick. I used whatever I needed to use to augment (Versagrips, hooks) until my grip caught up. Which it did by itself from normal training demands with little "extra" work needed.

I use a mixed grip with just a little chalk now. Except for heavy RDLs, I get my hooks out for those.
    Thanks much, Rowyn. I am happy to 'report' that I'm finally seeing some nice gains with strength, and you put that very well. It is ''surpassing'' my grip ability. I was hoping it was a long nail thing, but no such luck.

michail71 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) michail71 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) michail71 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) michail71 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) michail71 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) michail71 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) michail71 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) michail71 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) michail71 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) michail71 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) michail71 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    I used to have grip strength problem and tendinitis in my wrists that I really thought would never get better. I think deadlifts were the best thing ever for those problems I had. Now my grip and body seem to have caught up with each other. I think chalk was a big part of that.

However, it will just about always be my left hand grip that gets me on DL failure.

Originally Posted by michail71 View Post
    I used to have grip strength problem and tendinitis in my wrists that I really thought would never get better. I think deadlifts were the best thing ever for those problems I had. Now my grip and body seem to have caught up with each other. I think chalk was a big part of that.

However, it will just about always be my left hand grip that gets me on DL failure.
    really? that's interesting how that worked out.

i appreciate everyone's opinions in here today--thanks much!

Big_Sky_Guy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Big_Sky_Guy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Big_Sky_Guy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Big_Sky_Guy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Big_Sky_Guy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Big_Sky_Guy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Big_Sky_Guy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Big_Sky_Guy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Big_Sky_Guy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Big_Sky_Guy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Big_Sky_Guy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Go double overhand with chalk as high as you can hold, then switch to mixed.

You can also try the hook grip with deads, cleans, snatch.

Pullups, Pendlay Rows, Shrugs, DB Rows, Plate holds/pinch (fairly easy to hold pullups and shrugs to grip fail)

Glad to hear about the strength gains!

MrNismo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MrNismo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MrNismo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MrNismo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MrNismo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MrNismo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MrNismo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MrNismo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MrNismo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MrNismo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MrNismo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Just another chime in for chalk. Last Wednesday I deadlifted and forgot my chalk for the first time ever. The week before I pulled 365 for 5 reps and should have done 370 but had problems gripping at 305 so had to give up. HUGE difference between chalk and no chalk for me.

Our gym doesn't have chalk and really doesn't allow it. I carry it in a ziplock baggy wrapped in a towel so I make no mess at all and clean the bar when I'm done. No one has said anything yet. Chalk is less than $10 here on bb.com for 8 blocks which will last literally years and years if you just use it for deadlifting.

Smelly bull has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Smelly bull has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Smelly bull has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Smelly bull has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Smelly bull has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Smelly bull has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Smelly bull has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Smelly bull has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Smelly bull has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Smelly bull has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Smelly bull has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I just want to chime in and say congratulations for actually deadlifting. I don't see to many guys, let alone women, performing this lift.
    400# Bulgarian bicep curl

bigtallox is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bigtallox is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bigtallox is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bigtallox is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bigtallox is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bigtallox is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bigtallox is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bigtallox is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bigtallox is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bigtallox is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bigtallox is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by Smelly bull View Post
    I just want to chime in and say congratulations for actually deadlifting. I don't see to many guys, let alone women, performing this lift.
    I agree.

Originally Posted by MrNismo View Post
    Our gym doesn't have chalk and really doesn't allow it.
    I used to train with a guy who'd collect the dust on top of all the machines in the gym and use that instead of chalk. Not that I'm suggesting it, but it was his way of dealing with a gym, I mean fitness center, that didn't allow chalk.

appreciate that, sb.
    i didn't care for deadlifts much when i first started. over time, i have grown to consider it a staple in my own routine. i used to have a weak back, and didn't now how much so, until i started deadlifting. interestingly, it's touted a lot in magazines, but i too like you, don't see too many @ the gym doing deadlifts. on here however, different story. the stories are quite inspiring!

latebloomingmom has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) latebloomingmom has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) latebloomingmom has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) latebloomingmom has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) latebloomingmom has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) latebloomingmom has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) latebloomingmom has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) latebloomingmom has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) latebloomingmom has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) latebloomingmom has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) latebloomingmom has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    you just might be looking in the wrong section in here then..just saying!

Originally Posted by latebloomingmom View Post
    lol
    think he meant @ his gym...i too don't see many ...male or female doing them much @ my gym, either. But...on this forum...different ballgame!

my daughter does them, she's only 15...i'm so proud of her.
    (she has a love/hate relationship with deads, however)

latebloomingmom has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) latebloomingmom has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) latebloomingmom has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) latebloomingmom has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) latebloomingmom has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) latebloomingmom has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) latebloomingmom has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) latebloomingmom has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) latebloomingmom has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) latebloomingmom has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) latebloomingmom has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    lol
    think he meant @ his gym...i too don't see many ...male or female doing them much @ my gym, either. But...on this forum...different ballgame!

my daughter does them, she's only 15...i'm so proud of her.
    (she has a love/hate relationship with deads, however)
    you like doing them WEGS? one of my favs..

Smelly bull has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Smelly bull has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Smelly bull has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Smelly bull has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Smelly bull has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Smelly bull has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Smelly bull has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Smelly bull has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Smelly bull has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Smelly bull has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Smelly bull has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by latebloomingmom View Post
    You mean there a other sections than the ov 35 and the big Misc? interesting....
    400# Bulgarian bicep curl

You mean there a other sections than the ov 35 and the big Misc? interesting....
    snicker...I have heard a rumor that this may be true..

wedjim is a name known to all. (+5000) wedjim is a name known to all. (+5000) wedjim is a name known to all. (+5000) wedjim is a name known to all. (+5000) wedjim is a name known to all. (+5000) wedjim is a name known to all. (+5000) wedjim is a name known to all. (+5000) wedjim is a name known to all. (+5000) wedjim is a name known to all. (+5000) wedjim is a name known to all. (+5000) wedjim is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Tried to drop you dead lift reps WEG, but it wouldn't let me, says I have to spread it around first, . They are on spread....

