Tdubzz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Fat Loss/ Cutting Diet

Hey guys, i was wondering if anyone could help me plan a fat loss diet? I see a lot of them on the site, but I don't exactly have the money to buy all those foods/supplements (I'm only 16). I guess what I'm really looking for is substitute foods for most of these diets. Foods you can find in any house. Any help would be nice !

joman2055 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    the best thing to do is talk with your parents (i assume they buy the food in the house) and explain to them that your health is important to you and get them on board with changing their diets as well. do your research and present it to them in a calm manner. since I have cleaned up my diet, my food cost has actually gone down. my main foods are frozen chicken breast, frozen salmon fillets, and a big bag of brown rice. none of those things are very expensive. i know living at home makes it very difficult to eat the exact foods that you want. mom's awesome (but fatty) cooking and baking really gets in the way of proper diet.

your best bet is to talk with your mom (assuming she prepares most of the meals) and maybe give her some recipes you find on this site (there are a TON of great ones). i am sure she would love to make some of them with you and most of them are VERY easy to make.

in the last few months i have done hours of reading on this site about nutrition and diet, there is a lot of information here, read as much as you can. the more you know the better.

Retoaded has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Retoaded has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Retoaded has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Retoaded has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Retoaded has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Retoaded has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Retoaded has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Retoaded has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Retoaded has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Retoaded has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Retoaded has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by Tdubzz View Post
    Hey guys, i was wondering if anyone could help me plan a fat loss diet? I see a lot of them on the site, but I don't exactly have the money to buy all those foods/supplements (I'm only 16). I guess what I'm really looking for is substitute foods for most of these diets. Foods you can find in any house. Any help would be nice !
    I'd read the nutrition forum stickies that help you calculate your probable calorie needs every day. Then you can understand what amount of food you need to eat in order to create a calorie deficit and lose weight. Even though it may not be ideal, you can make NO changes in the types of foods you are eating and adjust the amounts to get the same goal. You can make small changes...increase chicken portion, decrease fatty side dish portion, etc...at 5'11" and 168 though...seems to be an ideal weight for you? maybe a little weight training to redistribute that weight? just some thoughts without knowing your particular situation.

RichTotalGains has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    There's a lot of information about losing weight, and dieting - all over the net; a lot of it which is contradictory and confusing. The basics are do more high intensity training, up the amount of protein you intake, and cut the amount of trans fats, carbs and sugars you consume. If you go to your local gym I'm sure there would be someone there happy to go through the mechanics of it all for you
    ---- GO HARD OR GO HOME ----
    ----http://total-gains.com----
    BlogPosts.ProductReviews.WorkoutGuides

superlean89 will become famous soon enough. (+50) superlean89 will become famous soon enough. (+50) superlean89 will become famous soon enough. (+50) superlean89 will become famous soon enough. (+50) superlean89 will become famous soon enough. (+50) superlean89 will become famous soon enough. (+50) superlean89 will become famous soon enough. (+50) superlean89 will become famous soon enough. (+50) superlean89 will become famous soon enough. (+50) superlean89 will become famous soon enough. (+50) superlean89 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    See this to calculate your macros (courtesy of emma leigh): http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showth...hp?t=133163973

However this calculator for calories if pretty accurate: http://www.freedieting.com/tools/calorie_calculator.htm

In short macros you want: 1g protein per lean pound of bodymass and at least 0.45g fat per pound of bodyweight and fill the rest with whatever else you want e.g carbs, more protein or fat to suit your needs.

Don't worry about eating clean its more important to reach you calorie and macro goals.

This thread should be good for you to read (courtesy of wavelength): http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showth...hp?t=129247741

Follow a good program such as starting strength ( just google starting strength) or jim wendler's 5/3/1 (just google jim wendler 5/3/1) however the routine outlined in wavelength's thread will be more than sufficient.

Do cardio only if you want to and your feel you must however it's not necessary for fat loss and the minimum you can get away with is always the best I would say so you can focus on other things.

Use something like www.myfitnesspal.com to track you food. I use it on my phone it make it so simple and quick.

I would also personally recommend IF (intermittent fasting) www.leangains.com, however this is a matter preference.

Another good indepth guide (credit to Insight) can be found here: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showth...&CJPID=4166869

Lastly don't stress and overcomplicate things fat loss is simple just be consistent. (check my fat loss log in my sig for some ideas if you like)

Any questions just reply or message me. Hope this helps and good luck!

malted_tea has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Wonder how it went with the OP? The challenge is huge if you can't get your parents on board and you're not able to purchase groceries (lack of income, knowledge, cooking skills, etc). The key would be talking to the parentals: suggesting substitutes for certain meals/meal ingredients, offering to cook the weekend meals (and the clean up) as long as the ingredients are supplied, etc.

Csabie has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Explain them that it's better to eat healthy than smoking, or drinkin alcohol... this was my strategy when I was a teen... sooner or later they will understand you and if they will see your results they may support you
    http://www.********.com/csabie.hangman