I have grip issues at my working weights also, so I use straps when I go 275 and over and get into my work sets.

Everyone is using different numbers, so they don't matter, but I agree with others that you should do as much as possible without any aids, then use them at the peak weights you use as needed. The focus should be on the work, not your grip.

Happy deads!
    "Where you are now is not important, what matters is where you are headed".

What will be your legacy?

powernpain is just really nice. (+1000) powernpain is just really nice. (+1000) powernpain is just really nice. (+1000) powernpain is just really nice. (+1000) powernpain is just really nice. (+1000) powernpain is just really nice. (+1000) powernpain is just really nice. (+1000) powernpain is just really nice. (+1000) powernpain is just really nice. (+1000) powernpain is just really nice. (+1000) powernpain is just really nice. (+1000)
    Try gripping db by weight side with wide grip, and hold on as long as you can tell you drop.Pull-ups, hang until you drop. Just a couple that come to mind.
    Observe everyone and everything, accept what is useful, discard what is useless, and create essentially what is your own – “Bruce Lee”

michail71 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) michail71 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) michail71 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) michail71 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) michail71 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) michail71 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) michail71 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) michail71 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) michail71 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) michail71 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) michail71 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    really? that's interesting how that worked out.

i appreciate everyone's opinions in here today--thanks much!
    I can't really say when it happened. I just notice one day my grip strength had gotten stronger and the tendinitis in my wrists went away.

My best guess was that it was from deadlifting with the use of chalk.

When I first started lifting I thought the tendinitis in my wrists would get the best of me. Sometimes my hands would be numb and tingle for days. That pain is a distant memory now.

demike has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) demike has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) demike has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) demike has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) demike has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) demike has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) demike has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) demike has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) demike has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) demike has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) demike has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Congrats on your PR wegs, good job. I use a double overhand grip and use chalk or straps if need be. I like rack pulls too so I do those more often. GOod luck!
    Have you done something today to take yourself to the next level?

Always thinking of making $$ crew

Help Others. Be Humble. Life is Great.

Registered User Bladerunner1811's Avatar
    Bladerunner1811 is just really nice. (+1000) Bladerunner1811 is just really nice. (+1000) Bladerunner1811 is just really nice. (+1000) Bladerunner1811 is just really nice. (+1000) Bladerunner1811 is just really nice. (+1000) Bladerunner1811 is just really nice. (+1000) Bladerunner1811 is just really nice. (+1000) Bladerunner1811 is just really nice. (+1000) Bladerunner1811 is just really nice. (+1000) Bladerunner1811 is just really nice. (+1000) Bladerunner1811 is just really nice. (+1000)
    try adding the following into your workouts

1) wristrollers (aim for heavy weight)

2) Pinchgripping

3) Farmers walk
    Barbarism in the natural state of mankind.Civilzation is unnatural.It is the whim of circumstance.And barbarism must always ultimately triumph.

-----Robert E.Howard
    From the Conan tale:

Beyond the Black river

Originally Posted by michail71 View Post
    I can't really say when it happened. I just notice one day my grip strength had gotten stronger and the tendinitis in my wrists went away.

My best guess was that it was from deadlifting with the use of chalk.

When I first started lifting I thought the tendinitis in my wrists would get the best of me. Sometimes my hands would be numb and tingle for days. That pain is a distant memory now.
    glad to hear you're pain free now.

Originally Posted by demike View Post
    Congrats on your PR wegs, good job. I use a double overhand grip and use chalk or straps if need be. I like rack pulls too so I do those more often. GOod luck!
    hai...thanks mike! double overhand is worse. my left hand isn't as bad as the right...but with overhand double grip, they both start slipping. i am going to do the chalk idea...and see how it goes.

Originally Posted by Bladerunner1811 View Post
    try adding the following into your workouts

1) wristrollers (aim for heavy weight)

2) Pinchgripping

3) Farmers walk
    farmers walks...i had done these at the urging of another post here ...not consistently though. i totally forgot about those, and you're right. i bet they might help me out with this. appreciate it.

Registered User Bladerunner1811's Avatar
    Bladerunner1811 is just really nice. (+1000) Bladerunner1811 is just really nice. (+1000) Bladerunner1811 is just really nice. (+1000) Bladerunner1811 is just really nice. (+1000) Bladerunner1811 is just really nice. (+1000) Bladerunner1811 is just really nice. (+1000) Bladerunner1811 is just really nice. (+1000) Bladerunner1811 is just really nice. (+1000) Bladerunner1811 is just really nice. (+1000) Bladerunner1811 is just really nice. (+1000) Bladerunner1811 is just really nice. (+1000)
    glad to hear you're pain free now.

hai...thanks mike! double overhand is worse. my left hand isn't as bad as the right...but with overhand double grip, they both start slipping. i am going to do the chalk idea...and see how it goes.

farmers walks...i had done these at the urging of another post here ...not consistently though. i totally forgot about those, and you're right. i bet they might help me out with this. appreciate it.
    please keep us informed on how your grip strength training goes
    Barbarism in the natural state of mankind.Civilzation is unnatural.It is the whim of circumstance.And barbarism must always ultimately triumph.

-----Robert E.Howard
    From the Conan tale:

Beyond the Black river